View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    That's it
    Ok..What is the point of that? Just wondering...
    11-24-09 01:46 PM
    was this updated yesterday? i didn't receive an e-mail
    11-24-09 01:53 PM
    Ive been trying to get this Theme but keep getting errors over OTR it says 907 error
    the theme is WBQLMB although I have tried the other ones to and get the same thing
    the error is 907 invaild COD file not found

Ok My bad I got it working now
    THanks T
    Last edited by tedhowell; 11-24-09 at 03:47 PM.
    11-24-09 03:37 PM
    Ok..What is the point of that? Just wondering...
    Just a cool, fun thing And I guess helps spread the word of the theme - anyone who scans it comes here
    11-24-09 05:33 PM
    was this updated yesterday? i didn't receive an e-mail
    Nope, last update was a while back, you're up to date, no worries. I was just double checking I didn't miss anyone who donated any time recently. Last update was a while ago though.
    11-24-09 05:34 PM
    Ive been trying to get this Theme but keep getting errors over OTR it says 907 error
    the theme is WBQLMB although I have tried the other ones to and get the same thing
    the error is 907 invaild COD file not found

Ok My bad I got it working now
    THanks T
    Glad you got it workin'! Out of curiosity, what'd you have to do to get it goin?
    11-24-09 05:36 PM
    Just a cool, fun thing And I guess helps spread the word of the theme - anyone who scans it comes here
    Doh, I get it now.....
    11-24-09 05:40 PM
    Aug, when is this going to be 5.0 compliant?
    11-24-09 05:45 PM
    Aug, when is this going to be 5.0 compliant?
    That's the golden question, isn't it?

Not sure, working in Plazmic with a buddy right now, just trying to figure some stuff out together, and we're both AT THIS MOMENT cussing out computer out, because it's pissing us off so much.

When upgrading from the 4.7 to 5.0, it does a LOT of the stuff automatically for ya - which is so nice! But, some of the *really* important stuff totally breaks. No clue why, trying to fix it, but there are some serious issues right now. Going to be a while Definitely shooting for BEFORE break is over
    11-24-09 05:49 PM
    That's the golden question, isn't it?

Not sure, working in Plazmic with a buddy right now, just trying to figure some stuff out together, and we're both AT THIS MOMENT cussing out computer out, because it's pissing us off so much.

When upgrading from the 4.7 to 5.0, it does a LOT of the stuff automatically for ya - which is so nice! But, some of the *really* important stuff totally breaks. No clue why, trying to fix it, but there are some serious issues right now. Going to be a while Definitely shooting for BEFORE break is over
    Ain't nothing a couple of beers can't fix...
    11-24-09 06:00 PM
    Aug,

Have you tried the .328/351 Hydrid yet? I'm experiencing an awful memory leak that is somehow tied to bluetooth and placing phone calls. I'm getting ready to make the jump.

Mike
    11-29-09 07:48 PM
    Hey everyone!

Special thanks to smurfly29 - I will get you an email after work today, around 4 or 5 pm my time

Mike - I haven't tried the hybrid yet - I may though! Haven't had too much time to play with my BB, but hoping to this week on my hours after work. Finals are officially DONE and while I do have hours at work, it's just 30 should I figure I should get AT LEAST 10 hours per week into the theme

Anybody know if I'm able to add a poll to this thread?
    11-30-09 08:46 AM
    very nice, but do you have any plans or ETA for v5.0/Storm2 support (without white bars)?
    11-30-09 09:16 AM
    very nice, but do you have any plans or ETA for v5.0/Storm2 support (without white bars)?
    Hi Noah,

Thanks for the compliment!

There is some talk about the 5.0 update in the past few pages of this thread. Basically, school just got out for me, so I'm planning on working on it over break (now). At work right now at a job where I can't get a ton of computer time, but I had enough to check in and post this. Theme work will be AFTER my job hours.

No official ETA, but I'd really love to have this done by Xmas. Cross your fingers, send good karma my way, and hope that the new Plazmic starts liking my older theme files better...

In the mean time, everyone check out the POLL ON THE FIRST PAGE and be sure to vote. I'll try to prioritize my work towards the themes that have the highest demands, and release them as they're ready... possibly - not 100% sure if I'll just do a bulk release (much easier to distribute), or release one at a time, but either way, I figure the poll is fun and can't hurt!
    11-30-09 01:52 PM
    Can't wait for the 5.0 version.
    11-30-09 02:06 PM
    Not sure if anyone else has brought this up but not only does the WIFI symbol need to be updated, but the WIFI network name will need a space somewhere on the home screen to be displayed. Just wanted to give you (Aug) a heads up on this.

Can't wait for the release!
    11-30-09 02:21 PM
    Got my vote in!

Aug,

I reloaded .328 about 7pm last nite and I'm taking baby steps with this thing.
    So far so good. 0.5 MB in 20 hours. It'grabbed a chunk of memory a little while ago when I placed a phone call. Hey, there's a phone in this thing!
    waiting for MB to update it's log and see how much.

Mike
    11-30-09 03:57 PM
    Really nice theme. Voted for classic
    11-30-09 08:29 PM
    That would be sick to have an update by X-mas, prolly the best present ever! I'm so tired of using the stock Zen theme, can't find anything that compares to Elle. Best theme around, hands down!
    11-30-09 08:45 PM
    I voted classic. No need to update the weather/meterberry versions until rim releases an OS update for the whole updating icons on the home screen thing. Great theme btw.
    12-01-09 05:58 PM
    I voted classic. No need to update the weather/meterberry versions until rim releases an OS update for the whole updating icons on the home screen thing. Great theme btw.
    um storm 1 OS work just fine so yes they do need updated
    12-01-09 06:02 PM
    um storm 1 OS work just fine so yes they do need updated
    Lol, guess I'm a storm 9530 snob. Wish I had a fully functional OS...
    12-01-09 06:15 PM
    Not sure if anyone else has brought this up but not only does the WIFI symbol need to be updated, but the WIFI network name will need a space somewhere on the home screen to be displayed. Just wanted to give you (Aug) a heads up on this.

Can't wait for the release!
    This is why you're such a valuable beta tester You guys are the best! Having you all help me test is seriously such a help. I would never have known this issue, until release time, and it would annoyed the heck out of me to re-do it!

Any chance you want to email me some screen shots of the issue so I can see exactly what it is?

Actually, even better, just mail me your Storm2 that way I can do first-hand tests I'll mail you my Storm1 so you're not without a BB. Good deal!

Seriously though, I know your normally my screen shot guy, can you hook me up again!?
    12-02-09 09:31 AM
    Got my vote in!

Aug,

I reloaded .328 about 7pm last nite and I'm taking baby steps with this thing.
    So far so good. 0.5 MB in 20 hours. It'grabbed a chunk of memory a little while ago when I placed a phone call. Hey, there's a phone in this thing!
    waiting for MB to update it's log and see how much.

Mike
    LOL, it's amazing how little I actually use the PHONE part of the device! Most of my time is spend messaging in some form!

Anyway, I really need to get on that OS. My OS has a leak in it, and I know it's because I was lazy and just restored all of my data, which always gives me leaks. One day I'll find the time......
    12-02-09 09:32 AM
    Really nice theme. Voted for classic
    Thanks! It looks like Classic has the slight advantage, it's really interesting for me to see which theme gets the most use!
    12-02-09 09:33 AM
1,521 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD