View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    That will work for me!

As far as all the different versions, I think you could eliminate a few that can basically be reproduced other ways. For example you could possibly eliminate the dedicated QL versions since you can basically do the same thing with the other versions you already have, just a thought!
    Yeah, I know, it's been suggested a few times - but met with reasonable resistance. And I hate to drop support for any features users like.

I use a QL version myself, and I definitely like not having to put that (ugly) QL icon in my app list screen, to be honest. The users who commented on that have the same concerns, so I'll keep it.

I thought about cutting the "S" versions for separate inboxes, but I think I'll try to keep those too. Not something I use myself, but I think some people might; those versions only arose because of popular demand in the first place, so SOMEBODY must use em
    12-14-09 11:40 AM
    I know you want to try to keep everybody happy and I respect that idea, but I think for your own sanity you may have to reconsider. Also if people want something special or different than a basic version I think they should pay you for it! You have worked your *** off on these themes and you should be compensated!
    12-14-09 12:16 PM
    Ah Mike, all too fun! I mean it's so frustrating... Yet so satisfying at times too.

What do you think, S2 users, could you survive with WIFI instead of profiles icon as suggested by cbresciani?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I hardly use my Wifi to be honest and probably use my profiles more (i.e. stepping into meetings want to make it it on vibrate only, etc), but I really like the theme so would be happy either way. A shortcut key (side button), a QL link or hotspot would all work for me to bring up my profiles in one touch so not big deal.

To be honest, on my S2 I don't really see too many issues with the theme as is. The white bars are fixed so easily that they don't bug me and they stay away until a reboot which is not that often anyway.

Keep up the great work Aug!
    12-14-09 01:05 PM
    I hardly use my Wifi to be honest and probably use my profiles more (i.e. stepping into meetings want to make it it on vibrate only, etc), but I really like the theme so would be happy either way. A shortcut key (side button), a QL link or hotspot would all work for me to bring up my profiles in one touch so not big deal.

To be honest, on my S2 I don't really see too many issues with the theme as is. The white bars are fixed so easily that they don't bug me and they stay away until a reboot which is not that often anyway.

Keep up the great work Aug!
    How do you fix the white bars on a Storm2?
    12-14-09 01:09 PM
    What do you think, S2 users, could you survive with WIFI instead of profiles icon as suggested by cbresciani?
    I don't see a problem with this at all, as long as the hotspot is there. =)
    12-14-09 02:29 PM
    How do you fix the white bars on a Storm2?
    Not sure about on S2, but on S1 just change theme layout to anything other than default, save. Then change it back to the default, save, and you're good to go.

Must be done each reboot.

Not sure if it's the same on S2...
    12-14-09 02:38 PM
    Ah Mike, all too fun! I mean it's so frustrating... Yet so satisfying at times too.

Absolutely, I rarely remove my phone from the vibrate profile.
    12-14-09 02:59 PM
    That works on the Storm but I haven't figured out how to do it on the Storm2. The theme screen options are totally different on the S2.

12-14-09 03:02 PM

That would be great. I rarely change profiles anyway so it's not that much of a problem for me. I'd love to be able to see wifi status, and still click there to open profiles and change them if needed...even if that's not there I can put profiles on one of the side "easy" keys or something
    12-14-09 04:01 PM
    That works on the Storm but I haven't figured out how to do it on the Storm2. The theme screen options are totally different on the S2.

While looking at the normal 'home' screen in portrait mode, rotate to view it in landscape (your apps should now appear). Hit the BB key and go to options. From there you can select the 'Today' theme, save, exit out to home screen and then do the same thing and set it back to '2 rows'. That fixes the white bars issue.
    12-14-09 05:17 PM
    While looking at the normal 'home' screen in portrait mode, rotate to view it in landscape (your apps should now appear). Hit the BB key and go to options. From there you can select the 'Today' theme, save, exit out to home screen and then do the same thing and set it back to '2 rows'. That fixes the white bars issue.
    Hmmm... this is definitely not working for me! Now when I download elle and set it as the current theme, I end up getting the default Zen home screen no matter what!
    12-14-09 06:04 PM
    Fantastic theme. I cannot stress this enough. If I had a credit card, I would be donating for sure (hopefully I get one soon). Cheers!
    12-14-09 06:35 PM
    Would you slide the battery meter over to left alignment and place the WIFI icon to the right of that?
    12-14-09 07:31 PM
    I'll just be happy to see the white bars go away...
    12-14-09 08:24 PM

If it fixes the dial pad issue then sure... I haven't read this thread lately so not sure if that is what it fixes, but surely seems like it.

I do change my profiles a lot as going to work means vibrate and coming out means normal and this is like 10 times a day lol.

But I wouldn't mind if it fixes the dial pad issue - it's just something I can't stand, having the dial pad cut off - we spoke on this already haha.
    12-14-09 10:58 PM
    ITF - No worries, white bars are gone for 100% sure

S2 users - looks like I'll be doing S2 versions for ya. Going to remove the Profiles icon, shift battery left, and make room for the black and white WIFI icon. WIFI strength indicator will likely NOT be there, so be prepared for that.

The HOTSPOT for profiles will remain, same place, same functionality. So, you won't SEE the current profile icon like you currently do.... but it WILL show your current profile if you just TOUCH in that hot spot, and you'll be able to quickly change it by CLICKING that hot spot. I hope that's agreeable for S2 users

S1 users will still have the good old profiles icon, as there is (obviously) no WIFI icon to worry about

Big interview coming up on Wednesday (first interview at a *real* job), so I'm focusing on that for now until Thursday. Cross your fingers for me lol (seriously, if you know anyone at A&F Corporate in IT, PM me!), and then hopefully I'll get some strong theme progress this weekend!
    12-15-09 12:01 AM
    Nice to hear the progress on the theme, even better news concerning the job. You've given so much to the community for free, your good fortune is more than definite. You'll do just fine, good luck.
    12-15-09 12:06 AM
    Thanks, Aug! Loving the theme without the white bars! The WiFi icons are still messed up, because I'm running it on the S2, but I would rather have the messed up WiFi icons and keep my profile icon, anyway.

Good luck on your job interview, and I will certainly say a prayer for you! Let us all know how it goes.
    12-15-09 12:13 AM
    Hey Aug, good luck on the interview!
    12-15-09 09:05 AM
    Good luck on the interview!
    12-15-09 12:18 PM
    Aug,

Good luck with the interview! Is that company local to you?
    Next question, do you have a cyber security background?

Last (and final) question did you issue elle with the white bars removed?
    I saw a posting on the last page that made me think.

I'm stuck working evening shift on standby during a major outage so I'm watching this thread a lot. Email me if you like.

Mike
    12-15-09 04:34 PM
    Hey Mike!

No updates released yet - that post confused me too lol. Still shooting for around Xmas, but you're a donor so you'll get the email

A&F has their home office local to me, so I'm excited about that. I don't have any background in cyber security though, why do you ask? I'm a quick learner!

Have fun on your shift haha, I am actually just getting home, and totally exhausted, so I'm going to try to take a nap before my 9 PM game.

12-15-09 05:58 PM
    Hey Mike!

No updates released yet - that post confused me too lol. Still shooting for around Xmas, but you're a donor so you'll get the email

A&F has their home office local to me, so I'm excited about that. I don't have any background in cyber security though, why do you ask? I'm a quick learner!

Have fun on your shift haha, I am actually just getting home, and totally exhausted, so I'm going to try to take a nap before my 9 PM game.

Cyber Security in IT is a huge deal right now...Lot's of places hiring those kind of people. NSA, CIA, FBI, Nuclear Industry..... Lots of IT folks minor in it. That's why I asked.

Oh yeah....you'll probably be home from the game before I get home from work!
    Last edited by ITF36059; 12-15-09 at 06:45 PM.
    12-15-09 06:41 PM
    Hmmm... this is definitely not working for me! Now when I download elle and set it as the current theme, I end up getting the default Zen home screen no matter what!
    Sorry to hear that. I have seen other posts with similar issues. See if you can find those to find solution. Maybe remove elle, bat pull and reinstall?? I never had an issue so can't help further. Good luck.

12-15-09 10:23 PM
    Good luck Aug! If your work ethic is half that of your theme work you'll do just fine

12-15-09 10:29 PM
1,521 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD