View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Stopping by once again to confirm :elle: is working perfectly with 5.0.0.230

Can't compliment this theme enough.

Oh, just one more.

AWESOME!
    09-17-09 04:25 PM
    Stopping by once again to confirm :elle: is working perfectly with 5.0.0.230

Can't compliment this theme enough.

Oh, just one more.

AWESOME!
    I will second this. Also have it running on .230. I did however encounter a glitch but it was because I was not running the zen theme before install.

be running zen before install
    09-17-09 04:28 PM
    Any more info on the date fix ?
    09-17-09 07:48 PM
    Any more info on the date fix ?
    I think Aug. has been really busy with a bunch of personal things. I'm sure he will update all the versions as soon as he possibly can.
    09-17-09 08:01 PM
    Wanted to chime back in again to let everyone know about a few issues with this working correctly on .230. It does not work flawless the reason for this is that the theme builder has not been updated to include the "Leaked" versions, so FYI to those looking to switch it will not work exactly as described.

Yes the date glitch is still there on .230

There is a weird glitch when you back out of a program sometimes it will arrange your application window into three rows instead of four. Only happens a few times tho. Thought it was because I installed the OS while on this theme instead of ZEN. Since two or three reboots I have not seen it.

The neat Today features of this theme do not work completely. I tested it with SMS, Calendar, and Email. Email does work the other two do not. i am running a theme from the Donors package so I can't vouch for the other versions. {EDITED: Calendar and message works but have not been able to get sms/mms today to work correctly, disregard this paragraph (left in for searching purposes)}

What is different regarding this is when you get a text its no longer the slanted email letter icon that pops up. Its a BBM icon with lines in the bubble and a red star next to it. Alittle confusing to get use to but none the less.

I heard that some programs that need a constant refresh while docked on your home screen will not work. I confirmed that Meterberry does NOT work.

So far however the flick scrolling and threaded SMS is way worth the few minor glitches I have encountered. And yes the camera works, however it was aweful quality last night while taking pictures in the dark with the flash on. The colors were not right and was really grainy. I will leave that to the fact that it was dark and was trying to shoot in low light conditions.

Hope this helps any of you thinking about switching to .230. It really is a lot of fun up here but beware that some apps don't work (i.e. facebook) but I used LaunchPad to create a homescreen icon that points to m.facebook.com. and I actually like it a bit better than the FB app.
    Last edited by bryan.grider; 10-04-09 at 11:54 PM.
    09-18-09 10:19 AM
    I'm also confirming .230 theme support. Date issue is still valid in QL version.
    09-19-09 11:06 AM
    Nevermind I had to edit cause it was stupid and I tested it out and didn't work. I was trying to find a fix to the date glitch
    09-20-09 08:00 AM
    After bad experiences with some purchased themes on .148 and my growing like for Zen, I didn't think I'd ever try another theme. However, on a thread I started professing my like for Zen it was recommended that I try this. Having upgraded to .230 and liking it, obviously I had to try something that worked.

Well, after playing around with this for a few hours, it might be a keeper.

I've not seen any of the bugs mentioned and the only shortcoming for me so far is not having a weather app that works in the weather spot yet.

If the theme remains solid over the next few days, I will be sending a donation.
    09-21-09 05:40 PM
    I recently downloaded and installed this theme - absolutely love it. I have one problem though - after it has been running a little while (<1 hour or so) and I try to delete multiple items from my inbox, I get the deleting message, but my inbox freezes. I can use the end call button to get out, but if I go back in it is still stuck with the deleting icon. the only way to fix this is to reboot.

I am running the .167 leak for the 9530, so I don't know if there is an issue with that, but if I go back to the basic Zen theme I do not run into this issue.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    09-22-09 01:18 PM
    hey can someone please post the wallpaper that is shown with the "Weatherbug _+ MeterBerry" edition??
    09-23-09 01:31 AM
    Wanted to chime back in again to let everyone know about a few issues with this working correctly on .230. It does not work flawless the reason for this is that the theme builder has not been updated to include the "Leaked" versions, so FYI to those looking to switch it will not work exactly as described.

Yes the date glitch is still there on .230

There is a weird glitch when you back out of a program sometimes it will arrange your application window into three rows instead of four. Only happens a few times tho. Thought it was because I installed the OS while on this theme instead of ZEN. Since two or three reboots I have not seen it.

The neat Today features of this theme do not work completely. I tested it with SMS, Calendar, and Email. Email does work the other two do not. i am running a theme from the Donors package so I can't vouch for the other versions.

What is different regarding this is when you get a text its no longer the slanted email letter icon that pops up. Its a BBM icon with lines in the bubble and a red star next to it. Alittle confusing to get use to but none the less.

I heard that some programs that need a constant refresh while docked on your home screen will not work. I confirmed that Meterberry does NOT work.

So far however the flick scrolling and threaded SMS is way worth the few minor glitches I have encountered. And yes the camera works, however it was aweful quality last night while taking pictures in the dark with the flash on. The colors were not right and was really grainy. I will leave that to the fact that it was dark and was trying to shoot in low light conditions.

Hope this helps any of you thinking about switching to .230. It really is a lot of fun up here but beware that some apps don't work (i.e. facebook) but I used LaunchPad to create a homescreen icon that points to m.facebook.com. and I actually like it a bit better than the FB app.
    Hey guys, just a quick check-in, then I've got to run for an independent study course Wanted to let everyone know what I've been up to, and why the theme hasn't been updated. I hurt my ankle (sort of bad, but not season-ending), and I have 2 hours of rehab every day. On top of that, I've still got my 18 credit hours worth of courses, and 2 hours of practice each day. Throw in the new puppy and homework, and you can pretty much picture my days. Getting to sleep around 2 am, and waking up around 7:30 am, for a week or two straight now. It's totally wearing on me! So that's why there's still no update, and at this point, I can't even imagine when I'm going to be able to do it.

Anyway, regarding those .230 tidbits - I haven't tried it yet (yes, my phone is still on .151, I have had NO time for crackberry ), but I am sure the reason the nice "feature" doesn't work when using SMS or calendar is because RIM has probably changed how those two work in the new OS (we know they changed SMS to be threaded, right? I don't know about calendar though, haven't read much). So what I'm saying is those are probably different apps, so I'll have to update my theme suite to respond accordingly when the "new" apps are launched - once they release a newer plazmic!

The reason the icons on the home screen probably aren't updating is likely due to a new API in 5.0, and the theme/app not knowing how to update based on the new API. As we switch to 5.0, we will see lots of bugs like this because of the new API, but once new software is out there for development, they will slowly be fixed

Ok, got to run, class starts NOW!
    09-23-09 08:00 AM
    Getting to sleep around 2 am, and waking up around 7:30 am, for a week or two straight now.
    What? Wasting 5 and a half hours on sleep? I thought Bumpus was there to keep you awake all nite.

Kinda figgured you were busy since the thread was fairly quiet.

BTW ..back in the USA...

Mike
    09-23-09 11:20 AM
    Pleeeeeeeeeaseeeee fix this date thingyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Purty pleaseeeeeeeee.
    09-24-09 04:29 PM
    Alright well take it easy Aug, its just a theme after all your life's far more important

When you do get around to updating it I can't wait to see it! So glad I donated, I'm one of the few that gets the goodies before the public!

Cheers till then, good luck with school n all! ..Speaking of which, I'd better get to homework now.

Later
    09-24-09 05:42 PM
    hey have a question not sure if if anyone else is having this issue. Im Running 4.7.0.167 and have the WBQLT theme running. When i touch the area on the home screen where the hidding icon is, the title of the icon is not showing up. Did a battery pull and still nothing is that normal?
    09-25-09 06:28 AM
    Pleeeeeeeeeaseeeee fix this date thingyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Purty pleaseeeeeeeee.
    Please be patient on this one. Auggie got a lot going on right now that is a much higher priority. (School, life, etc)
    The date issue nothing nothing more than a nusiance to me in the over scheme of this software. elle is rock solid and does not leak or cause other problems. If you really need to see the date (like me, I have CRS) then click on the day/month and the calendar app appears with the date.Auggie's support on his theme has been abolutely fantastic during the summer months. We are lucky he's not married with a couple of kids, otherwise you would never see an update!

Mike
    09-25-09 07:48 AM
    hey can someone please post the wallpaper that is shown with the "Weatherbug _+ MeterBerry" edition??
    I think if you search the thread you'll find it. Someone else asked that question some time ago.

EDIT *****

At the bottom of the very first post you'll find this link.

For more information on the theme versions as well as some backgrounds I like to use,
    and grid layouts for you to use on your phone to get used to the layout click this link!

Enjoy
    Last edited by ITF36059; 09-25-09 at 08:11 AM.
    09-25-09 07:49 AM
    Great Looking Themes. Is it possible to get one with a non-hidden today?
    09-25-09 11:41 AM
    LOL!!! You quoting me has made this comment that much longer!!! LOL

Sorry if I didn't make that clear but the issues I have are not due to the developer error rather an outdated Theme builder program!!!

Hey guys, just a quick check-in, then I've got to run for an independent study course Wanted to let everyone know what I've been up to, and why the theme hasn't been updated. I hurt my ankle (sort of bad, but not season-ending), and I have 2 hours of rehab every day. On top of that, I've still got my 18 credit hours worth of courses, and 2 hours of practice each day. Throw in the new puppy and homework, and you can pretty much picture my days. Getting to sleep around 2 am, and waking up around 7:30 am, for a week or two straight now. It's totally wearing on me! So that's why there's still no update, and at this point, I can't even imagine when I'm going to be able to do it.

Anyway, regarding those .230 tidbits - I haven't tried it yet (yes, my phone is still on .151, I have had NO time for crackberry ), but I am sure the reason the nice "feature" doesn't work when using SMS or calendar is because RIM has probably changed how those two work in the new OS (we know they changed SMS to be threaded, right? I don't know about calendar though, haven't read much). So what I'm saying is those are probably different apps, so I'll have to update my theme suite to respond accordingly when the "new" apps are launched - once they release a newer plazmic!

The reason the icons on the home screen probably aren't updating is likely due to a new API in 5.0, and the theme/app not knowing how to update based on the new API. As we switch to 5.0, we will see lots of bugs like this because of the new API, but once new software is out there for development, they will slowly be fixed

Ok, got to run, class starts NOW!
    09-28-09 03:59 PM
    Well since September is almost over I figured you guys should know this issue should be resolved till next September or until Aug fixes it which ever is sooner. I could be wrong but all the other months are shorter than September so the words should not get cut off.

So for all of our sake including Aug here's to hoping!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 10:54 AM
    Well since September is almost over I figured you guys should know this issue should be resolved till next September or until Aug fixes it which ever is sooner. I could be wrong but all the other months are shorter than September so the words should not get cut off.

So for all of our sake including Aug here's to hoping!

I didn't think about that..lol. I tried to theme cheat today, but it wasn't worth it. The theme is nice, but HUGE and leaky!
    09-29-09 10:58 AM
    Shame on you!

Lol we've all done it at some point.

09-29-09 11:25 AM
    Update to all:
    I thought since October was a shorter name than September the cut off would be gone. It will come back on most every month till we come to the short named months. It almost happens every Wednesday when double digits dates. Just FYI that it is not gone as I predicted. I tested it out by changing the date on my device.

10-01-09 07:38 AM
    Still rockin this theme, I'll probably use this theme for the life of my phone! No kidding I've tried MANY, but always come back to elle, sure there may be flashier themes available... But this is hands down the best one I've personally used. ROCK SOLID BABY!!!!

Much love to ya Aug, Thanks for a great theme.
    10-03-09 03:25 AM
    Update to all:
    I thought since October was a shorter name than September the cut off would be gone. It will come back on most every month till we come to the short named months. It almost happens every Wednesday when double digits dates. Just FYI that it is not gone as I predicted. I tested it out by changing the date on my device.

Probably going to have to face it, this isn't going to be fixed nor will we get an update. Good theme though. Maybe something will happen after 5.0 is released.
    10-03-09 01:01 PM
1,521 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD