View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Yes, it is very nice to have a full keypad. It's been so long since i've had a theme with a full keypad that I forgot how nice it is.
    So, are you saying you didn't have the full keypad in elle? I'm confused, there should be no cut-off with elle...

Can you post a screen-shot? Or anyone with the issue, can you post a screen shot? What devices are getting cut-off?

No versions of the theme should create cut-off... I never experience it. I'm totally confused...
    12-18-09 10:01 AM
    Okay you know what, I just downloaded all the versions and tried all and I get white bars (maybe since I'm on .320 and not on the leak as some say leak fixes the white bars) and I didn't notice the dial pad cut off. I'm unsure why that happened in the first place - or maybe I'm confusing with some other theme; well w.e it may be I don't notice the dial pad issue anymore. Apologies for raising everyone's attention lol.

Haha, no big! I'm really glad you got the chance to test it out! So are you confirming that there is NO dial pad cut off for you?

I want to be 100% sure, because if it's an issue, I need it to be fixed before I release the update. I definitely don't have dial-pad cut off, but I want to make sure that nobody has the issue.

PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE DIAL PAD CUT OFF, SEND ME A PICTURE OF THE ISSUE AND NOTE WHAT DEVICE YOU'RE ON (S1/S2) AS WELL AS WHICH EDITION OF THE THEME YOU'RE ON!

Thanks everyone
    12-18-09 10:04 AM

Aug, there's a guy in the 9550/9520 theme forum that built an elle-knockoff theme which seems to fix many of the problems. You might brainstorm with him if you get stuck
    Hey Mr. Orange,

Do you mind making a list of the issues that elle has? I might be unaware of them, because all I really know about is the WIFI on S2 and white bars since it's not 5.0 ready yet... So if there's anything else, I'd love to fix it, and your post kind of makes me think there are other issues since you said "many," which is fine, I just wana know which ones

Thanks!
    12-18-09 10:11 AM
    Can't wait for the update...
    12-18-09 12:48 PM
    Sorry for the confusion, Aug. "Many" was a poor use of words. I distracted while typing at the time, and just meant you were saying you were having a lot of problems making this 5.0 compliant.

These are the issues (maybe not problems to everyone) that the "elle-knockoff" theme seems to have corrected:

1. 5.0 compatible - meaning no white bars even with custom wallpapers
    2. No dial pad cutoff, and it still has the wifi and profile icons (wifi was moved to lower dock, near the date)
    3. There is NO landscape homescreen, however, the top dock in landscape still has some hotspots (Clock, manage connections, and profiles *I think*).

I don't know ALL the issues you've had trying to remake this one, but it is possible to have the profile and wifi icons on the homescreen with no dial pad cutoff. They cohabitate just fine on the current version of elle on the portrait homescreen, but on landscape or portrait app screen, there is double wifi icons for some reason. This knockoff theme fixes that somehow.

I'm not a developer, so I'm not versed in explaining the problems, but thats the best I can describe it. If you need screenshot of anything on my device, please let me know and I'll post them up!

That's not "many" problems as I said, I know. Like I said, I mispoke and I'm sorry. An interesting note, I had to wipe and reload my .428 OS the other night. When I again installed the WBQL elle, this time my landscape screen was all jacked up. It had an all white background and many of the icons were not visible. I went to option and reset all the theme defaults, and this fixed it. I was then able to go back and rearrange my icons (ug - PITA) and added a custom wallpaper via BerryWeather and all is right in the world again.

Thanks for all your hard work, Aug! Its nice to know you actually read all of our comments and take them into account. Its hard to believe, but I think this theme will be even better than the original when you are done!

And, please let us know when you find out something on your job interview!
    12-18-09 03:55 PM
    In answer to your dialpad cutoff question:

I'm on a 9550
    OS 5.0.0.428
    No dialpad cutoff with any of the current elle themes.

Sorry, I only mentioned it earlier, because you said the wifi icons would not fit with the profile icons without causing the dialpad cutoff. I was only trying to say that with that other theme, it is possible without the cutoff.

I feel I've only confused you further, rather than helped you! This is the problem with the internet: you can't sit down with someone and SHOW each other what you're talking about.
    12-18-09 04:06 PM
    Haha, no big! I'm really glad you got the chance to test it out! So are you confirming that there is NO dial pad cut off for you?

I want to be 100% sure, because if it's an issue, I need it to be fixed before I release the update. I definitely don't have dial-pad cut off, but I want to make sure that nobody has the issue.

PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE DIAL PAD CUT OFF, SEND ME A PICTURE OF THE ISSUE AND NOTE WHAT DEVICE YOU'RE ON (S1/S2) AS WELL AS WHICH EDITION OF THE THEME YOU'RE ON!

Thanks everyone
    Hey, ya lol. Here is the deal so far: there is a huge bug somewhere in my S2. My homescreen keeps messing up (on the stock theme) like the icons such as manage connections etc move away and never come back. It's hard to explain. As of yesterday, there was no dial pad cut off. But I think it's best to see if any other S2 users notice this or not.
    I'm waiting for Tuesday, I'll be done with my work then and finally I can get .428 on my S2 - this .320 is just annoying. So, I'm not able to provide much feedback right now but next week on I should be; but then again, I'm sure you'll have the updated versions out by then :P
    12-18-09 05:23 PM
    Sorry for the confusion, Aug. "Many" was a poor use of words. I distracted while typing at the time, and just meant you were saying you were having a lot of problems making this 5.0 compliant.

These are the issues (maybe not problems to everyone) that the "elle-knockoff" theme seems to have corrected:

2. No dial pad cutoff, and it still has the wifi and profile icons (wifi was moved to lower dock, near the date)
    3. There is NO landscape homescreen, however, the top dock in landscape still has some hotspots (Clock, manage connections, and profiles *I think*).

I don't know ALL the issues you've had trying to remake this one, but it is possible to have the profile and wifi icons on the homescreen with no dial pad cutoff. They cohabitate just fine on the current version of elle on the portrait homescreen, but on landscape or portrait app screen, there is double wifi icons for some reason. This knockoff theme fixes that somehow.

I'm not a developer, so I'm not versed in explaining the problems, but thats the best I can describe it. If you need screenshot of anything on my device, please let me know and I'll post them up!

That's not "many" problems as I said, I know. Like I said, I mispoke and I'm sorry. An interesting note, I had to wipe and reload my .428 OS the other night. When I again installed the WBQL elle, this time my landscape screen was all jacked up. It had an all white background and many of the icons were not visible. I went to option and reset all the theme defaults, and this fixed it. I was then able to go back and rearrange my icons (ug - PITA) and added a custom wallpaper via BerryWeather and all is right in the world again.

Thanks for all your hard work, Aug! Its nice to know you actually read all of our comments and take them into account. Its hard to believe, but I think this theme will be even better than the original when you are done!

The knock off does have clock and manage connections hot spots while in landscape.

Yes, the knock off has the normal profile icon and the WIFI icon is in the bottom dock. BUT, the bottom dock is twice the size of the Elle bottom dock. Which I'm not a huge fan of, I like the way that Elle has the same size docks on top and bottom.

And: Storm2, WB edition, no dial pad cut off.
    Last edited by TheKid23; 12-18-09 at 05:51 PM. Reason: clarification
    12-18-09 05:43 PM
    Hey everyone (Mr Orange, Zrome, TheKid) just wanted to let ya know I saw these posts - not ignoring, just haven't had laptop with me all day, and want to give full response, will do tomorrow!

Seriously thx for this input though. It honestly helps so much, otherwise progress would take forever.

More tomorrow

-Aug

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 11:21 PM
    I've been looking at both :elle: and the :elle: knockoff and now I have to ask if you're sure that the wifi icon won't fit in the bottom banner?
    12-18-09 11:29 PM
    Um, I just installed the 'classic' theme on the new 9530 leak and it works fine.. No lines or anything..Calender items show on today screen, hot spots bring up what they are suppose to, full dial pad/keyboard, seems to be working 100%, fast too.
    12-19-09 07:33 AM
    Still don't have my computer so still more coming later, but the wifi would def fit in bottom banner, the concern has been the banner in the app list - like when you have the application screen up and you can ONLY have the top banner there, no more. If that doesn't make sense I can explain more later

I've been looking at both :elle: and the :elle: knockoff and now I have to ask if you're sure that the wifi icon won't fit in the bottom banner?
    12-19-09 03:31 PM
    Still don't have my computer so still more coming later, but the wifi would def fit in bottom banner, the concern has been the banner in the app list - like when you have the application screen up and you can ONLY have the top banner there, no more. If that doesn't make sense I can explain more later

I understood, still no rush.
    12-19-09 03:34 PM
    [QUOTE=Aug0211;4337712]Still don't have my computer so still more coming later, but the wifi would def fit in bottom banner, the concern has been the banner in the app list - like when you have the application screen up and you can ONLY have the top banner there, no more. If that doesn't make sense I can explain more later

Is it an option to not have it show when navigating away from the home screen?

12-19-09 04:06 PM
    Not an option plan is just to remove profiles icon, leave hot spot, and wifi where battery is, move battery far left.

[QUOTE=TheKid23;4337865]

Is it an option to not have it show when navigating away from the home screen?

12-19-09 06:14 PM
    Not an option plan is just to remove profiles icon, leave hot spot, and wifi where battery is, move battery far left.

That sounds like a good idea regardless. It isn't a must to have the profiles icon.
    12-19-09 06:18 PM
    Not an option plan is just to remove profiles icon, leave hot spot, and wifi where battery is, move battery far left.]

OK Aug, enough talk already let's see the new version for the Storm2!
    12-19-09 07:30 PM

Ok, so here we go... the issues I was having with making the theme 5.0 compliant were issue inhereted from upgrading 4.7 files... if I had started fresh, it wouldn't have been an issue - I don't think. Or, perhaps the issues were just that I was trying to do things the 4.7 way, and I wasn't thinking in the 5.0 ways. No longer an issue though

There is and will be NO dial pad cut off - the struggle with this is that adding in the WIFI icon in a good spot is hard to do with the limited banner size in the APPLICATION list. So, the home screen banner can be as big as we want, and no worries about the dial pad cut-off. But, in the application list, we can ONLY have the top banner, and if we try to make it bigger, it cuts off the dial pad.

Thus, we have an issue: how do we fit in the WIFI icon in the top banner ONLY while not cutting off other icons, and making it consistent with the home screen layout (I really don't like when icons move around from top banner to bottom banner, and try to ONLY do this when necessary (ie, Date and Msgs indicator).

So, I'll just make versions for the S2, knock out the profiles icon, move the battery icon to the far left, and add the WIFI spot in the top left area. Thanks for the suggestion on that guys The profiles icon will still work

Also, the hot spots will work in landscape too, for clock, network, etc.

I hope this clears some stuff up!
    12-19-09 07:41 PM
    The knock off does have clock and manage connections hot spots while in landscape.

Yes, the knock off has the normal profile icon and the WIFI icon is in the bottom dock. BUT, the bottom dock is twice the size of the Elle bottom dock. Which I'm not a huge fan of, I like the way that Elle has the same size docks on top and bottom.

And: Storm2, WB edition, no dial pad cut off.
    No worries, the hot spots will be there in landscape for elle as well in 5.0. It's the default in the new theme suite

The docks will remain consistent in size. If you remember the very early days of this theme, I mentioned how I mathematically sized everything to be proportional, symmetrical, and balanced absolutely as much as possible (I still have all of the math/formulas, sketches, etc. right here on my desk, actually!). It will remain the same - I like things clean, orderly, and balanced. I'm the kind of person willing to put in extra hours and wait a bit longer for the best that I can produce, instead of rushing it out "just to have it," so the quality will remain consistent with previous versions of elle

Glad to hear there's no dial-pad cut off for you - I think we can, at this point, safely say that dial-pad cut off is NOT an issue, it was an isolated freak incident OR a misunderstanding.
    12-19-09 07:45 PM
    OK Aug, enough talk already let's see the new version for the Storm2!
    I'm with ya brother - but keep in mind I only get a limited amount of free time in each of my days (especially around the holiday...). So, I try to keep up with the thread from my BB, and respond on the computer with in-depth messages when I can. But, to actually accomplish anything with the themes, and do it RIGHT, I really require a minimum of 1-2 hours of time to sit down undistracted and uninterrupted to get to do work. Right now, for example, I knew I had about 10 minutes - enough time to post up here and answer questions/spitball ideas, but NOT enough time to do anything development wise other than boot up the dev. machine and get the environment opened up... not to actually do/test anything though

No worries, I promised elle by Christmas for S1, and I'm really planning on getting it done for S2 by the same time... No promises though
    12-19-09 07:47 PM
    No promises though
    I was excited until I saw this part of the statement.
    12-19-09 08:12 PM
    Thanks, Mike. We focused a lot on my work ethic, so hopefully that's a recognized strong point from the interviewing. The reason I'm trying not to get too optimistic is because all of the people who interviewed me were grads of ivy league schools. Coming from a small school like Otterbein... I'm not so sure We'll see though - and worst case scenario, I seriously learned a lot and got some good experience!
    You would be surprised what employers are looking for....It isn't always the pedigree. You should have sent them here for references!

On shift again tonite. I'll be monitoring the thread after the Steelers lose number 6.
    12-20-09 08:44 AM
    I'm with ya brother - but keep in mind I only get a limited amount of free time in each of my days (especially around the holiday...). So, I try to keep up with the thread from my BB, and respond on the computer with in-depth messages when I can. But, to actually accomplish anything with the themes, and do it RIGHT, I really require a minimum of 1-2 hours of time to sit down undistracted and uninterrupted to get to do work. Right now, for example, I knew I had about 10 minutes - enough time to post up here and answer questions/spitball ideas, but NOT enough time to do anything development wise other than boot up the dev. machine and get the environment opened up... not to actually do/test anything though

No worries, I promised elle by Christmas for S1, and I'm really planning on getting it done for S2 by the same time... No promises though
    Already schedule slip? I suppose your gonna be overbudget too!
    BTW I want 600 more changes to ELLE and ELLE 2 by Christmas!

Just getting you prepared for your future....
    12-20-09 08:54 AM
    Aug,

Got my memory leak fixed...

Let you know how I did it tonite.

Mike
    12-20-09 08:55 AM
    Ahhhh where's my post from last night? Anyways, Cliff's Notes:

For the S2 WIFI icon, is that something you can customize? Maybe instead of the gray/white text icon, use a red/green dot to signify the on/off status? Just a thought...I'm an S1-er

That said, I love my sound profiles hotspot. I'm still using Miro2, and that's my only issue with that theme. And it looks like you plan to keep that intact for S1, but my suggestion above was to possibly help do the same for the S2 version.

Also, I don't use the Messages button, so I would love to see that replaced with the SMS/MMS...for the WB/QL version at least.

Nice work, and I've reviewed your last 15 pages or havoc, so it's nice to see that you've made some headway. Eagerly anticipating...
    12-20-09 12:13 PM
1,521 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD