It seems these OS, including the new official from VZW have messed up folder skins with custom themes. Is there anyway to fix this?

One issue is the Media Folder....seems I (sometimes) have no appropriate Skin to choose from anymore.

I also miss the standard folder skins that come on the default folders in the Precision Zen theme...media, applications, download, Instant Messages, Setup...is there anyway to have these be provided at least as choices for folder skins?

Themes are different with the way folders show up and what skins you can choose when you make a new folder....I am just wondering if this issue is understood or if anyone knows a fix.

I know BBfile Scout used to enable a method for customizing them but I don't think that will work now because you can't access system folders anymore. Is there any other to manually customize folder skins?
    10-26-09 02:04 AM
    In the app screen, highlight the folder, hit BB button and select edit folder. Rename the folder to something else (ex: Applications to Apps). Save and the custom skin will show up.
    10-26-09 09:59 AM
    That didn't work, what worked was delete the folder and make a new one , Then it will show the custom skin
    10-26-09 10:52 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Works for me on every theme I've tried (pretty much all of them).
    10-26-09 11:28 AM
    Well I do see a Custom Skin...but I don't have a media folder...instead I have 2 differently skinned music Icons.

Prievouslly....like on .230 and .190 I could created a folder and the Media Icon...either the default one or one skinned by the theme...would be a choice.

For now I am left with the option of making some random looking folder the place to put all my media icons. I would prefer an Icon that at least looks like it contains Media outside of the name of the folder....

Also I deleted my downloads folder as suggested...but now I can not make a folder that had that skin...I can't make a folder with any other skin options than what I had before I deleted it. I get one generic theme skinned option...and then the basic colored ones, star ones, smiley face one, heart one, and BBlogo one that the Default precision Zen them gives you....

So my problem is the theme gives me one generic customized skin...but if I am missing a media folder or something I have to give it the wrong skin.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 10-26-09 at 01:38 PM.
    10-26-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD