View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Aug,

Got my memory leak fixed...

Let you know how I did it tonite.

Mike
    I REPLACED THE FREEKIN' PHONE!!!

I finally got a sympathetic ear at Verizon and explained the issues to him.
    They shipped me a new Storm 1 last Friday and so far all is well.
    I'm running each app as I reload for 24 hours before I load a new one.
    So far Meterberry, ELLE, Weatherbug...I'm taking baby steps this time.

Mike
    12-20-09 07:36 PM
    Already schedule slip? I suppose your gonna be overbudget too!
    BTW I want 600 more changes to ELLE and ELLE 2 by Christmas!

Just getting you prepared for your future....
    LMAO, I love it!

No, no - no official schedule slip yet! Elle is still on target for Christmas release for Storm1, and I really am hoping to get Elle 2 (S2) out at the same time... as always, I won't promise though

Your comment really did have me laughing out loud
    12-21-09 04:03 PM
    Ahhhh where's my post from last night? Anyways, Cliff's Notes:

For the S2 WIFI icon, is that something you can customize? Maybe instead of the gray/white text icon, use a red/green dot to signify the on/off status? Just a thought...I'm an S1-er

That said, I love my sound profiles hotspot. I'm still using Miro2, and that's my only issue with that theme. And it looks like you plan to keep that intact for S1, but my suggestion above was to possibly help do the same for the S2 version.

Also, I don't use the Messages button, so I would love to see that replaced with the SMS/MMS...for the WB/QL version at least.

Nice work, and I've reviewed your last 15 pages or havoc, so it's nice to see that you've made some headway. Eagerly anticipating...
    The sound profiles hotspot will remain for the S1 and S2 versions of elle So everyone should be happy about that. Can't customize the WIFI indicator, otherwise I'd love your idea!

It'll have to stay, but it will still function as the profiles hotspot

I can do a custom version of the theme... I have done them in the past for donations, but I can't get into that right now - I have to focus on getting these out by Xmas, and then there are a few people on the list that have been waiting, but let me know in a little while if you're still interested!
    12-21-09 04:06 PM
    I REPLACED THE FREEKIN' PHONE!!!

I finally got a sympathetic ear at Verizon and explained the issues to him.
    They shipped me a new Storm 1 last Friday and so far all is well.
    I'm running each app as I reload for 24 hours before I load a new one.
    So far Meterberry, ELLE, Weatherbug...I'm taking baby steps this time.

Mike
    Wow, that's crazy! It took a new phone to do it, HA! I'm still seeing that same old memory to battery relationship we saw a while back... it never seems to change for me :/ The good thing is, I can pretty much use my battery indicator as a memory indicator too! LOL
    12-21-09 04:07 PM
    So I just updated to the official MTS .419 for my 9530...

low and behold, the elle theme was actually given a cool new feature that I kind of like >_>

turns out, I no longer have the white bars issue when turning the app menu to landscape

however, this "new feature" is when I go to the app menu, the background from the home screen remains in the background with the app icons appearing over it. I think it's actually a pleasant surprise. Looks awesome with dark backgrounds.

Oh and it does this in landscape too, but resizes the background.

I'll get a couple screen caps of it for reference. One sec.
    12-21-09 04:16 PM
    Haha, that is actually pretty sweet. To be totally honest, I played around with trying to accomplish that same feat. I wanted all screens to be consistent (it was a fun idea to play with, though I know not totally practical for light wallpapers)... it's not possible for devs to do it in Plazmic though - we can pick a custom image, but we can't let it be user-definable. I'm glad that new OS does that... does the lock screen wallpaper show up the same too, or no?
    12-21-09 04:23 PM
    Here we go. Pretty interesting, huh?

Oh, and lock screen is still black.
    12-21-09 04:26 PM
    Yeah, definitely cool! I actually just changed that highlighted icon background from black (as shown in your pictures) to be transparent - so it would look even smoother now! They're definitely taking steps all the time in their OS releases AND the theme software releases... it'd just be nice if it was all on the same page, so I had an option to enable or disable wallpaper carry over, ya know?

Either way, that looks cool. I may download the OS just to try it out lol.. 9530 or 9500?
    12-21-09 04:31 PM
    This is the same thing I saw when I downloaded it, I thought I was seeing things when the wallpaper carried over to the app screen. Whoa.
    12-21-09 04:48 PM
    Can't wait to try this... leaving soon to head out but I might try to load it up tonight if I can stay awake long enough! Exhausted.

Are all themes doing this, or just elle? Any other reports of it? Anyone find a way to stop it from happening, if desired?

Are there any bugs with elle in this OS?

Thx!
    12-21-09 04:51 PM
    elle is the only theme I have installed (like always, lol), so I can't report on others.

It seems to working 100% just like always too. No problems I've encountered so far.
    12-21-09 05:01 PM
    Wow, that's crazy! It took a new phone to do it, HA! I'm still seeing that same old memory to battery relationship we saw a while back... it never seems to change for me :/ The good thing is, I can pretty much use my battery indicator as a memory indicator too! LOL
    New phone runs like a champ on .328. I use no more than a couple MB in 24 hours and no issues. I've loaded MB ELLE WB and patternlock. I monitor each apps for 24 hours for leaks
    12-21-09 05:04 PM
    New phone runs like a champ on .328. I use no more than a couple MB in 24 hours and no issues. I've loaded MB ELLE WB and patternlock. I monitor each apps for 24 hours for leaks
    You know another OS was released for the 9530?
    12-21-09 05:36 PM
    You know another OS was released for the 9530?
    Yeah I saw a leaked 419..Is it official from Verizon?

EDIT *** Just did a DM sync and there is a Core Applications update.
    Last edited by ITF36059; 12-21-09 at 06:15 PM.
    12-21-09 06:10 PM
    Yeah I saw a leaked 419..Is it official from Verizon?

EDIT *** Just did a DM sync and there is a Core Applications update.
    MT Mobility released an official, all you have to do ls delete the vendor file.
    12-21-09 06:16 PM
    MT Mobility released an official, all you have to do ls delete the vendor file.
    That on is up on the Blogs....I got everything working on .328. I'm a little hesitant to make the jump. I haven't looked at the OS threads yet to see what others are saying.
    12-21-09 06:27 PM
    Here we go. Pretty interesting, huh?

Oh, and lock screen is still black.

I'm actually not a fan of this feature. It was mentioned earlier in this thread. I think this would be a step in the wrong direction for this theme. Nothing about those screen shots look clean in my opinion.

Anyway, glad to see some activity in the thread.
    12-21-09 06:34 PM
    That on is up on the Blogs....I got everything working on .328. I'm a little hesitant to make the jump. I haven't looked at the OS threads yet to see what others are saying.
    I don't really have the need to follow the 9530 anymore, but so far I heard it's good and includes the popup keys that the 9550 has now.
    12-21-09 06:37 PM
    I don't really have the need to follow the 9530 anymore, but so far I heard it's good and includes the popup keys that the 9550 has now.

Well....I could try the upgrade and really booger things up and push Verizon for the 9550 as replacement.
    12-21-09 06:43 PM
    Well....I could try the upgrade and really booger things up and push Verizon for the 9550 as replacement.
    That's the first time I heard someone that wanted to fry their Storm.
    12-21-09 06:48 PM
    That's the first time I heard someone that wanted to fry their Storm.
    Not intentionally, of course.

I would love to double down on the memory.
    I am happy with the Storm 1 as long as it behaves itself.
    12-21-09 06:54 PM
    Are all themes doing this, or just elle? Any other reports of it? Anyone find a way to stop it from happening, if desired?
    I wanna say that Pad's theme for 5.0 did that with the landscape wallpaper too, but maybe it was the wallpaper he included.
    12-21-09 11:53 PM
    I'm actually not a fan of this feature. It was mentioned earlier in this thread. I think this would be a step in the wrong direction for this theme. Nothing about those screen shots look clean in my opinion.

Anyway, glad to see some activity in the thread.
    I have to agree. I don't like the "feature" either. Especially if you have a light background, you won't be able to see the icon or text below. Also, I don't like the resizing of the picture in landscape mode. I included some screen shots of what it looks like for me. (Forgive the icons, I am normally OCD about organized icons and such but this DL scattered them out and all that.)

Last edited by doctorlove316; 12-22-09 at 09:29 AM.
    12-22-09 08:17 AM
    Come on, don't be shy...you can tell us if you have a Flickr hotspot.
    12-22-09 08:39 AM
    lol .

Come on, don't be shy...you can tell us if you have a Flickr hotspot.
    12-22-09 09:30 AM
1,521 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD