View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    it looks really nice, simple and clean.... good job
    06-25-09 11:21 AM
    I think this is what i was looking for, clean and simple.

Just donated, please send me the download link. I'll send you a sperate e-mail with my e-mail address. Thanks
    Thank you for the donation and email. I did send you the files and instructions. Please post back with some feedback if you get the chance!

And if you have any trouble installing shoot me another email!
    06-25-09 11:23 AM
    where do you take wallpapers ??? I really like
    I have done a lot of searching and had work to find all of what I consider the "best", free wallpapers from the internet. I can't take credit for them - other geniuses made them. I just did a lot of hard work to find them all. To be honest, I looked in so many places that I don't even remember where all I looked.

If you see a wallpaper you like, feel free to ask me for it. I don't own them, they are free to everyone - so of course I'd be happy to share them
    06-25-09 11:25 AM
    Is it possible to have the walls in the first post ? Thanks in advance
    06-25-09 11:29 AM
    Is it possible to have the walls in the first post ? Thanks in advance
    Shoot me a PM with your email address and I will get to it ASAP - could take a few minutes, bit busy with work at the moment.

Thanks!
    06-25-09 11:31 AM
    Shoot me a PM with your email address and I will get to it ASAP - could take a few minutes, bit busy with work at the moment.

Thanks!
    Not sure how to pm from phone but I'd be interested in the first two wallpapers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 12:37 PM
    Hey Auggie,
    Thanks for sending the theme to me last night, I have been using is since then and I have to say I am very pleased with it. I haven't found any problems with it yet. I really like the QuickLaunch hotspot as well as all the others. This one�s gonna stay my default theme�

I am anxiously awaiting the "Weather Version" and would also like to see a version with "Weather" and "MeterBerry" - but that�s just me.

I am glad we finally got everything worked out with the FTP and now will be able to get the OTA up when your ready, sorry about the problems - sometimes I swear I am dyslexic either that or I'm just getting old
    06-25-09 12:43 PM
    Hey Auggie,
    Thanks for sending the theme to me last night, I have been using is since then and I have to say I am very pleased with it. I haven't found any problems with it yet. I really like the QuickLaunch hotspot as well as all the others. This one�s gonna stay my default theme�

I am anxiously awaiting the "Weather Version" and would also like to see a version with "Weather" and "MeterBerry" - but that�s just me.

I am glad we finally got everything worked out with the FTP and now will be able to get the OTA up when your ready, sorry about the problems - sometimes I swear I am dyslexic either that or I'm just getting old
    Thanks for all your help! I am making good progress on a couple of modifications before I post OTA. It will be up by the end of the day with some surprises

Everyone can thank ejackson for the OTA once it is up! He is hosting it for me
    06-25-09 12:56 PM
    This looks great. I fully intend on making a donation once the OTA is available and I give it a try.
    06-25-09 01:10 PM
    are you going to make a wb version of your theme?
    06-25-09 01:31 PM
    I can't wait to have this on my Storm!
    06-25-09 02:02 PM
    are you going to make a wb version of your theme?
    Yes he is, its in a post on the top of this page or the last page.

Looking forward to the OTA and will be donating if it works as good as it looks

06-25-09 02:16 PM
    Yes he is, its in a post on the top of this page or the last page.

Looking forward to the OTA and will be donating if it works as good as it looks

Thanks for keeping up with my thread for me :-)

It is taking a slightly bit longer to create everything than I had hoped (too many distractions at work ), but I am still hoping to have it all up by tonight or tomorrow sometime.

There should be enough customization for everyone to be happy!
    06-25-09 03:17 PM
    For those of you who were asking about memory leak, here is my memory log for the last few hours. I'll try to get another screen shot at the end of the day too! This amount is very acceptable to me! Great job Aug!!

06-25-09 03:40 PM
    For those of you who were asking about memory leak, here is my memory log for the last few hours. I'll try to get another screen shot at the end of the day too! This amount is very acceptable to me! Great job Aug!!
    Looks good! Thanks!
    06-25-09 03:54 PM
    What are the suprises? You can't lead is on like that! FYI 16 hours or more and everything works perfectly no bugs. For some reason this theme made my phone faster compared to some others. Also the way you positioned the buttons on the home screen is sick- all other themes I would accidentally click the wrong icons but the spacing is PERFECT and I am always hitting the intended icons now. Thanks for everything Auggie!

06-25-09 04:02 PM
    What are the suprises? You can't lead is on like that! FYI 16 hours or more and everything works perfectly no bugs. For some reason this theme made my phone faster compared to some others. Also the way you positioned the buttons on the home screen is sick- all other themes I would accidentally click the wrong icons but the spacing is PERFECT and I am always hitting the intended icons now. Thanks for everything Auggie!

Haha nothing too special, just a few tweaks to make some more people happy

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I really do love to hear feedback, whether it's positive or negative. The positive makes me happy obviously, but the negative helps me fix the theme so that more people can enjoy it.

I am having a minor issue right now, but once I resolve it I'll get everything up with OTA. I am leaving work soon but won't be able to get back to this until around 9 tonight. Sorry for the delays... sometimes real life takes up too much time, huh?
    06-25-09 04:05 PM
    Hey everyone,

Haven't eaten all day, going out for dinner now (finally). Sorry OTA is still not up... good things always seem to get delayed, don't they?

I'll be working on this more tonight, but I'm still *hoping* that it will be up sometime tomorrow by the latest

Thanks for being patient everyone!
    06-25-09 08:47 PM
    thanks auggie, very appreciate
    06-25-09 09:45 PM
    Nice job Aug!!! Glad you put that source to good use, and put your spin on it. Everything looks very precise and clean. Check it out, I'm working on my next version - "Custom 8"! What is up with OTA?
    06-25-09 09:50 PM
    Nice job Aug!!! Glad you put that source to good use, and put your spin on it. Everything looks very precise and clean. Check it out, I'm working on my next version - "Custom 8"! What is up with OTA?
    Nice! Can't wait to see custom 8! Is there a thread up for it yet?

I'm glad you asked about OTA - others are probably wondering too. I got the OTA set up today, and it is functional. Thanks to ejackson for that! The problem is, I am not 100% satisfied with my theme at the moment. I have made some enhancements, and I want to get it working right before I post it up for everyone to download. I hope it's clear that I'm not trying to force anyone to donate. That really is not my goal. While it has been awesome seeing the CB community donate money, that was not my intent with this theme. It does motivate me to extend it and consider future development, but it's not my main mission.

The files I have now are functional, and working OK. anyone who donates is getting an email with a stable version that is a bit outdated from what I currently have. The only reason it's outdated is that my version isn't completely stable/where I want it. I keep a mailing list of all donors, so that I can give them updates as they come out so they don't miss one. However, I don't want everyone to download OTA and then forget to come back in a day when the better files are up to offer a better theme. I think in the end, it is better just to wait the extra day or two until the theme is where it needs to be, and then let everyone have at it. I'm a perfectionist, and I know it might annoy some of you, but that is a lot of what has made this theme what it is to me - clean, simple, balanced, and bug-free. I don't want to sacrifice my theme's name or my name as a new theme developer just to get an OTA up a day or two earlier

Again, thanks to everyone for being so understanding. And your comments really do get considered by me. You'll see that soon enough

-Auggie
    06-25-09 10:15 PM
    love this theme, i'm rocking it
    06-25-09 10:16 PM
    I am anxiously awaiting your revised version, but wondering how it can get better!
    06-25-09 10:26 PM
    i would love to have a simpleweather/weatherbug version.

is it possible to shrink 3rd party icons? would be cool to have the simpleweather icon shrunken and on the top bar next to the battery
    06-25-09 11:01 PM
    i would love to have a weatherbug version
    Yeah, I think that makes sense. A lot of people seem to want it. I normally ALWAYS ran a WB theme, until just recently. Initially, I didn't design this theme that way intentionally - because it went too far away from the simple, clean, minimalistic feeling. But it does seem like a lot of people are interested in it

As always, I really appreciate your input and requests. Please keep them coming everyone!

By the way - I just found the solution to the last of my problems. Now it is just a matter of implementing my solution throughout, and updating all of the files, etc. before I put up the OTA. Things are looking good for some time tomorrow.
    06-25-09 11:04 PM
1,521 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD