Hello Kitty

For all the Sanrio lovers out there...

UPDATE: Changed the icons to the free grey 'Sticker Icons' set from dryicons.com (most icons were skinned) Also, new mail/sms/mms show up with a pretty pink bow indicator!

Like My Work? Why not donate to help me make more!? DONATE

FEATURES:

Hidden Today Dock, show up to 8 calendar or SMS/MMS or missed calls, when you touch the icons (must be in the dock). 7 of the 8 icons in the dock are user customizable, Profiles is hard coded. All graphics except the actual wallpaper were handmade in Photoshop. Icons are precision style so they match 3rd party apps like Viigo, Youtube, Facebook, Instango etc. unlike themes that use completely different icons. Eveything is crisp and fonts are easy to read.

OTA LINK

Last edited by Synergie; 03-10-09 at 06:44 PM.
    02-23-09 07:40 PM
    Sorry if anyone tried to dl earlier and got an error... my host (toclasshost) has been having some issues lately. Everything should be fine now...

Hello Kitty lovers, dl away lol (not my thing personally, but people were requesting HK)
    02-24-09 12:00 PM
    looks great.... even though pink is not my color :}

that hidden dock is sweet..
    02-24-09 12:05 PM
    My wife is going to love this one....

She currently has a different Hello Kitty Theme, but its a bit busy. Im sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly is a hidden dock in the today screen?

Oh, and btw, is the OTA link working now?
    02-24-09 01:59 PM
    My wife is going to love this one....

She currently has a different Hello Kitty Theme, but its a bit busy. Im sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly is a hidden dock in the today screen?

Oh, and btw, is the OTA link working now?
    the dock is not hidden... the today items are. So if you touch the calendar icon, it will show your calendar entries (up to 8) and once you touch another icon, the calendar items hide so it looks clean and very un-busy. It also works with new unread emails and SMS and also missed calls. The only catch is you have to have those icons in the dock. ...As long as you move them to the top 2 rows of the apps screen.

I tried to make everything as clean and easy to read as possible. The graphics were all hand made in photoshop and I took special care to optimize them to avoid 'banding' (when gradients get those harsh bands of colors instead of a nice smooth gradient) And hiding the today items makes for a cleaner appearance overall, and leaves the wallpaper clear when you are not touching the icon.

Yes the OTA is working
    02-24-09 02:45 PM
    Updated the icons to the sticker icon set from dryicons, and also made the indicator overlay into a pink bow to show new emails!
    02-24-09 10:30 PM
    I love love love Hello Kitty. This is a great theme. Thanks
    02-24-09 11:03 PM
    ive seen quite a few hello kitty themes for the storm but this is far the best...
    02-25-09 04:27 PM
    Very cool theme! You are extremely talented
    02-28-09 01:23 PM
    I downloaded the theme from the OTA link but I got it with the old icons... (not the sticker ones...) Did I do something wrong?

Cheers!
    02-28-09 01:38 PM
    I downloaded the theme from the OTA link but I got it with the old icons... (not the sticker ones...) Did I do something wrong?

Cheers!
    Try this link:

OTA HERE

Sometimes flash fxp won't update the files when I upload them, if they are the same name (for some reason)
    02-28-09 04:35 PM
    i also downloaded the one with orig icons...but i like it...just wondering why for some reason after ive moved my icons around, on the home screen the very last one always shows as "sound profiles" for some reason.. gonna try the new icons version now
    03-01-09 11:31 AM
    ok i changed to the new icons HK theme...i guess you made it this way on purpose (sounds as the last of 8 icons on home screen)

well i love the theme other than that. i just have exactly 8 things i need to use frequently but i can work around it. i haven't notice any other problems as of yet. good work !!
    03-01-09 11:43 AM
    Oh now I am confused. I downloaded this a few days ago. Is there a huge difference? Is it different enough for me to have both versions. I can't pull up the images on my work computer
    03-01-09 12:04 PM
    Just the icon set changed, and only 7 of the dock icons are customizable... profiles is hard coded... the reason is because it's not in the banner anymore.
    03-01-09 12:52 PM
    Is there a Hello kitty theme for BB perals~?
    03-01-09 11:31 PM
    I just downloaded this- its so cute!

It would be even cooler if you could have a little kitty icon for incoming calls and/or other things like the little question box that comes up confirming deleting messages etc, but thats just me being really fussy
    03-02-09 03:18 PM
    when i click OTA link and save to my desktop, once going to open it it says "Windows Cannot Open This File". Any ideas?
    03-02-09 08:24 PM
    when i click OTA link and save to my desktop, once going to open it it says "Windows Cannot Open This File". Any ideas?
    It's OTA... meaning you need to go to that link on your BB storm, not your desktop!
    03-02-09 10:06 PM
    i suck, lol what is a jad file, how do i get this on the phone, ive downloaded themes before, i got 2 sent to my phone so i didnt have to transfer anything, the only 1 i did transfer was a .cod file..... can u please tell me how to do this . my girlfriend really wants this
    03-04-09 04:24 PM
    i suck, lol what is a jad file, how do i get this on the phone, ive downloaded themes before, i got 2 sent to my phone so i didnt have to transfer anything, the only 1 i did transfer was a .cod file..... can u please tell me how to do this . my girlfriend really wants this
    Just navigate to this page on her BB and click on the link in the original post.
    03-04-09 05:14 PM
    Hi - Great theme :- ) Is there a way to download directly onto bb storm rather than saving to desktop computer? Thanks a mil -
    03-08-09 12:00 AM
    dah - recently read all threads and am attempting to dowload via ota - thanks again
    03-08-09 12:23 AM
    hello i cannot do ota, i have to do it via blackberry manager do you have the zip file. thanks
    03-08-09 04:54 PM
    First of all, VERY cute theme. I've never downloaded themes to my phone before but this one made me to it.

A few problems though...
    #1 Holy slow... I don't know why, but this makes my phone SO slow. So this goes into #2, when I switch back to the default theme and open up the full menu, it still uses that purple triangle to select things instead of shadowing the whole box like it used to. I don't know if that makes sense? but I can't figure out how to fix it.
    #3, I thought deleting this theme might solve the problem. Apparently this theme is unable to be deleted?? There's no delete option in the options menu.

Blah, is my phone stuck like this forever?
    03-10-09 07:45 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD