View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Hi Aug, i have been using your theme and everyone love your theme.......One small suggestion.........is it possible that you change the background of the applications list screen which contains all the application icons............i notice that it is always black and if possible user should be able to change it suitable colors matching his home screen image.......just a thought..........
    Hey saneen!

Glad you're liking the theme I totally understand your suggestion - it's something I WISH I could do. I'd also like to be able to allow the user to set the lock screen wallpaper... but unfortuantely, we can't Plazmic doesn't allow us to do that - we have to hard code it ourselves in development. I hate how it's set up, but there's not much I can do, until Plazmic is updated and HOPEFULLY includes that functions.

Until then, I am able to customize wallpapers in the app list screen and lock scree as people desire, but I can really only do that with a donation - first of all, it will come with access to all beta files, and secondly, there are simply too many request for me to keep up with unless people are giving donations (that really cuts down on the amount of people that make requests).

Hope that makes sense, and I appreciate your suggestion!

Thanks,
    Aug
    08-07-09 11:18 AM
    One other thing i noticed was that when i have a missed call.........i get the phone icon exactly where the message icon is hidden........and most of the times i end up clicking the icon and that would navigate to the messages folder..........is there anything that could be done to shift this somewhere else...........one suggestion could be that in your classic theme make a variant where you have the call log icon instead of icon5 and the missed call icon could figure there and any click on this could lead to the call log menu...........again this is just a thought........
    08-07-09 11:20 AM
    One other thing i noticed was that when i have a missed call.........i get the phone icon exactly where the message icon is hidden........and most of the times i end up clicking the icon and that would navigate to the messages folder..........is there anything that could be done to shift this somewhere else...........one suggestion could be that in your classic theme make a variant where you have the call log icon instead of icon5 and the missed call icon could figure there and any click on this could lead to the call log menu...........again this is just a thought........
    Saneen, another great suggestion!

Unfortunately, the same answer applies Plazmic has ALL of the notification icons grouped together - emails, SMS, BBM, missed calls, facebook, twitter, etc etc - are all kept together. And the size of the "box" that I can allow notifications to show up in is limited as well (simple screen real estate issue) - so if there are more notifications than can fit in the box, they will get pushed out and become invisible.

Additionally there is a bug in Plazmic that only allows us to control the "banner" icons partly in some screens. This means icons can end up overlapping, without our control You might find that one soon enough as well and report it (a couple others have), so I figured I'd just save you the time

This is all stuff I would love to change, but Plazmic simply doesn't allow us to do that yet It's like trying to put a post up here that TALKS to the reader - great idea, and it may seem like it's up to the poster to do that, but in reality, it's simply not supported yet - no matter how clever we get
    08-07-09 11:26 AM
    Sorry for the delay of the post; but here is the screenshot of the best wallpaper I've used so far to go along with this theme:

08-07-09 06:41 PM
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 06:45 PM
    Hey Aug!

Just wanted to plug your themes again! Still running the WBMBT ver. 4.7.1 this theme is solid no leak at all, my favorite by far of all the :l:elle:l: themes!

Being a donor definitely has its privileges, well done my friend!!
    Last edited by cbresciani; 08-08-09 at 01:48 PM.
    08-07-09 09:09 PM
    Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm still using this theme and love it. It gives me access to everything I need from the home screen while still looking sharp.

08-07-09 09:31 PM
    Thanks for your support you two!

08-09-09 11:32 AM
    Thanks for your support you two!

The only complaint I have is that every time I try out another theme I think I might like I end up comparing it to the :l:elle:l: themes, try the new theme for awhile and end up going back to the WBMBT. Dang that sucks, and it's all your fault!!
    08-09-09 12:36 PM
    The only complaint I have is that every time I try out another theme I think I might like I end up comparing it to the :l:elle:l: themes, try the new theme for awhile and end up going back to the WBMBT. Dang that sucks, and it's all your fault!!
    HAHA I have done that numerous times. I've even switched back to the default Zen theme just to remember what it looked like but the first thing I do after I switch themes is go into options click themes and switch back to Elle.

Nothing will compare to Elle!!! For all of you out there who are using the theme and have not donated yet I beg you to reconsider. Aug really takes care of his donors and the updates are truly amazing. Im running WBQLMBTG, and every who sees my phone is amazed at how it looks, even those who have the iphone.

YEA!!!! I AM THE FIRST POSTER ON PAGE 50! CONGRATULATIONS AUG LOOK HOW FAR YOU'VE COME! MY FIRST POST WAS ON PAGE 5 AND NOW PAGE 50!!!! LOL
    Last edited by bryan.grider; 08-10-09 at 08:43 AM. Reason: I wanted to be the first poster on page 50...
    08-10-09 08:40 AM
    Hey thanks for the support guys! Congrats on owning page 50 Bryan!

The support you guys give back to me (such as these posts) is awesome. I do my best to keep on top of stuff for all of you awesome donors! And if I ever slack, just let me know and make sure I didn't get mixed up or something

The GREAT news is that it looks like I may have a 1 week break between the end of my summer work and the beginning of soccer camp... perhaps I will finally get the update rolled out! No promises though, I'm just REALLY hoping to do that!
    08-10-09 10:04 AM
    HAHA
    Nothing will compare to Elle!!! For all of you out there who are using the theme and have not donated yet I beg you to reconsider. Aug really takes care of his donors and the updates are truly amazing. Im running WBQLMBTG, and every who sees my phone is amazed at how it looks, even those who have the iphone.
    Ditto to what Bryan said. This is a great theme. Love HTTSC
    08-10-09 10:20 AM
    Isn't there a way to make the fonts have shadows? I've seen other themes with that feature... It makes the theme work GREAT with BOTH light and dark wallpapers.
    08-10-09 10:27 PM
    Hey jonboy,

That's not really an issue with the new files Donors can vouch for that though. No details please, donors!

Thanks for the suggestion though!

08-10-09 10:31 PM
    I couldn't stand it any longer... Donation sent!!!
    Thank you.
    [email protected]
    08-10-09 11:41 PM
    I couldn't stand it any longer... Donation sent!!!
    Thank you.
    [email protected]
    I can vouch for him! You won't be disappointed!! Augs themes for his donors only are the best!
    08-10-09 11:52 PM
    Hey jonboy,

That's not really an issue with the new files Donors can vouch for that though. No details please, donors!

Thanks for the suggestion though!

I'll vouch for it. They work great.

08-10-09 11:55 PM
    Aug,

Just wanted to let you know I finally downloaded your theme...and WOW...fantastic, great work! I immediately sent a donation...you totally deserve it! Thanks for making a fantastic theme and look forward to any enhancements to this one.

Kevin
    08-11-09 07:45 AM
    Aug0211 is there a reason why a wallpaper won't show. I have tried multiple to get a homescreen image, but the screen is still black. am I doing something wrong?
    08-11-09 10:12 AM
    Aug0211 is there a reason why a wallpaper won't show. I have tried multiple to get a homescreen image, but the screen is still black. am I doing something wrong?
    Hmm, this is odd! You're talking about the screen with the "hidden hot spots," correct? The other screens aren't customizable by users (Plazmic doesn't allow it ).

Is your phone plugged in to a computer by any chance? If my phone is plugged in to a computer, it goes into card access mode, so the pictures that I try to use as a wallpaper won't show up (they're in use by the computer, so not accessible to the phone).

Other than that, make sure you do a battery pull - but there shouldn't be any issue with that! I haven't heard of anyone else having that issue before... are you definitely setting it the normal way? Try setting the them back to default Precision Zen, and change the wallpaper. Does that work? Verify that it works, then switch to :|: elle :|: and switch the wallpaper the same way.

I know it works for sure because I use tons of wallpapers with the theme (at some points, I use wallpaper changers to see as many images as I can).

Keep in touch on if this remains an issue for you. If anyone else has had experience with this, it's news to me, but please post up here so that we can work through it.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and feel free to post any time for help!
    -Aug
    08-11-09 10:29 AM
    Wow, thanks for the support on this page everyone - really great!

To those of you who just sent donations: thank you so much! Be sure to check your emails that you donated from - you're on my list and I've just sent you a donor "goodie package" Enjoy it and feel free to leave feedback - just be sure to read all of the text in it!
    08-11-09 10:29 AM
    Make sure the images you loaded are 360 X 480 pixels. It is possible the image file is corrupted. I had a couple of images early on that were corrupted and I had a black screen on the storm.
    08-11-09 10:55 AM
    Love the theme... excellent work!! Kudos!!

-dE
    08-11-09 11:39 AM
    Auggie,

"Goodie Package" = renders me completely speech less...i will leave it at "wow". Your work is TRULY awesome. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kevin
    08-11-09 12:15 PM
    I love the WBMBQL Theme for my Storm... but it uses up a crazy amount of memory. i go from 30MB at boot down to 15MB free in a short amount of time.
    08-11-09 02:42 PM
1,521 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD