Damn man... SO SICK!!! I've been playing Gears of War 2 religiously lately...

I love the chainsaw duel during the call! That alone makes me want to download it! hehe

I'll definately pick this one up.

btw ..just got my theme up and running...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/gr...-theme-164460/

peace
    02-20-09 03:33 PM
    Cool! Nice job, D/L now
    02-20-09 03:46 PM
    Dude im a GOW junkie ....love the theme very orginal. Do you have a paypal account so we can $donate$ you deserve a little monetary respect for your work since there are noobs like me too worried about bricking our phones to download and play around with the OS?

Except one problem i have the lightning picture on the background of my home screen, running .75 OS ?????
    Last edited by l.marshall117; 02-20-09 at 05:06 PM.
    02-20-09 05:01 PM
    Can I get the link to the wallpaper? It didnt come across on the download.
    02-20-09 05:49 PM
    Just wanted to drop a note and thank the OP for making such a great theme. Each element is well thought through, and the theme is very cohesive.

I've tried all of the top themes, and this one is by far the slickest.
    02-20-09 05:53 PM
    I've just finished updating to the new version of the theme. You can grab it on the first page of this thread. I highly recommend upgrading to this version of theme.

I wasn't planning on adding a donation link, but it was suggested by l.marshall117 (so blame him ) So if you would like to make a donation towards this theme feel free:
    Last edited by Zachriel; 02-20-09 at 09:40 PM.
    02-20-09 09:18 PM
    Cool! Nice job, D/L now
    Just wanted to drop a note and thank the OP for making such a great theme
    The theme has just been updated, I highly recommend grabbing the new version.

Do you have a paypal account so we can $donate$ you deserve a little monetary respect for your work
    Donate button added on the first page

Except one problem i have the lightning picture on the background of my home screen, running .75 OS ?????
    Can I get the link to the wallpaper? It didnt come across on the download.
    This can be found on the first page, but i've added the link for you
    gow wallpaper

As I said above the theme has been updated (it actually fixes this issue) so I would highly recommend downloading again.
    02-20-09 09:48 PM
    On the original post it looks like there is no backdrop to the home screen icons but on the phone they have a backdrop just like the stock zen theme. Is this supposed to be the case? No backdrop woth bouncing icons would be awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 09:01 AM
    On the original post it looks like there is no backdrop to the home screen icons but on the phone they have a backdrop just like the stock zen theme. Is this supposed to be the case? No backdrop woth bouncing icons would be awesome.
    I take it you mean the image that appears behind an icon when it's selected? This does not appear in the latest version of the theme, the icon simply bounces (That's what it does on my phone as well as in the simulator).

Sometimes images from previous themes can stay in the memory so can appear instead of the correct ones, if this is the case a battery pull (full reboot) of the phone should fix this.
    02-21-09 10:16 AM
    I take it you mean the image that appears behind an icon when it's selected? This does not appear in the latest version of the theme, the icon simply bounces (That's what it does on my phone as well as in the simulator).

Sometimes images from previous themes can stay in the memory so can appear instead of the correct ones, if this is the case a battery pull (full reboot) of the phone should fix this.
    You've almost got what I'm saying. Basically the main screen of the theme looks just like the stock zen theme. The top bar is exactly the same as the stock theme, as well as the opaque backdrop the icons have. There is also text under the icons. I've restarted as well as deleted and re-downloaded the theme and nothing works. I'm thinking that it has to do with running the .103 OS. What version are you running that has the theme looking as it does in the initial post of the thread? Thanks
    02-21-09 10:53 AM
    You've almost got what I'm saying. Basically the main screen of the theme looks just like the stock zen theme. The top bar is exactly the same as the stock theme, as well as the opaque backdrop the icons have. There is also text under the icons. I've restarted as well as deleted and re-downloaded the theme and nothing works. I'm thinking that it has to do with running the .103 OS. What version are you running that has the theme looking as it does in the initial post of the thread? Thanks
    I've tested this theme on .75, .78 as well as .100 for the 5300(which I'm currently using) and it looks exactly as it does in the images i've posted.

Make sure you're using the links that appear before the images in the original post rather than the ones after (they're old versions of the theme for people who might still want them)
    OTA Theme Install
    Desktop Manager Theme Install

As for it being a problem with .103 it's sounds possible. Severel people have reported problems with various themes and from what I can tell they were all running .103.

Can anyone else who has downloaded the new theme just post to let me know it looks exactly like the images i've posted on page one? It does on my phone but want to check others are seeing what they're supposed to. Could you say if it works or it doesn't as well as which version of the OS you're using.

Thanks
    02-21-09 12:19 PM
    One thing I notice was that now you have to press the menu button to go to the secondary home page instead of just clicking the screen like the previous versions
    02-21-09 02:38 PM
    One thing I notice was that now you have to press the menu button to go to the secondary home page instead of just clicking the screen like the previous versions
    Not something I thought about really but makes sense. First version used the Zen template so probably had it by default, where as this one uses the custom template so I will need to add it myself. I might get some time to add it Sunday, so will update once I have.
    02-21-09 04:24 PM
    Done in Theme Builder/Composer, tested in the simulator, will test on the phone in the morning. So you can expect an update shortly after
    02-21-09 04:55 PM
    this is hot
    02-22-09 12:28 AM
    Great job Zachriel.. Your attention to detail is remarkable!
    02-22-09 03:49 AM
    Theme has been updated. Entire blank area above the icons on the Home screen is now clickable and will take you to the main menu.

(If you've downloaded in the last 20 minutes you may already have the updated version. Click above the icons and if it takes you to the main menu alls good, if not then I recommend downloading the theme again)
    02-22-09 05:50 AM
    Great theme! love the game and now this is my new fav. app. any way that you can make a today theme using this theme set up?
    02-22-09 12:44 PM
    My homepage icons don't bounce they are just like the original zen theme n highlight blue when hooveree over...I run .75...I just re installed n all n still the same....neone else having the dame problem?

02-22-09 01:23 PM
    My homepage icons don't bounce they are just like the original zen theme n highlight blue when hooveree over...I run .75...I just re installed n all n still the same....neone else having the dame problem?

That's the same problem I was telling him I'm having. It's basically the exact same setup as the stock zen theme on the top and bottom bars of the homepage. I'm running .103 so that makes two different versions of the OS that have this with the gears theme. I really like the theme though so I'll just keep using it and hope it fixes itself next time I update.
    02-22-09 01:35 PM

Have you tried a battery pull? Power off the phone and remove the battery for 30 seconds. It works fine on my phone but then I have the European 9500 version. I'm downloading the 9530 simulator now to see if it works ok with that.
    02-22-09 01:37 PM
    That's the same problem I was telling him I'm having. It's basically the exact same setup as the stock zen theme on the top and bottom bars of the homepage. I'm running .103 so that makes two different versions of the OS that have this with the gears theme. I really like the theme though so I'll just keep using it and hope it fixes itself next time I update.
    Have you tried any other bouncing icon themes? Does the same happen with them?
    02-22-09 01:41 PM
    Have you tried any other bouncing icon themes? Does the same happen with them?
    I believe I tried one of them, can't remember which one it was now though. It worked fine, I just didn't care for the theme. I'm not trying to pick on your theme by the way, I'm a big gears fan and you've done and awesome job with this theme and all the icons. Just trying to get it working the way you meant it to. Keep up the good work!
    02-22-09 01:47 PM
    I believe I tried one of them, can't remember which one it was now though. It worked fine, I just didn't care for the theme. I'm not trying to pick on your theme by the way, I'm a big gears fan and you've done and awesome job with this theme and all the icons. Just trying to get it working the way you meant it to. Keep up the good work!
    Don't worry I didn't think you were trying to pick, I'm just trying to understand what you've tried to get it working as well as what other themes you've tried. There are a few other bouncing icon themes out there which would have been made in exactly the same way to mine, so I would suggest testing one of these to see if you have the same problem with it.

Have you tried the followin?
    Set to default theme --> battery pull for at least 30 seconds --> re-install theme --> select theme --> battery pull for at least 30 seconds.
    02-22-09 01:53 PM
    Don't worry I didn't think you were trying to pick, I'm just trying to understand what you've tried to get it working as well as what other themes you've tried. There are a few other bouncing icon themes out there which would have been made in exactly the same way to mine, so I would suggest testing one of these to see if you have the same problem with it.

Have you tried the followin?
    Set to default theme --> battery pull for at least 30 seconds --> re-install theme --> select theme --> battery pull for at least 30 seconds.
    Yeah I've pretty much tried all I can think of, I'm guessing it's some sort of .103 compatibility issue but nobody else using .103 has spoken up about having the same problem. I'll probably try again to remove the theme with the battery pulls and see if it works.
    02-22-09 02:05 PM
214 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD