View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    I havent had Bing pushed to me, but I too have a memory leak.. I only keep the core apps running (ones that dont close out), and it 'appears' like my memory leaks more while elle is active

i havent deleted it.. going to do a 6 hr test with each theme to see if theres a difference
    Trust me, I don't want to say we know more than you or anything, but this theme has been around for a while, there were 2 leaky versions in the beta, those issues were isolated and fixed, every version is stabled, tested and true, over like 4 or 5 months lol. If there is a leak, it is NOT from elle, I promise.... Likely a corrupted data restore, especially if there are no other active apps.
    11-09-09 10:50 PM
    Aug it good to see that you are doing ok.

We missed you.

The elle theme is also working great on the Storm2.

I will keep you posted on long term using
    Thanks, tflax! Hope you're loving that Storm2! I'm still on Storm1 Anyway, hopefully by Xmas (sometime over my break, anyway), I'll have all versions of elle recompiled and ready to release under the new 5.0 plazmic and also fix the Storm2 wifi icon issue (that's going to be hard - to find a place to put it)!
    11-09-09 10:52 PM
    This theme is absolutely great, never used another one on my Storm after finding it. That being said, I immediately got it on my Storm2 when it arrived. I'm sure all the issues have been addressed and I actually read through a bunch of the recent pages. The white bars, the double up and random placement of the wifi icon, no "media" folder which causes issues with QL. I had to personally switch back to the stock theme until these can be ironed out, as much as I dread it. This is a great theme and I will continue to recommend. Hope to see an update soon.
    Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, the wifi icon is because this theme was developed well before the Storm2 was released, and most theme developers (myself included) knew our device (Storm 9500 and 9530) did not have wifi, thus that icon could be put wherever, as it would never show up. Now that the theme is being used on a device other than what it was developed for, that's an issue. I'll work that out in the next release of the theme suite though The "media" folder issue is attributed to the Plazmic 4.7 I believe, as the media folder was introduced in OS 5.0, which we know introduced compatibility issues (stretched phone app in-call buttons, white bars, media folder...) in the 4.7 themes. Glad you like the theme and recommend it! I want to get this update done over my Xmas break, so look for it around then!
    11-09-09 10:55 PM
    Thanks for creating my favorite theme! I actually use the free version over the additional ones (I donated!) because I like having the larger hitboxes on the clock and all that.
    I understand this! The next wave (release) of the theme suite is actually going to have a minor tweak, giving a slight compromise (mathematical average of the free and donor version hot spot sizes for top and bottom rows). I tested this out one a while back, and I really think it was the "sweet spot" for sizes

Thanks for your support too, and that feedback is valuable! Definitely reassures me that the average of the two sizes is a good idea!
    11-09-09 10:56 PM
    TheKid23 I also see the same issues on my Storm2 but using it is worth the little quirks. I have also noticed that while being on a call both on my Storm & Storm2 the call screen the icons are pixelated and choppy. Has anyone seen this too?

I will still use this theme as it is the best theme out there and will wait until Aug makes the changes to fix the quirks.
    I'm flattered once again tflax!

That distortion you're seeing is from the 5.0 operating system, it is also present on the Storm1. If you run the default theme on Storm1 or Storm2 under a 5.0 OS, you will notice those buttons are MUCH smaller. The theme (built in Plazmic 4.7) still uses the larger buttons. At one point, I tried to force smaller button sizes so that it would look better under 5.0 OSs even when developed with Plazmic 4.7, but 4.7 just stretched those smaller images and made it look even WORSE.

Hopefully, this new Plazmic 5.0 will actually solve this issue for us under all 5.0 devices (Storm1 and Storm2 both, as it is a current issue (annoyance!) in both).

Thanks for pointing that out, I actually noticed it but I don't know if many other people did (?).
    11-09-09 10:59 PM
    I am gonna test it again, I love this theme, I did a wipe handheld and only installed weather bug, blackberry app, and Facebook, now gonna retest this theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

==Update==
    Okay so i reinstalled it and so far it is okay, i think it might be google talk that is draining the memory, does anyone else have that issue with this setup. Let me know if this is a known thing.

==Update 2==
    After having a steady memory lead for the last few hours and the only new app installed i the crackberry launcher, i uninstalled that, and so far holding steady and working like a dream. Now i can spend the time to move my icons and get it the say I want it. Man I love this theme. Keep up the good work.

Haha thanks man! Glad your memory is good now! I have a horrible leak right now, and I'm down to like 15 mb. Not from elle, but a corrupted restoration of data. I need to reload my OS, I just don't know when I'll have the time to!
    11-09-09 11:00 PM
    Aug- I bought this theme when it first came out and since then bought about a dozen or so more.........none of them stay on my phone for more than a few hours and I am right back to this one. You did a great job on this and IMO it is the best theme out there right now!! I have the issues with the while lines too- but the fix is quick and only comes after a battery pull and since with Storm 2 that is almost NEVER......it is not much of a problem.
    I never had any memory leak or anything with this either!! Thanks alot for a great job!
    Hey Maddie! Of course I remember you - you were one of my first (first?) donors!

Glad you're still enjoying it as much as you were in its early days. I'm going to try to get the next version out over Christmas break, but being a donor, you'll get the email notifying you of course. Glad you got your hands on a Storm2, and hopefully I can work out that annoying wifi icon - not sure where I'm going to hide it right now... but I'm sure we'll find a good solution to it!

Keep in touch!
    11-09-09 11:01 PM
    Great theme...i just had a question. Not sure if this was addressed so I apologise.

I am running your basic theme for QL.

Right now I am connected with my wifi at home. In Landscape mode, on the top banner I get 2 wifi icons. one on the left side of the time, where I believe it should be.

The other icon is sitting on the right side of the battery icon. I see the last 3 bars of the battery then the wifi icon. I just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Thanks
    Thanks Myth! You're right, there are definitely some issues with this wifi icon!

The theme was actually developer for the Storm1, before the Storm2 was a reality.

Now that wifi is actually on the Storm2, I need to re-think some of the layout, so that when the wifi icon(s?) show up, they're actually where they should be!

Thanks for pointing this out, and your patience while I work out the kinks in making this theme Storm2 friendly!
    11-09-09 11:14 PM
    Does this work with OS 5.0? I didn't see a mention of it anywhere.

This will work with 5.0 Read around the thread for more details/user comments on it if ya' like
    11-09-09 11:15 PM
    5.0 Theme Development available now

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Would love to see a 5.0 update for elle. My favorite theme by far and the only one I use. Will donate again.
    Thanks xeroslash, I really appreciate it. Looking around Plazmic right now a little bit, there is some new stuff, this should work out nicely (eventually)
    11-09-09 11:17 PM
    Ok, just so everyone knows: just fired up the new plazmic, tried loading in one of our old themes, and realized that some files I had created (images) are now gone off of my computer, JOY!

I'll be needing to reconstruct some source images used... that takes time, and is tedious.

Beyond that, some of the new stuff in Plazmic is begging to be implemented, and it's going to add a lot of time here. Beyond that, there are also some (new) bugs - or at least conversion bugs that I found from trying to load one of our themes up.

The good news? White bars are gone Media folder is there and fixed Still no dial pad cutoff that I'm seeing A couple of nice new things I can do that I already see (nothing major, don't get too excited!)

The immediately visible bad? For some reason, I'm still getting slightly-stretched phone images in the active call screen (Speaker, Mute, Flash/Hold, Add Participant). Not sure why, I've tried setting them all to default and everything, but they're still coming through as large, stretched images.

Anyway, for the 30 minutes that I was able to spare tonight to poke around a bit, I'm pretty optimistic, for the most part. The only thing that stinks is it's going to take a lot more time to re-create some of the files I was losing that I lost, but all-in-all I think everything will turn out as the best yet for BOTH Storm1 and Storm2 devices!!
    11-09-09 11:35 PM
    Ok, just so everyone knows: just fired up the new plazmic, tried loading in one of our old themes, and realized that some files I had created (images) are now gone off of my computer, JOY!

I'll be needing to reconstruct some source images used... that takes time, and is tedious.

Beyond that, some of the new stuff in Plazmic is begging to be implemented, and it's going to add a lot of time here. Beyond that, there are also some (new) bugs - or at least conversion bugs that I found from trying to load one of our themes up.

The good news? White bars are gone Media folder is there and fixed Still no dial pad cutoff that I'm seeing A couple of nice new things I can do that I already see (nothing major, don't get too excited!)

The immediately visible bad? For some reason, I'm still getting slightly-stretched phone images in the active call screen (Speaker, Mute, Flash/Hold, Add Participant). Not sure why, I've tried setting them all to default and everything, but they're still coming through as large, stretched images.

Anyway, for the 30 minutes that I was able to spare tonight to poke around a bit, I'm pretty optimistic, for the most part. The only thing that stinks is it's going to take a lot more time to re-create some of the files I was losing that I lost, but all-in-all I think everything will turn out as the best yet for BOTH Storm1 and Storm2 devices!!
    Man I can't wait. This is my favorite Theme!!! You do a great job. Keep up the good work.
    11-10-09 10:34 AM
    Eagerly awaiting the new versions. Sounds like I will be getting my Storm 2, available for an upgrade on the 16th, I can't wait, a Storm 2 and my favorite theme will work!! Plus Aug will be getting another donation!!
    11-10-09 11:40 AM
    Auggie,

Still the only theme I use on my original Storm...look forward to your enhancements and have my donation ready for you! Still by far, the BEST Storm theme available! Thanks for all your hard work.

Kevin
    11-10-09 06:40 PM

Aug,

Thanks for taking a some time to look at the new plasmic release for the 5.0 OS's even with your busy schedule.

I'm looking forward to getting a refresh of the elle theme, it's the only them I will use on my Storm2. Keep up the good work!

Take your time as "Good things come to those who wait!"
    11-11-09 02:22 AM
    Thank you, Aug!! Even when I had a Curve, I really admired your elle themes, and couldn't wait to get a Storm to run them. Now that I have a Storm2, I'm anxiously awaiting the update to be able to run these themes!

Keep us posted.

I do have one request for the update: Can you do a Hidden Today Calendar entry? It would still leave the clean simple look of the theme, but allow quick access to Calendar entries. I use my Calendar extensively and rely on the today menu to be able to quickly glance at my home screen and see my upcoming appointments.

Thanks, Aug!
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 11-11-09 at 04:48 AM.
    11-11-09 04:41 AM
    The elle classic has been my favorite theme and can't wait for your updates for the Storm 2! Thanks Aug!

11-12-09 08:20 PM
    Thank you, Aug!! Even when I had a Curve, I really admired your elle themes, and couldn't wait to get a Storm to run them. Now that I have a Storm2, I'm anxiously awaiting the update to be able to run these themes!

Keep us posted.

I do have one request for the update: Can you do a Hidden Today Calendar entry? It would still leave the clean simple look of the theme, but allow quick access to Calendar entries. I use my Calendar extensively and rely on the today menu to be able to quickly glance at my home screen and see my upcoming appointments.

Thanks, Aug!
    Always glad to meet a new fan! I might be confused, but the themes are already enabled for Hidden Today Calendars! Just touch the Calendar hot spot at the bottom of the screen (where the date is), and it'll show upcoming appointments.

In fact, the donor versions have an enhancement that really makes this work quite nicely

Let me know if I misunderstood you!
    11-12-09 08:54 PM
    The elle classic has been my favorite theme and can't wait for your updates for the Storm 2! Thanks Aug!

Thanks! Sadly, I haven't gotten to look at it again since that last post, a few above this one. Been busy with school again

Anyway, anyone want to get me a Storm2 so I maybe have a huge motivational boost to work on that instead of homework?
    11-12-09 08:55 PM
    aug i just emailed you thinking that no one still talked in this post.....well i guess they still do. Your theme is one of a kind that i still use. even if i have to do the fix.
    11-13-09 12:48 PM
    aug i just emailed you thinking that no one still talked in this post.....well i guess they still do. Your theme is one of a kind that i still use. even if i have to do the fix.
    I too keep using this theme! Would love to get rid of the white lines though. That being said- I have tried tons of other themes and keep coming back to this one!
    11-13-09 01:55 PM
    Hey Aug0211, I just got a storm2 from the tour and I was looking at themes for hours and yours is my fav by far. I love my wallpapers and I want everything a click away without home screen clutter. With all the theme options available that work with the 5.0, I'm still sticking with the Elle, white bars and all. I can't wait until you get this theme compatible with the storm2. Screw your homework and get cracking on this!!!!
    11-13-09 06:50 PM
    hey guys, there is a simple fix for the white bars until Aug has time to fix it. This if for the S2, but it also works on S1. when you are on the home screen, press the blackberry button twice to bring up the menu. Click options and change the number of dispaly row to 3 and save. Then click the blackberry button twice and go back to the options menu and change the display rows back to 2. You should be all set. It's a work around, but we want Aug to fix it when he has some free time.

This is still the best theme!!!
    11-13-09 08:06 PM
    Hey Aug, I also noticed that when I click on the menu button from the main screen or any time when I'm in portrait main menu, I'm getting a double WiFi icon. One is overlapping the battery meter on the top left and the other is overlapping the clock in the top middle. Just FYI
    11-13-09 08:22 PM
    hey guys, there is a simple fix for the white bars until Aug has time to fix it. This if for the S2, but it also works on S1. when you are on the home screen, press the blackberry button twice to bring up the menu. Click options and change the number of dispaly row to 3 and save. Then click the blackberry button twice and go back to the options menu and change the display rows back to 2. You should be all set. It's a work around, but we want Aug to fix it when he has some free time.

This is still the best theme!!!
    For that work around for the white lines: options/click on display rows to 3 then right away back to 2 --THEN save and all is good. You don't have to change/save/menu/change back.. found out by accident. lol
    11-13-09 08:55 PM
1,521 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD