View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    That would be sick to have an update by X-mas, prolly the best present ever! I'm so tired of using the stock Zen theme, can't find anything that compares to Elle. Best theme around, hands down!
    Haha, thanks TK! I can think of a few things I'd really like, but honestly, getting this update done will be a GREAT feeling of accomplishment. It's giving me more trouble than creating the theme ever did in the first place!

To each his own, but you might consider using elle right now even with the white-bar issue. The fix isn't really a big deal, depending on how often you reboot. In all honesty, I don't even do the fix anymore lol. I don't use my phone in landscape too much. I know everyone uses the devices differently though
    12-02-09 09:35 AM
    I voted classic. No need to update the weather/meterberry versions until rim releases an OS update for the whole updating icons on the home screen thing. Great theme btw.
    Thanks for the input! I know it's been pointed out, but the icons actually do update just fine on the S1 currently. Additionally, there could be S2 users who use "static" icons on the home screen - I don't myself, but you never know, somebody may!
    12-02-09 09:37 AM
    um storm 1 OS work just fine so yes they do need updated
    No worries man, I'm with ya. Don't forget, I'm a Storm1 owner myself - so we're in the same boat
    12-02-09 09:38 AM
    Thanks! It looks like Classic has the slight advantage, it's really interesting for me to see which theme gets the most use!
    There may be others like me for whom Weatherbug and Meterberry sections are the "big deal", and we would happily take a version with or without the Quicklaunch part (i.e. I would just use a side button for QL if it was not included). As such, you could also look at it as if the WB/MB versions have the most votes!

Of course I would be most excited to have a version with the transparency.
    12-02-09 12:16 PM
    Nice, the WB version is gaining momentum.
    12-02-09 01:00 PM
    LOL, it's amazing how little I actually use the PHONE part of the device! Most of my time is spend messaging in some form!

Anyway, I really need to get on that OS. My OS has a leak in it, and I know it's because I was lazy and just restored all of my data, which always gives me leaks. One day I'll find the time......
    Well that was my second load of .328...Hopefully the 5.0 elle will be out soon.
    I switched to elle and immediately lost 2.5 MB. So there is a leak with 5.0 and third party themes. Hopefully, the rebuild will cure that.
    12-02-09 01:50 PM

To each his own, but you might consider using elle right now even with the white-bar issue. The fix isn't really a big deal, depending on how often you reboot. In all honesty, I don't even do the fix anymore lol. I don't use my phone in landscape too much. I know everyone uses the devices differently though
    If you're using a wallpaper changer (like me) it can be troublesome. I just modified the frequency of the changes to once a day.

mike
    12-02-09 01:56 PM
    No worries man, I'm with ya. Don't forget, I'm a Storm1 owner myself - so we're in the same boat
    Me thinks the OP was reffering to icons on his Storm2
    12-02-09 08:01 PM
    Aug,

Went to Lyr's .328/351 Hybrid tonite. So far, so good...I'll keep yinz posted.

Mike

Jeez, the last 4 posts are mine! I feel like I'm talkin' to myself!
    Last edited by ITF36059; 12-02-09 at 09:10 PM.
    12-02-09 08:03 PM
    Aug I got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is I heard rumors that Verizon is throwing together a BOGO for the droid, this friday.

The bad news is that this friday might be the last with my BB

It's that time again (yearly upgrade). RIM has not been the best to me this past year, although I only had two device replacements. I am just not happy with my Storm anymore.

So if that be the case it was wonderful having you as a theme developer. If you don't mind I would like to give this theme away with my phone when I sell it. I might be able to give you a cut of the deal if I can make off with some good money. So hopefully this isn't an informal goodbye as I still got your number.

To all those who are checking out this theme, I have said it all along and will say it one final time: This is truly the best theme out there. You may think others can compare but in all honesty you can not compete with this theme.

Word of suggestion to ALL who have not donated. Please consider the donors package is a 100% upgrade from the free versions.

Take care everyone, see ya AUG...
    12-02-09 10:27 PM
    Weather Edition--Whats the 5.0 ETA ?
    12-03-09 12:21 AM
    Auggie,

You can save yourself some work work by dropping the QuickLaunch versions. I am using the Weather + MeterBerry Edition with QL as Icon 6 and SMS as Icon 7. Just create three versions: classic, Weather, and Weather+MeterBerry. Anyone that wants QL in the lower-left corner can simply put it in the correct spot (icon 5, 6, or 7).
    12-03-09 12:55 PM
    Auggie,

You can save yourself some work work by dropping the QuickLaunch versions. I am using the Weather + MeterBerry Edition with QL as Icon 6 and SMS as Icon 7. Just create three versions: classic, Weather, and Weather+MeterBerry. Anyone that wants QL in the lower-left corner can simply put it in the correct spot (icon 5, 6, or 7).
    speak for yourself my friend. I love the weather+meterberry+ql and will happily donate when Aug is ready to update it to 5.0 compatibility.
    12-03-09 02:16 PM
    Auggie,

I would agree, this is the setup I have and it works great, plus you always have the option to put QL somewhere else.
    12-03-09 02:17 PM
    This is why you're such a valuable beta tester You guys are the best! Having you all help me test is seriously such a help. I would never have known this issue, until release time, and it would annoyed the heck out of me to re-do it!

Any chance you want to email me some screen shots of the issue so I can see exactly what it is?

Actually, even better, just mail me your Storm2 that way I can do first-hand tests I'll mail you my Storm1 so you're not without a BB. Good deal!

Seriously though, I know your normally my screen shot guy, can you hook me up again!?
    Hey Aug,

I would send you my Storm2 but I don't have your address!

I'll take a screen shot when I get home tonight and post it so you can see the WIFI network name I was talking about.
    12-03-09 02:23 PM
    Auggie,

Agreed, QL versions could be dropped. Go WB!
    12-03-09 05:42 PM
    what's with all the QL hate? I'd love a QL edition update. My app menu icons are set up perfectly. The homescreen's 4 + 12 useful apps keep my app menu static (just the way I like it) with QL reserved for my frequently used apps and shortcuts. I was excited when the poll first started with QL in the #1 spot. Then my hopes slowly diminished with its lead...

Speak for your own editions and leave my poor elleQL alone
    12-03-09 07:38 PM
    Nice theme. I'm using the QL + Weather edition and it's the best theme I've had. Love how simple it is. Also love the spots where my QL and message buttons are.
    12-04-09 10:45 AM
    Def. WB with QL. I need both, at least hoping that WB will start updating on the home screen. If not then I'm left to only QL option since that is a must have.
    Anyhow - could you make a new thread for the 5.0? It would be awesome then we won't have to search through more than 80 pages.
    12-04-09 10:50 AM
    A new thread isn't a bad idea. I'll wait until 5.0 is read to launch though

Don't worry, I don't think I'll get rid of the QL versions. I do agree, it's simple enough to place QL in the appropriate spot, but I really like my app list the way it is, and I'd rather not have QL show up on my app page, I like it tucked away, yet accessible from a hot spot. I'll keep those versions
    12-04-09 12:15 PM
    Uh oh, all tied up now! Let's go WB edition.
    12-04-09 03:25 PM
    +1 for QL + WB edition. i'm using it on my S2 now and love it. Cant wait for 5.0 compatibility!
    12-04-09 03:56 PM
    +1 for QL + WB edition. i'm using it on my S2 now and love it. Cant wait for 5.0 compatibility!
    xxxxxxxxxxxx2!!
    12-04-09 04:12 PM
    A new thread isn't a bad idea. I'll wait until 5.0 is read to launch though

Don't worry, I don't think I'll get rid of the QL versions. I do agree, it's simple enough to place QL in the appropriate spot, but I really like my app list the way it is, and I'd rather not have QL show up on my app page, I like it tucked away, yet accessible from a hot spot. I'll keep those versions
    Ya thanks. Truly looking forward to the update on this one. Honestly - I'm still stuck to the original on my new S2 as the others are great but I can't find any that I truly like except elle. Great work, I must give you that!

Also - I'm sure there is nothing that can be done about this but 5.0 themes seem to cut off the dialpad on the phone. Anyway you could avoid that - if at all possible?
    12-04-09 04:40 PM
    I tried the QL version, but went back to the WB + MB version because I set my QL to the side button.
    12-04-09 09:09 PM
1,521 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD