View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
02-17-11 11:18 AM
1,521 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    this theme leaked very badly on .323. Had to put a different theme on my phone
    10-22-09 06:45 PM
    Bummer... I got the white bars on the edges as well, even after the fix of the above post, I still got them every once in a while. So until Plazmic 5.0 gets released, I think I am gonna stick to the OS rather than the theme. Sorry aug but until we can get an update on the builder I am gonna stick it out with Zen...

Sorry for any mis-leadings my posts I had regarding the theme working on the new OS I will edit my previous posts.
    10-23-09 01:57 AM
    I changed the theme prefs to Today, then 2 Rows, and BeWeather has updated on the home screen and the white bars are gone.

However, I checked to see if BeWeather's icon was truly fixed by changing the location and found that it kept the previous location's conditions. I assume that means that when the current location's conditions change, the icon won't. After a battery pull the icon was back to the umbrella and the white bars were back, but the fix corrected this again.

This worked for both the free version and the donate version.
    10-24-09 12:22 AM
    Seems like the new .328 official release fixed the white banding issue in landscape mode. At least on my WBMBT Beta theme release. Don't know about the date, we'll see on Wednesday. Really like this release and best of all :|: elle :|: works!
    Last edited by cbresciani; 10-26-09 at 10:06 PM.
    10-26-09 10:03 PM
    Seems like the new .328 official release fixed the white banding issue in landscape mode. At least on my WBMBT Beta theme release. Don't know about the date, we'll see on Wednesday. Really like this release and best of all :|: elle :|: works!

Elle doesn't work for me in .328. Still have the bars in landscape. All of my Elle themes (4) have a "pending" status. Not sure what pending means... Now if Auggie would just drop out of college, sell the dogs, and ditch the GF, we could get elle compiled for 5.0!!

Just kiddin Aug, hope all is well.

Mike
    10-27-09 07:49 AM
    BEST
    THEME
    EVER
    !!!

Thanks a ton. The white bars are gone after the layout fix. Weatherbug works well, and I went and got QuickLaunch. LOVE IT! BTW, I'm running official .328.
    10-27-09 12:56 PM
    is the theme down?
    jad give 907 error. i really want this theme
    10-28-09 08:47 AM
    looking for WBQL.
    storm on official release .328. any help is appreciated
    10-28-09 09:46 AM
    Elle doesn't work for me in .328. Still have the bars in landscape. All of my Elle themes (4) have a "pending" status. Not sure what pending means... Now if Auggie would just drop out of college, sell the dogs, and ditch the GF, we could get elle compiled for 5.0!!

Just kiddin Aug, hope all is well.

Mike
    All the pending status means is that the theme isn't the current theme. Just select it and it will become the current theme.
    10-28-09 08:57 PM
    The date issue bugs me because the theme would be perfect if not for this glitch. I think it should be fixed and not ignored. I donated and I have things going on in my life as well but I have to take care of my customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    "things going on in my life..." aren't ya special

"I have to take care of my customers" huh? are you selling these themes?

You did a donation to support him, not to force him to do stuff for you, if that is the case it could have been a PAYMENT, not a DONATION.
    Bingo!
    10-29-09 12:04 AM
    All the pending status means is that the theme isn't the current theme. Just select it and it will become the current theme.

Thanks for the info...
    10-29-09 08:04 AM
    anyone know another way to get this theme?
    I'm just looking for a clean theme with no icons on the home screen but weather bug. every single theme similar to this i try i get the ol' 907 COD problem when going OTA. if someone has another way to get this to me i would be ecstatic.
    10-29-09 09:21 AM
    All,

I foolishly said,
    "I just loaded the 5.0 Core Application update from the Blackberry Desktop Manager. This has fixed the white bar in Landscape issue with third party themes...ELLE is back! Run! don't walk to your desktop manager!

Life is good."
    ****************************************EDIT****** **************************************
    SORRY... this did not work my WP changer was disabled and when I changed the WP the bars are back....Darn!

Mike
    Last edited by ITF36059; 10-29-09 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Because I'm a Dumba$$
    10-29-09 11:30 AM
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to stop in and say hey to all of you! Thanks as always for hanging around and helping each other out while I've been gone! I played my last ever "
    organized competitive" soccer game on Saturday. What a weird feeling, very sad for me. Anyway, thanks for being so patient throughout this incredibly busy time for me. Classes are going well, though they're tough and demanding, but my work is paying off. My grades are looking like A's right now, and we're 7 weeks in to the 10 week quarter. Like I said, soccer is over, so that's more free time I'll have. Bear (my dog for those who don't know) is now getting a shot every 3 days for allergies, cross your fingers and hope they pay off (very expensive for me!).

Ok, that's enough about my personal life, the main point is that I'll hopefully have some more free time now that soccer is over (though I'll still play for fun).

On to more important things: I don't know if I have made a public announcement about this or not, but I HAVE discovered the issue with the date. Believe it or not, the issue existed for the ENTIRE life of the theme, it was not anything new introduced in later versions... we just never saw it in the first versions because the months were shorter (June/July/August vs. September/October/November/etc.). It just took this long for those to crop up!

Anyway, I did spend a few hours a couple of weeks ago looking around in the source files, and I discovered that I really can NOT increase the allotted size for the date at the bottom of the screen, without making it off-center OR impeding even MORE upon the message notification space. What's this mean? I have to shrink the size of the text in each version (once again, it sounds like a minor fix, but it is actually a PITA to anti-alias each font, determine the size, re-center, shrink down display area, connect all theme sources to composer sources, compile, and upload to server. Do that for every version of the theme, and you've got a LOT of time on your hands! I'll start working on it slowly and hopefully we'll see progress on it.

As far as the vertical white bars, I think that's just a 5.0 thing (as many of you have already said), so there's not much I can do there. Are all themes having this issue? I haven't even been around crackberry at all lately, I've been too busy, so it could very well be that there's a fix out that I just haven't learned yet. I have actually just been living with it, although it isn't a huge inconvenience for me because I generally use my phone in portrait orientation anyway.

And to anyone who has sent me a PM in the past few days, I am getting to those next, so thanks for your patience, I just logged in and saw that I have a BUNCH of notifications, so I hope none of you have been waiting around on me toooo long!

Again, thanks to those of you who have been wonderfully patient, understanding, and supportive of my work! I really do appreciate it; it's the people like YOU who make me want to find the time to get back on this project and put more of my life into something that I HOPE you can enjoy.
    11-02-09 12:27 AM
    The date issue bugs me because the theme would be perfect if not for this glitch. I think it should be fixed and not ignored. I donated and I have things going on in my life as well but I have to take care of my customers.

I'm really sorry you feel this way. I'm more than happy to refund your donation in FULL if you really thing that you donated to a bad cause.

I definitely understand the frustration with the date issue; this is a theme that I not only use as much as ALL of my users (I run the elle theme exclusively, on my Storm, which is my ONLY cell phone and the only device I use all day).

My goal here is NOT to pick a fight, or make you feel bad, or anything like that. I just started this entire thing because I wanted to make something I enjoyed. And other people liked it, and I branched out VERY far to accommodate what everyone else wanted. The donations along the way really helped motivate me to keep going, but even more important than the money (as I've told each donor) was their support and kind words. I've met some cool people though this, and made what I would consider friends through talking to you guys (B, M, C, D, others, you all know who you are). The last thing I want is to read mean posts like yours, about this theme that I tried to create for you.

Now I really think that's cool that you take such good care of your customers, and from day 1, I have made my users a top priority. I would venture a guess to say that you can ask any one of my users who I have spoken with (yourself excluded, for obvious reasons) and that they'd tell you I really do try my best to support them. I've got a couple of PM's in my inbox right now, and as much as I wanted this to be a "quick log on" tonight, I'm sure I will be on here for another 2-3 hours, doing what I can to take care of all of them, since they've been so patient waiting for me. I'd do the same for you, there's no difference. If this date issue is bothering you so bad, maybe try another theme out for a bit. Hey, maybe even try a premium them where you're required to pay, and let me know how the customer service and customization goes on that end. I don't want my tone to be cocky or demeaning, but this is a frustrating message for me to type.

Please be aware that I recieved donations while I was working on the theme, and immediately, I mean within 24 hours of me announcing that I would be away for quite some time for soccer and school, donations stopped. I received 2 donations since then, and both were from repeat donors, with whom I think I have a pretty good relationship with, and both were from substantial contributors who I am confident enough to say support both me and my work whether I'm busy handling real life issues, or free enough to spend 15 hours a day behind my computer screen developing this stuff. In other words, you gave me a donation while I was putting in tons of hours on this stuff, and I hope that in your mind, you got what you paid for. I'm not asking for another donation from you OR from anyone else for that matter, I'm just trying to let it be known that it's not like I'm "sitting pretty" here abusing this, collecting donations and refusing to work.

Anyway, the date thing has not been an issue for the past month, so I'm hoping that you've been able to enjoy the theme at least in that time.

I guess the most I can say is that at the end of the day, you gave me a donation because you wanted to support my work, and you did exactly that. I appreciate your support, and I actually even gave you something extra for your donation, the beta versions of my theme, which not everyone has. So no, you didn't buy anything from me, you donated for something that's free, and I gave you a VIP bonus, but I never sold you anything. So, in your blunt terms, you're not a customer of mine. I'm glad you do whatever you can for your customers; I do the same for my users and donors, but at the end of the day, this isn't my J-O-B (if it were, I would literally have died months ago from starvation, and I would have been able to pay 1 month's rent maybe at a decent place lol), it's something I did for fun on the side and when people liked it, I broadened it up for them. I'm glad you have good customer support in your job, and I try to support my users and donors as much as I can in this endeavor when I'm available, but my top responsibility is to take care of those dependent upon me, to earn good grades, and to maintain a healthy life. For the past few months, those priorities have had to come before fixing the date issue so that you're Storm worked exactly the way you wanted it, and for that, I'm sorry.

I'm also sorry for that sarcastic tone, but I really do hope that helps to paint the picture of how much I have been focusing on everything else BUT this theme in the past 2 months, out of necessity.

I think that's really all I've got to say about this, and if you'd like to discuss this further, I'd be happy to either in private or in public. I posted this message publicly in case there are others who share your sentiment, and want an explanation.

On a closing and more positive note, hopefully the official release of 5.0 will make the Plazmic 5.0 update come sooner, so that I can get looking at that white bar issue, and see if there are any other new features I can add in.

Ok, I'm off to answer PM's now, I hope that everyone knows they're free to contact me via email at any time for help, just use the email you donated to. I have many people contact me that way, and it's really the best way to get a hold of me. Hopefully my response times will improve again now that soccer is at a slower pace for me.

Again, thank you, gainc, for your support - not only for the donation you gave me, but for your early enthusiasm about the theme and appreciation for it. I hope that one day I can rejuvenate that enthusiasm and get you excited about this again.

-Auggie
    11-02-09 12:59 AM
    I had this theme and loved it, actually its the 1st theme I ever had (I'm on my 1st BB) How can I get it again? I've tried to re-download and and get "907 Invalid COD File Not Found"

Having read the post prior to this, I apologize for not making a donation, I will to get it back : )...thank you for the time you put into making a theme I really enjoyed.
    Last edited by Angmoe; 11-02-09 at 09:39 AM.
    11-02-09 08:07 AM
    I had this theme and loved it, actually its the 1st theme I ever had (I'm on my 1st BB) How can I get it again? I've try to re-download and and get "907 Invalid COD File Not Found"

Having read the post prior to this, I apologize for not making a donation, I will to get it back : )...thank you for the time you put into making a theme I really enjoyed.
    The prior post is not to make anyone feel like the have to donate! No need, no worries. I just wanted people to know that my life has priorities and this is not my job, it's a hobby, and as such it would be irresponsible of me to prioritize it above other things (namely family health, loved ones, school, income, etc).

Anyway, it sounds like the free OTA's are down from your post. Is everyone having that problem? I'll look into it later on today!

Thanks and really, I hope you don't donate out of pressure, that's really not what my prior post was about

11-02-09 08:27 AM
    No worries...I think I got the point of your post. I would donate simply because I think you deserve it. Thanks for your response and I hope to have your theme back on my phone soon : )
    11-02-09 08:47 AM
    Ok, I just installed this theme and lost my SMS/MMS

Ideas?

Doing a reboot now
    11-02-09 08:58 AM
    Ok, I just installed this theme and lost my SMS/MMS

Ideas?

Doing a reboot now
    its probably hidden if you have it integrated with your message box.

make sure you check SHOW ALL first.
    11-02-09 09:00 AM
    its probably hidden if you have it integrated with your message box.

make sure you check SHOW ALL first.
    I have checked that

It's not there
    11-02-09 09:17 AM
    Good to see ya posting again Aug....

Is an updated Plazmic on the horizon for yinz theme builders?

Mike
    11-02-09 11:42 AM
    Hey Aug, glad to see you're still doing ok! We miss you man!!
    11-02-09 09:04 PM
    So Far this is one of the best themes out there. I have been doing a check on my memory and it is not dropping, so that is good. I don't mind doing the white bars fix (since almost all themes are doing it). I recommend this theme to everyone. Great job, and i cant wait for the Plazmic update so these themes can get better. Keep up the good work.
    11-03-09 05:17 AM
    Thanks guys! Was hoping to get something done since my last post, but I honestly haven't Just been doing homework this whole time. Whatever It's just a matter of time until I get some free time to do something though.

To anyone who has donated and for one reason or another doesn't have their donor files: send me an email and I'll get you set up! PM's are OK, but they really do take me a lot longer to respond to, so emails are the best!
    11-03-09 11:55 AM
1,521 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD