Posted also in the Theme Developers forum, but its usually a deadzone and I need answers now...

Ok, I have done it before but the same method i used before doesnt seem to be working anymore...

TL;DR version at the bottom!

What I want is, the today area shows up when selecting Messages/SMS/Calendar, ok perfect, but I want it so that when i hit another button (not an application button, but a self made button that initiates other triggers) it hides the today area...

Solution is, I have it so that when you focus in on the button that hides the today area to launch application "Activation" since that app doesnt do anything, it hides the today area because wehnever you focus on another app it hides the today area if there are no today info to show...

Problem, the button that I have to do that, hides itself upon focus, so what seems to be happening is, its hiding itself before it can focus in on itself, if that makes sense...and therefore it doesnt focus in on the "activation" app to hide the today area...

I have tried remeding this to hide the button 1 second after focus in, so it has "time" to focus in on the "activation" app, but that doesnt seem to work...

Any ideas ladies? :P

TL;DR:

Basically, if you know how to make the Hidden Today area hide when you hit another button (not a theme button specifically, but any button) then post here!
    11-05-09 01:54 AM
    I've always found it easier to make it hide by having the same buttons that show it on focus in hide it on focus out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 09:59 AM
    I've always found it easier to make it hide by having the same buttons that show it on focus in hide it on focus out

So you are saying, example, make button that links to messages on activate, and have it link to "Activation" on focus out, highlight messages, today area shows, highlight ANYTHING else and it will spring "Activation"???

OMG if this works, u are a genius.
    11-05-09 10:47 AM
    Exactly...let me know if it works

11-05-09 12:33 PM
    Using some of the suggestion above I found it worked fairly simple for me. As an example, on a theme where I have a dock that slides into the same area where my hidden today info displayed, I found that all I had to do was add a "launch activation" command to the focus in portion of my hidden button to show my dock, and it hides the today area. I don't know if it works on all OS, but it worked in simulator version .148, and on my phone running .328. Great question on this thread and response, as I have been trying to figure out how to do this also.
    11-05-09 09:54 PM
    I just tested this and it works like a charm, been trying to figure out how to do this forever,thanks.
    11-05-09 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD