View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    He Aug, I apologize if this has been covered. But I'm having app memory issues now. Just started this morning. Ill check it one min. And it's @ 28. MB, then ill go to my home screen and back to memory. Then it says 26.5 MB. Right now it says 27.3. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This isn't a memory leak at all - losing a few MB of memory throughout the day is 100% normal under normal operation. That's standard. No issue there. If you're getting WAY low (if you start losing 10's of mbs), then there's a leak in some app. But what you're reporting is 100% normal, with or without the theme.
    08-27-09 09:22 PM
    Hehe, maybe my msg got lost with the bunch of posts here, so I will repeat this in hopes anyone can help me.

I have a Storm 9500 and I am about to install OS 4.7.0.167 which is from Taiwan Mobile hehehe.

But first I want to be sure that the theme works with that OS, anyone have that phone OS and can confirm it works?
    Not sure on that, I'm sure if anyone has tested that they will give feedback. I am on lyricidal's v8 hybrid so I'm not 100% sure.
    08-27-09 09:23 PM
    This happens to me too. Actually, I start at about 28.8 after a QuickPull and after a day of use it gets down to between 10 and 15 MB. I have no idea what's causing it, I've noticed issues with other themes, even with the default Precision Zen I get a gradual memory decline, just maybe a quirk with the phone? Is it normal for memory just to decline over periods of usage?
    This one sounds like a leak - but it's not in the theme, they've all been tested and verified to be leak free. The culprit is likely:
    -bad OS OR
    -bad OS load OR
    -rogue 3rd party app OR
    -corrupted restore data

Search the forums on this one and there will be lots of good info on it. A good search in this thread will bring up some good stuff too.
    08-27-09 09:24 PM
    This happens to me too. Actually, I start at about 28.8 after a QuickPull and after a day of use it gets down to between 10 and 15 MB. I have no idea what's causing it, I've noticed issues with other themes, even with the default Precision Zen I get a gradual memory decline, just maybe a quirk with the phone? Is it normal for memory just to decline over periods of usage?
    What version of th OS are running? if it's .148 wll, the it's crap and leaks like crazy. If it's .151, then watch your battery level. When a significant amout of power is consumed, memory leaks start to occur. A number of us in this thread have noticed this. I reboot daily with Meterberry.

Mike
    08-28-09 06:01 AM
    Not sure on that, I'm sure if anyone has tested that they will give feedback. I am on lyricidal's v8 hybrid so I'm not 100% sure.
    Hey Aug,

Not to stray OT, but what does the V8 hybrid get you?
    I need to get off .148 when I get back.

Mike
    08-28-09 06:04 AM
    This isn't a memory leak at all - losing a few MB of memory throughout the day is 100% normal under normal operation. That's standard. No issue there. If you're getting WAY low (if you start losing 10's of mbs), then there's a leak in some app. But what you're reporting is 100% normal, with or without the theme.
    Thank you again, i will go through the help fourms and figure it out. I really appreciate all your help and patience with me. Thanks a million man..
    08-28-09 08:44 AM
    What version of th OS are running? if it's .148 wll, the it's crap and leaks like crazy. If it's .151, then watch your battery level. When a significant amout of power is consumed, memory leaks start to occur. A number of us in this thread have noticed this. I reboot daily with Meterberry.

Mike
    Yeah I run .148 so that explains it. I'm reluctant to toy around with my OS's with non-official releases.

BTW Aug: Thanks alot for everything. Very glad I made the donation to you.
    08-28-09 09:54 AM
    Facebook app has been a culprit for me. I just close it every time im done and make sure it stays closed
    08-28-09 12:07 PM
    Hey Aug,

Not to stray OT, but what does the V8 hybrid get you?
    I need to get off .148 when I get back.

Mike
    Just better memory management... good stability... not too many crazy changes.
    08-28-09 09:02 PM
    Just better memory management... good stability... not too many crazy changes.
    Thanks Aug,

That's what I was hoping to hear...gonna load that when I get back.

Mike
    08-29-09 11:41 AM
    The Elle Classic V1.3.7 dont seem to work for me either in 5.0 or 6v9 of hybrid version. Have had a fix to these OS version. If you have please share via PM. Thanks in advance.
    08-31-09 12:47 PM
    Another quick post to confirm :elle: works just fine for 5.0.0.191

Go leaks!
    08-31-09 05:15 PM
    Another quick post to confirm :elle: works just fine for 5.0.0.191

Go leaks!
    oes the Calender work? What ElleTheme and version r u using
    08-31-09 10:25 PM
    I just installed this theme last night (WBQLMB). I've found that Meterberry stops updating after a few minutes, requiring a battery pull. I'm running 1.5.8 of Meterberry with the icon set to update every 10 seconds between battery level, free memory and change in free memory. Any thoughts on whether this is a theme issue or a Meterberry issue?

Thanks.
    09-01-09 04:26 PM
    I think the issue is meter berry. I had an app error 528 this morning. I haven't had any issues up until then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 04:45 PM
    oes the Calender work? What ElleTheme and version r u using
    Calendar works just fine. Hidden today shows as well. I'm using elleQL 4.3.9
    09-01-09 06:44 PM
    Calendar works just fine. Hidden today shows as well. I'm using elleQL 4.3.9
    Can somebody please share the installer of this or the Classic version.......i currently offline on Data plan.... to do a OTA.........
    09-02-09 12:30 PM
    Hi Aug,

I just started running Lyricidal's v6.10 and noticed that the day, month, date information in the bottom banner is cut off. It currently reads Wednesday, Septem.... I'm using elleWBST from the donors package. is there something I need to do?
    09-02-09 03:31 PM
    Hi Aug,

I just started running Lyricidal's v6.10 and noticed that the day, month, date information in the bottom banner is cut off. It currently reads Wednesday, Septem.... I'm using elleWBST from the donors package. is there something I need to do?
    Nope - you're right! I noticied it this morning when I woke up, first thing. I would have loved to have fixed it right away, but I'm currently writing a 15 page paper for a course, and it is due tomorrow. On top of that, I have a 15 page final due on Sunday, had 2 practices today, 2 practices tomorrow (and so on), and a game on Saturday. Needless to say, I haven't any free time at all.

I just checked in because I had someone else contact me to give me the heads up on the date thing, and since I noticed it as well, I wanted to address it for everyone. I'll have this fixed ASAP - hopefully sooner than later. It is definitely annoying.
    09-02-09 09:29 PM
    Nope - you're right! I noticied it this morning when I woke up, first thing. I would have loved to have fixed it right away, but I'm currently writing a 15 page paper for a course, and it is due tomorrow. On top of that, I have a 15 page final due on Sunday, had 2 practices today, 2 practices tomorrow (and so on), and a game on Saturday. Needless to say, I haven't any free time at all.

I just checked in because I had someone else contact me to give me the heads up on the date thing, and since I noticed it as well, I wanted to address it for everyone. I'll have this fixed ASAP - hopefully sooner than later. It is definitely annoying.
    SCHOOL ALWAYS COMES FIRST (I'm a Professor ). Its no biggie.. wanted to see if it was something that could be fixed on my end. Just shoot out an email when you get a chance to look at it. Good luck on your assignments. I'm sure you will do well
    09-02-09 09:53 PM
    Perfect time to try out a different Theme. Knowing that I will be coming back, so don't worry. And also I got another Donation coming to you I know, but give me a couple weeks we fell behind on bills cause of our vacation - Not only our vacation either. Being forced to take another three days off work!!! YIKES!!!
    09-02-09 10:43 PM
    May be a little late, and may have already been done, but just wanted to confirm this theme works on 5.0.0.191.
    09-02-09 11:56 PM
    One thing I've noticed (and the ONLY negative thing I've noticed) is the date across the bottom sometimes cuts off when it's too long. For instance; "Wednesday, September 2nd" look like this right now: "Wednesday, Septem..."

Any way you could stretch the date area just a bit?

Awesome work! I'm using the WBMB version on my .151 and absolutely loving it!
    09-03-09 12:59 AM
    One thing I've noticed (and the ONLY negative thing I've noticed) is the date across the bottom sometimes cuts off when it's too long. For instance; "Wednesday, September 2nd" look like this right now: "Wednesday, Septem..."

Any way you could stretch the date area just a bit?

Awesome work! I'm using the WBMB version on my .151 and absolutely loving it!
    Yep, I'm getting this also. Using Verizon .148. Today is Thursday, Septembe...

Not sure if you can modify, but if there's a space limitation, I'd rather have "Thursday, Sept. 3" than a cut-off.
    09-03-09 11:38 AM
    I understand that there is 64 pages in this thread guys but please do a bit more research before you post questions like the previous two above. Seems how you two are fairly new comers I understand.

BTW this question was answered on page 63

Aug is busy lately and might not be on as often to check up on his thread, but here is the run down. He noticed the "glitch" if you will regarding the calendar but has been busy with life outside this theme and he said he would get to it as soon as he could. Obviously this is the first time we noticed it was September 1st so I can assume that a little expanse of the calendar box should do it. however I did not make this theme and if he updates on he has to update all the other versions which will take time.

So please be patient he will fix it when he gets time. Has never let us down yet.
    09-03-09 11:48 AM
1,521 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD