View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    I love the WBMBQL Theme for my Storm... but it uses up a crazy amount of memory. i go from 30MB at boot down to 15MB free in a short amount of time.
    Check the Facebook APP. I had the same issue but I figured it was facebook cause I closed it and no mem leak
    08-12-09 09:34 PM
    scr** the facebook app, thats just wasting memory, your BB should automatically bring you to the mobile version upon opening the site, just bookmark it, or make a shortcut or something. Not the first time ive heard of facebook app memory leaking like crazy.
    08-12-09 09:41 PM
    cool, i love the weather edition theme, how can i get customize icons to go with the theme

thanks man, great theme
    08-12-09 10:12 PM
    What should I do? I send you my wall and you tell me how much it costs, right ?
    Wow, so sorry, for some reason, I wasn't getting email updates on this thread!

Anyway, just shoot me an email and we'll work it out IIRC, you're a donor so you've got my email addy

Sorry for the delay!
    08-13-09 09:15 AM
    Aug,

totaly love this theme. Just donated a second time (first was for QL version, now for the classic) Thanks for your hard work.
    Wow, thanks so much for your support! It does not go unnoticed - I really appreciate it
    08-13-09 09:16 AM
    can anyone put up some screen shots for me please? I hear good things about this theme, and to be free is even better especially for me :/
    Check out the first post
    08-13-09 09:18 AM
    Alright, fair enough.

Elle is beautiful, but as I really don't like hidden main icons (the hidden messages, profiles, calendar, clock and connections are great, though, primarily because while technically "hidden" there are visual cues as to what they are), I will unfortunately not be using it. I will certainly donate if you come out with a theme like I described, and would donate now to help you along if you indicated that you were working on something that I might like, but as it stands, I'm going to keep looking for that 'perfect' theme.

Still, it's great work, and you should be proud of it. I don't know why there aren't more themes with the banner simplified and made smaller like you've done here. Really, who needs a large image of a speaker sitting there?

I'm really gracious for your kind comments! Thanks, and I'm also glad you're open enough to be honest. I don't want to commit to making anything yet, because I'm not sure where my ideas will take me. But, hopefully I do create a theme that satisfies you one day - and until them, I'm hopeful you can find something else to tide you over!

Thanks for your kind words and your openness!
    -Aug
    08-13-09 09:29 AM
    This is a great them. Actually theme(s). Worth every penny in donations.
    Thanks so much Hope you're enjoying the donor goodies
    08-13-09 09:29 AM
    cool, i love the weather edition theme, how can i get customize icons to go with the theme

thanks man, great theme
    Glad you like the theme! If you read the first post in this thread, there are some instructions to set up the icons, I believe. If not, maybe run a quick search on this thread, I know it's been discussed.

But, in brief, the icons no the main screen reflect the icon placement from the app list screen. So, move the icons around in the app list screen, and you'll change the layout on the main screen as well. The pictures in the first post give an application icon numbering list so that you can see which icon will be put in each slot.

Hope that helps, if not, post back and we'll try again!
    08-13-09 09:32 AM
    I love this theme and from what it looks like this is your first one. If thats the case you have a natural nack for making themes. This theme is great. I deleted all my other theme because i feel I don't need them anymore. The thing I like best is that it is simple but very effecient.
    08-13-09 10:14 AM
    Not for sure if this has been brought to your attention Auggie, but when I enter the new txt through your today feature of course in portait mode, and rotate to landscape, it removes it from the screen, and goes to the regular landscape "Applications" screen. This of course, is with the 'ELLE - WBMBQL' theme

Can there be a fix for this?

BTW, im on the official .148 if that matters.
    08-13-09 12:53 PM
    Not for sure if this has been brought to your attention Auggie, but when I enter the new txt through your today feature of course in portait mode, and rotate to landscape, it removes it from the screen, and goes to the regular landscape "Applications" screen. This of course, is with the 'ELLE - WBMBQL' theme

Can there be a fix for this?

BTW, im on the official .148 if that matters.
    That's a plazmic issue. Not an issue that can be fixed just yet, happens to all today screens.
    08-13-09 01:18 PM
    leecott is right on here - thanks for clarifying that.
    08-13-09 01:25 PM
    leecott is right on here - thanks for clarifying that.
    No prob aug, I feel like a dirty blank word because I STILL have yet to drop a donation, in due time auggie, in due time.
    08-13-09 01:27 PM
    really like this theme...would love to see the highlighted line under the icons in the menu removed as it tells you at the top of the screen which icon you are selecting.
    08-13-09 04:13 PM
    No prob aug, I feel like a dirty blank word because I STILL have yet to drop a donation, in due time auggie, in due time.
    Haha no big man, as you said, in due time. No rush, just keep enjoying what you've got
    08-13-09 09:20 PM
    really like this theme...would love to see the highlighted line under the icons in the menu removed as it tells you at the top of the screen which icon you are selecting.
    Hey there!

Thanks for that feedback! Send me an email if you don't mind. I'd like to do this for you. It's funny that you mention that, because in some of the donor/beta files, I did have that underline removed, as I was using glow icons. Some users wanted it back though, so I went ahead and added it back in. Shoot me an email though and I'd like to get whichever version you're using set up for you so that you can enjoy it more, but no pressure if you'd rather not

I really appreciate your feedback and I'd love to hear others' opinions on this!
    08-13-09 09:22 PM
    I'm really gracious for your kind comments! Thanks, and I'm also glad you're open enough to be honest. I don't want to commit to making anything yet, because I'm not sure where my ideas will take me. But, hopefully I do create a theme that satisfies you one day - and until them, I'm hopeful you can find something else to tide you over!

Thanks for your kind words and your openness!
    -Aug
    Aug:

I've actually just purchased QuickLaunch, which makes this theme a lot more useful. In fact, I'm thinking with QL it might be better to have NO user-defined hidden icons (just click to go to applications list). Well, I might like the one that's set up for QL to be definable, as I currently have QL to use a side button.

Did I read somewhere in this thread that you'll put custom wallpaper in the applications list (or all folders?) for people? If so, are you able to put a different wallpaper for portrait and landscape?
    08-13-09 10:47 PM
    Hey there!

Thanks for that feedback! Send me an email if you don't mind. I'd like to do this for you. It's funny that you mention that, because in some of the donor/beta files, I did have that underline removed, as I was using glow icons. Some users wanted it back though, so I went ahead and added it back in. Shoot me an email though and I'd like to get whichever version you're using set up for you so that you can enjoy it more, but no pressure if you'd rather not

I really appreciate your feedback and I'd love to hear others' opinions on this!
    I'd prefer it without the line as well. I don't know if I'd want it without some kind of visual indication as to what icon is selected (aside from the name). Perhaps the same kind of shading as the banner?
    08-13-09 10:55 PM
    Ran the Weather version for 5 days. Keyboard letters out of alignment on intitial editing for SMS and emails... Re-rendering from landcape to portrait image ghosts. Still has memory leaks.
    Sorry.
    08-14-09 09:16 AM
    I'd prefer it without the line as well. I don't know if I'd want it without some kind of visual indication as to what icon is selected (aside from the name). Perhaps the same kind of shading as the banner?
    Got your donation, thanks! Check your email you've got some goods!

If I get enough requests like yours, I may just take that underline out. Like I said, I did have one person who wanted it back in, but I'll go with what the majority wants, and if specific people REALLY want it out, I can do a version for them.

As far as an icon indication, expect to see glow icons in the releases. We've been testing them a bit in the beta files, and they seem to be doing just fine. They increase file size a BIT, but not enough to make this theme "big" or "bulky" at all, and there isn't any performance hit.

As for the customization of the wallpaper you wanted, let me know exactly which screens you want to have the wallpaper, and also specifiy if you want it done in portrait or landscape - I can do both If you can take screen shots of the screen you would like to have with the wallpaper (in the appropriate portrait/landscape orientation), it would be a great help, but that's not necessary. I just need to know exactly which screens to do it in for ya Best way to do that stuff is via my email, which you now have
    08-14-09 09:18 AM
    Glow icons would be so much better than the underline. Hope it comes soon.

@Jae
    Im running the wbmbql theme, I know its not the same, exactly, but I do see the memory leak you speak of.. But not the alignment issues.
    08-14-09 09:23 AM
    Ran the Weather version for 5 days. Keyboard letters out of alignment on intitial editing for SMS and emails... Re-rendering from landcape to portrait image ghosts. Still has memory leaks.
    Sorry.
    Well... I hate to say it bud, but the issue is definitely 100% not the theme. Every single version I have released has been THOROUGHLY tested and approved by myself as well as my testers. Believe it or not, I have WELL over 50 testers running this theme and I get reports back from them. There are 27 versions out there, and not one of them has had the issues you're reporting. I've never once heard of the image ghost issue, nor the keyboard letters being out of alignment. neither of these things are able to even be modified by a theme - we literally have zero control whatsoever to modify, touch, or interact with those elements of the OS.

There are definitely not any memory leaks. I can 100% guarantee this. Again, there's something wrong with your phone specifically. Nobody else has these issues, and I've tested the versions myself on 5 different Storm devices for weeks at a time. The only way to full test for a leak is to wipe your device clean of all data, reload a fully stock OS (not shrunk or modified), load NOTHING but the theme - no third party apps, no other themes, NOTHING - not even restoring your data (contacts, calendar info, settings, etc) and then load the theme, reboot 2-3 times, and begin testing for minimum increments of 24 hours. This is a painful process (try having no data backed up to your device for days!), but it is the ONLY way to isolate ONE piece of software for testing. It's something I've done (hence the great amount of time that has passed since my beta files went out, and they're still not released to the public), and I've proven each theme to be leak free.

I hate to be harsh, but frankly, these issues you're reporting at 100% for sure NOT related to the themes. I don't want potential users being scared to use the theme based on your reports, so I want to clarify 100% for certain that these issues have no tie whatsoever to the theme. The user has a bad OS load or corrupted restore data which is causing issues on his device - it could even be something else, but it is for sure not the theme.

I am confident that if you poll for responses from other users, you will find that they support the information above, and will confirm that the theme does not have the issues you've listed.

For your situation, I would recommend wiping your device, restoring your OS (I see you're on .151, which is good), and then NOT restoring your backup data. It is well known (thanks to patches) that restoring data commonly induces memory leaks. A search on the board will bring up his thread with detailed info regarding that.

I hope this helps, and I hope you are able to get your OS reloaded so that you have a decent OS to work with, and can enjoy the theme more.

If you'd like to discuss it further or need help with anything, feel free to contact me privately for more guidance

Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you're honest enough to report back even if it's "bad news" for me - I'm just glad that there are no "real" issues here, and the problems are all things that are localized to your device, and fixable (most likely) but a new OS load, and losing the corrupted data.
    08-14-09 09:28 AM
    Dont get me wrong, though, I absolutely love it! It could be just because of all the themes/apps I have and being on .148..

But, I still recommend this theme every chance I get. Its even in my sig
    08-14-09 09:31 AM
    Glow icons would be so much better than the underline. Hope it comes soon.

@Jae
    Im running the wbmbql theme, I know its not the same, exactly, but I do see the memory leak you speak of.. But not the alignment issues.
    Again, this memory leak is NOT in the theme. This has been verified many times. If you read throughout the thread (I know there is a LOT of stuff in here), you will find that the theme was thought to have a leak - but it in fact does not. The issue is thought to have something to do with battery life and the OS. Try this: charge your phone to 100%, and do a battery pull. Now unplug your phone, and your memory will stay stable while the battery level is high. Watch the memory being to drop once your battery hits a lower level. It's something I witnessed many times in my testing, and upon my reports and theories, it was confirmed by other beta testers to be the case. It seems to be an issue with later OS's and the memory management once battery levels get low. My thoughts are that the new (and improved) memory management "slacks off" once the battery gets lower - because the memory management consumes a bit more battery life, so it likely "slows down" when the battery gets lower.

Of course, the other possibility for your leak is a bad 3rd party app, bad OS load, or corrupted restore data.
    08-14-09 09:31 AM
1,521 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD