View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Just wanted to let everyone know I made some big progress with the beta files today!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 09:39 PM
    Aug did you get my pm's?
    08-21-09 10:19 PM
    This is a problem with all "today" themes. As you said, if you create and send an SMS message from the contact list or from a link in QuickLaunch, it will show up in your Today list. The only way to remove it from the list that I know of is to delete it.
    Yep Yep Yep Aug now I remember you said that launching a sms through Quicklaunch would do this and keep the sms on the home screen. Weird but I just delete them after I send them cause there is no point to see that every time it comes up.

LOL

hope this helps
    08-21-09 10:22 PM
    Aug did you get my pm's?
    I did get your PM's, but haven't had the chance to respond yet. I try to prioritize paying users' requests then whatever I'm working on - which happens to be the beta files now I wasn't ignoring you though.

To answer your question about whether or not I can describe the donor goodie package before you donate, I can't. I'm sorry, but all of my donors get an email with a "terms of use" agreement and it includes stuff about not disclosing any info about the new features, since they're unique to my theme.

I understand where you're coming from, but just consider the public files a trial. The private beta files are a step up. As far as being worried about me burning you, all I can really say is I definitely won't. Poke around this thread a bit, and you'll find something like 60 pages of happy users, many of them being donors, who trust me. No pressure at all, obviously I want ya to feel comfortable. I'm not here to make a quick buck off of anyone

I'll PM ya later today when I'm home on my computer but this was an easy way to respond!

08-22-09 07:15 AM
    I understand where you're coming from, but just consider the public files a trial. The private beta files are a step up. As far as being worried about me burning you, all I can really say is I definitely won't. Poke around this thread a bit, and you'll find something like 60 pages of happy users, many of them being donors, who trust me. No pressure at all, obviously I want ya to feel comfortable. I'm not here to make a quick buck off of anyone

I'll PM ya later today when I'm home on my computer but this was an easy way to respond!

Aug is one of the most trustworthy people I have ever met online! He always does what he say's he is going to do and I have NEVER even once worried about getting burned! I have sent him a few donations for his themes and I will continue to do so for every new one I use! I consider him a friend!
    08-22-09 11:07 AM
    Thanks for that support! That feeling is mutual, by the way

08-22-09 11:08 AM
    I did get your PM's, but haven't had the chance to respond yet. I try to prioritize paying users' requests then whatever I'm working on - which happens to be the beta files now I wasn't ignoring you though.

To answer your question about whether or not I can describe the donor goodie package before you donate, I can't. I'm sorry, but all of my donors get an email with a "terms of use" agreement and it includes stuff about not disclosing any info about the new features, since they're unique to my theme.

I think you took my pm the wrong way. I know you are trustworthy. I mean you do have THE best theme for storm and continue to support it. I even downgraded to .151 just to use it again as that was the only thing wrong with 5.0 for me. I was trying to say the last "goodie package" I paid/donated for (from another dev) had absolutely nothing that was useful to me and that's why I asked about yours. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Anyways, even if this ends up that way (which I don't think it will), the theme itself is worth a donation. Thanks for the great theme! Donation on it's way...
    08-22-09 01:08 PM
    I think you took my pm the wrong way. I know you are trustworthy. I mean you do have THE best theme for storm and continue to support it. I even downgraded to .151 just to use it again as that was the only thing wrong with 5.0 for me. I was trying to say the last "goodie package" I paid/donated for (from another dev) had absolutely nothing that was useful to me and that's why I asked about yours. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Anyways, even if this ends up that way (which I don't think it will), the theme itself is worth a donation. Thanks for the great theme! Donation on it's way...
    Thanks for clarifying that! It makes sense now. Although, I really intended donations to be just for support. As a token of MY appreciation for peoples' support, I am giving out the beta files, also to get feedback on them. So I wasn't too motivated to advertise the beta files, they're just an extra goodie. Oh well

Anyway, I think I sent out all the packages for everyone so far - if I have missed anyone, please let me know, and give me the email address you donated from, since it should be in my "donor" email list, which is where I send everything to If I somehow missed you, I'll catch you up and make sure your donor email is on my list!

In other news, I *think* I cleaned up one new bug that was introduced by myself unintentionally yesterday while working on the new files, but I haven't tested all 9 versions yet to be fully certain. Then, the OTA server went down (well, I think OTA's are still working, I just can't connect via FTP for some reason), so I can't load my new files up. And I hate .alx installs, so I'm waiting for the server to let me FTP in

In the mean time, I have 1 version working to what I THINK *might* be the final release, but still testing it. Just a quick update to everyone!
    08-22-09 09:31 PM
    Oh - and to all you donors - the latest files are under a different link, so the old packages you got won't be the latest files I mentioned above. That's a good thing though The bug I accidentally created was annoying enough to render the versions I have up under the new links useless. While you may not have the "latest" versions, you've got the "greatest" ones!

Hopefully I'll get in to the server via FTP tomorrow sometime and get those files up for ya. No major changes from donor files, just cleaned up some stuff for the most part... but obviously, those who have not donated will see a HUGE change, which has gotten an overwhelmingly positive review from all donors
    08-22-09 09:33 PM
    confused Aug:

I believe I have the latest version, however I am really tired so I may have misread the posts by you. Are the new beta links up yet? (I am assuming that they are not and you are working to get them up) I will be in Canada for the next week and might have my data turned off during that time. Bummer I will miss the release, but I'll look for it when I get back. Hope your recovering well.

If you get to it around 9 AM tomorrow I might still be in Mich, otherwise I'm on vacation.

See ya soon: and for all you guys who have not donated, you have to the theme is awesome and so is Aug.
    08-23-09 12:37 AM
    I am getting excited again!
    08-23-09 11:25 AM
    confused Aug:

I believe I have the latest version, however I am really tired so I may have misread the posts by you. Are the new beta links up yet? (I am assuming that they are not and you are working to get them up) I will be in Canada for the next week and might have my data turned off during that time. Bummer I will miss the release, but I'll look for it when I get back. Hope your recovering well.

If you get to it around 9 AM tomorrow I might still be in Mich, otherwise I'm on vacation.

See ya soon: and for all you guys who have not donated, you have to the theme is awesome and so is Aug.
    Ah, man, sorry I missed ya Bryan! Ok, here's the deal, I'll try to be more clear this time! Donors DID have the best files out there, up until JUST NOW. I had new files created, so they were "newer" than the donor files, but they weren't working. Pretty much, they were unusable files, not ready for any beta. That was the case up until just now - I was able to get connected via FTP, so the files are up again, and I'm in the process of making sure they're all OK. I'll probably send out an email tonight to donors with these files, and hope that they're all good I hope that clears it up!
    08-23-09 11:45 AM
    Did you send donor Goodie Packages? I didn't get anything....
    Last edited by Ivy_Storm_21; 08-23-09 at 11:35 PM.
    08-23-09 11:32 PM
    Did you send donor Goodie Packages? I didn't get anything....
    You didn't get anything ever? Normally I get the email out to my donors within a day or two of donating - most times it's quicker, actually. There haven't been many emails lately or anything, I'm just wanting to make sure there aren't any donors out there without the donor package!

If a donor is using the theme, you'll know what HTTSC means - if you read my donor email, anyway. And if you didn't get that email, then send me a PM with your email address that you donated from so I can double check that I have you in my list and get you the stuff!

Let me know Ivy, and anyone else!
    08-23-09 11:40 PM
    You didn't get anything ever? Normally I get the email out to my donors within a day or two of donating - most times it's quicker, actually. There haven't been many emails lately or anything, I'm just wanting to make sure there aren't any donors out there without the donor package!

If a donor is using the theme, you'll know what HTTSC means - if you read my donor email, anyway. And if you didn't get that email, then send me a PM with your email address that you donated from so I can double check that I have you in my list and get you the stuff!

Let me know Ivy, and anyone else!
    Just wanted to say that the version I have as a donor is great and all the time I needed support I would always get the email and solution in minutes!
    For me is the best theme out there and the best support!

Thanks for the great work aug your theme rocks and the support always provided makes me feel like I'm VIP. :-)

08-24-09 12:53 AM
    while i love this theme, i downloaded the classic as well as the meterberry+ weather ones, the issue is that the log is showing a continuous NullPointerExpection read !!
    sms's do not show up in the main sms list - have to go to option - view sms inbox/outbox to see them + no alerts

i have been having this problem with all themes other than with the default Zen theme

am running the lycd 6V7 hybrid for .151 on a 9500

would appreciate some help as am in love with this theme !!!
    Last edited by deps; 08-24-09 at 02:31 AM.
    08-24-09 02:17 AM
    Ah, man, sorry I missed ya Bryan! Ok, here's the deal, I'll try to be more clear this time! Donors DID have the best files out there, up until JUST NOW. I had new files created, so they were "newer" than the donor files, but they weren't working. Pretty much, they were unusable files, not ready for any beta. That was the case up until just now - I was able to get connected via FTP, so the files are up again, and I'm in the process of making sure they're all OK. I'll probably send out an email tonight to donors with these files, and hope that they're all good I hope that clears it up!

Aug,

Don't forget to PM me with the new stuff! I turned on my data plan while I am here in Sweden just to get the new version.. Anxiously awaiting...

Mike
    08-24-09 06:14 AM
    while i love this theme, i downloaded the classic as well as the meterberry+ weather ones, the issue is that the log is showing a continuous NullPointerExpection read !!
    sms's do not show up in the main sms list - have to go to option - view sms inbox/outbox to see them + no alerts

i have been having this problem with all themes other than with the default Zen theme

It won't work as the Lyricidal Hybrid replaced the radio by the 167 files (if I remember well).
    You have to stay to 151 straight or find another hybrid (look at the one from OOAK).
    Last edited by paso971; 08-24-09 at 07:24 AM.
    08-24-09 06:17 AM
    It won't work as the Lyricidal Hybrid replaced the radio by the 167 files (if I remember weel).
    You have to stay to 151 straight or find another hybrid (look at the one from OOAK).
    Good Lord !! - that's heartbreaking.... guess will have to wait till this theme becomes .167 compatiable.. hope its soon, as i just love it !!
    Last edited by deps; 08-24-09 at 07:53 AM.
    08-24-09 06:52 AM
    Aug,

Just donated today to you for your great theme.

Since getting my Storm, I've been a bit of a theme-addict. However, I love that you have all the key functionality available I need from the layout. At first I thought having all the icons hidden wasn't "flashy" or "cool" but I've come to really appreciate having everything hidden.

Once you get used to where everything is, it's actually quite easy and efficient to use. Because you're not piling on tons of additional graphics or icons it's also extremely quick and responsive, which is a problem I've had with other themes I liked but wayyy too customized and ended up being too slow and jerky to use.

Your theme is also extremely wallpaper friendly which is a big plus since Storm's screen really lets you get some nice lookin wallpapers on there with great clarity and color.

I'm looking forward to getting the latest version!
    08-24-09 01:53 PM
    It won't work as the Lyricidal Hybrid replaced the radio by the 167 files (if I remember well).
    Mine works fine on lyr's 6v8...
    Last edited by JS0724; 08-25-09 at 07:47 AM.
    08-24-09 06:51 PM
    Simple quick solution for those who are having a hard time using this theme (i.e. remembering which icons are hidden)

What I did was make a photoshop document and created four text layers each of which was placed where the hidden icon buttons would be. I then changed the opacity of those layers to "barely visible" (some photos require it to be more transparent than others). Until you get use to it without the wording then it works fine.

For those who don't know the proper spacing of the hidden icon spaces, please check out the wallpaper page and there will be a layout of the theme hidden buttons.

I offered to do custom wallpapers for people using this theme to Aug, but since the new baby I haven't found to much spare time. However if you can use this and don't have photoshop please let me know (send me a PM), I will try my best to get you a custom wallpaper. Please pick one of the wallpapers from Aug's website, or send me your own. Also let me know what are in your hidden icons positions.

If I get to many requests I really don't think I will be able to do it, thats why I told everyone how I do it. So keep the requests to a minimum or a need basis.

It literally took me about 4 weeks to get use to my hidden icons. Some will take less time and until then I had stuck with my custom wallpaper.

Sorry this was so long.
    08-24-09 10:20 PM
    Sweet! Downloading Elle Classic now. 144 KB.
    I agree the classic looks great.
    08-24-09 10:46 PM
    Love this theme set for showing off my wallpapers

08-24-09 11:17 PM

I've been using -elle- on lyricidial's OS 4.7.0.151/5.0.0.100 without problems. It's still available on his web page.
    08-25-09 12:27 AM
1,521 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD