View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Thanks guys! Was hoping to get something done since my last post, but I honestly haven't Just been doing homework this whole time. Whatever It's just a matter of time until I get some free time to do something though.

To anyone who has donated and for one reason or another doesn't have their donor files: send me an email and I'll get you set up! PM's are OK, but they really do take me a lot longer to respond to, so emails are the best!
    great art takes time

looking forward for the next one auggie
    11-03-09 11:59 AM
    Here is a my memory log with the new official .328 and the donor WBMBT theme :|: elle :|: If anybody was wondering about memory leak I think this will answer your questions

11-03-09 02:04 PM
    This is my new favorite theme, only thing I have noticed is it keeps giving me a ghost new email message and there seems to he a memory leak. But I don't kind doing a battery pull a couple times a day. Keep up the good work and can't wait till the new plazmic comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 05:53 PM
    Here is a my memory log with the new official .328 and the donor WBMBT theme :|: elle :|: If anybody was wondering about memory leak I think this will answer your questions

So if i donate it is a different theme than the free one? if this is so i will donate on friday. I love this theme, and like i said in my last post keep up the good work. It Rules, and it is in my top three.
    11-03-09 09:47 PM
    So if i donate it is a different theme than the free one? if this is so i will donate on friday. I love this theme, and like i said in my last post keep up the good work. It Rules, and it is in my top three.
    Yes, if you donate you will get a donor package from Aug that has a few different versions of the free themes! They are slightly different than the free ones with a few more bells and whistles. But if you are having memory leak it sounds like it might be an installed app. and not the theme.
    11-04-09 08:57 AM
    Yes, if you donate you will get a donor package from Aug that has a few different versions of the free themes! They are slightly different than the free ones with a few more bells and whistles. But if you are having memory leak it sounds like it might be an installed app. and not the theme.

I thought that too, so today i am going to do a wipe hand held and step by step install the apps using this sweet theme.
    11-04-09 10:45 AM
    Just FYI, I installed the new "Bing" App that was pushed to my Storm from Verizon, and my Storm started losing memory within an hour.
    11-04-09 11:20 AM
    Thx for the updated log, CB! Memory looks good! It is so hard because so many people think themes leak, when in reality, it is likely something else (I'm thinking corrupted backups are the main culprits these days) that's leaking, since we've pretty much proven this entire theme suite to be stable at this point.

Anyway, I saw that Bing app get pushed, didn't install it though... Not so interested really!

As far as those ghost notifications go, that's odd, you shouldn't be getting that... Not sure what's going on there, but I don't think that's a widespread issue with the theme. Anyone else experiencing that?
    11-04-09 01:31 PM
    Uninstalled the Bing app, and after a reset the memory is holding stable again.

I guess they don't care about any issues you may have when they push apps. to your phone!
    11-04-09 05:58 PM
    I havent had Bing pushed to me, but I too have a memory leak.. I only keep the core apps running (ones that dont close out), and it 'appears' like my memory leaks more while elle is active

i havent deleted it.. going to do a 6 hr test with each theme to see if theres a difference
    11-04-09 08:12 PM
    Aug it good to see that you are doing ok.

We missed you.

The elle theme is also working great on the Storm2.

I will keep you posted on long term using
    11-05-09 03:05 AM
    This theme is absolutely great, never used another one on my Storm after finding it. That being said, I immediately got it on my Storm2 when it arrived. I'm sure all the issues have been addressed and I actually read through a bunch of the recent pages. The white bars, the double up and random placement of the wifi icon, no "media" folder which causes issues with QL. I had to personally switch back to the stock theme until these can be ironed out, as much as I dread it. This is a great theme and I will continue to recommend. Hope to see an update soon.
    11-05-09 04:41 PM
    Thanks for creating my favorite theme! I actually use the free version over the additional ones (I donated!) because I like having the larger hitboxes on the clock and all that.
    11-06-09 09:56 AM
    This theme is absolutely great, never used another one on my Storm after finding it. That being said, I immediately got it on my Storm2 when it arrived. I'm sure all the issues have been addressed and I actually read through a bunch of the recent pages. The white bars, the double up and random placement of the wifi icon, no "media" folder which causes issues with QL. I had to personally switch back to the stock theme until these can be ironed out, as much as I dread it. This is a great theme and I will continue to recommend. Hope to see an update soon.
    TheKid23 I also see the same issues on my Storm2 but using it is worth the little quirks. I have also noticed that while being on a call both on my Storm & Storm2 the call screen the icons are pixelated and choppy. Has anyone seen this too?

I will still use this theme as it is the best theme out there and will wait until Aug makes the changes to fix the quirks.
    11-06-09 10:10 AM
    I am gonna test it again, I love this theme, I did a wipe handheld and only installed weather bug, blackberry app, and Facebook, now gonna retest this theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

==Update==
    Okay so i reinstalled it and so far it is okay, i think it might be google talk that is draining the memory, does anyone else have that issue with this setup. Let me know if this is a known thing.

==Update 2==
    After having a steady memory lead for the last few hours and the only new app installed i the crackberry launcher, i uninstalled that, and so far holding steady and working like a dream. Now i can spend the time to move my icons and get it the say I want it. Man I love this theme. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Nick_IT_NC; 11-07-09 at 01:06 AM. Reason: New Updates
    11-06-09 11:53 AM
    Aug- I bought this theme when it first came out and since then bought about a dozen or so more.........none of them stay on my phone for more than a few hours and I am right back to this one. You did a great job on this and IMO it is the best theme out there right now!! I have the issues with the while lines too- but the fix is quick and only comes after a battery pull and since with Storm 2 that is almost NEVER......it is not much of a problem.
    I never had any memory leak or anything with this either!! Thanks alot for a great job!
    11-07-09 11:56 AM
    Great theme...i just had a question. Not sure if this was addressed so I apologise.

I am running your basic theme for QL.

Right now I am connected with my wifi at home. In Landscape mode, on the top banner I get 2 wifi icons. one on the left side of the time, where I believe it should be.

The other icon is sitting on the right side of the battery icon. I see the last 3 bars of the battery then the wifi icon. I just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Thanks
    11-08-09 02:55 PM
    Great theme...i just had a question. Not sure if this was addressed so I apologise.

I am running your basic theme for QL.

Right now I am connected with my wifi at home. In Landscape mode, on the top banner I get 2 wifi icons. one on the left side of the time, where I believe it should be.

The other icon is sitting on the right side of the battery icon. I see the last 3 bars of the battery then the wifi icon. I just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Thanks
    I think that's because this theme was originally created for the Storm and it had no WiFi so a lot of theme builders never really payed any attention to where the WiFi icon ended up, since it really didn't matter.

But since the Storm 2 actually has WiFi this will be something the theme builders will probably be addressing with their updates.
    11-08-09 04:37 PM
    Does this work with OS 5.0? I didn't see a mention of it anywhere.
    11-08-09 07:18 PM
    Does this work with OS 5.0? I didn't see a mention of it anywhere.
    It does but i am still having a memory leak, still a great theme though. Worth the download and or Donation!
    11-09-09 11:55 AM
    5.0 Theme Development available now

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Would love to see a 5.0 update for elle. My favorite theme by far and the only one I use. Will donate again.
    11-09-09 12:00 PM

Would love to see a 5.0 update for elle. My favorite theme by far and the only one I use. Will donate again.
    That would be great, i would so try it again.
    11-09-09 12:16 PM

As I believe you will.....If I was a gamblin' man, my guess will be Christmas break. Aug, you still finishing a semester early?

How about...

I'm gettin' ELLE for Christmas, cause I ain't been nothing but good!!!
    11-09-09 02:51 PM
    As I believe you will.....If I was a gamblin' man, my guess will be Christmas break. Aug, you still finishing a semester early?

How about...

I'm gettin' ELLE for Christmas, cause I ain't been nothing but good!!!
    Looks good guys, I was kind of holding out for a 5.0 update release, so that I could try to do all the tweaks at once, ya know?

Anyway, your thoughts are right on track... a couple more weeks of school, then break - and hopefully I'll get it done then, before Christmas for all of ya'!!!!

Ok, I see there are more posts for me to look at and respond to from all of you, but I have to run out the door right now for a study session, I'll try to make rounds again later tonight to address all of the recent posts I have missed!!!

Thx,
    Aug

And thanks for the link to the 5.0 download! Downloading now, but won't likely have time to get into it until the weekend (if I had to guess!)
    11-09-09 04:58 PM
    Uninstalled the Bing app, and after a reset the memory is holding stable again.

I guess they don't care about any issues you may have when they push apps. to your phone!
    I have a leak right now, not from the Bing app, but because I have reloaded my OS, and restored old files (from when it does the backup). This almost ALWAYS causes a leak for me... I'm confident that it's not elle, because I just started getting the leak, and I had elle before as always... sometimes when we load a new OS, and we restore data from an old backup (settings, calendar/contact/mail/etc data, and so on), it is corrupted and introduces a leak, even though there is no message about it... if you have a leak, it is not from elle, it is from a bad backup or a different bad app/theme
    11-09-09 10:48 PM
1,521 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD