View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Eagerly waiting for a 5.0 updated donor package with the donor goodies.
    11-19-09 12:01 PM
    Any update on when the updated theme is coming?
    11-21-09 11:49 AM
    What white bars are you guys talking about?
    11-21-09 12:36 PM
    What white bars are you guys talking about?
    White bars in landscape with higher OS builds ie: 5.0.0.328

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 01:15 PM
    White bars in landscape with higher OS builds ie: 5.0.0.328

You mean the ones under the apps highlighting them? That's all I see and that's no big deal to me. Just wondering since I just dl the theme and love it so far.

11-21-09 01:19 PM
    Nevermind. I see them now. Not sure what took so long to show up
    11-21-09 04:01 PM
    This is an amazing looking theme. Havent even downloaded it yet and already got you off a donation. Thanks for the time and effort. Perhaps im blind, but i cant seem to find the OTA link.
    Looking forward to the 5.0 updates!!

NM..found the OTA links...DUH!!!
    Last edited by Moon4Sun; 11-21-09 at 05:20 PM.
    11-21-09 05:18 PM
    Thank you!
    11-21-09 09:07 PM
    Downloaded today and have been using it. Very nice theme. I'm sure you will get white bars taken care of so I donated. Thanks.
    11-21-09 10:49 PM
    Any update on when the updated theme is coming?
    My guess will be Christmas break....after Aug's semester finals.
    11-22-09 10:32 AM
    Hey guys, and recent donors, thanks for the support! Let me know if any of you didn't get my email - I think I've corresponded with most (if not all of you) though, so I think we should all be good.

Just to re-clarify for those who just came into the thread recently, the white bars issue IS a problem with the 4.7 compiled versions of the theme (which would be all versions right now) on the 5.0 operating systems. Once I get the themes recompiled under the Plazmic 5.0 system, we'll be good to go on that front

I've tried messing around in the 5.0 Plazmic suite, and it's pretty nice, but converting from 4.7 isn't as easy as the application makes it SEEM to be. There are tons of errors that pop up when I try to export, not to mention resizing of icons (for example, the Profiles icon is a crazy size, and lots of stuff is out of alignment) which will be very tedious and time consuming (as always!) to fix.

Mike (ITF) is right as usual... my finals are over tomorrow, and then I'll be able to really try to get some hours in on this conversion process, and I'm hoping to get the theme updated by the end of my break (early January) but ideally before Xmas - we'll see how it goes though.

As for the problem with the messages not showing up (for kmflame), I know we emailed a bit but I wanted to follow up with you here too (sorry I missed the post until now!)... I really don't know about that problem - I'm wondering if it is being caused by something else, because I've not seen or heard of it, and it doesn't seem like anyone else in here has either. My only real recommendation would be uninstalling the theme, rebooting the phone, and seeing if the issue is still there. If it's still there, it's probably something else. If it IS still there, it would apear to be the theme (which would really surprise me). Either way, my guess would be that wiping the phone and reinstalling the OS and theme and everything would fix the issue...

Oh - one last thing - Mike - I'm on quarters, not semesters

Ok, got to get to bed, I have to be up early for last-minute studying tomorrow AM!
    11-23-09 12:32 AM
    Hey guys, and recent donors, thanks for the support! Let me know if any of you didn't get my email - I think I've corresponded with most (if not all of you) though, so I think we should all be good.

Just to re-clarify for those who just came into the thread recently, the white bars issue IS a problem with the 4.7 compiled versions of the theme (which would be all versions right now) on the 5.0 operating systems. Once I get the themes recompiled under the Plazmic 5.0 system, we'll be good to go on that front

I've tried messing around in the 5.0 Plazmic suite, and it's pretty nice, but converting from 4.7 isn't as easy as the application makes it SEEM to be. There are tons of errors that pop up when I try to export, not to mention resizing of icons (for example, the Profiles icon is a crazy size, and lots of stuff is out of alignment) which will be very tedious and time consuming (as always!) to fix.

Mike (ITF) is right as usual... my finals are over tomorrow, and then I'll be able to really try to get some hours in on this conversion process, and I'm hoping to get the theme updated by the end of my break (early January) but ideally before Xmas - we'll see how it goes though.

As for the problem with the messages not showing up (for kmflame), I know we emailed a bit but I wanted to follow up with you here too (sorry I missed the post until now!)... I really don't know about that problem - I'm wondering if it is being caused by something else, because I've not seen or heard of it, and it doesn't seem like anyone else in here has either. My only real recommendation would be uninstalling the theme, rebooting the phone, and seeing if the issue is still there. If it's still there, it's probably something else. If it IS still there, it would apear to be the theme (which would really surprise me). Either way, my guess would be that wiping the phone and reinstalling the OS and theme and everything would fix the issue...

Ok, got to get to bed, I have to be up early for last-minute studying tomorrow AM!
    Thanks Aug, yeah, I did that (uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted) and the problem was still here.

I also thought it was an O.S. issue so i did a wipe and reinstalled everything, the problem was still here, it only shows mails, not SMS (and i have the option to show my SMS in messages), so I hope it is a theme issue, if not then i am ****ed .
    11-23-09 01:08 AM

Hey Aug, if you sent out an email to donors, I didn't receive one. I'm a recent donor (about three weeks ago), but didn't receive anything lately. Just wanted to let you know.

KAJ
    11-23-09 07:40 AM
    Mike (ITF) is right as usual...

one last thing - Mike - I'm on quarters, not semesters
    It ain't easy bein' me.......

Back in the day (when dinosuars roamed free) we did trimesters. I never heard of quarters. Good luck on that last final. Hopefully things will settle down and you can get those 5.0 recompiles to us!

Mike
    11-23-09 10:06 AM
    Ok Aug,

Trivia time... How can pick up your barcode from your Avatar?
    I tried scanning it with BB messenger from the scree, but no luck.

Anyone else has the answer to this stoopid question, please chime in.

Mike
    11-23-09 10:15 AM
    I managed to get the link in Aug's avatar using bbm. It did take a while to get the right distance for it to work though.
    11-23-09 12:19 PM
    Thanks Aug, yeah, I did that (uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted) and the problem was still here.

I also thought it was an O.S. issue so i did a wipe and reinstalled everything, the problem was still here, it only shows mails, not SMS (and i have the option to show my SMS in messages), so I hope it is a theme issue, if not then i am f***ed .
    Hmm... do you possibly have a version of the theme that is made for separate inboxes, and your inboxes are combined, or vice-versa (have a combined version of the theme, with inboxes separate)? Really never heard of this one, and it's baffling...
    11-23-09 02:21 PM
    Hey Aug, if you sent out an email to donors, I didn't receive one. I'm a recent donor (about three weeks ago), but didn't receive anything lately. Just wanted to let you know.

KAJ

Wow, 3 weeks is far longer than my typical response time - I'm really sorry! Shoot me a PM or an email with your name and the email address you donated from, and I'll get you added into my donor list immediately. No clue how I missed you, but I feel horrible!!
    11-23-09 02:32 PM
    Ok Aug,

Trivia time... How can pick up your barcode from your Avatar?
    I tried scanning it with BB messenger from the scree, but no luck.

Anyone else has the answer to this stoopid question, please chime in.

Mike
    We're on quarters, which I love, but my college is making the switch to a "university" soon, and also going to semesters at the same time... not until after I'm gone though!

You should be able to scan it from the BBM screen... that's how I did it before when I tested it out, after an awesome user on CB made it up for me
    11-23-09 02:34 PM
    We're on quarters, which I love, but my college is making the switch to a "university" soon, and also going to semesters at the same time... not until after I'm gone though!

You should be able to scan it from the BBM screen... that's how I did it before when I tested it out, after an awesome user on CB made it up for me
    I'm confused...I do the invite contact, scan barcode, now this take awhile... and then BBM asks me if I want to open link. which then place's me on page one of your ELLE thread using BB browse. I s that what's it's supposed to do?
    11-23-09 02:44 PM
    Wow, 3 weeks is far longer than my typical response time - I'm really sorry! Shoot me a PM or an email with your name and the email address you donated from, and I'll get you added into my donor list immediately. No clue how I missed you, but I feel horrible!!
    Well, wait. Did you send an email separate from the email that you send to new donors? Maybe I read your initial message wrong. When I donated, I did receive an email from you a few days later. When I ready your message today, I thought there was a new email that went out within the last few days to everyone on your donor list. If that's the case, I didn't receive that email. But if you were talking about the email that you sent once I donated, then I'm good to go.

KAJ
    11-23-09 02:48 PM
    Hmm... do you possibly have a version of the theme that is made for separate inboxes, and your inboxes are combined, or vice-versa (have a combined version of the theme, with inboxes separate)? Really never heard of this one, and it's baffling...
    The theme I use is WBMBT (WeatherBerry, MetterBerry) and with no separate inboxes (And I have them combined as I can see in the msgs options).

Thanks
    11-23-09 04:28 PM
    The theme I use is WBMBT (WeatherBerry, MetterBerry) and with no separate inboxes (And I have them combined as I can see in the msgs options).

Thanks
    Your setup should be good though - and what's weird is, I just tested it myself, and it works fine for me... not sure what's going on with your device I really don't think it's the theme though
    11-24-09 11:58 AM
    Well, wait. Did you send an email separate from the email that you send to new donors? Maybe I read your initial message wrong. When I donated, I did receive an email from you a few days later. When I ready your message today, I thought there was a new email that went out within the last few days to everyone on your donor list. If that's the case, I didn't receive that email. But if you were talking about the email that you sent once I donated, then I'm good to go.

KAJ
    Nah, my bad, I always confuse people when I do that lol. I just want to make sure I never miss anyone - but I always say it in a confusing way (I think that was a confusing sentence alone lol).

Anyway, you're up to date, you've got everything that's out right now
    11-24-09 11:59 AM
    I'm confused...I do the invite contact, scan barcode, now this take awhile... and then BBM asks me if I want to open link. which then place's me on page one of your ELLE thread using BB browse. I s that what's it's supposed to do?
    That's it
    11-24-09 12:00 PM
1,521 ... 4546474849 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD