Hello all. I've recently started messing around with Plazmic and seeing what I can come up with.

One thing I'm wondering is how people manage to get the weatherbug icon onto the home screen? I have yet to be able to achieve this.

Also, is it possible to modify the icons for the Applications and Downloads folders? I can't seem to find them.

Can you include sounds in a theme? I made a few sound effects for various events and I like them a lot, just wondering if it's possible to include them in the package or not.

The other question is how do people get those docked or hidden menu bars along the sides?

I'd like to try some of this stuff myself but even after spending a lot of time poking around, I don't see any means of putting these things in.

thanks!
    04-18-09 01:22 PM
    To get weatherbug onto the homescreen by default, users have to assign as the first app in their application list. The most, AFAIK, you can do as a dev is to have a spot on the homescreen for it. You cant define it within the theme itself as weatherbug but as an app holder.

Yes you can modify the apps and dowbload folder but the name on it in TB is default folder (I believe). this goes for games folder as well.

Yes you can insert sounds. Not sure how but I've seen other devs do it. A Quick search might get you some info. I remember the Star Wars themes having a bunch of sounds on it. Might wanna PM the OP and ask.

As for the hidden docks and such, you have to create them in composer and them import over the svg file.

Good luck!
    04-18-09 01:53 PM
    to get the folders changes to show you need to rearrange the app hierarchy, it is in the same place you change all the files for the icons.
    04-18-09 03:12 PM
    To get weatherbug onto the homescreen by default, users have to assign as the first app in their application list. The most, AFAIK, you can do as a dev is to have a spot on the homescreen for it. You cant define it within the theme itself as weatherbug but as an app holder.

Yes you can modify the apps and dowbload folder but the name on it in TB is default folder (I believe). this goes for games folder as well.

Yes you can insert sounds. Not sure how but I've seen other devs do it. A Quick search might get you some info. I remember the Star Wars themes having a bunch of sounds on it. Might wanna PM the OP and ask.

As for the hidden docks and such, you have to create them in composer and them import over the svg file.

Good luck!
    Sounds do not transfer over into a theme when you use Composer. So its a waste of space if you try to put them in
    04-18-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD