View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    You're correct; please read the OP. It has information in it you may find helpful.

Just noticed something, there's no alarm icon next to the time when you have it set, on any screen!
    I'm using the QL version at the moment.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 08:04 PM
    Damn, I don't know how I missed that. Oh I know, the search doesn't work on images,,,lol
    I kind of like the sense of security seeing that alarm icon there, as I rely on it a lot.
    07-21-09 08:16 PM
    Damn, I don't know how I missed that. Oh I know, the search doesn't work on images,,,lol
    I kind of like the sense of security seeing that alarm icon there, as I rely on it a lot.
    Lol yup, good point - got to manually read those haha.

I understand what you're saying - about liking to know it's there for security. I totally rely on my alarm every single day to wake me up for work, so I understand. In fact, my alarm stays set all of the time - except for weekends, so really, I see that icon all the time - except for Friday and Saturday nights. It got to be a pain - I always saw it and was like I KNOW my alarm is on - I set it and I didn't turn it off! On top of that, I always know my alarm is on because it shows up red right when I plug my phone in to go to bed each night. That's when I do my OCD double check to make sure it's on - right when I plug my phone in, the clock app opens up, and right there in red text is my alarm time, so that I know it's set.

I removed it because it's pretty unnecessary (at least for me, since I don't need to know if my alarm is set during the day... only just before going to bed, at which point I plug my phone in/open clock app to enable bedside mode), but also because of space constraints. The layout of this theme is such that only so many things can me shown - the same reason we see only room for two types of message notifications (in most cases) - the Storm's screen simply isn't wide enough to incorporate more - and to use more height in the banner would mean introducing dialpad cutoff, which I am not willing to do in this theme

As always, I'm willing to discuss a custom version for you, but at this point it pretty much has to come with a donation - sorry, but I'm currently trying to support 19 - yes, nineteen - versions of this theme to all of my users, and as you can guess, it's quite a handful, and my time is limited.
    07-21-09 08:27 PM
    Some time ago I tried this theme with my previous OS .78 and my QL didn't work correctly - I couldn't see the scroll bar and using a light wallpaper I noticed that it was black on black. I deleted "elle" because QL is important for me, I use it all the time...
    Now I upgraded to OS .141 and tried "elle" again and all works without any problems - and my QL shows the blue scroll bar!
    I love having quick access to my favourite apps and the simplicity of "elle" and just donated to honour this great work!
    07-22-09 02:18 AM
    Lol yup, good point - got to manually read those haha.

I understand what you're saying - about liking to know it's there for security. I totally rely on my alarm every single day to wake me up for work, so I understand. In fact, my alarm stays set all of the time - except for weekends, so really, I see that icon all the time - except for Friday and Saturday nights. It got to be a pain - I always saw it and was like I KNOW my alarm is on - I set it and I didn't turn it off! On top of that, I always know my alarm is on because it shows up red right when I plug my phone in to go to bed each night. That's when I do my OCD double check to make sure it's on - right when I plug my phone in, the clock app opens up, and right there in red text is my alarm time, so that I know it's set.

I removed it because it's pretty unnecessary (at least for me, since I don't need to know if my alarm is set during the day... only just before going to bed, at which point I plug my phone in/open clock app to enable bedside mode), but also because of space constraints. The layout of this theme is such that only so many things can me shown - the same reason we see only room for two types of message notifications (in most cases) - the Storm's screen simply isn't wide enough to incorporate more - and to use more height in the banner would mean introducing dialpad cutoff, which I am not willing to do in this theme

As always, I'm willing to discuss a custom version for you, but at this point it pretty much has to come with a donation - sorry, but I'm currently trying to support 19 - yes, nineteen - versions of this theme to all of my users, and as you can guess, it's quite a handful, and my time is limited.
    As for the alarm clock function, I bought the docking station from Verizion (actually I bought 2). The one I use at home is on my night stand. When I dock at night, the Storm goes into bedside mode, and I see the alarm function is on and set. Charges all night and wakes me up in the morning.

The docking station at work tethers the Storm to my laptop so I can acess the file system. Also it keep it charged as I run iHeart radio most of the day.

Mike
    (aka Stew)
    Last edited by ITF36059; 07-22-09 at 08:31 AM.
    07-22-09 08:26 AM
    It's wednesday which means yes! I'm finally going to the bank and I will be able to make that crucial donation. I def want to get the glow icons and I'd love to support this theme more. Just look at the sig. Haha.

07-22-09 08:39 AM
    Some time ago I tried this theme with my previous OS .78 and my QL didn't work correctly - I couldn't see the scroll bar and using a light wallpaper I noticed that it was black on black. I deleted "elle" because QL is important for me, I use it all the time...
    Now I upgraded to OS .141 and tried "elle" again and all works without any problems - and my QL shows the blue scroll bar!
    I love having quick access to my favourite apps and the simplicity of "elle" and just donated to honour this great work!
    Hey Sixtina!

Thanks for the support - hopefully you got my emails today also I'm really happy the QL issue is fixed for ya' - that app is awesome and it really has come a far way - both as we got new phone OS options, and as the app was updated. I love the latest versions

Anyway, keep in touch with me, and keep me updated on if you have any issues or anything. You've got my email address now
    07-22-09 09:30 AM
    As for the alarm clock function, I bought the docking station from Verizion (actually I bought 2). The one I use at home is on my night stand. When I dock at night, the Storm goes into bedside mode, and I see the alarm function is on and set. Charges all night and wakes me up in the morning.

The docking station at work tethers the Storm to my laptop so I can acess the file system. Also it keep it charged as I run iHeart radio most of the day.

Mike
    (aka Stew)
    Mike, once again, I think you and I are on the same page - pretty similar setup here Although, I don't use a docking station - are they nice? I may look into that. Ok, oops...[/OFF TOPIC]
    07-22-09 09:33 AM
    It's wednesday which means yes! I'm finally going to the bank and I will be able to make that crucial donation. I def want to get the glow icons and I'd love to support this theme more. Just look at the sig. Haha.

Thanks a bunch leecott I really appreciate your support!
    07-22-09 09:44 AM
    Hey Sixtina!

Thanks for the support - hopefully you got my emails today also I'm really happy the QL issue is fixed for ya' - that app is awesome and it really has come a far way - both as we got new phone OS options, and as the app was updated. I love the latest versions

Anyway, keep in touch with me, and keep me updated on if you have any issues or anything. You've got my email address now
    I've got your emails, thank you very much! So far, I noticed no issues for my OS and my beloved QL!
    07-22-09 10:27 AM
    Mike, once again, I think you and I are on the same page - pretty similar setup here Although, I don't use a docking station - are they nice? I may look into that. Ok, oops...[/OFF TOPIC]
    Yeah, They are real nice. I bought them at Verizon cause I get a 25% corporate discount. Keeps it charged and tethered to my laptop during the day and charged and my alarm clock at nite.
    07-22-09 10:59 AM
    OK, since I wanted the alarm icon (because I don't always have it docked or charging), and some larger fonts in areas, I took a chance at making the changes on my own and actually creating my first theme. Boy, did I learn alot in the last day and a half about themes,, lol
    I made it basically like elle, as far as the hidden icons on the homescreen(yes it is a QL version), except I made the area you click for the Application List a little smaller(160x160), as I kept "accidentally" hitting it whilst trying to click on the other areas.
    Also used a font that has a semi black stroke around it so you can see it a little better against a white wallpaper (see image).
    Kept everything else pretty much stock for now, until I get some more free time.

And a special thanks to Aug0211 for coming out with elle! One of the best themes by far, with it's clean simplicity and full functionality, which inspired me to finally work on my own

07-22-09 12:13 PM
    Aug0211,

I have been using the QuickLaunch +MeterBerry version for 3-5 days now. Absolutely love it. I just submitted a donation. Keep up the good work.

I would like to beta test if you need/want another tester.
    07-22-09 01:23 PM
    As for the donation (which will come soon enough), my check wasn't received today, but as soon as it is received I will give you that donation, kinda makes me angry that it wasn't received today.

As for a current hardware issue:
    I'm now running 5.0.0.140 and the elle classic theme has message indicator issues, along with many other themes. Hopefully soon there will be a fix with this because I now have to use the default theme. =/
    07-22-09 03:59 PM
    Aug0211,

I have been using the QuickLaunch +MeterBerry version for 3-5 days now. Absolutely love it. I just submitted a donation. Keep up the good work.

I would like to beta test if you need/want another tester.
    Thanks

Did you get an email from me? I don't remember seeing your name attached to a donation today... maybe it just didn't go through yet. If you donated and didn't get anything from me, send my your email address via PM so I can double check... but I don't think I got many (any?) donations today to be honest. Been a busy day though so who knows!

Thanks, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!
    07-22-09 04:08 PM
    As for the donation (which will come soon enough), my check wasn't received today, but as soon as it is received I will give you that donation, kinda makes me angry that it wasn't received today.

As for a current hardware issue:
    I'm now running 5.0.0.140 and the elle classic theme has message indicator issues, along with many other themes. Hopefully soon there will be a fix with this because I now have to use the default theme. =/

Thanks - and don't rush too much with the donation, I don't want you to be tooo worried about it

As far as 5.0 not working with elle - I haven't tested yet myself, so I can't confirm or deny this - but I did have another user tell me personally that message indicators are working fine with him on elle in 5.0... Time will tell - and I haven't had time to install 5.0 yet myself to test, but I will tonight/tomorrow hopefully

Keep the thread posted, anyone else who runs 5.0!
    07-22-09 04:11 PM
    Thanks - and don't rush too much with the donation, I don't want you to be tooo worried about it

As far as 5.0 not working with elle - I haven't tested yet myself, so I can't confirm or deny this - but I did have another user tell me personally that message indicators are working fine with him on elle in 5.0... Time will tell - and I haven't had time to install 5.0 yet myself to test, but I will tonight/tomorrow hopefully

Keep the thread posted, anyone else who runs 5.0!
    Sounds good, I had to do 5-6 battery pulls for 5.0 to run smoothly, with the default it's running good, i'll change back to the elle theme and do another battery pull, and i'll delete my post on theme compatibility haha. But I want to rush because I want those glow icons
    07-22-09 04:13 PM
    Sounds good, I had to do 5-6 battery pulls for 5.0 to run smoothly, with the default it's running good, i'll change back to the elle theme and do another battery pull, and i'll delete my post on theme compatibility haha. But I want to rush because I want those glow icons
    No need to remove your post - only do it if the theme starts working perfectly for ya Hopefully we'll get more reports in soon. Just got another confirmation from the same user I mentioned before who is telling me that the elle theme is working fine in 5.0...

Oh, by the way, leecott, please PM me
    07-22-09 04:16 PM
    I've done plenty of battery pulls now(running 5.0.0.140) with the elle classic theme and the notifications seem to work for a small period of time, then they decide not to work and time for another battery pull. So as of now I'm going to stick to the default theme until a workaround or a new OS is released if I can't figure out how to wipe and reload my OS, which I've never had to do before.

But other than that, I think it's just due to a bad load because others don't have any issues with the theme compatibility with 5.0.0.140.
    07-22-09 04:43 PM
    I'll confirm elle is working just fine for me with 5.0

still just as fast. and oh so smooth.
    07-22-09 04:51 PM

Sounds like my OS is just buggy, I wish I knew how to wipe and reload it, but I'm afraid of bricking it.
    07-22-09 04:53 PM
    Sorry Auggie,

The donation did not go through the first time but it did the 2nd time. You should have it shortly.
    07-22-09 04:59 PM
    You've got mail

Thanks a lot! Keep us posted on how it goes for you!
    07-22-09 05:03 PM

Thanks for keeping us posted on that I definitely appreciate it!

To everyone else: I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to test myself yet - I am 3/4 of the way through a 24 hour test cycle with one of my beta files, so I don't want to interrupt that cycle - plus I've been busy today and no time to test out 5.0 yet!

I'll keep everyone posted, in the mean time, others feel free to chime in!

Thanks
    07-22-09 05:05 PM
    After wiping my device and reloading the 5.0 OS, I forgot to back up my 3rd party apps, meaning I had to redownload the elle classic theme. But no big deal.

Findings: After doing a batt pull and wiping my device and reloading, the notification bug appeared again after the first 2 sms messages. After another batt pull, same problem persists. Of course the theme works smoothly, but the notifications are messed up after you receive a few messages. For right now I'm just going to use the bugless default theme, hopefully there will be a fix for this bug or an update of the OS very soon.
    07-22-09 06:54 PM
1,521 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD