View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Hmmm... Bold "glow" icons, that might be pretty sweet! Don't know for sure though, this theme is so unique the way it is! That would be a hard decision to make!
    Good to see you checking in

I made myself a "custom" version of :|: elle :|: with the BB Bold's "glowing" icons resized (for anyone who doesn't know, resizing is a PITA lol). I have had a couple of requests to do some icons, and I figured if I ever did it, those would be the ones - I think they fit the theme and are pretty subtle. I wanted to see how much bigger they made the theme files, and if they caused a leak at all.

They theme is definitely a lot bigger (around 2x in size, I think), but the leak is still not there.

Anyway, donors, be checking your email today (soon)...
    07-18-09 10:44 AM
    I would love to see the Bold 'glow' icon in this theme, still working on getting that donation together. =]
    07-18-09 11:52 AM
    theme looks great. i was looking for something simple like this that worked with .151

thanks!
    07-18-09 12:20 PM
    I would love to see the Bold 'glow' icon in this theme, still working on getting that donation together. =]
    Keep your hopes going, leecott Releasing some stuff to my donors today for their testing - they can't tell you any specific features as per agreement, but they can tell you whether they like it or not. And some of the future of this theme is in their hands, so they have the ability to make glow icons a reality. As always, I'll be willing to do a customization for you with a decent donation
    07-18-09 12:29 PM
    theme looks great. i was looking for something simple like this that worked with .151

thanks!

Glad you like it, mrdrink!
    07-18-09 12:29 PM
    Important, time sensitive, confidential email going out to all donors shortly.
    07-18-09 12:31 PM
    I really like your theme and have been promoting you heavily! Donation sent
    07-18-09 12:47 PM
    Keep your hopes going, leecott Releasing some stuff to my donors today for their testing - they can't tell you any specific features as per agreement, but they can tell you whether they like it or not. And some of the future of this theme is in their hands, so they have the ability to make glow icons a reality. As always, I'll be willing to do a customization for you with a decent donation
    Should be able to get the donation in by Monday, no later than Wednesday, just have to transfer some funds into my bank account and all is well. =]

Too bad I can't get a refund on the iBerry Blocks L Theme I bought a long time ago when themes first started rolling out.
    07-18-09 12:53 PM
    For the time being, I'll promote this theme in my sig, did a few promotions on those 'best themes' threads, gotta show some love to a well built, fully functional, OS friendly, storm-accelerating theme. For some reason I like the way I worded that haha.
    07-18-09 12:57 PM
    donation sent , hope i can get to test the new theme and improvement
    07-18-09 05:44 PM
    Awesome updates. I would love to have the Glow icons for the non QL WBMB version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 05:58 PM
    Well Sir.
    All I can say is you continue to excel!!!
    Just given yourself more work as we are all gonna want those dreamy icons ;-)
    The whole show looks crisper and if possible better balanced.

A+

07-18-09 06:29 PM
    oh boy oh boy oh boy , cant wait for the email update
    07-18-09 06:34 PM
    Aug, what can I say, I didn't think these could get much better, but they did!! Really like the new updates and the attention to the little details! I would agree with Mayze! Well done my friend!!
    07-18-09 08:17 PM
    i've already said this, but just to keep up my part... this is by far the best theme out there right now for the storm. for me, my phone needs to be quick and functional. this theme makes that happen. no lag at all. fast and functional and without the clutter of most other themes. well worth a donation/purchase. props to auggie for continuing with development!!! love the updates!!
    07-18-09 11:52 PM
    Thanks everyone

Hope the betas are going well! Keep me updated with any suggestions via email!

07-19-09 02:26 AM
    love the new beta with the gl icons and was wondering if u could add them to the wb edition
    07-19-09 05:29 AM
    Hey Aug, the beta version (glow icons) is just fantastic. A beautiful theme of developments :|: Elle :|:. One of the most successful themes. Great job !
    07-19-09 06:09 AM
    love the new beta with the gl icons and was wondering if u could add them to the wb edition
    Hey Aug, the beta version (glow icons) is just fantastic. A beautiful theme of developments :|: Elle :|:. One of the most successful themes. Great job !
    Hey, thanks guys! Glad you're liking the glow. We'll see what happens in the future with that, depends totally on stability/size/leak.
    07-19-09 01:12 PM
    i've already said this, but just to keep up my part... this is by far the best theme out there right now for the storm. for me, my phone needs to be quick and functional. this theme makes that happen. no lag at all. fast and functional and without the clutter of most other themes. well worth a donation/purchase. props to auggie for continuing with development!!! love the updates!!
    I agree my favorite theme! Looking forward to the Classic and WB editions with glow icons (fingers crossed )
    07-19-09 07:02 PM
    If any donors didn't get an email from me yesterday, send me an email and let me know I missed you!
    07-19-09 08:06 PM
    to answer questions:
    I like the design of the battery icon (full icon with percentage).
    For memory, it fell from 40.6 to 38.1 in 26 hours...
    I got the glow version and all it's stable - No problema -
    07-20-09 10:20 AM
    Hey Aug0211, I just wanted to say this is the best theme I have ever tried. I'm normally a zen fan but tried this theme thinking that is all it would be. I've normally found themes, even zen style to slow up the storm enough that I go back to stock but this theme once I got used to the concept and it is fast. Anyway since you were asking for ideas and moving pixel by pixel I am running the Classic version and on the landscape view the GPS and signal indicators are cramped together more than the portrait view. I have the new BBM 5, not sure if that matters and maybe the field is as long as possible but if I just tap icon 1 area the text shown is "Blackberry Messeng..." only. Very minor but I read almost every page of this thread, you may have already adjusted this in the beta.

07-20-09 03:04 PM
    to answer questions:
    I like the design of the battery icon (full icon with percentage).
    For memory, it fell from 40.6 to 38.1 in 26 hours...
    I got the glow version and all it's stable - No problema -

Wow, glad you're enjoying it and not having any memory leak! Do you mind me asking what apps you have installed on your phone? And also, do you have the BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 leak on your phone?

I only ask because I'm trying to find out the reason why SOME users are leaking (myself included) with the new beta files, and others (like you!) aren't leaking any memory.

If I can't figure out the culprit, I'm going to have to rework these beta files somehow to try to get the leak out.

Thanks a lot, this info is very helpful to me!
    07-20-09 04:54 PM
    Hey Aug0211, I just wanted to say this is the best theme I have ever tried. I'm normally a zen fan but tried this theme thinking that is all it would be. I've normally found themes, even zen style to slow up the storm enough that I go back to stock but this theme once I got used to the concept and it is fast. Anyway since you were asking for ideas and moving pixel by pixel I am running the Classic version and on the landscape view the GPS and signal indicators are cramped together more than the portrait view. I have the new BBM 5, not sure if that matters and maybe the field is as long as possible but if I just tap icon 1 area the text shown is "Blackberry Messeng..." only. Very minor but I read almost every page of this thread, you may have already adjusted this in the beta.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you're liking it - and that you were able to break away from Zen! And you know what - you're right about the landscape view. Those need to be moved over to match the portrait view. I really appreciate your input!

As far as the "Blackberry Messeng..." I don't think I'm able to do anything about that I could make the text smaller so it would all fit, but I don't think there's anything else in my power to fix that I'm sorry!

Send an email to RIM and tell them to change the name of "Blackberry Messenger" to "BBM" and we won't have a problem

If anyone thinks of a way to fix that issue, definitely let me know - I'm open to learning
    07-20-09 04:59 PM
1,521 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD