View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Ya thanks. Truly looking forward to the update on this one. Honestly - I'm still stuck to the original on my new S2 as the others are great but I can't find any that I truly like except elle. Great work, I must give you that!

Also - I'm sure there is nothing that can be done about this but 5.0 themes seem to cut off the dialpad on the phone. Anyway you could avoid that - if at all possible?

That dialpad cutoff... it's an annoying issue, and something I spent a lot of time being sure to avoid with this theme - but I'm having trouble fitting everything in the top banners, with the WIFI info for S2 users.

If I was just developing for S1 users, there'd be no issue... but seeing as how there are a lot of S2 users, and they need the WIFI stuff in there too, there is almost no room in the banner as I have it. So, to add the WIFI stuff in, I've got to increase the size of the top banner, which makes the dialpad cut off, which drives me INSANE (seriously, that's one of the reasons I even got into theme development - so sick of other themes with dialpad cutoff).

This is the sort of issue that is driving me nuts on this update...
    12-04-09 10:45 PM
    I tried the QL version, but went back to the WB + MB version because I set my QL to the side button.
    I used to have my QL on the left-side button too, but then I started using it for the Virtual Keyboard, and loved it like that. Haven't gone back since. To each his (or her!) own I guess!
    12-04-09 10:46 PM
    LOVE this theme ! My favorite hands down. Few little points. The GPS symbol slightly overlaps with the edge icon. Its not 5.0compatible(minor). In the weatherbug edition having the weather slot right under the clock woud make it a little more symmetrical.
    Keep up the good work. Top class stuff!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 11:09 PM
    LOVE this theme ! My favorite hands down. Few little points. The GPS symbol slightly overlaps with the edge icon. Its not 5.0compatible(minor). In the weatherbug edition having the weather slot right under the clock woud make it a little more symmetrical.
    Keep up the good work. Top class stuff!

Glad you like it, teostar!

Thanks for taking the time to give some feedback The GPS symbol might overlap the edge icon - if so, I was unaware. I'm guessing you're on a GSM network, is that right? I'm on Verizon (CDMA), so I don't have the EDGE icon. Although, it did say EDGE in one leaked OS, and I didn't remember a problem. That's weird though!

The 5.0 compatibility is coming (slowly, tediously, painfully... you get the point!).

I actually "toyed" with the WB icon slot (OCD slot, as some call it) being in the middle early on. I agree with you - it does seem more symmetrical... but... when I tried it there, it was so awkward I moved it immediately. That was before I even had this thing online, and when there was only one version of it. Man, those were the days - tweaks were so easy back then!

Again, thanks for the input and I'm glad you like it!
    12-04-09 11:30 PM
    Thanx man. Lemmi know if u want a tester. And yes I'm on a gsm network. Great work.

12-05-09 11:50 AM
    The WB edition would look horrible with the icon under the clock. As for the wifi name, that could be a tough fix for you. It wouldn't bother me if it didn't even show on the home screen. I don't need it to tell me what wifi I just connected it to.

12-05-09 01:07 PM
    That dialpad cutoff... it's an annoying issue, and something I spent a lot of time being sure to avoid with this theme - but I'm having trouble fitting everything in the top banners, with the WIFI info for S2 users.

If I was just developing for S1 users, there'd be no issue... but seeing as how there are a lot of S2 users, and they need the WIFI stuff in there too, there is almost no room in the banner as I have it. So, to add the WIFI stuff in, I've got to increase the size of the top banner, which makes the dialpad cut off, which drives me INSANE (seriously, that's one of the reasons I even got into theme development - so sick of other themes with dialpad cutoff).

This is the sort of issue that is driving me nuts on this update...
    I couldn't agree less. I also recently downloaded the needed material to make themes so am just waiting until after Christmas and then I'll get to work on those. I have sort of OCD like that - I just can't have a theme on my phone where something like the dialpad is cut off - it really is annoying as anything.
    If you figure out how to get rid of that let me know! BTW - what if you put the wifi banner at the bottom rather than the top? You think that may help?
    12-05-09 05:01 PM
    I couldn't agree less. I also recently downloaded the needed material to make themes so am just waiting until after Christmas and then I'll get to work on those. I have sort of OCD like that - I just can't have a theme on my phone where something like the dialpad is cut off - it really is annoying as anything.
    If you figure out how to get rid of that let me know! BTW - what if you put the wifi banner at the bottom rather than the top? You think that may help?
    Do you mean you couldn't agree more? Or did I misunderstand you? To me, it read as if you DID agree with me (the commend about you being OCD and not liking the cutoff made me think you agreed).

Generally, the dial pad cutoff is not an OS issue, but a theme specific issue - that has to do with developers making the banner size too large, which pushes the dial pad down, so that it gets cut off. Haven't ben able to test yet, because still unable to export because of annoying SVG errors.

If I put the wifi info at the bottom of the screen, it would overlap the date/messages info banner. Or, that bottom banner would be doubled in height to accommodate all of the info. This might look DECENT (at best) on S2 devices when connected to WIFI, but on S1 devices (and S2 devices NOT connected to WIFI), the huge banner at the bottom would look horridly unfilled. This is truly a dilemma. I really don't see a way around this. Still trying to be creative, but there doesn't seem to be a solution.

It's already a huge struggle trying to fit the "WIFI" icon into the banner. Now, adding that damn SSID (network name) in there as well? I mean, that's a LOT to add.

Got to admit, I'm feeling kind of discouraged right now. You could probably tell that from this post though.
    12-05-09 10:41 PM
    Do you mean you couldn't agree more? Or did I misunderstand you? To me, it read as if you DID agree with me (the commend about you being OCD and not liking the cutoff made me think you agreed).

Generally, the dial pad cutoff is not an OS issue, but a theme specific issue - that has to do with developers making the banner size too large, which pushes the dial pad down, so that it gets cut off. Haven't ben able to test yet, because still unable to export because of annoying SVG errors.

If I put the wifi info at the bottom of the screen, it would overlap the date/messages info banner. Or, that bottom banner would be doubled in height to accommodate all of the info. This might look DECENT (at best) on S2 devices when connected to WIFI, but on S1 devices (and S2 devices NOT connected to WIFI), the huge banner at the bottom would look horridly unfilled. This is truly a dilemma. I really don't see a way around this. Still trying to be creative, but there doesn't seem to be a solution.

It's already a huge struggle trying to fit the "WIFI" icon into the banner. Now, adding that damn SSID (network name) in there as well? I mean, that's a LOT to add.

Got to admit, I'm feeling kind of discouraged right now. You could probably tell that from this post though.
    LOL! Ya I meant more not less. Haha - ya I haven't slept for days now...
    I'll post any ideas I may think of on fixing this issue - but ya your point is correct on how on the S1 it will look horrible.
    I guess what's best is to just do it with the cut off - and over time something will pop up that will allow you to fix it... just my 2 cents.
    12-06-09 12:03 AM
    I am hoping to see more support for the all in one quicklaunch, meterberry, weather edition. I feel this would give us all the best features of the elle theme.
    12-06-09 08:13 AM
    I'm a bit confused about this theme release you have on the first page of this post. Is that OTA ok to use with 5.0.328 on S1 or you're working on the new revision of the OTA packages to be compatible? I wasn't sure if you already did that and are currently focusing on S2 right now.

12-06-09 02:33 PM
    I'm a bit confused about this theme release you have on the first page of this post. Is that OTA ok to use with 5.0.328 on S1 or you're working on the new revision of the OTA packages to be compatible? I wasn't sure if you already did that and are currently focusing on S2 right now.

Right now, the theme hasn't been updated for a bit - it will work flawlessly on a Storm1 on a pre-5.0 OS.

It will work great on a Storm1 on a 5.0+ OS (this is my setup). The only issue you'll encounter is white vertical bars (one on the left, one on the right) when you hold the phone in landscape in the app list screen.

It will work the same on a Storm2, but the WIFI stuff won't be aligned perfectly.

Hope that helps ya! All download links are safe - try em out and if ya like them, great, if not, no big, try it out again after the 5.0 update
    12-06-09 02:48 PM
    Guess I'll stand in line for the 5.0 release :-) the white bars are showing when I switch to landscape even with the 5.0.328 OS I have now. Thanks for the clarification.

12-06-09 02:59 PM
    If you're interested, there is a fix - has to be done whenever you reboot your phone though. Read through the thread for it if you're interested (within last couple of pages)!
    12-06-09 03:03 PM
    Ok found it! Page 76 under Maddie's post for those who are scanning the threads for this tip on getting white bars off the landscape mode. Thanks Aug0211 for pointing me at the right direction :-) Happy Holidays!

12-06-09 03:19 PM
    just got the theme today and LOVE it. i barely use in landscape so the white bars aren't too bothersome...though i did try the quick fix and it didn't work for me??? not much of a theme person, but will stick with this when the 5.0 update and white bars are fixed, you've got my donation as soon as that happens, will keep an eye on this thread/theme...so far it's the only one i've loved for my s2!!
    12-06-09 03:50 PM
    How's it goin Aug... Haven't seen an update in the last few days so figured I'd check in. Hoping maybe the time off from posting has given you some time to focus on the 5.0 update.

Love the theme and can't wait till it's updated!
    12-10-09 01:35 PM
    ok, i don't feel like looking through 83 pages so I'm just going to ask.

Do any of these have hidden today? It doesn't appear so but I thought I would ask.
    12-10-09 01:50 PM

Do any of these have hidden today? It doesn't appear so but I thought I would ask.
    yes they do. i think all of them do.
    12-10-09 05:03 PM

Yes all of them do. First page last pic by Aug under general theme features says all of them have hidden today.
    12-11-09 02:29 AM
    Yes all of them do. First page last pic by Aug under general theme features says all of them have hidden today.
    Oops

ok, I see it. I looked over that site three times and didn't see it.
    12-11-09 09:16 AM
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for being patient, and helping out those coming to the thread with questions.

Yes, I have been working on the theme... Frustrating as always. I'm actually exporting to my device for testing right now...

Guys... I really don't know how I'm going to handle this S2 stuff... the WIFI is killer. There simply isn't room for the WIFI stuff to fit into the theme. At a loss for that right now.

Phone just booted, same issues as always. The SVG cannot be compiled. No clue what's going on. So when I export the theme, it's as if there is no home screen. All there is are icons, like on the application list screen. Time for another try
    12-11-09 10:48 AM
    Scrapping it, starting from scratch. I think that might be the only way. Totally devastating. Hope I can get it agian.
    12-11-09 10:59 AM
    Well, I tried a simple export, using an SVG that ONLY had the profiles hot spot - success. It worked. I guess I'll try adding each hot spot one at a time and see if I can re-construct the theme
    12-11-09 11:07 AM
    That's what I been meaning to tell you. A lot of the devs that I'm in association with have found themselves having to start projects over, and rebuilding them in the new theme builder. I wish it were easier as it would make it a breeze to port themes over, but (Azzmic) changed way too much stuff around.
    12-11-09 11:46 AM
1,521 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD