View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
02-17-11 11:18 AM
1,521 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    I think the problem he is having is getting the WIFI icon to fit at the top of the home screen. There is really no space for it without it cutting something else off, and if he puts it below one of the other symbols on the home screen then the dial pad will get cut off on the phone screen.
    x100000, completely true, hit the nail right on the head.
    12-12-09 05:08 PM
    You'll be getting my dead presidents once you finish this theme,..so hurry
    Thanks I am trying my best! Been putting in a lot of hours again today, but yesterday was a much better day than today. I'm back to getting errors at export, and my today info won't show when I DO get exported

Going to scrap again and go back to square 1 possibly.
    12-12-09 05:09 PM

Breakthrough, I think.

Things seem to be going well again, only problem is, I don't think I can use a landscape home screen (I had wanted to enable a horizontal/landscape mode where the elle functionality was there, a very nice touch...), but I don't think I'll be able to - for some reason, each time I do that, it breaks the today feature on both the landscape AND portrait (normal) screens. I'll keep playing with it though.

But, I do have a dev. theme running right now, and while it's nowhere near perfect, I don't see any unfixable "deal breakers" right now. Cross your fingers with me - I think we may have jumped all the hurdles....
    12-12-09 06:26 PM
    Fingers crossed...
    12-12-09 06:34 PM
    Im hoping you got it!! This is with out a question one of the best arround. Thats why I contributed my friend!!

Breakthrough, I think.

Things seem to be going well again, only problem is, I don't think I can use a landscape home screen (I had wanted to enable a horizontal/landscape mode where the elle functionality was there, a very nice touch...), but I don't think I'll be able to - for some reason, each time I do that, it breaks the today feature on both the landscape AND portrait (normal) screens. I'll keep playing with it though.

But, I do have a dev. theme running right now, and while it's nowhere near perfect, I don't see any unfixable "deal breakers" right now. Cross your fingers with me - I think we may have jumped all the hurdles....
    12-12-09 06:40 PM
    It's a definite no-go on the landscape home screen. Bummer. Incredibly buggy from RIM, as usual. I had hope of getting around it, but I don't think I'll be able to. Unfortunately, the stuff elle does (in the SVG files) is too complicated for any possible fixes. There are some threads out there with info, but the general consensus is that we're SOL until RIM fixes it.

So, hey, not a huge deal, I guess. We'll still have all the old functionality of elle that we had in 4.7
    12-12-09 08:14 PM
    As long as we 5.0 S2 users don't have the white bars in landscape...everything else can wait.
    12-12-09 08:28 PM
    It's a definite no-go on the landscape home screen. Bummer. Incredibly buggy from RIM, as usual. I had hope of getting around it, but I don't think I'll be able to. Unfortunately, the stuff elle does (in the SVG files) is too complicated for any possible fixes. There are some threads out there with info, but the general consensus is that we're SOL until RIM fixes it.

So, hey, not a huge deal, I guess. We'll still have all the old functionality of elle that we had in 4.7
    this might sound a bit crazy, but see if you can tell if the SVG file in landscape is actually in portrait. this was a flaw discovered in the software i think but i have had no one else confirm it.
    12-12-09 08:42 PM
    Those will be gone Exporting a dev testing version RIGHT now, and hoping it works. Got to pick the gf up from work in a moment, then I'm done for the night. Head is pounding from looking at the comp screen all day.

Hopefully I'll be happy with this dev version and know what (if anything) needs to change by the time I get up and start working tomorrow. Should make tomorrow's work much more directed, speeding the process up.

Haven't been able to hide WIFI icon....
    12-12-09 08:42 PM
    Doesn't sound crazy, and I can see why you're saying that. Mine is more the opposite though - the landscape SVG carries over to portrait.

My landscape SVG seems lined up correctly though.

Either way, it's a no-go because it kills today info
    12-12-09 08:44 PM
    stupid RIM....im a sucker though cause i get another storm on the way
    12-12-09 09:16 PM
    stupid RIM....im a sucker though cause i get another storm on the way
    Getting the S2 now?
    12-12-09 09:38 PM
    Getting the S2 now?
    it will be here tuesday
    12-12-09 09:45 PM
    it will be here tuesday
    You're gonna love it, it totally proves the theory that the S1 was a rush job.
    12-12-09 10:27 PM
    Well, I'm hoping I can stop the network name from even showing up - if I can't do that, we're in trouble. But what I was talking about in that post was the WIFI icon. The thing you want to see. I'm sorry, but there's just no room for it. I can't squeeze it in that top banner (which is restricted in height, or else we get dial pad cut off). So, it pretty much has to lay on top of something else. Best I can do is let it lay on top of something else so it's overlapping, but try to make it transparent, so we don't see it.

Sorry
    I know this would change the look of the original elle theme a little bit, but what if you were to take the sound profile icon out of the top banner, slide the battery icon over to the left edge and place the WIFI icon next to the battery symbol?

Personally I would rather see the sound profile icon gone than the WIFI icon. I think it would even balance out the top banner a little bit more, and I think Storm2 users will be all over this theme if the WIFI symbol stays, maybe just a Storm2 version?
    Last edited by cbresciani; 12-13-09 at 11:28 AM.
    12-13-09 11:16 AM
    Those will be gone Exporting a dev testing version RIGHT now, and hoping it works. Got to pick the gf up from work in a moment, then I'm done for the night. Head is pounding from looking at the comp screen all day.

Hopefully I'll be happy with this dev version and know what (if anything) needs to change by the time I get up and start working tomorrow. Should make tomorrow's work much more directed, speeding the process up.

Haven't been able to hide WIFI icon....
    Isn't software development fun???
    12-13-09 01:11 PM
    I know this would change the look of the original elle theme a little bit, but what if you were to take the sound profile icon out of the top banner, slide the battery icon over to the left edge and place the WIFI icon next to the battery symbol?

Personally I would rather see the sound profile icon gone than the WIFI icon. I think it would even balance out the top banner a little bit more, and I think Storm2 users will be all over this theme if the WIFI symbol stays, maybe just a Storm2 version?
    :/ Not an ideal solution for me... but a possibility, I guess. What a PITA. I really hate getting rid of that prof icon, because it would annoy me to not ever know which profile is active on my device by just looking.

Why does RIM fail at developing software for developers?

Who knows... I've been known to be "obsessive" about little details... maybe I will expand from 9 to 18 versions. 9 for the S1 with profiles icon, and 9 for S2 with WIFI icon.

No promises, but seems like it may be the best (only?) solution currently that would please all (most).

I'll keep you guys updated. I ran the dev version all night and today, and I'm happy with it, I think. I forgot to mention that I REMOVED the selected icon underline in the app list screen. Too redundant with glow icons, and just wasn't my style.

Dev version of the theme is 430 kb in size.
    12-13-09 10:58 PM
    Well the S2 user are on board and waiting, I know this will be awesome on the 9550.
    12-13-09 11:03 PM
    Ah Mike, all too fun! I mean it's so frustrating... Yet so satisfying at times too.

What do you think, S2 users, could you survive with WIFI instead of profiles icon as suggested by cbresciani?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 11:12 PM
    Ah Mike, all too fun! I mean it's so frustrating... Yet so satisfying at times too.

What do you think, S2 users, could you survive with WIFI instead of profiles icon as suggested by cbresciani?

I only set my profile one of two ways (silent/vibrate) and it's not that often that I change profiles, so I don't mind pulling up the menu to get to them.
    12-13-09 11:15 PM
    I should add, I'd leave the hot spot for profiles - so you could still change quickly, you just wouldn't have an on screen display of it.

Remember, this is still hypothetical.

12-13-09 11:17 PM
    I should add, I'd leave the hot spot for profiles - so you could still change quickly, you just wouldn't have an on screen display of it.

Remember, this is still hypothetical.

Even better if at all possible, I'm telling you now...don't put too much stress into this. You are one of a few developers that people appreciate the work of.
    12-13-09 11:23 PM
    ^^^^^^ what that guy said. and lots of people arent sure about the landscape screen either, so i wouldnt stress over that not working. looking foreward to the updated version!
    12-14-09 02:36 AM
    Even better if at all possible, I'm telling you now...don't put too much stress into this. You are one of a few developers that people appreciate the work of.
    That will work for me!

As far as all the different versions, I think you could eliminate a few that can basically be reproduced other ways. For example you could possibly eliminate the dedicated QL versions since you can basically do the same thing with the other versions you already have, just a thought!
    Last edited by cbresciani; 12-14-09 at 11:29 AM.
    12-14-09 11:25 AM
    ^^^^^^ what that guy said. and lots of people arent sure about the landscape screen either, so i wouldnt stress over that not working. looking foreward to the updated version!
    Glad to hear that, cuz landscape screen is definitely OUT. Girlfriend didn't like it either, maybe I'm one of the few who would. Oh well Makes my job easier!
    12-14-09 11:38 AM
1,521 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD