View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
02-17-11 11:18 AM
1,521 ... 58596061
tools
    Oh ok Thanks. Would be nice to have somehow though. I change my profile prob 3 times a day to something different and was nice to make sure it was on vib or silent when needed
    Just touch the top left corner, where the profiles hot spot is. It will immediately tell you what profile you're in (touch top left, and it will display on screen in text which profile is active). Hope that makes sense to ya...
    01-05-10 10:28 AM
    Agreed. I removed this theme because of that. There is a reason why BB put it on the homepage- it needs to be there for most people. Please figure out a way to put it back without assigning it to one of the buttons.
    Lol, wow, this is quite a brisk comment. No offense, but you should understand that this is *not* the default theme. Comparing it to Precision Zen doesn't make sense - you could make the argument that BB put visible icons on the home screen for a reason, and thus elle needs them. Realize that this is a different theme, and it always will be.

Just touch the top left corner of the screen, and it will read out your profile to you. Click the top left and you'll be able to change it as normal.

If you read the thread, you'll see that general consensus from all users was that they wanted it this way (it was their request).
    01-05-10 10:31 AM

Just touch the top left corner of the screen, and it will read out your profile to you. Click the top left and you'll be able to change it as normal.
    I may be mixing this up with another theme. Can you confirm if the sound profile shows or not? If you can touch it, i would think it shows. On the first page of this thread, it looks like it is there.

I'm confused. Sorry
    01-05-10 12:31 PM
    Agreed. I removed this theme because of that. There is a reason why BB put it on the homepage- it needs to be there for most people. Please figure out a way to put it back without assigning it to one of the buttons.
    Wow Aug, When didja start working for RIM? Geez I have the icon in the corner and still have sound profile as a hotspot only cause that corner is tight for my Fat finger. I guess if you really don't like elle there is always Zen

Ya know.. I liked this theme better with the white bars....can you put them back?
    01-05-10 03:11 PM
    Aug - per my direct email last night, I figured out the vmail icon issue I was having (to anyone curious - when you have the email notification in the bottom right on home screen (or top in applications screen) and it has 100 or more unread emails listed (i.e. the number is 3 digits) there is not room for the vmail icon so it is not there. I cleaned up my inbox on my BB and Viola - the vmail icon is there).

However, I did just completely remove all older versions of Elle (had to use BBSAK by the way to get rid of some of them) and just downloaded and installed the Classic S theme last night (donor version from latest donor email back right before Christmas).

I still have the profiles icon?? See attached screen shot. I have the glow icons and therefore believe I have the latest v5 version so trying to figure out why I have the profile icon when it sounds like you removed it.... I have the S2.
    01-05-10 03:57 PM
    I may be mixing this up with another theme. Can you confirm if the sound profile shows or not? If you can touch it, i would think it shows. On the first page of this thread, it looks like it is there.

I'm confused. Sorry
    No problem The sound profiles ICON is NOT supposed to show in the Storm2 versions - it IS supposed to show in the Storm1 versions. If There is a note on the 5.0 threads that says the images are kind of out of date (mainly for the Storm2).

Hope that clears that up some, although, there seems to be some cleaning up to do still (adding to the list...)
    01-05-10 04:54 PM
    Wow Aug, When didja start working for RIM? Geez I have the icon in the corner and still have sound profile as a hotspot only cause that corner is tight for my Fat finger. I guess if you really don't like elle there is always Zen

Ya know.. I liked this theme better with the white bars....can you put them back?
    Haha wow, you always get me LOL!

The profiles thing is getting to be a mess now! Everyone agreed (anyone who was active in the thread for the most part, and donors who wrote me back when I asked opinions) that for the Storm2, the best idea was to take out the profiles ICON from the home screen, but LEAVE the hot spot there, so that it could be accessed quickly, and the profile status could still be seen by just touching the corner.

On the Storm1, it remains as it always did, with the icon AND hot spot in the top left corner of the home screen.

You want white bars back eh? Hmm... I wish I knew some smart-aleck word phrase like you always use to throw back atchya!
    01-05-10 04:57 PM
    No doubt, that profiles icon is DEFINITELY there. And since it's part of the Storm2 suite (you DID download from the Storm2 links, correct? NOT Storm1?) it looks like a bug. I'll test now to be sure.... IS your WIFI stuff crazy then!?

Aug - per my direct email last night, I figured out the vmail icon issue I was having (to anyone curious - when you have the email notification in the bottom right on home screen (or top in applications screen) and it has 100 or more unread emails listed (i.e. the number is 3 digits) there is not room for the vmail icon so it is not there. I cleaned up my inbox on my BB and Viola - the vmail icon is there).

However, I did just completely remove all older versions of Elle (had to use BBSAK by the way to get rid of some of them) and just downloaded and installed the Classic S theme last night (donor version from latest donor email back right before Christmas).

I still have the profiles icon?? See attached screen shot. I have the glow icons and therefore believe I have the latest v5 version so trying to figure out why I have the profile icon when it sounds like you removed it.... I have the S2.
    01-05-10 04:58 PM
    Alright, something weird with your device again - beacause I just loaded up on my device, and there's NO profile icon... Try resetting the theme defaults maybe!?

If you still have a problem (if WIFI looks weird or anything) shoot me an email and I will make a "custom" theme (classic S, but with a different name for you to download only) that will install as a totally fresh one... as a last resort (pain to re-compile, upload new files to server, set up links, etc!).

Keep me posted... this is an odd thing. Makes me wonder if I should CHANGE all the "names" of the themes as I'm fixing the (rather extensive lit of ) bugs that we know about to avoid this issue with the older versions of the themes...
    01-05-10 05:04 PM
    Alright, something weird with your device again - beacause I just loaded up on my device, and there's NO profile icon... Try resetting the theme defaults maybe!?

If you still have a problem (if WIFI looks weird or anything) shoot me an email and I will make a "custom" theme (classic S, but with a different name for you to download only) that will install as a totally fresh one... as a last resort (pain to re-compile, upload new files to server, set up links, etc!).

Keep me posted... this is an odd thing. Makes me wonder if I should CHANGE all the "names" of the themes as I'm fixing the (rather extensive lit of ) bugs that we know about to avoid this issue with the older versions of the themes...
    Just emailed you - it might be a S1 vs. S2 version thing. I only got the S1 release donor email and wonder if I missed the one with the S2 (official S2) release links.... no need to recompile, we'll figure it out (and the wifi icon appears fine (it is to the left of the time so probably makes all other notifications not fit, but I don't have my wifi on much))
    01-05-10 05:36 PM

The profiles thing is getting to be a mess now! Everyone agreed (anyone who was active in the thread for the most part, and donors who wrote me back when I asked opinions) that for the Storm2, the best idea was to take out the profiles ICON from the home screen, but LEAVE the hot spot there, so that it could be accessed quickly, and the profile status could still be seen by just touching the corner.

On the Storm1, it remains as it always did, with the icon AND hot spot in the top left corner of the home screen.

You want white bars back eh? Hmm... I wish I knew some smart-aleck word phrase like you always use to throw back atchya!
    Aug - are absolutely correct! You gave us the option to weigh in early and we all voted and you did what the majority wanted with regards to the profile icon. If folks don't like it they should have been around for the vote, or deal with it the way you implemented it (which is great I think). Chin up my friend, your work is awesome!

BTW - any news on the job front?
    01-05-10 05:41 PM
    We are all good Auggie! Got the new email with S1 and S2 donor versions and the S2 performs just as advertised. I was able to delete the S1 version without issue as well so don't think you have to worry about the naming convention. I was testing out so many of your elle versions initially I think they just stepped on each other on my device and isn't a big deal to manage with BBSAK if needed.

Decided to stick with the Classic S at this point and just use a side key for QL. As the gallery used to say... 'you da man!'

Thanks again for an amazing theme!
    01-05-10 08:04 PM
    Just touch the top left corner, where the profiles hot spot is. It will immediately tell you what profile you're in (touch top left, and it will display on screen in text which profile is active). Hope that makes sense to ya...
    Oh ok. Thats cool enough. I was always clicking it to see what my profile was. Touching the corner will work just fine. Thanks for the info and keep up the good work.
    01-06-10 12:12 AM

Years of practice Aug...I major in Smarta$$.

C'mon didn't take that in school?

Samrta$$100, followed by Cynicism203, then The History of Apathy 300
    Not to worry though, You'll get plenty of this when you start working in industry. It's called ON THE JOB TRAINING.

Here's some required reading - DILBERT.
    01-06-10 08:04 AM
    We are all good Auggie! Got the new email with S1 and S2 donor versions and the S2 performs just as advertised. I was able to delete the S1 version without issue as well so don't think you have to worry about the naming convention. I was testing out so many of your elle versions initially I think they just stepped on each other on my device and isn't a big deal to manage with BBSAK if needed.

Decided to stick with the Classic S at this point and just use a side key for QL. As the gallery used to say... 'you da man!'

Thanks again for an amazing theme!
    Haha thanks man, glad it's all working now - again, sorry about the mix up with the S2 links initially! Glad it's good to go now though!

PS - The job front looks good, hopefully, trying to be optimistic, but it's still a waiting game at this point... but from what I've heard, things went well!
    01-06-10 10:12 AM
    Oh ok. Thats cool enough. I was always clicking it to see what my profile was. Touching the corner will work just fine. Thanks for the info and keep up the good work.
    Glad it makes sense and will work out for ya I realize it's NOT an "ideal" situation - but it was the best work around we could come up with in making this original Storm1 theme compatible for the Storm2. It's just one of those things where the originally native device was the Storm1, and sacrifices had to be made in the Storm2 versions to make it Storm2 compatible.

Thanks for being flexible
    01-06-10 10:14 AM
    Years of practice Aug...I major in Smarta$$.

C'mon didn't take that in school?

Samrta$$100, followed by Cynicism203, then The History of Apathy 300
    Not to worry though, You'll get plenty of this when you start working in industry. It's called ON THE JOB TRAINING.

Here's some required reading - DILBERT.
    Lol, I love it. I'll look into scheduling those for next quarter
    01-06-10 10:15 AM
    Just wanted to give an update to everyone! I am slowly working on the bugs reported in the beta... I had forgotten how much harder it is to get time when classes are in session. The only good thing is that I don't have soccer this quarter, so I have a LITTLE bit of time to work on the files.

I've got a list of a bunch of bugs that need fixed, and I'm slowly doing them, one at a time across all of the versions. I don't want to give false hope though, it's really taking a while and my progress is slow now that classes are in session again. I'm trying though!

Thanks to everyone for being patient as always
    01-16-10 05:49 PM
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay in my posts - as you know, I've been back in classes (classes are in session again), and that means I've been insanely busy. I'm a studier... what can I say.

Anyway, I haven't been working on the theme for a while, I've been focusing on my courses (taking a break from PHP right now to post this!). It's not dead, but consider it "dormant" for right now. I'm not trying to blow you guys off or anything, it's just that I've got to keep school as a priority, and I honestly spend all my free time studying.

If anyone has donated and not gotten the download links, PLEASE send me an email (to the address you donated to through paypal) with your name, email address you donated from, and transaction ID. I'm trying to respond as any donations come through, and it hasn't been too tough to do that, but I did have one come through that I couldn't email, because it said the email address was out of service.

Anyway, that's the status right now, thanks for everyone's patience with this!

-Auggie
    02-09-10 10:12 PM
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay in my posts - as you know, I've been back in classes (classes are in session again), and that means I've been insanely busy. I'm a studier... what can I say.

Anyway, I haven't been working on the theme for a while, I've been focusing on my courses (taking a break from PHP right now to post this!). It's not dead, but consider it "dormant" for right now. I'm not trying to blow you guys off or anything, it's just that I've got to keep school as a priority, and I honestly spend all my free time studying.

If anyone has donated and not gotten the download links, PLEASE send me an email (to the address you donated to through paypal) with your name, email address you donated from, and transaction ID. I'm trying to respond as any donations come through, and it hasn't been too tough to do that, but I did have one come through that I couldn't email, because it said the email address was out of service.

-Auggie
    This thread is really quiet, but I think were all busy digging out of 2 feet of snow or working...
    02-10-10 08:31 AM
    Hey everyone,

-Auggie
    I think that was me...without the working email to send links to, sorry just sent you and email.
    02-10-10 12:12 PM
    Just about to donate for this theme and had a couple questions. Will my donation give me access to all themes? Meaning can I switch back and forth and try the different versions or am I donating to pick ONE of the OS 5.0 compatible themes?? And where can I find a list of the bugs that still need to be worked out?

Also, I assume the wallpaper/image can be changed without any issues?

Thanks
    Last edited by jayhawkfan18; 02-12-10 at 10:35 AM.
    02-12-10 09:21 AM
    Just about to donate for this theme and had a couple questions. Will my donation give me access to all themes? Meaning can I switch back and forth and try the different versions or am I donating to pick ONE of the OS 5.0 compatible themes?? And where can I find a list of the bugs that still need to be worked out?

Thanks
    When you donate, you get a download page with links to ALL of the different versions.
    02-12-10 01:27 PM

Thanks
    Yup, you get all the theme versions

You actually gave me a good idea - with some PHP, I can make a pretty basic web page to allow for comments/reviews, suggestions, and bug reports to be submitted easily and viewable to all. I'll work on that sometime this week (if I get the chance...). That should be pretty easy to whip together!
    02-13-10 09:29 PM
    With the .497 hybrid. The theme works as it should again. No more wallpaper being your menu background. Go figure, but I'm happy
    02-17-10 04:05 PM
1,521 ... 58596061
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD