View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
02-17-11 11:18 AM
1,521 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    Warning: The following resources could not be included in the theme for reasons explained below:
    homescreen.svg

Warnings:
    homescreen.svg: Failed to compile SVG file.

Errors in homescreen.svg:
    Error: The element <set> named "$unnamed$" has a reference to "todaytextFocus255" which is not found.
    Error: The element <set> named "$unnamed$" has a reference to "todaytextFocus255" which is not found.

Thoughts, anyone?
    12-11-09 11:56 AM
    That's just weird, seven errors with the exact same name. How are you supposed to figure that out???
    12-11-09 11:59 AM
    I know, right? Got to love RIM and their great development software.

Anyway, good news. Padgoi has given me great help, and I was finally able to export! Still some things to touch up (as you all know!), but this is the most progress I've been able to make yet.

What, like a month of development time on my side, and getting nowhere... Padgoi takes 30 seconds to answer my call for help, and comes through.

It's great to be humbled sometimes.

Anyone who is waiting for this 5.0 release really ought to seek out Padgoi and say thanks. Seriously And I've offered access to all donor versions of the theme suite to Padgoi for the help. I don't think I've ever given a non-donor the versions before, and I'm not making a habit of it, but the help is really that appreciated, and it's the only way I'm able to move forward.

So, today has been a long frustrating day (this month has, really), but a great step forward was made.

Hopefully, it will just be the tedious changes that must be made now.
    12-11-09 12:36 PM
    Congrats. I'm glad you're seeing some progress. It is nice to see developers help one another out in these situations.
    12-11-09 12:41 PM
    Congrats. I'm glad you're seeing some progress. It is nice to see developers help one another out in these situations.
    No joke, so nice. I'm giddy like a 6 year old at Christmas. This is awesome!
    12-11-09 12:44 PM
    No joke, so nice. I'm giddy like a 6 year old at Christmas. This is awesome!
    Once more people see today's posts, more people will feel like a 6 year old at Christmas! Just a matter of time!
    12-11-09 12:51 PM
    Once more people see today's posts, more people will feel like a 6 year old at Christmas! Just a matter of time!
    LOL well I'm glad it's not just me!

Still though, guys, I really am worried about the S2/WIFI issue. I don't know how it's going to work out. I'm playing with stuff, but mainly focused on other things right now. I just don't see a lot of (any?) options...
    12-11-09 12:53 PM
    LOL well I'm glad it's not just me!

Still though, guys, I really am worried about the S2/WIFI issue. I don't know how it's going to work out. I'm playing with stuff, but mainly focused on other things right now. I just don't see a lot of (any?) options...
    Well being a S2 owner I can honestly say that as long as I know that I cut it on I don't really have the need to see it.
    12-11-09 01:03 PM
    Well being a S2 owner I can honestly say that as long as I know that I cut it on I don't really have the need to see it.
    I don't need to see the network name either.
    12-11-09 01:54 PM
    I don't need to see the network name either.
    That's two of us...trumps everybody!!!
    12-11-09 01:59 PM
    I would agree! I don't mind not seeing it, I just don't want to see it cut off if it is showing!
    12-11-09 03:27 PM
    Haha yeah, so here is my new idea...

I can't REMOVE the WIFI icon... but I can make it transparent. I can edit the "icon set" it pulls from so that there is nothing there but transparent stuff. That's my next shot.

BUT, before I get there, I have to work on this damn today info stuff. For some reason, none of the today info (calendar, emails) comes up....
    12-11-09 03:36 PM
    I don't like today info in themes, but that's just me. I know plenty of people need it.
    12-11-09 03:38 PM
    im ok with the transparent wifi stuff, but i like the today. 1 thing i don't like is the battery meter with the battery % for the donated people themes. just my opinion.
    12-11-09 07:58 PM
    Here's some info for everyone. Probably more valuable for donors.

5.0 versions should include the following features:
    HTTSC - please don't discuss this. Donors know what it is (from my email), but please keep it private... for a short bit longer

"Normal" battery icon - no percentage

"Glow" styled icons

10 versions of the theme

Hidden today style (assuming I get that working again...)

ZERO dial-pad cut off

Hidden WIFI symbol. Always hidden.

Hopefully portrait AND landscape screens, both fully "elle" functional. Experienced some weird glitches with that in my dev version of elle tonight, but I have some ideas to fix it.

Ok, if there are questions about what will or won't be in the theme, let me know! I'll do my best to answer - please use this forum, it's much easier than PM's or emails

Also keep in mind - these are my current PLANS for the theme based on what I've seen thus far, and the (great) ideas that came to me today Things might change, for better or for worse.

Just an update!
    12-11-09 09:04 PM
    ty good work
    12-12-09 01:09 AM
    Hey Aug, are you talking about making the WIFI icon transparent or the network name transparent? I'm not concerned at all about the network name, the icon would be nice to keep though for the transition from gray to white. Thoughts anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 09:13 AM

HTTSC - please don't discuss this. Donors know what it is (from my email), but please keep it private... for a short bit longer

"Glow" styled icons

10 versions of the theme

ZERO dial-pad cut off

Hopefully portrait AND landscape screens, both fully "elle" functional. Experienced some weird glitches with that in my dev version of elle tonight, but I have some ideas to fix it.

Ok, if there are questions about what will or won't be in the theme, let me know! I'll do my best to answer - please use this forum, it's much easier than PM's or emails

Also keep in mind - these are my current PLANS for the theme based on what I've seen thus far, and the (great) ideas that came to me today Things might change, for better or for worse.

Just an update!
    Great News! Can't wait for it :-D
    12-12-09 09:42 AM
    Good question Kid, same thoughts myself. I think he's talking about the actual WIFI symbol if I'm reading it right and no network name at all.
    Last edited by cbresciani; 12-12-09 at 09:45 AM.
    12-12-09 09:43 AM
    I agree that it would be nice to have the wifi icon itself, but as far as the network name is concerned...it really doesn't matter with this theme.
    12-12-09 09:45 AM
    Yea, the way I read it sounded like the WIFI icon would not show either. That would be a bummer. Hope you can fit it somewhere, its not that big!

Glad to see you're making progress though.

12-12-09 09:49 AM
    I believe there's room for the icon, but as far as the name I'd like to have that left out as well.
    Last edited by shaydlife; 12-12-09 at 10:07 AM.
    12-12-09 10:03 AM
    I think the problem he is having is getting the WIFI icon to fit at the top of the home screen. There is really no space for it without it cutting something else off, and if he puts it below one of the other symbols on the home screen then the dial pad will get cut off on the phone screen.
    12-12-09 10:08 AM

"Glow" styled icons

10 versions of the theme

ZERO dial-pad cut off

Just an update!
    You'll be getting my dead presidents once you finish this theme,..so hurry
    12-12-09 04:47 PM
    Hey Aug, are you talking about making the WIFI icon transparent or the network name transparent? I'm not concerned at all about the network name, the icon would be nice to keep though for the transition from gray to white. Thoughts anyone?

Well, I'm hoping I can stop the network name from even showing up - if I can't do that, we're in trouble. But what I was talking about in that post was the WIFI icon. The thing you want to see. I'm sorry, but there's just no room for it. I can't squeeze it in that top banner (which is restricted in height, or else we get dial pad cut off). So, it pretty much has to lay on top of something else. Best I can do is let it lay on top of something else so it's overlapping, but try to make it transparent, so we don't see it.

Sorry
    12-12-09 05:07 PM
1,521 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD