View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    blank post, oops, sorry.

EDIT: I had accidentally posted the pictures that are now featured on the first post of this thread. I was using the "preview" function to make sure it all came out right, and I hit "post" isntead of "preview"! That's what happens at 3 in the morning I guess Sorry for the scare, bryan!

Anyway, it's all up now, enjoy, and make sure you leave feedback (and maybe a donation!) if you use the theme!
    Last edited by Aug0211; 06-27-09 at 03:14 AM.
    06-27-09 02:18 AM
    You freaked me out there for a second I was thinking I would get first OTA dibs. Ohh well I'm off for the night got a wedding tomorrow at noon and its almost 3:30 here. Thanks for the hard work you put into this theme it will be awesome, and I can finally DELETE all my themes.

Peace**
    06-27-09 02:22 AM
    Looks great! Thanks for all the hard work!
    06-27-09 02:32 AM
    Take all the time you need, and don't let something like this consume you, I think your design is probably one of the best laid out designs I've seen PERIOD. And for that I would and will HAPPILY wait for it. Take your time, and thank you so much for putting YOUR TIME and YOUR EFFORT into this.

...And for those who cannot wait, grow up. There are too many things in this world that can and WILL go wrong. For a theme to cause so much stress is simply childish. This man has put a lot of thought and effort into this theme for YOU, And did it for FREE.

Peace out, jonboy666
    06-27-09 02:36 AM
    so from the new screen shots .. does it mean your releasing it some time tomorrow ?
    06-27-09 02:44 AM
    Lol I was hoping nobody would see that. I tried to take it down as quickly as I could.

I'm still releasing tonight. Just working out last few kinks. I got anxious and wanted to see how it would look posted - and I hit post instead of preview!
    06-27-09 02:49 AM
    He said he's not gonna sleep until he gets it up, but he's entitled to do whatever he wants.

I just saw this thread and read through it, and I have to say, this will be one of the most epic themes ever.
    Minimal, clear, it's like you read my mine.

Along with the other dozen, I'm really excited.
    06-27-09 02:50 AM
    Please see first post
    06-27-09 02:57 AM
    Sweet! Downloading Elle Classic now. 144 KB.
    06-27-09 02:58 AM
    Sweet! Downloading Elle Classic now. 144 KB.
    I hope you enjoy it Please post back here with any feed back. You beat me to the first OTA download - I have tested the link but not actually from my post yet Congrats!

Thank you everyone for being patient with me. It took me a few days to create these 5 alternate versions. Please make sure you read through them and look at the text too. I think I have every request that was made covered. If I missed you, let me know.

Most complex one is the split messages/SMS. To accomplish that, use a NON-QL version and set up your home screen so that the SMS icon goes into the bottom left slot. This way, your emails will be in the bottom right and SMS will be in the bottom left.

You can always pick what you put in that slot though so if you don't want messages in there, no biggy

Weather edition was special for maddie (and others as well) and the Weather + MeterBerry edition was for ejackson who we all need to say thank you to, as he is the one hosting this for us all.

I hope everyone enjoys. I'll be gone all day tomorrow from 6:30 am until 10 pm most likely so support will be harder than ever, but I'll do as much as I can remotely with my phone.

And please at least consider making a donation. This has taken me a LOT of time to work out and a lot of hard, frustrating work.

Most of all, thanks for your patience and feedback!
    06-27-09 03:03 AM
    ...I Love you!!!
    06-27-09 03:19 AM
    Hm, I can't seem to find my SMS/MMS icon.
    It was set to theme controlled by default, and and I changed that, but can't seem to find it. :|
    Bug? Or my phone?
    06-27-09 03:29 AM
    No bug. Just tested again on my phone and it works.

Messages -> options -> general -> separate
    Then exit out and go find sms icon it may be in a folder by default. Once you find it, move it to appropriate location on home screen. If using classic you want it as the 5th app. Using weather edition 6th sop and weather + meterberry edition 7th app.

Hope this helps if not I'll get on computer tomorrow night with more detailed directions.

Thanks for your post!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 03:37 AM
    No bug. Just tested again on my phone and it works.

Messages -> options -> general -> separate
    Then exit out and go find sms icon it may be in a folder by default. Once you find it, move it to appropriate location on home screen. If using classic you want it as the 5th app. Using weather edition 6th sop and weather + meterberry edition 7th app.

Hope this helps if not I'll get on computer tomorrow night with more detailed directions.

Thanks for your post!

Doh, stupid me. It was hiding in my Applications folder. Thanks for that.
    Gonna organize my icons and such, and try it out! Will let you know.
    06-27-09 03:40 AM
    Just trying the theme. Have problems with QuickLaunch, can't see a scrollbar in its menue. I'm using elle wb+mb, my QuickLaunch is set to the right convenience key.
    I'm resetting now...
    06-27-09 05:34 AM
    Very odd... Just added a whole bunch of stuff to ql so I could get scroll bar. Worked fine in same version. Let us know after battery pull.

06-27-09 06:01 AM
    QL does work, but I can't see which item is marked because of the missing scrollbar. Also it's flickering when I launch it... Maybe the problems depend on my OS .78 from Vodafone Germany...
    06-27-09 06:07 AM
    I've sent a donation because I appreciate your work and I sense that you're listening people to improve your theme, thank you Auggie
    06-27-09 06:10 AM
    Ok I see. Have you had QL installed for a while? Does it do this in other themes as well or just elle? Does it do it his in every version of ellar or just elle Weather + MeterBerry + QL?

Thanks!

06-27-09 06:12 AM
    QL does work, but I can't see which item is marked because of the missing scrollbar. Also it's flickering when I launch it... Maybe the problems depend on my OS .78 from Vodafone Germany...
    Try getting the latest version of QuickLaunch, it has a "flicker fix" which is intended more for .148 OS but should fix it for you too.
    06-27-09 06:13 AM
    Thnk you so much. I got it and I appreciate it. I will add you to the email list once I am back gme tonight. I hope you enjoy the theme a post feedback. I am definitely trying to listen to what everyone wants!
    I've sent a donation because I appreciate your work and I sense that you're listening people to improve your theme, thank you Auggie
    06-27-09 06:13 AM
    Thnks for your help with this. It is a bigger help than you know! I'm running on 1.5 hours of sleep and don't have access to a computer lol
    Try getting the latest version of QuickLaunch, it has a "flicker fix" which is intended more for .148 OS but should fix it for you too.
    06-27-09 06:17 AM
    I bought QL when it was released and never had problems with other themes. I didn't try the other versions of "elle" yet, maybe I'll try this evening, have to go to work now...
    06-27-09 06:21 AM
    Hmm that's odd. It seems odd that it could be related to a theme - but maybe consider the updated QL. I'll vouch for it having some nice features in the update - as well as big fixes (specifically for flicker but normally in a higher OS).

Thanks for you feedback and do keep me updated!

Last edited by Aug0211; 06-27-09 at 06:49 AM.
    06-27-09 06:45 AM
    Great start almost a ten. One suggestion use some custom icons that would put the theme over the top

06-27-09 07:03 AM
1,521 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD