View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Aug what's new in the last update (glow icons) ?
    07-23-09 02:17 PM
    Aug what's new in the last update (glow icons) ?
    Can't say much... keeping it quiet for possible patent purposes... new feature that no other theme has done before... couple other tweaks... some minor new features... and some new versions... that's all I'm saying though, as I'd like to keep it kind of quiet since I may be putting a patent on this, and don't want someone else stealing the ideas and patenting before me.
    07-23-09 02:20 PM
    Hey e,

I'm running a beta version WBQLT.

Ok, to fix all notifications for anyone having issues (this will fix led light, new messages indicator icon not showing up or not disappearing, and sounds), do the following:

1. Open message -> options -> general -> inboxes: theme controlled
    2. Switch to default Zen theme
    3. Battery pull
    4. Switch back to :|: elle :|: theme

Should be good to go
    Well Auggie, I tried you fix and unfortunately it didn't work for me - [bummer]

Oh well, I'll keep checkin in to see if a "solid fix" becomes available. Thanks for all the help!
    07-23-09 02:51 PM
    Can't say much... keeping it quiet for possible patent purposes... new feature that no other theme has done before... couple other tweaks... some minor new features... and some new versions... that's all I'm saying though, as I'd like to keep it kind of quiet since I may be putting a patent on this, and don't want someone else stealing the ideas and patenting before me.
    Sounds awesome, can't wait to see what it is! You've already created the cleanest, best theme IMHO - and now you're gonna add something more - EXCITING!
    07-23-09 02:53 PM
    Sounds awesome, can't wait to see what it is! You've already created the cleanest, best theme IMHO - and now you're gonna add something more - EXCITING!
    E - I think you have the new stuff already Not 100% sure but I thought you did.

As far as the fix not working - it's weird - it seems like it stops working on me after a couple of minutes, but definitely works at first.

Either way, not fail proof clearly.

Hoping we find something soon...
    07-23-09 03:13 PM
    It works until you do a reboot basically, then it returns with "ghost messages" and no sounds and such.
    07-23-09 08:02 PM
    It works until you do a reboot basically, then it returns with "ghost messages" and no sounds and such.

Agreed!!!!
    07-23-09 08:33 PM
    E - I think you have the new stuff already Not 100% sure but I thought you did.

As far as the fix not working - it's weird - it seems like it stops working on me after a couple of minutes, but definitely works at first.

Either way, not fail proof clearly.

Hoping we find something soon...
    Are you going to keep 5.0.0.140?
    07-23-09 08:36 PM
    hey aug have a issue dont know if its been talked about yet. ive noticed when using your theme the media icon is now gone with no access to media home page. media icon has now been replaced with individual icons of pictures-music-ringtones-voicenotes and video. when using stock zen theme media icon comes back and can access media home. i tried another theme as well and same result. i assume its something with how the new 5.0 files are playing with how themes are made up? dunno. so have you noticed this and any ideas what can be done to fix it?

appreciate the help if you can figure something out. thnx
    Last edited by strmtrooper; 07-24-09 at 01:48 AM.
    07-24-09 01:43 AM
    GREAT! i love it
    07-24-09 04:29 AM
    Auggie,

Not to be really picky, but what you want to do is copyright your work.
    Software isn't patented AFAIK. You should include a copyright statement and some sort of warranty statement in your emails and also on the front end of your source code in a comment section.

If you would like and example of a copyright statement, flip me and email.

Mike
    07-24-09 08:32 AM
    Confirmed on my end as well
    07-24-09 09:44 AM
    Are you going to keep 5.0.0.140?
    For the time being, yes, I am staying on 5.0.0.140. I am not getting "ghost messages" really - most of my messages all find their way to my inbox without an issue. Deleting messages is another thing...

As far as the audible alert, mine come and go - but I am now using BerryBuzz successfully on 5.0.0.140 and it is working with the LED to alert me of my messages (I have different colors set up for different types of messags), so I am getting visual alerts on notifications...

So for now, yes, I'm keeping it
    07-24-09 09:46 AM
    hey aug have a issue dont know if its been talked about yet. ive noticed when using your theme the media icon is now gone with no access to media home page. media icon has now been replaced with individual icons of pictures-music-ringtones-voicenotes and video. when using stock zen theme media icon comes back and can access media home. i tried another theme as well and same result. i assume its something with how the new 5.0 files are playing with how themes are made up? dunno. so have you noticed this and any ideas what can be done to fix it?

appreciate the help if you can figure something out. thnx
    No issue here

The way media is set up in 5.0 is different than it was in 4.7. We used to have the media app - now we have a media folder. The default Zen theme is set up to put the music, pictures, videos, etc into that folder. Since we don't have a Plazmic version for 5.0 yet (still 4.7 only), we don't have any way to configure this new media folder - Plazmic thinks we have a Media app still. So, all of the things that go in the media folder (music, videos, ring tones, etc) are just loose on the screen. Just move them into the Media folder and it'll be the same as the stock theme.

No developer can really control this at this point, until we get a Plazmic version for 5.0.

Hope that makes sense. Just highlight the app you want to move, BB button, move to the media folder
    07-24-09 09:49 AM
    Auggie,

Not to be really picky, but what you want to do is copyright your work.
    Software isn't patented AFAIK. You should include a copyright statement and some sort of warranty statement in your emails and also on the front end of your source code in a comment section.

If you would like and example of a copyright statement, flip me and email.

Mike
    Thanks Mike!

Glad you're picky! I had said patent just because in Plazmic there is a slot for information regarding a "patent" specifically, so I assumed that was what it would be. A few people are supposedly "looking into it" for me, so hopefully I hear back. I'd love to hear more from you on the topic, I'm assuming you know a good bit about it

One of these days I will find the time to do this on my own lol.
    07-24-09 09:51 AM
    No issue here

The way media is set up in 5.0 is different than it was in 4.7. We used to have the media app - now we have a media folder. The default Zen theme is set up to put the music, pictures, videos, etc into that folder. Since we don't have a Plazmic version for 5.0 yet (still 4.7 only), we don't have any way to configure this new media folder - Plazmic thinks we have a Media app still. So, all of the things that go in the media folder (music, videos, ring tones, etc) are just loose on the screen. Just move them into the Media folder and it'll be the same as the stock theme.

No developer can really control this at this point, until we get a Plazmic version for 5.0.

Hope that makes sense. Just highlight the app you want to move, BB button, move to the media folder
    no media folder to move to. when in one of the catagories and click bb button and click media home, nothing happens. folder doesnt exist. still havin a prob with sms and such so i had to ditch the theme altogether. sucks ,liked your theme alot. need my messages though. lol. anyway hopefully as this os progresses alot of this stuff gets handled. keep up the good work hope to have your theme back on my phone soon. thnx
    07-24-09 12:12 PM
    Thanks Mike!

Glad you're picky! I had said patent just because in Plazmic there is a slot for information regarding a "patent" specifically, so I assumed that was what it would be. A few people are supposedly "looking into it" for me, so hopefully I hear back. I'd love to hear more from you on the topic, I'm assuming you know a good bit about it

One of these days I will find the time to do this on my own lol.
    I think I was mistaken on this one...Apparently you can patent SW.
    I sent you and email with a sample copyright, plus a link to an freelaw website that provides free copyright statements with much more information than mine.

Mike
    07-24-09 12:56 PM
    StormTrooper....

Love the sig...

"I see you have the Schwartz, and your Schwartz is as big as mine"

"Let's see if you know how to handle it."

07-24-09 01:06 PM
    StormTrooper....

Love the sig...

"I see you have the Schwartz, and your Schwartz is as big as mine"

"Let's see if you know how to handle it."

ive had it forever and your the first person that got it. lol great movie.
    07-24-09 01:09 PM
    Thanks for the email Mike - I appreciate it

trooper - you're right - you have to create your own media folder then move them into there. All the media thing is now is a folder, AFAIK, that holds the other stuff. Personally, I like the old way better

Anyway, someone asked if I was going to stay on 5.0 earlier, and while I had said yes, I'm going to leave it tonight or tomorrow. The camera bug is annoying, and I'm getting a new puppy this weekend, so I want to be able to use my camera without worries. Beyond that, I started getting emails that I can't view - even in the default theme... battery pull takes too long to simply read an email... and then there's the fact that I got a random reboot today while rocking the default theme.

So, as a revision to my previous statement, I'm going to revert back to lyricidal's latest hybrid, and wait patiently while he puts together his 5.0 beta Hoepfully, he can fix the theme woes in his hybrid as well
    07-24-09 01:22 PM
    Thanks for the email Mike - I appreciate it

trooper - you're right - you have to create your own media folder then move them into there. All the media thing is now is a folder, AFAIK, that holds the other stuff. Personally, I like the old way better

Anyway, someone asked if I was going to stay on 5.0 earlier, and while I had said yes, I'm going to leave it tonight or tomorrow. The camera bug is annoying, and I'm getting a new puppy this weekend, so I want to be able to use my camera without worries. Beyond that, I started getting emails that I can't view - even in the default theme... battery pull takes too long to simply read an email... and then there's the fact that I got a random reboot today while rocking the default theme.

So, as a revision to my previous statement, I'm going to revert back to lyricidal's latest hybrid, and wait patiently while he puts together his 5.0 beta Hoepfully, he can fix the theme woes in his hybrid as well
    cool good to hear. hopefully someone fixes the sms alerts issue. ive tried some of the supposed fixes but nothing works as far as themes go for me. stock zen works so i have to stick with that for now. again this sucks,your theme looks great and runs tight. i want it back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol cya
    Last edited by strmtrooper; 07-24-09 at 01:33 PM.
    07-24-09 01:29 PM
    Only post in two days whats going on??

Gotta get some more people in here.
    07-26-09 11:48 PM

Im always around
    07-26-09 11:50 PM
    vacation time for the designers of themes
    07-27-09 07:21 AM