Sweetness. Anyone know why the emulator download from the BB site would be corrupt?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 06:51 PM
    Alright... I got the 9500 emulator for .75 and compiled some SVG for the hidden docks. No errors at compile or on load into theme builder, but when I try the emulator I get an error on the virtual screen that says to reload the software... I'm assuming that means my SVG is bad somewhere, right?

05-22-09 12:34 AM
    Hmm.. whenever i have had an error its a white screen with the option to click reset on it
    05-22-09 07:16 AM
    This would be a sweet theme, wish I could help but I'm at the same stage in .svg (I still have no clue how to make a button trigger the docks)

But as far as the emulator goes, are you trying to simulate right out of theme builder? For some reason 4.7 cant do that and will give an error. Try loading the emulator separately, and then load an exported version of your theme (it has to be a the desktop loading version of the theme) Hope that helps, and if you manage to figure out the hidden dock sharing would be awesome
    05-22-09 07:31 AM
    Oh,if I figure this thing out you better believe I'll write something up. I'll give launching the emulator separate from Plazmic and see what happens. I just need to figure out how to make the paths non-linear if this does work...

05-22-09 11:38 AM
    Alright... Emulator works after I figured out you had to go into theme and set the theme... *facepalms*

Bad news: SVG is a no go... In fact, all the icons are the same as whatever is in slot 0. Need to fix that. Back to the drawing board.

05-22-09 11:49 AM
    Dang... I will probably have more time to look at this tomorrow, and hopefully we can figure something out
    05-22-09 12:51 PM
    I have an idea on how to possibly get it to work but I have NO idea how to explain it so I'm not going to even try, I'll just have to try when I take a look and hope it works lol
    05-22-09 12:52 PM
    What's the best way to get you the files you'd need to take a look? (and what would you need?)
    05-22-09 12:55 PM
    Alright... Emulator works after I figured out you had to go into theme and set the theme... *facepalms*

Bad news: SVG is a no go... In fact, all the icons are the same as whatever is in slot 0. Need to fix that. Back to the drawing board.

You can change the slotID in the SVG file manually. Press ctrl+f and search for "slot" and you'll probably see where you can change what slot each theme_button uses.
    05-22-09 01:06 PM
    Thanks hastings I'll take a look that should week. I just made the assumption that Composer was smear enough to figure that out on its own. Anyone with an idea on creating a non-linear motion path?

05-22-09 01:10 PM
    You can change the slotID in the SVG file manually. Press ctrl+f and search for "slot" and you'll probably see where you can change what slot each theme_button uses.
    I think thats what I was thinking... changing that slot ID so they are individualized rather than grouped if you will...

You are the man hastings!
    05-22-09 02:02 PM
    I think thats what I was thinking... changing that slot ID so they are individualized rather than grouped if you will...

You are the man hastings!
    actually wasnt what i was thinking... i was thinking something else... forgot slot is just which icon shows up ... oops
    05-22-09 06:16 PM
    That addresses my problem, at least part. I haven't tried it just yet, but I'd wager that all six of my icons point to the same slot.

05-22-09 06:32 PM
    yes they are all pointing to "slot" rather than "slot1" "slot2" etc.
    05-22-09 08:02 PM
    Ok... fixed the 'slot' issue with the icons. Fixed the animations.

Issues remaining:

1) The animation paths on the 'hidden dock' icons is still linear; I need them to be curved and I need to be able to set the curve degree.

2) My hidden buttons - i.e. clicking on the date opens the calendar - do not function at all.

3) I need to set the initial state of the six 'hidden dock' icons to their hidden state and set the dock toggles to their 'click to show' state.
    05-24-09 11:11 PM
    Code:
    	<animateTransform xlink:href="#leftButton3" id="_anim_left3_out" attributeName="transform" type="translate"
    					    to="121,360" dur="0.4s"  
    					    fill="freeze" path="curving" curve="-.5"
    					    begin="showLeft.activate"/>
    Okay... I tried the above SVG to animate the path of the 'hidden dock' icon, but the compiler throws and exception when including the path and curve attributes, stating they are not valid in the animateTransform container. They'll probably be valid in an animateMotion container, but I'm pretty sure that an animateMotion will not move the icon; or will it? Anyone have any insight?
    05-25-09 12:18 AM
    Got the curve animation!!! Problem: my coordinates are WAY off. Any one have insight into the varrying coordinate systems in Plazmic? Some things seem to use different points of reference - e.g. the left edge versus center - and some are absolute with a central origin (center of the display area) versus a top left origin and still others are relational - e.g. move x pixels right and -y pixels down.

Help!?!
    05-26-09 12:02 AM
    Abandoning the curving animation far the moment while I work on other aspects of this thing. If anyone comes up with the answer for the coordinate system in composer, let me know.

06-02-09 06:36 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD