UPDATE 1-16-10 - ALL known Facebook issues resolved! Browser font color changed.

UPDATE 1-4-10 - Fixed reported issue where indicators on message screen would not show due to black on black background. Changed app dock/today items interactivity so that if you tap the calendar while the dock is up, the dock will slide out of the way so that they are not overlapped. Added SSID for WIFI.

This is my rendition of the theme Black 'n Brush by jaxjon. Posted with Jon's permission, and since this is not totally my original theme concept (just a different spin on Jon's original), I will not take donations or requests for custom versions for this one.

I always liked the brushed metal look of the banners, focus icons, phone buttons, etc., so I kept those like the original. Changed some fonts, used different icons and walls, and added a 12 item dock. Slot for WB )or whatever) on homescreen. Hotspots are as follows:

Profiles, Clock, Connections, and Messages at their respective indicators.

Calendar is at date.

Dock hide/unhide to left of WB slot, contacts to left of dock button.

Options button below the signal meter.

App screen in center of homescreen.

Full 10 item hidden today, which hides itself when another item is selected (including the app dock).

Enjoy, and Happy New Year!!!

OTA Link:
    Black-N-Brush 2010

You can find links to my other themes here: Themes by robvb68
    Last edited by robvb68; 01-16-10 at 08:00 PM.
    01-02-10 05:07 PM
    pretty nice
    01-02-10 05:40 PM
    This theme is freakin' AWESOME! I LOVE IT! Colors are awesome. I love the calendar. I love the way the apps slide in and the number of apps. You did a great job. Thanks again! Keep up the great work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 12:00 AM
    This theme is freakin' AWESOME! I LOVE IT! Colors are awesome. I love the calendar. I love the way the apps slide in and the number of apps. You did a great job. Thanks again! Keep up the great work!

Thanks, glad you like it!
    01-03-10 06:59 AM
    Great theme. When the apps slide in, the calendar goes away, but when the apps are there and the calendar slides in, the apps don't go away and the calendar overlays the apps and is hard to read. Can the calendar go away when the apps slide out?

Also, in messages, the sent mail check mark is black on a black background, so you can't see it until it's highlighted. Can you make the check marks a different color or the background blue instead of black?

Thanks.
    Last edited by stevealb; 01-03-10 at 07:08 AM.
    01-03-10 07:03 AM
    Great theme. When the apps slide in, the calendar goes away, but when the apps are there and the calendar slides in, the apps don't go away and the calendar overlays the apps and is hard to read. Can the calendar go away when the apps slide out?

Also, in messages, the sent mail check mark is black on a black background, so you can't see it until it's highlighted. Can you make the check marks a different color or the background blue instead of black?

Thanks.
    Thanks for the heads-up! These are all fixable. I'll try to get to it tonite.
    01-03-10 07:49 AM
    Outstanding theme. Any way you can make a version with transparent top and bottom borders for the home screen and through out?
    Love it. Ty

01-03-10 04:02 PM
    great looking theme
    01-03-10 04:14 PM
    Outstanding theme. Any way you can make a version with transparent top and bottom borders for the home screen and through out?
    Love it. Ty

Glad you like the theme! I always liked Jon's original. As I said at the top of this thread, I am not going to do customs on this one, I don't feel it is right. I didn't even want to post it originally, but Jon said it was alright as he has not had time to update the original for 5.0.
    01-03-10 04:18 PM
    great looking theme
    Thanks, have fun with it!
    01-03-10 04:20 PM
    I previously posted about this theme and still love it. One problem though, don't know if its a theme issue or not but with this theme I set one of my pictures as a wallpaper. All the other themes it gives me an option to reset the original wallpaper. Didn't see it for this theme. So now I have to download it again. Thanks again for this great theme.

01-03-10 06:58 PM
    Silly me. Lol there is nothing wrong with this great theme. I'm still getting used to the 5.0 version of the BB storm. Been running 4.7 for the longest time. To reset the wallpaper from the home screen, press the blackberry button twice, then go to the option on the pop up menu, then choose to reset the wallpaper. I feel so stupid. Lol.

01-03-10 07:24 PM
    I have os 5.0.0.411 and some other themes installed but when I install yours absolutely nothing happens. Now I'm not sure if its compatible with my specific os or if I did something wrong, which I highly doubt (being a tech and all).

-Manny

01-03-10 07:57 PM
    I have os 5.0.0.411 and some other themes installed but when I install yours absolutely nothing happens. Now I'm not sure if its compatible with my specific os or if I did something wrong, which I highly doubt (being a tech and all).

-Manny

I see your listed device as a Curve. This will not work with a Curve. Are you loading this on a Storm??
    01-03-10 08:33 PM
    Silly me. Lol there is nothing wrong with this great theme. I'm still getting used to the 5.0 version of the BB storm. Been running 4.7 for the longest time. To reset the wallpaper from the home screen, press the blackberry button twice, then go to the option on the pop up menu, then choose to reset the wallpaper. I feel so stupid. Lol.

Glad you figured it out!! I was pretty sure this was not a theme issue.
    01-03-10 08:34 PM
    Fixed a couple of issues with theme display and added SSID for WIFI.
    01-04-10 09:58 AM
    Thanks for the heads-up! These are all fixable. I'll try to get to it tonite.
    Hi. I had one fix request on this great theme. In the Facebook app, when you hit the menu button, the menu items are, say, off white on a white background, so it makes it very hard to see. Is there anyway you can fix that? I'm not sure if it was a problem on the original theme you modified. Thanks for the consideration of fixing this.

This one is just a wish but not important in the grand scheme of things. Would you consider updating the theme a little to skin the folder icons? They all look alike now, so it would be cool to skin them to set them apart as one more change of the original theme you worked with. Thanks again for considering it. Maybe let the original theme developer know to update his theme too?
    01-04-10 12:24 PM
    Hi. I had one fix request on this great theme. In the Facebook app, when you hit the menu button, the menu items are, say, off white on a white background, so it makes it very hard to see. Is there anyway you can fix that? I'm not sure if it was a problem on the original theme you modified. Thanks for the consideration of fixing this.

This one is just a wish but not important in the grand scheme of things. Would you consider updating the theme a little to skin the folder icons? They all look alike now, so it would be cool to skin them to set them apart as one more change of the original theme you worked with. Thanks again for considering it. Maybe let the original theme developer know to update his theme too?
    I'll have to look at the FaceBook issue. It would be nice if all the app developers did not inherit any of the fonts/colors from a theme, or if they would at least make them inherit the same item (menu or list), they are all different.

As far as the icons, I'll see what I have.

Thanks for the comments!
    01-04-10 12:38 PM
    Cool theme.
    01-04-10 12:43 PM
    Thanks! Just my take on a cool original!
    01-04-10 12:44 PM

I figured out what was causing the issue with Facebook, and this has been fixed. I also updated the folder icons.
    01-05-10 11:49 AM
    Unfortunately, I'm still having that issue as it's still an off-whitish color. Plus, when I take a picture and then want to send it to Facebook, you can put a short description of the picture before it uploads. Unfortunately, that font color is all white, maybe offwhite also, so you can't actually see what you're typing. Thank you for looking into it. I was on vacation and tried to use the send a pic to Facebook option when I noticed that font color problem, so needless to say, I had to switch themes unfortunately. Hopefully you can figure it out, but if not, thanks for trying before. Take care.

I figured out what was causing the issue with Facebook, and this has been fixed. I also updated the folder icons.
    01-12-10 03:43 PM
    Again....very nice work. As usual.

01-12-10 06:34 PM
    I didn't see that anyone had posted this yet. Google sync only shows up as a black page; other than that I love the theme!! i got rid of all the others, hope you can fix the google sync thing.
    01-13-10 12:07 PM
    Unfortunately, I'm still having that issue as it's still an off-whitish color. Plus, when I take a picture and then want to send it to Facebook, you can put a short description of the picture before it uploads. Unfortunately, that font color is all white, maybe offwhite also, so you can't actually see what you're typing. Thank you for looking into it. I was on vacation and tried to use the send a pic to Facebook option when I noticed that font color problem, so needless to say, I had to switch themes unfortunately. Hopefully you can figure it out, but if not, thanks for trying before. Take care.
    That may be my fault, I may not have re-exported the theme, the menu problem is definitely fixed. The other problem can also be fixed, it was discovered and pointed out by a user on one of my other themes which was using the same font, so I have found how to fix it. I should be done and have an updated version by the weekend sometime. Thanks for your patience!
    01-13-10 02:13 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD