Awesome NEW FIRE FIGHTER Theme with sliders is now available for the Storm at my website...see my signature.

I had a lot of fun with this one. Took photos at my local fire station in Bel Air, Maryland for use in this theme. Thanks to them for both their service and for giving me access to the station.

The Home Screen has two sliders. When you touch (not click) the "Fire Alarm" the garage door slides upward for 2 seconds. There is a slight delay and the a 2nd slider rises, in 1/2 a second, from the bottom of the screen with 8 user-defined (application order 1-8) icons / applications. The user uses the device as normal until he/she is done. They then touch (not click) the "CLOSE" area on the slider and it immediately slides back down out of the way and the garage door lowers back into its closed position.

* Note: OS 5.0......has an incompatibility bug with Plazmic Theme Design Software in which the landscape wallpaper doesn't display correcrtly and there are white bars on the sides. This happens with all themes with the exception of the one that comes with the OS. This can NOT be fixed until Plazmic releases their next version of development software.

Please send comments and feedback either here or via private message. All comments are welcome both positive and negative.

First, here is a video of the sliders...

FireFighter Theme Video

Here are a couple photo's from the Simulator.

Lock Screen

More photos at my website (see signature)

More Themes to come...so keep checking back at my website (see signature)

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kwoodford; 10-31-09 at 11:29 PM.
    10-29-09 03:13 PM
    i have to say that this is by far the greatest theme i have ever seen. deff worth the money as i have been asking for a good theme as well as others have. any idea when it will be compatible with 5.0
    10-29-09 03:50 PM
    i have to say that this is by far the greatest theme i have ever seen. deff worth the money as i have been asking for a good theme as well as others have. any idea when it will be compatible with 5.0
    This theme is semi-compatible with 5.0 already. Everything works except the app screen in landscape mode. This will be fixed as soon as Plazmic (RIM) releases their their next version of theme designer software.

Take care.
    10-29-09 07:10 PM
    Kevin,

Very nice.

I will def be keeping this one in mind after plazmic does their thing.

As a suggestion - it would also be nice if you had a version with a "Today" section when the door is down (I prefer a non hidden one but not sure if that's even possible).

Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by N2DFire; 10-30-09 at 09:55 AM. Reason: typos
    10-30-09 09:55 AM
    I'll see what I can do about the Today screen. Hidden may work. The problem with the non-hidden is that the screen is busy so the text from the calendar, etc might not show up well or be clearly readable.

I'll see what I might be able to do.

Thanks for the feedback.
    10-30-09 04:26 PM
    Added a Video in the main post so you can see how the sliders look.
    10-31-09 11:31 PM
    I just downloaded the slider theme and it is awesome. I love it. I had the issue of the white bars in landscape, like was mentioned. I went in and changed the default background of the fire truck to a pic of one of our trucks that I had taken, and that fixed the white bar problem. Now it works perfect.

Thanks, you do an awesome job!
    11-02-09 09:18 AM
    Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

My actual "day job" is as a programmer (mostly Visual Basic stuff - but a little web thrown in) but I haven't had any free time to figure out how to do anything with plazmic yet. Maybe one day.

Anyhow - I totally agree that text (no matter what color) over the "closed door" would be very busy.

Please bear in mind that I am clueless as to what you can & can't do here so bear with me. I would suggest that for "Hidden Today" that you "subdue" the background like with a light grey with slight opacity.
    For a fixed today I would remove the door altogether and just keep the subdued version of the truck in the background.

Just some random thoughts - I can tell from your web site that you've forgotten more about graphic design that I'll ever even learn so I'll shut up and leave it to the pro's now.

Again - great work. This is still the best FF related theme I have found so far.
    11-02-09 11:45 AM
    i tried donating but it wont allow me. it keeps saying return to merchant
    01-29-10 10:41 PM
    i tried donating but it wont allow me. it keeps saying return to merchant
    Hey man,

I appreciate you letting me know about the bad donation link. There were actually 3 that were faulty. They should work fine now.

And just for bringing it to my attention, if you have any photo's you'd like me to use to customize the Fire Fighter theme for you, send them to me at [email protected]. Please make sure they are clear and decent size so that I can manipulate (size & crop).

Thanks again.

Take care.
    01-30-10 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD