Sorry if this is a dumb question, I also searched and could not find anything which applied. I bought a new theme which came attached to an email. When I opened it, it went to my notepad. How do I get it from there to my storm? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 09:28 AM
    is it an ota link or a zip file ? if it's an ota link open the link up from your phone. if its a zip file unzip the file and open desktop manager click on application loader then add/remove programs you can then browse for the file from there and double click on the alx file
    03-04-09 09:34 AM
    I bought a new theme which came attached to an email. When I opened it, it went to my notepad.
    Save the attachment to your computer running DM. Connect your phone, open DM. Select, Application Loader -> Add/Remove Applications, browse... and find the .alx file you saved to your computer. (If it's a zip - extract the contents first). Then, click next and your phone will be updated.

Likewise, do the same and 'uncheck' the themes/apps listed to uninstall.
    03-04-09 10:10 AM
    I agree with Uncheels, it depends on the type of file. A jad file must be installed directly to the phone via OTA.

The zip file can be downloaded to your pc and installed via DM.
    03-04-09 11:14 AM
    Save the attachment to your computer running DM. Connect your phone, open DM. Select, Application Loader -> Add/Remove Applications, browse... and find the .alx file you saved to your computer. (If it's a zip - extract the contents first). Then, click next and your phone will be updated.

Likewise, do the same and 'uncheck' the themes/apps listed to uninstall.
    My DM states it has "No additional applications designed for your devise were found"
    03-06-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD