09-14-11 01:32 PM
214 123 ...
tools
    OS 5.0 Compatable versions now available

I've just finished my Gears of War theme which features custom icons based on the achievement images seen in Gears of War 1 and 2.

Best of all it's entirely FREE

If you would like to make a Donation for the work carried out on this theme you can use the following link:

OS 4.7 OTA
    Gears of War Theme
    Gears of War Today Theme
    Gears of War 4 Icon Theme
    Gears of War Weather Bug Theme
    Gears of War Weather Bug Today Theme

OS 5.0 OTA
    Gears of War Weather Bug Theme
    Gears of War Weather Bug Today Theme
    Gears of War Weather Bug 4Icon Theme
    Gears of War Weather Bug Today 4Icon Theme

All versions can also be downloaded by visiting www.themestorm.net on your Storm.

Theme has been featured on:
    RIMarkable
    The Blackberry Storm Blog
    Blackberry Rocks
    Pocket Berry
    Geek Berry
    Smart Phone Cool
    Blackberry Cool

The Theme wallpaper should show up fine, but you can grab it from here if you need:
    http://www.owinwood.co.uk/stormThemes/gow/gow.jpg

This theme was originally requested here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/re...-theme-158584/

This is my first theme, only had a Blackberry for 2 weeks and love it. Hope you enjoy the theme as much as I enjoyed making it.

If you would like to make a Donation for the work carried out on this theme you can use the following link:

Last edited by Zachriel; 12-08-09 at 05:26 PM.
    Pumero69 likes this.
    02-15-09 01:08 PM
    Love the theme, great work!
    02-15-09 01:13 PM
    Very nice, never played the game...fan of the theme.
    02-15-09 01:15 PM
    DUDE this looks sick.... im getting it now... def. the best theme in my opinion thx you
    02-15-09 02:02 PM
    Really nice and clean theme. A lot of themes people make for video games look nice but not so clean. This is the first I've seen that looks nice and clean all around.
    02-15-09 02:06 PM
    OMG OMG OMG what a cool theme! Great game as well.
    02-15-09 02:08 PM
    Awesome!!!! Great Work!!!!
    02-15-09 02:11 PM
    Wow, awesome job. I was using the 360 theme which is a great too, but I love Gears of War so I'm definitely downloading this one!!
    02-15-09 02:28 PM
    Are u kidding me? Superb work on this. Great to see good ones like this being free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 02:32 PM
    This is my new favorite theme. Thanks so much for taking your time to make it. I love it!
    02-15-09 02:40 PM
    Sick! Those icons look awesome!
    02-15-09 02:42 PM
    Just finished moving all my icons around and I must say, the screenshots look great but does not compare to how awesome this theme looks on the phone.
    Also I have not noticed any lag whatsoever.

Superb job Zach!!
    02-15-09 02:56 PM
    nice job finally someone has come out with a theme. you rock and one of my favorite games. let me know if you guys find anymore please.
    02-15-09 03:16 PM
    This is awesome...thanks a lot...

Appreciate you kept it free...
    02-15-09 03:19 PM
    Definitely like it! Awesome job!
    02-15-09 03:41 PM
    Thanks for the theme you have given me an idea to make my own theme for Fallout 3. Great work!
    02-15-09 03:43 PM
    This looks great. I was trying to make one where everything gets highlighted red and yours takes care of that. I don't know if its possible but can you change the the way the keyboard highlights from blue to red?
    02-15-09 04:01 PM
    sweet thanks
    02-15-09 04:01 PM
    looks great, my only suggestion would be the highlight for icons being changed. The thumbprint idea another guy does for his windows 7 themes is great, and you could do a similar styled one by just leaving the icons as are, but having the gears logo go over it in the corner. Something like this where I put it for the browser:

02-15-09 04:13 PM
    looks great, my only suggestion would be the highlight for icons being changed. The thumbprint idea another guy does for his windows 7 themes is great, and you could do a similar styled one by just leaving the icons as are, but having the gears logo go over it in the corner. Something like this where I put it for the browser:

while it is a good idea, i think a glow would be better than putting up another image. it takes away from the smoothness this theme has.
    02-15-09 04:17 PM
    anything would work, my only complaint is the highlight now looks sorta out of place. just throwing up some ideas because the icons and theme are really well done.
    02-15-09 04:19 PM
    Not to take any thunder away from the OP, because I dig this GOW theme just like everybody else, but here is another GOW theme over at sm0g.

I dig your icons because it's from the game, but the way he has his setup is pretty nice. No glowing box around it, it just bounces and shows the name of the icon when you press it. Maybe change it to act a little more like that?

Here's the link: sm0g • Login You'll have to register to view it.
    Last edited by ElwoodBlues; 02-15-09 at 04:37 PM.
    02-15-09 04:35 PM
    Just so the OP doesn't misunderstand me, I dig this theme a lot more. It's more authentic with the achievement icons. I just agree with everybody else in the sense that I don't like how the icons respond when touched.
    02-15-09 04:42 PM
    This looks great. I was trying to make one where everything gets highlighted red and yours takes care of that. I don't know if its possible but can you change the the way the keyboard highlights from blue to red?
    I don't think this is possible, I didn't see any options for it.
    02-15-09 05:02 PM
    Just so the OP doesn't misunderstand me, I dig this theme a lot more. It's more authentic with the achievement icons. I just agree with everybody else in the sense that I don't like how the icons respond when touched.
    Thats cool, people are always going to have their likes and dislikes when it comes to this sort of thing although it's highly unlikely that i'll make any changes other than a couple mentioned at the start of this thread. I played around with a couple of ideas as to what would happen when you press the buttons and the way i've made it was my favourite.

As for bouncing icons unfortunately I have no idea where to even start and imagine it would involve Composer.

Saying that I may consider releasing an alternative theme with the Gears logo as suggested by jcharris08, and possibly one that doesn't have anything behind it glow or anything as there wouldn't be a much extra work involved. As i'm not sure if anyones noticed but the icons are slightly desaturated when not selected, so turn full colour when selected, which could be nice on its own.
    02-15-09 05:16 PM
214 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD