View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    This is still by far my favorite theme that I always go back to. Looking forward to the update.
    11-14-09 01:13 PM
    For that work around for the white lines: options/click on display rows to 3 then right away back to 2 --THEN save and all is good. You don't have to change/save/menu/change back.. found out by accident. lol
    Until the next reset ......
    11-14-09 11:43 PM
    For that work around for the white lines: options/click on display rows to 3 then right away back to 2 --THEN save and all is good. You don't have to change/save/menu/change back.. found out by accident. lol
    Do you have to do a BP after you do this?
    11-15-09 01:24 AM
    Do you have to do a BP after you do this?
    no, but you have to re-do it after the phone resets.
    11-15-09 10:17 AM
    Thank You!
    11-15-09 11:03 AM
    This is a pain, but it only takes 3 seconds and its completely worth it for this this theme. I just hope Aug has some time to officially update it to 5.0 compliance. Certainly my favorite theme, by far.
    11-15-09 02:19 PM
    Hey Aug, I also noticed that when I click on the menu button from the main screen or any time when I'm in portrait main menu, I'm getting a double WiFi icon. One is overlapping the battery meter on the top left and the other is overlapping the clock in the top middle. Just FYI
    Having the same issue on the app screen. Regardless, outstanding work. Thanks for sharing this.
    11-15-09 05:52 PM
    I have a couple suggestions for you when your building the 5.0 version of this theme.

1) When your in landscape mode or menu mode, can you have the user set wallpaper the same as the wallpaper in the menu also instead of just plain black? If it's not possible to have the user set wallpaper in there, then how about like a decorative background, for instance if you have seen the Minimal Bold theme the blue fading to black on top. Anything that would add texture or color besides the black makes the menu "pop".
    2) When you turn your BB sideways to landscape mode is it possible to have the same screen as portrait mode until you hit the menu button or one of the hidden screen hot keys. I don't know if I'm explaining that clearly.

Just some suggestions, everything else is absolutely perfect.
    11-15-09 11:08 PM
    Wow am loving this theme! Huge fan of the small status bar across the top!!
    11-16-09 09:00 AM
    Hey Aug, I also noticed that when I click on the menu button from the main screen or any time when I'm in portrait main menu, I'm getting a double WiFi icon. One is overlapping the battery meter on the top left and the other is overlapping the clock in the top middle. Just FYI
    This was covered in the link below, I know this thread is getting long so questions or comments get posted more than once...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/el...ml#post4039090
    11-16-09 02:29 PM
    I have a couple suggestions for you when your building the 5.0 version of this theme.

1) When your in landscape mode or menu mode, can you have the user set wallpaper the same as the wallpaper in the menu also instead of just plain black? If it's not possible to have the user set wallpaper in there, then how about like a decorative background, for instance if you have seen the Minimal Bold theme the blue fading to black on top. Anything that would add texture or color besides the black makes the menu "pop".
    2) When you turn your BB sideways to landscape mode is it possible to have the same screen as portrait mode until you hit the menu button or one of the hidden screen hot keys. I don't know if I'm explaining that clearly.

Just some suggestions, everything else is absolutely perfect.
    I'd have to disagree here. Keeping the background black when turned to landscape or viewing the full menu in portrait would be best. There's nothing worse than an attractive wallpaper that is covered up by all the icons, which is really what this wallpaper is based on actually.
    11-16-09 03:03 PM
    I'd have to disagree here. Keeping the background black when turned to landscape or viewing the full menu in portrait would be best. There's nothing worse than an attractive wallpaper that is covered up by all the icons, which is really what this wallpaper is based on actually.
    i agree...most of the time the backgrounds for the home screen look liek crap when covered with icons. I like very basic or just black backgrounds for the app screen. I do not think this will be user selectable either so until it is an option no need to get fancy since most people will not like that
    11-16-09 04:35 PM
    i agree...most of the time the backgrounds for the home screen look liek crap when covered with icons. I like very basic or just black backgrounds for the app screen. I do not think this will be user selectable either so until it is an option no need to get fancy since most people will not like that
    Okay so maybe not necessarily a wallpaper in the background of the home menu but like a gradient solid color. Perhaps black on the top fading into dark gray on the bottom or something like that.

Also, I kind of like a little translucent black background when you hit the menu button to pull up your options in applications like messages, sms/mms, or any folder. Not a really big transperancy but maybe like 90% black instead of 100% black. What you guys think?

To be honest though I don't care either way, I love this theme the way it is and I'm checking this forum at least 4 or 5 times a day waiting for 5.0. The stuff above would just be icing on the cake. Regardless of what Aug does I'm still a huge fan
    11-17-09 12:28 AM
    Just to let all know , this will not work on a s2 with 5.0 white bars and memory leak.Wish it did though
    11-17-09 12:38 AM
    Just to let all know , this will not work on a s2 with 5.0 white bars and memory leak.Wish it did though
    Just to let you know........I have been using it on S2 since day 1. Works great-and absolutely no memory leak. An update will get rid of the white bars...that is what we are waiting on here.
    11-17-09 01:11 AM
    Just to let you know........I have been using it on S2 since day 1. Works great-and absolutely no memory leak. An update will get rid of the white bars...that is what we are waiting on here.
    I'm on the same page as you. Great & No Memory Leaks. We just to all wait for the update.
    11-17-09 01:38 AM
    Quick question, hope this has not been asked before, if so I apologize.

I just installed 5.0 and it works great, really I love the new threated msgs, but that is exactly what is giving me problems.

When I get a SMS and i click in the part where the sms and mails "previews" I do not get anything, I can only see the mails, tried changing the options to see the SMS also in Messages but it did not work .

Hope ya guys can help me

Thanks!!
    11-17-09 04:23 PM
    Wow. A third party theme that doesn't bury all of my third party apps upon install! Hahahaaha

Ahhh gd white bars! Ok, I'll wait for an update...
    Last edited by ChezDigital; 11-17-09 at 05:38 PM.
    11-17-09 05:34 PM
    Nobody knows?
    11-18-09 08:49 PM
    it works fine for me when I went into messages-options-gemeral options-sms and emails-combined. I receive both in my one message box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 10:25 PM
    it works fine for me when I went into messages-options-gemeral options-sms and emails-combined. I receive both in my one message box.

Are you using OS 5.0? I go to messages, then options, then general options but I can not find sms and emails combined :S
    11-18-09 10:33 PM
    Are you using OS 5.0? I go to messages, then options, then general options but I can not find sms and emails combined :S
    yeah I do. I have the S2. 5.0.0.320. On mine its the 8th option once your in messages-general options. Its directly under "Hide sent messages" and above "separators". Mine's set to separate because I don't like them combined but when I changed the option to combined I got all my sms/mms and emails from the main screen by clicking on the bottom right corner
    11-19-09 12:56 AM
    are the download links dead?

i tried all of them but they all are telling me page not found
    11-19-09 02:05 AM
    are the download links dead?

i tried all of them but they all are telling me page not found
    They still work for me. They are all OTA links so make sure you access them from your berry.

11-19-09 03:17 AM
    yeah I do. I have the S2. 5.0.0.320. On mine its the 8th option once your in messages-general options. Its directly under "Hide sent messages" and above "separators". Mine's set to separate because I don't like them combined but when I changed the option to combined I got all my sms/mms and emails from the main screen by clicking on the bottom right corner
    Trust me, on mine i have "Hide sent messages" and then "Separators"
    11-19-09 11:17 AM
1,521 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD