Sounds weird, I know. But if I hadn't tried to install a few different themes I probably wouldn't buy it either. I tried installing one called floating and also one of the elle themes. Each one had the same result...... I couldn't maintain EDGE on either one. No amount of battery pulls or radio toggles would do the trick. And for the first time ever I had to refer to the how to thread in the tips and tricks sub-forum, but to no avail. I finally ended up reinstalling glass and all is well again. Anyone else ever heard of this or does my phone just not like themes? Oh and before anyone asks, no I didn't do a search first . I just find it kinda odd that a theme would have any influence over the radio and again if it didn't happen to me I probably wouldn't believe it either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 12:50 AM
    Sounds weird, I know. But if I hadn't tried to install a few different themes I probably wouldn't buy it either. I tried installing one called floating and also one of the elle themes. Each one had the same result...... I couldn't maintain EDGE on either one. No amount of battery pulls or radio toggles would do the trick. And for the first time ever I had to refer to the how to thread in the tips and tricks sub-forum, but to no avail. I finally ended up reinstalling glass and all is well again. Anyone else ever heard of this or does my phone just not like themes? Oh and before anyone asks, no I didn't do a search first . I just find it kinda odd that a theme would have any influence over the radio and again if it didn't happen to me I probably wouldn't believe it either.

To the best of my knowledge they can't control the radio, but the storm seems to be a beast of it's own that does it's own thing with apps and themes.
    08-07-09 12:57 AM
    Its obvious with the current couple of OSs we have seen (164 and 140) that the themes impact other aspects of the OS. Why do no sounds play for emails and SMS on OS 5 with a theme, who knows. So its not out of the realm of possibilities a theme might interfere somehow, its just highly unlikely.
    08-07-09 01:03 AM
    Its obvious with the current couple of OSs we have seen (164 and 140) that the themes impact other aspects of the OS. Why do no sounds play for emails and SMS on OS 5 with a theme, who knows. So its not out of the realm of possibilities a theme might interfere somehow, its just highly unlikely.
    That's what I'm saying.... It totally defies logic that I have had EDGE nonstop for months and when I finally get around to installing a different theme all I get is edge. Its a shame too, aside from that, I really liked the elle theme.

08-07-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD