View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Iight everyone, I'm officially downgrading back to .151 as we speak. That means: I will be using the elle theme again. Thats the good news. The bad news is, gonna be a lil while before I can donate lol, going to be sometime next week, going to Chicago in the morning.
    07-29-09 11:59 PM
    Mike - I know you can get BBM back, I just can't remember specifically how. I think there are some threads about it around, but I can't remember specifically enough to help you myself Sorry!

Leecott - I got your PM, I'll send you a message back

CB - I'm glad to see those logs you posted - I really appreciate them. I think at this point I will consider these betas "stable" as far as memory management, and attribute conflicting reports to battery status, which is (fortunately... unfortuantely... not sure which LOL) out of my control. Hopefully that's an issue RIM can solve in the future.

That being said, there are still a couple tiny graphical bugs I need to work out in these betas before releasing. I would LOVE to give myself a deadline to have them completed by, but at this point, I can't do that - life is to hectic with a new puppy and my 2 y/o lab, work, classes, soccer, etc.
    07-30-09 09:13 AM
    I wish I had such a busy schedule. Yet I'm an adolescent living in the highest unemployed state of the US. Very hard to get a job out here at 16 years old.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 09:20 AM
    Haha that sucks man. Well, enjoy your free time. Seriously. Don't waste it - find something you love (maybe try theme development!) and get into it.

If I had discovered theme development a few years back, I would have had MUCH more time to devote to it, and I would be a lot further along than I am now. I'm only 5 years older than you (21), but already my free time is sparse...

Anyway, I just PM'd you - check it out, and definitely read that red text first lol, because the rest of the message may be pointless depending on that red text
    07-30-09 09:28 AM
    I tried theme development. I failed miserably. I'm not too good at photoshop. But if I give plazmic enough time. I'm sure I can whip up something decent. But nowhere near as sophisticated as the elle theme suite.

07-30-09 09:33 AM
    Mike - I know you can get BBM back, I just can't remember specifically how. I think there are some threads about it around, but I can't remember specifically enough to help you myself Sorry!

Leecott - I got your PM, I'll send you a message back

CB - I'm glad to see those logs you posted - I really appreciate them. I think at this point I will consider these betas "stable" as far as memory management, and attribute conflicting reports to battery status, which is (fortunately... unfortuantely... not sure which LOL) out of my control. Hopefully that's an issue RIM can solve in the future.

That being said, there are still a couple tiny graphical bugs I need to work out in these betas before releasing. I would LOVE to give myself a deadline to have them completed by, but at this point, I can't do that - life is to hectic with a new puppy and my 2 y/o lab, work, classes, soccer, etc.
    Auggie,

No big deal..I kinda threw out the BBM to everyone reading the thread.

Mike
    07-30-09 09:57 AM
    I wish I had such a busy schedule. Yet I'm an adolescent living in the highest unemployed state of the US. Very hard to get a job out here at 16 years old.

My daughter is in the same boat.. college freshman and couldn't find work. (not from lack of trying...Seems like nobody wants to hire summer help.

Keep pounding the pavement and be willing to do stuff no one else wants to do.

mike
    07-30-09 10:00 AM
    Haha that sucks man. Well, enjoy your free time. Seriously. Don't waste it - find something you love (maybe try theme development!) and get into it.

If I had discovered theme development a few years back, I would have had MUCH more time to devote to it, and I would be a lot further along than I am now. I'm only 5 years older than you (21), but already my free time is sparse...

Anyway, I just PM'd you - check it out, and definitely read that red text first lol, because the rest of the message may be pointless depending on that red text
    Yeah Auggie...

Get married have a couple of kids...there's no such thing as free time.

Mike
    07-30-09 10:01 AM
    Only problem is the only available jobs out here are in the fast food industry(which I don't want to work in) and even then people are being denied jobs. But it is what it is. I'm still out here trying.

07-30-09 10:02 AM
    Only problem is the only available jobs out here are in the fast food industry(which I don't want to work in) and even then people are being denied jobs. But it is what it is. I'm still out here trying.

wash cars around your area. i did that when i was 16. money wasnt bad. was my own boss.doesnt cost that much for materials. just a suggestion.
    07-30-09 02:04 PM
    if I was at home. I could have washed cars at the buick open. Probably would have brought in heavy revenue.

07-30-09 05:09 PM
    I currently get my email through a BES server and use BES Mailbox to separate my work and personal email. Is it possible to set the Meassages slot to use the BES Mailbox instead of the Messages app?
    07-31-09 09:42 AM
    I currently get my email through a BES server and use BES Mailbox to separate my work and personal email. Is it possible to set the Meassages slot to use the BES Mailbox instead of the Messages app?
    Hmmm... I'm not sure about this. I could definitely do a custom version for you in the future, and work it out so that the BES Mailbox would go to that message slot... Once I get these new versions up and posted, send me a PM and we'll get back to this. Sound good?
    07-31-09 02:19 PM
    I'm happy to say that I love this theme even more. I got my free copy of wallpaper shuffle via crackberry contests.

07-31-09 02:46 PM
    I want to thank you for this wonderful theme. I was finally able to upgrade to .151 without losing too much of my themes old functionality.

(Seriously, I was using blackberry EVO and it rocked. I could not bear to be without it until I found this.) Thanks again.
    07-31-09 07:52 PM
    Is there a way to put a pic in the landscape mode?
    08-02-09 05:04 PM
    I want to thank you for this wonderful theme. I was finally able to upgrade to .151 without losing too much of my themes old functionality.

(Seriously, I was using blackberry EVO and it rocked. I could not bear to be without it until I found this.) Thanks again.
    I'm glad you like it! It makes me happy to know that I'm able to help out some people like you with this. Enjoy it! And keep in touch to let us know how it's working for you
    08-02-09 05:10 PM
    Is there a way to put a pic in the landscape mode?
    I do stuff like this for donations I saw your PM, I'll respond to that too with more detailed info.
    08-02-09 05:11 PM
    Love the themes. I've been using the quicklaunch one for about 2 weeks now, and I don't want any other theme. I love it....
    08-02-09 07:03 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to install a theme, I have the Blackberry Storm. Thanks in advance.

Update: I followed the link with my BBS and downloaded the :|: elle :|: Weather + MeterBerry Edition it was a .jad file and it downloaded but as far as I can tell it didn't install a theme anywhere. I found the file in the Application but as far as I can tell I don't have a theme. I looked under options and saw a default theme there but that was it. I really don't have a clue at what I'm doing.

Thanks again, Bitlockers
    Last edited by Bitlockers; 08-02-09 at 10:56 PM. Reason: More Info.
    08-02-09 09:47 PM
    Those are some pretty cool wallpapers..
    08-02-09 10:21 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to install a theme, I have the Blackberry Storm. Thanks in advance.

Update: I followed the link with my BBS and downloaded the :|: elle :|: Weather + MeterBerry Edition it was a .jad file and it downloaded but as far as I can tell it didn't install a theme anywhere. I found the file in the Application but as far as I can tell I don't have a theme. I looked under options and saw a default theme there but that was it. I really don't have a clue at what I'm doing.

Thanks again, Bitlockers
    Take the OTA link straight from the BB browser and you're good.

08-03-09 12:42 AM
    Love the themes. I've been using the quicklaunch one for about 2 weeks now, and I don't want any other theme. I love it....
    Glad you're enjoying it Michael! Keep us posted on how it goes for ya
    08-03-09 11:43 AM

Thanks again, Bitlockers
    Yeah, the link should be straight from your BB, from the 1st post in this thread

That being said, there are some technical difficulties right now. I think the OTA server is down. All files (public and private) seem to be down at the moment. Trying to get a hold of my awesome OTA guy to see if he has any info on it...

Hang in there!
    08-03-09 11:45 AM
    Those are some pretty cool wallpapers..
    Thanks! Did you follow the link in my first post? You can download them all there I just collected them from around the forums, and put up ones that I liked.

I think I have accumulated a few more, but I'll probably wait a while before updating that page - too much stuff going on right now!
    08-03-09 11:46 AM
1,521 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD