View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Hey everyone - thanks for the nice comments on this page and the one before I appreciate it!

I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting - work is really kicking my **** right now... deadline at the end of this week for a new project so hopefully I'll have time on the weekend to update everything and roll out my latest changes.

Of course, a deadline at the end of this week just means another new project next week :-/ So we'll see how it goes... But I am definitely still working away at this every chance I get - don't think I've dropped the project

The wallpaper changers are a great idea, and I'm still trying to decide which one I like more - VA or wallpaper changer.

Dave - I'll shoot you a PM once I'm able to unlock the files (on work machine now, need to get back to work ASAP), so hopefully we can connect soon. I'm really sorry to keep everyone waiting!

Thx,
    Aug
    07-16-09 10:34 AM
    Note this app bleeeeds memory!
    I too had issues with VA.

Went to wallpaper changer
    07-16-09 11:10 AM
    Aug0211,
    Great great theme! I've been using the WB QL for a few days now and I'm happy with it. I was wondering if you'd be interested or even if it's do-able to modify this theme. What I was hoping for is instead of the hidden hotspots for the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th icons, there would be a hidden pop up dock across the bottom, just over the lower banner with the date in it that displays those icons when you hover over it.
    I'd be more than willing to donate. Please let me know if this is a possibility.
    I know you're busy so whenever you get around to it.
    Thanks and keep up the great work
    Last edited by Penutbutter_N_Jelly; 07-16-09 at 02:25 PM.
    07-16-09 02:15 PM
    Hey everyone - thanks for the nice comments on this page and the one before I appreciate it!

I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting - work is really kicking my **** right now... deadline at the end of this week for a new project so hopefully I'll have time on the weekend to update everything and roll out my latest changes.

Of course, a deadline at the end of this week just means another new project next week :-/ So we'll see how it goes... But I am definitely still working away at this every chance I get - don't think I've dropped the project

The wallpaper changers are a great idea, and I'm still trying to decide which one I like more - VA or wallpaper changer.

Dave - I'll shoot you a PM once I'm able to unlock the files (on work machine now, need to get back to work ASAP), so hopefully we can connect soon. I'm really sorry to keep everyone waiting!

Thx,
    Aug
    I can hardly wait! These are by far the best iconless themes out there IMO!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 02:20 PM
    This is a great theme! But could you make it so the font size can be changed?
    I tried changing it in the BB options but it doesn't effect it.

TIA

07-16-09 02:39 PM
    T
    Note this app bleeeeds memory!
    Haha of course you would say that since your name is visual arts and I'm guessing you created the app. I've had no problems with wallpaper changer leaking memory

07-16-09 03:32 PM
    Oh sorry read that wrong.

07-16-09 03:34 PM

Thx,
    Aug
    I will be looking forward to the updates for sure.
    07-16-09 08:01 PM
    Auggie,

On the Beta version, when the message icon appears (lower left) you have 2 icons, one for email, one for sms. I believe that when I have email, I click on that touch zone and the email app appears. If I have an SMS, that app does not get started. Is that by design or am I missing something.

Mike

EDIT: Anyone else knows this please chime in. I'd rather Auggie adding weather and meterberry than answer my stoopid questions.
    Last edited by ITF36059; 07-17-09 at 12:06 PM.
    07-17-09 11:53 AM
    Thank you! Glad to see that there are still devs out there that still care about the users! Other than that I love the theme, I'll take a screen capture of the wallpaper I'm using with it, although the default black looks flawless, I'm thinking about using a wallpaper switcher application because I have hundreds of them, and this theme is PERFECT for just that and user compatibility. The UI is very well setup, and I love the hidden buttons! Especially the today, if I have the sms app button highlighted and I receive a text, I love the fact that the display is nice and big so I can see the message on hand, and the bright font seems to work on ALL wallpapers I've used so far. Definitely thinking about giving a donation when I get some money into my checking account, this theme is by far the best. 5 stars.

Glad to hear you're liking it so far and it's working for ya'

I do try my best to support this theme - although this week has been a particularly busy week for me, so support has been tough. Hoping stuff will slow down next week, but I'm not sure I appreciate a donation if you can get one together, but no pressure. It does mean a lot since I've put so many hours/days/weeks into this, but don't break your back over it
    07-17-09 12:02 PM
    Wow!!
    ok sorry man I dont really use that email anymore but its the one linked to my paypal site. I use the same email name but on yahoo now.

Anyways, WOW! what an email. didnt get a chance to download it yet cause its locked but understandable. ill be on here for a few hours tonight if you get this in time let me know.

cant tell you how excited i am for this. your a genius for your new idea by the way... Genius! cant wait to try it out
    Dude, I have been so scrambled up over the past 4 days that I can't remember if I ever got you set up! and I know you've been waiting for a while... I'm really hoping we ended up working it out lol but i seriously can't remember. My email wouldn't let me send anything out and that confused the HECK out of me, because I had to use a DIFFERENT address to send everything, so I can see who all I have emailed back lol.

Let me know if I never got you set up, and I will get you going ASAP. As I'm typing this, I feel like I did get synced up with you at one point and get you going, but I want to be sure. Let me know if I didn't - you have my email address, and it's finally working again lol so let me know whenever it's convenient for you, and I'll make it a priority
    07-17-09 12:06 PM
    Hey Aug what is your futur project about this theme or another
    07-17-09 12:06 PM
    Hey Aug what is your futur project about this theme or another
    At the moment, I'm trying to focus 100% of my theme development on this project. Really, it's probably only 99% - because I can't help but always think of a new idea.

I really, really want to get the updates out that I'm currently working on for :|: elle :|: but I won't release it until it's right. I hate to keep everyone waiting, but I'm not OK with releasing a product that I'm not 100% sold on myself.

Initially, I had hoped for a release last weekend - but then I encountered a major bug in a new feature, so I had to put that off. I thought development was done lol, but development is NEVER done

Anyway, to answer your question, any future update I've mentioned is specific to this theme. I do plan on continuing once I finish up the :|: elle :|: suite, but that's a ways out still, at this point
    07-17-09 12:12 PM
    still lovin the elle!!!
    07-17-09 12:15 PM
    I'm happy with this theme, simply because it is the one theme that doesn't leak memory what so ever.
    Thanks, Shlooky! I have to admit, it's one of my favorite things about it as well. I literally don't lose any memory throughout the day. I downloaded 2 new apps yesterday, and started leaking a lot Both apps are gone now, and memory is stable once again.

It's the simplicity that keeps this stable on memory. It's kind of a trade-off: you lost a lot of the advanced features (animations, etc), but you don't leak any memory.

For this theme suite, I'm going to try to keep memory usage a top priority
    07-17-09 12:18 PM
    Aug0211,
    Great great theme! I've been using the WB QL for a few days now and I'm happy with it. I was wondering if you'd be interested or even if it's do-able to modify this theme. What I was hoping for is instead of the hidden hotspots for the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th icons, there would be a hidden pop up dock across the bottom, just over the lower banner with the date in it that displays those icons when you hover over it.
    I'd be more than willing to donate. Please let me know if this is a possibility.
    I know you're busy so whenever you get around to it.
    Thanks and keep up the great work
    I know what you're saying 100%

I don't think I'm going to do that with this theme at all though I would love it - I'm a huge fan of sliding docks - but until I am able to figure out how to do one without leaking lots of memory, I am hesitant to do it.

Especially since this theme is meant to be a minimalistic theme... I don't want to introduce too many fancy features into it that will have a negative impact on performance/memory.

It's a great idea, and I'm with you on it - but there are just too many negatives that come with it
    07-17-09 12:31 PM
    Thanks, Shlooky! I have to admit, it's one of my favorite things about it as well. I literally don't lose any memory throughout the day. I downloaded 2 new apps yesterday, and started leaking a lot Both apps are gone now, and memory is stable once again.

It's the simplicity that keeps this stable on memory. It's kind of a trade-off: you lost a lot of the advanced features (animations, etc), but you don't leak any memory.

For this theme suite, I'm going to try to keep memory usage a top priority
    It does exactly what this theme is intended to do, very well. I like the fact that I have a clean screen with the wallpaper of my choice.

Icons? We don't need no stinkin' fancy icons.

Looking foward to WB an MB returning. I just ordered MB today.

Mike
    07-17-09 12:31 PM
    This is a great theme! But could you make it so the font size can be changed?
    I tried changing it in the BB options but it doesn't effect it.

TIA

This is another thing I'd love to do. However, Plazmic won't let me. To my best knowledge, the themes are set in size in Plazmic, and cannot be changed. If you do change the font size in the BB Options, SOME fonts will change in size - but not all. Unfortunately, that's the best RIM has to offer right now

If I recall correctly, you sent me a PM recently about this. I'm pretty sure it was you, although I am JUST NOW getting back to my laptop to take care of concerns. If it was you who left the PM, expect a response from me (in not tooooo long...)

Thanks for the question!
    07-17-09 12:38 PM
    It does exactly what this theme is intended to do, very well. I like the fact that I have a clean screen with the wallpaper of my choice.

Icons? We don't need no stinkin' fancy icons.

Looking foward to WB an MB returning. I just ordered MB today.

Mike
    Haha, glad we're on the same page with that Mike! A lot of people want custom icons - I am willing to do the Bold styled "glow" icons for people who really want it and donate. I'm testing a version on my phone right now with the glow icons, and I think it made the size a little over 300 kb - so still not huge, but a little over doubled the size of what it was. Still no memory leak, and still very fast, so I'm thinking of doing it across the board. I may add a poll to the page to see what people think.

I hope you enjoy MB when you get it set up - it really is an awesome app!
    07-17-09 12:45 PM
    Haha, glad we're on the same page with that Mike! A lot of people want custom icons - I am willing to do the Bold styled "glow" icons for people who really want it and donate. I'm testing a version on my phone right now with the glow icons, and I think it made the size a little over 300 kb - so still not huge, but a little over doubled the size of what it was. Still no memory leak, and still very fast, so I'm thinking of doing it across the board. I may add a poll to the page to see what people think.

Are we gonna get the WB MB icons back? Ju$t curiou$.....
    07-17-09 12:52 PM
    Auggie,

On the Beta version, when the message icon appears (lower left) you have 2 icons, one for email, one for sms. I believe that when I have email, I click on that touch zone and the email app appears. If I have an SMS, that app does not get started. Is that by design or am I missing something.

Mike

EDIT: Anyone else knows this please chime in. I'd rather Auggie adding weather and meterberry than answer my stoopid questions.
    Haha, your questions aren't stupid!

OK, here's the deal - Plazmic won't let me split up the notification icons. So, the SMS and Email notifications both show up right next to each other. This makes it SEEM like clicking the hot spot down there SHOULD open up whichever app is appropriate. Makes total sense to me. But, it's currently hard-coded to ONLY open messages - the current () versions of :|: elle :|: are primarily target at combined inbox users. The current versions.

Now, I still can't split up the notifications - so that SMS appears in, oh say, an SMS hot spot... and Emails show up in an Email hot spot. In other words, I can do TWO hot spots - one for SMS and one for Emails - but I can only do ONE notifications area This means that no matter what, there's always going to be some slight issue with this - clicking the message notification icon will not ALWAYS open the appropriate messaging app (for separate inbox users).

Now, if RIM would let me separate the notifications within Plazmic, it'd be a different story!

I'm really sorry about this - it annoys the HECK out of me. Balance/symmetry AND function would be better if they'd let me split the notifications, but they won't

Maybe in a future Plazmic release...

Oh - and just so you know - I'm working on a feature that goes across the board in all themes right now - so answering questions really isn't delaying the release of any specific versions right now. We're still a few days out. Sorry!
    07-17-09 12:54 PM
    Are we gonna get the WB MB icons back? Ju$t curiou$.....

Haha, no worries. They'll be back. You're on beta right now right? Still have my email address?

Shoot me an email...
    07-17-09 12:56 PM
    Haha, your questions aren't stupid!

OK, here's the deal - Plazmic won't let me split up the notification icons. So, the SMS and Email notifications both show up right next to each other. This makes it SEEM like clicking the hot spot down there SHOULD open up whichever app is appropriate. Makes total sense to me. But, it's currently hard-coded to ONLY open messages - the current () versions of :|: elle :|: are primarily target at combined inbox users. The current versions.

Now, I still can't split up the notifications - so that SMS appears in, oh say, an SMS hot spot... and Emails show up in an Email hot spot. In other words, I can do TWO hot spots - one for SMS and one for Emails - but I can only do ONE notifications area This means that no matter what, there's always going to be some slight issue with this - clicking the message notification icon will not ALWAYS open the appropriate messaging app (for separate inbox users).

Now, if RIM would let me separate the notifications within Plazmic, it'd be a different story!

I'm really sorry about this - it annoys the HECK out of me. Balance/symmetry AND function would be better if they'd let me split the notifications, but they won't

Maybe in a future Plazmic release...

Oh - and just so you know - I'm working on a feature that goes across the board in all themes right now - so answering questions really isn't delaying the release of any specific versions right now. We're still a few days out. Sorry!
    Then it's definitely a design issue. That's all I need to know. I don't think you want to add too many of these small touchzones, you'll run into human factors issues.
    07-17-09 01:11 PM
    Then it's definitely a design issue. That's all I need to know. I don't think you want to add too many of these small touchzones, you'll run into human factors issues.
    That and the SMS icon does not always appear in the same place -- the locations of all the notification icons are relative to one another and depend on how many notifications there are at once. So even if he split up the touch zones into smaller zones with separate email and SMS zones, it's no guarantee that you'll be able to launch SMS by pressing on the SMS notification every time.
    07-17-09 07:01 PM

Hmmm... Bold "glow" icons, that might be pretty sweet! Don't know for sure though, this theme is so unique the way it is! That would be a hard decision to make!
    07-17-09 10:46 PM
1,521 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD