when you download or install themes or apps, does it store it in the app memory? If so, why not the onboard 1 gig space? I installed a theme and my app free space dropped from 30 to 23 even after a batt pull.
    02-17-09 11:02 AM
    Themes and apps go to the app memory
    The onboard memory is for media stuff - pics, vids and music etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 11:12 AM
    Does anyone think that the memory issue could ever be fixed through an OS update? Do you realize how amazing this phone would be if everything (messages, apps, themes, etc) could be insalled into the 1 GB onboard memory (or even the memory card)? Resets would be a thing of the past, you could load more than 10 third party apps, and all the 128megs of ram would be available for what ram is meant to do- run open applications! Why don't they do this? Especially when the app store comes out, if we want to be able to load sophisticated apps, they'll have to open up the 1GB for more than just media...isn't that what the "media" card is for?
    02-17-09 11:26 AM
    i have a question about themes... do themes take up a lot of memory? I am about to have my 4th theme and was wondering if there was a way to store them incase i want to use them at a later date. I don't want to just delete them. Thanks.
    03-25-09 04:44 PM
    i have a question about themes... do themes take up a lot of memory? I am about to have my 4th theme and was wondering if there was a way to store them incase i want to use them at a later date. I don't want to just delete them. Thanks.
    you could run a back-up of 3rd party apps and the themes would be included in that file. Then you can run DM to remove with apploader or simply from the BB itself in options>>advanced>>applications - highlight>>BB button>>delete.
    03-25-09 07:59 PM
    it can be fixed through a os, and im sure that it is gonna get better so look for good things in the future

Does anyone think that the memory issue could ever be fixed through an OS update? Do you realize how amazing this phone would be if everything (messages, apps, themes, etc) could be insalled into the 1 GB onboard memory (or even the memory card)? Resets would be a thing of the past, you could load more than 10 third party apps, and all the 128megs of ram would be available for what ram is meant to do- run open applications! Why don't they do this? Especially when the app store comes out, if we want to be able to load sophisticated apps, they'll have to open up the 1GB for more than just media...isn't that what the "media" card is for?
    03-25-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD