View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    You've been busy!!! Love the variations you came up with, and your presentation. Great job -
    07-05-09 09:54 PM
    You've been busy!!! Love the variations you came up with, and your presentation. Great job -
    Thanks vipe! Yours is looking great too! Send me an email when you get a moment if you can... I lost your email address lol
    07-05-09 10:05 PM
    Ok here is the memory log from running your latest beta version! Outstanding!!! I don't know why but this theme is the best I've tried so far for memory management! Well done Auggie!!

07-05-09 11:00 PM
    Ok here is the memory log from running your latest beta version! Outstanding!!! I don't know why but this theme is the best I've tried so far for memory management! Well done Auggie!!

Aha! There we go! Thanks man! Looking very good - you've become my "official memory guy" lol. It's great getting to see your logs and reports - it really does help confidence, and as you know, I was pretty nervous about memory in this version... I noticed a hit one time, but I think that was from installing VA, because I've been stable since then.

Thanks again! Also, check your email tomorrow... I'm sending a message out to my test team for a quick question... but I want to wait until the morning so I don't accidentally wake anyone up at this hour!

As always, thanks for your feedback and reports! Hope you're enjoying the test! Implementation of the new feature in the other versions is coming along nicely
    07-05-09 11:04 PM
    Thanks! I'm more than happy to help. I'll be running this theme all day tomorrow to get a full day of logs. Although I don't think I will be disappointed! Great job!
    07-05-09 11:13 PM
    My screen lock doesn't want to work...After using either the soft key or icon, the screen begins to lock, however, when it dims, the home screen pops back up and the device is unlocked.

I have StormSlider, but it is turned off. I am running the .148/.151/5.0.93 OS.

Don't know if this is a quick fix or due to the funkiness of the OS.

Even with this small issue, this is already my favorite theme I've had loaded. Love the hidden/invisible icons - take full advantage of the home screen picture.
    07-06-09 12:03 AM
    Very nice, clean theme allowing for full unobtrusively wallpapers. One small question does this theme have any issues with the current round of hybrids especially those that use .151 pieces|parts? A donation has been made, great talent deserves funding for continued development.
    07-06-09 08:19 AM
    Very nice, clean theme allowing for full unobtrusively wallpapers. One small question does this theme have any issues with the current round of hybrids especially those that use .151 pieces|parts? A donation has been made, great talent deserves funding for continued development.

Thanks so much! And no, there shouldn't be any issues with an OS - I am on lyricidal's 148/5.0 with .151 transitions, and having no problems. Should be fine
    07-06-09 08:55 AM
    My screen lock doesn't want to work...After using either the soft key or icon, the screen begins to lock, however, when it dims, the home screen pops back up and the device is unlocked.

Even with this small issue, this is already my favorite theme I've had loaded. Love the hidden/invisible icons - take full advantage of the home screen picture.

Hmm that doesn't sound good! I haven't heard of this issue from anyone, and I haven't seen it myself. I'm running a similar OS (maybe the same? Lyricidal's...) and I don't have any issues... but I also don't use StormSlider (PatternLock at times but no StormSlider).

Have you tried a battery pull? What happens if you delete the theme? Still an issue or no? What happens if you completely delete StormSlider then do a battery pull and delete and reinstall the theme? Still problems?

Anyone else had an issue like this?

Thanks for the heads-up, hopefully we can get this resolved quickly!
    07-06-09 08:56 AM
    Sheesh Aug, you really have been busy and your theme has gained a lot of ground. Glad to hear that everyone is enjoying it. I got your theme when you first did OTA, but never had a chance to donate because of the financial mess of credit card debt and school loans. Anyhow My wife and I are on a strict budget and I would love to donate to your cause because this is truly the best theme I've seen. I'll donate a little here and there as funds become availible.

I have also seen that there are 26 pages on this thread, way to much for me to read each post. Can you sum up the new features you are talking about in the last posts?

I was thinking also today as I was rearranging my themes 2 questions, the first is what if you replaced the application list with a user defined icon (I think someone already mentioned splitting this in two)? and every wallpaper I have that I like has white in it, which makes the words hard to read on the today part (when you touch the calendar), any way to change the defaut color of the text?

Great work Aug
    07-06-09 10:53 AM
    Sheesh Aug, you really have been busy and your theme has gained a lot of ground. Glad to hear that everyone is enjoying it. I got your theme when you first did OTA, but never had a chance to donate because of the financial mess of credit card debt and school loans. Anyhow My wife and I are on a strict budget and I would love to donate to your cause because this is truly the best theme I've seen. I'll donate a little here and there as funds become availible.

I have also seen that there are 26 pages on this thread, way to much for me to read each post. Can you sum up the new features you are talking about in the last posts?

I was thinking also today as I was rearranging my themes 2 questions, the first is what if you replaced the application list with a user defined icon (I think someone already mentioned splitting this in two)? and every wallpaper I have that I like has white in it, which makes the words hard to read on the today part (when you touch the calendar), any way to change the defaut color of the text?

Great work Aug
    Hey Bryan,

Thanks for the kind words! Be sure to check your PM inbox in a few minutes.

To answer your questions generally, the changes haven't been huge - small bug fixes (rearranging some of the visible stuff in the banner, moving it around a few pixels, etc. etc.), releasing all the versions as you can see by page 1 - six different versions... and then there is some new stuff in the works, but it hasn't been released publicly yet (still in closed beta to donors only). I'm working on something new that should hopefully make this more enjoyable for all types of wallpaper lovers out there

And I understand about your donation issue - that's why I have kept this theme free so far. I hate to keep people who aren't able to spare a little bit closed off from this. But, something you have missed, is that donations have pretty much stopped (I got my first donation in a while today, so that's good). Downloads are still going strong (), but donations have stopped (other than the one that came in today). Since I'm putting so much time into this, it's looking like it'll become a paid app shortly.

Thanks for your kind words!
    07-06-09 10:59 AM
    Well like I said in my donation I posted today, I had to fight tooth and nail to get some cash to you. Sorry it's not very much but thats all she would allow me to spend. LOL. Now I got to eat rice or the next week cause that was my going out money. LOL it was worth it tho. Little ceasers Pizza could never taste as good as your theme.

Good luck with everything.
    07-06-09 11:09 AM
    This looks really nice. Thank you for taking the time out to develop the theme and so many variations.

I have what seem to be a few stupid questions, but I've breezed through several pages of posts and couldn't find answers:
    - Is there a way to configure the icons on the home screen? I see only BB messenger (top-left) and Options (top-right) icons, no background, nothing else, and some of the hotspots show text on hover but not all.
    - I downloaded the weather+mb version OTA, and I don't have a weather app or MeterBerry installed. Is a specific weather app required for display on the home page? If so, is it WeatherBug? I've installed and uninstalled this a few times now, because although I love the informative icon it gives, having it installed also seems to have a negative effect on GPS availability.
    - Just a question in general: why do all themes seem use their own folder/icon layout, instead of using some common layout, so that folder and icon changes made in one theme don't get lost in another? I like to organize my stuff and it kind of sucks to have to re-do all the folders every time I try a different theme.

More stupid questions are available on request.

Thanks.
    07-06-09 11:15 AM
    Well like I said in my donation I posted today, I had to fight tooth and nail to get some cash to you. Sorry it's not very much but thats all she would allow me to spend. LOL. Now I got to eat rice or the next week cause that was my going out money. LOL it was worth it tho. Little ceasers Pizza could never taste as good as your theme.

Good luck with everything.
    Thanks a lot Bryan You're an awesome guy! Keep checking you email for future messages from me
    07-06-09 11:18 AM
    This looks really nice. Thank you for taking the time out to develop the theme and so many variations.

I have what seem to be a few stupid questions, but I've breezed through several pages of posts and couldn't find answers:
    - Is there a way to configure the icons on the home screen? I see only BB messenger (top-left) and Options (top-right) icons, no background, nothing else, and some of the hotspots show text on hover but not all.
    You configure them by changing the order that they appear in the Application List. Icons #1 and #2 are the top-left and top-right; top-left "L" is icon #3, top-right "L" is #4, bottom-left "L" is #5, and bottom-right "L" is #6, and I believe the bottom-left banner is #7 since you're running a non-QuickLaunch. If you have fewer than 7 icons on your Application List, then some of the hotspots will end up being blank.

- I downloaded the weather+mb version OTA, and I don't have a weather app or MeterBerry installed. Is a specific weather app required for display on the home page? If so, is it WeatherBug? I've installed and uninstalled this a few times now, because although I love the informative icon it gives, having it installed also seems to have a negative effect on GPS availability.
    You can also use BerryWeather (I belive it's $9.99 or something like that) or Simple Weather.

- Just a question in general: why do all themes seem use their own folder/icon layout, instead of using some common layout, so that folder and icon changes made in one theme don't get lost in another? I like to organize my stuff and it kind of sucks to have to re-do all the folders every time I try a different theme.
    I believe this is because BlackBerries store folder layout/structure information by theme; there is no universal "default" folder structure that you can modify, and by extension, there is no universal "default" folder structure for all theme developers to reference when they're coding their themes.
    07-06-09 11:36 AM

More stupid questions are available on request.

Thanks.
    Hey Deesto!

Your questions aren't stupid! I'm glad to answer them!

1. The icons can be configured just by rearranging the layout of your icons in the application list screen. The first icon from your app list screen will show up in the "Weather" slot, the second icon will show up in the second "MeterBerry" slot, the third icon be in the L in the top left of the screen, 4th icon in the L in the top right corner, 5th icon in the bottom left, and 6th L in the bottom right. Check out the first post in this thread and find the version you're using, it will show a picture of the grid with a visual explanation. Once you get these set up how you want, they should all display text when you hover on them I use "BerryWeather" for my weather app, although it is a pay app. You can put virtually any icon you want in those two Weather and MB slots - up to you!

2. You can place any application you want to show up in the 2 slots that are visible on the screen. Whichever two applications you move to the first 2 slots in your app list screen will show up on the home screen

3. As a developer, we get to choose how we set up the icons initially. I set it up closest to how my app list screen is. I keep all of my icons tucked away in folders - except for 4 of them. You can re-arrange the icons however you want though. Just tap an icon in the app list, press the BB button, and then select "Move" if you'd like to move it's location within the folder you're in, or select "Move to" if you'd like to put it in a different folder.

Thanks for your questions and be sure to post any more that you have!
    07-06-09 11:46 AM
    You configure them by changing the order that they appear in the Application List. Icons #1 and #2 are the top-left and top-right; top-left "L" is icon #3, top-right "L" is #4, bottom-left "L" is #5, and bottom-right "L" is #6, and I believe the bottom-left banner is #7 since you're running a non-QuickLaunch. If you have fewer than 7 icons on your Application List, then some of the hotspots will end up being blank.

You can also use BerryWeather (I belive it's $9.99 or something like that) or Simple Weather.

I believe this is because BlackBerries store folder layout/structure information by theme; there is no universal "default" folder structure that you can modify, and by extension, there is no universal "default" folder structure for all theme developers to reference when they're coding their themes.

You're too quick my man! Beat me to it. Thanks!
    07-06-09 11:47 AM
    Hmm that doesn't sound good! I haven't heard of this issue from anyone, and I haven't seen it myself. I'm running a similar OS (maybe the same? Lyricidal's...) and I don't have any issues... but I also don't use StormSlider (PatternLock at times but no StormSlider).

Have you tried a battery pull? What happens if you delete the theme? Still an issue or no? What happens if you completely delete StormSlider then do a battery pull and delete and reinstall the theme? Still problems?

Anyone else had an issue like this?

Thanks for the heads-up, hopefully we can get this resolved quickly!
    Deleted StormSlider. Too easy. Works great.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 11:51 AM
    Deleted StormSlider. Too easy. Works great.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the information! I'll try to get in touch with the developer of StormSlider as well to see if he's had reports of this with other themes. Has anyone else had a trouble with StormSlider in a theme?
    07-06-09 11:56 AM
    OK Auggie I'm in.......

I bought Quick launcher and Wallpaper Changer over the weekend. And I thought well, your Theme integrates all of this, so why not you too?

The check's in the mail.....my thanks.

Mike

Can't wait to see those updates!
    07-06-09 11:56 AM
    OK Auggie I'm in.......

I bought Quick launcher and Wallpaper Changer over the weekend. And I thought well, your Theme integrates all of this, so why not you too?

The check's in the mail.....my thanks.

Mike

Can't wait to see those updates!
    Awesome! Thanks a lot Mike! I'm using QL and "VA" wallpaper changer too right now and it is so nice I'm glad you're enjoying it! You'll have an email from me shortly
    07-06-09 11:57 AM
    I know it has been a while but I wanted to get back to you with an update, Mike!

After your question, one user did report back that he was using VA with :|: elle :|: and that he was having no problems. I wanted to make sure he wasn't just a lucky case, so I went out and got a copy of VA myself to test it out. It is working flawlessly for me, so I would feel comfortable saying that the :|: elle :|: theme suite works with VA without any issues. In fact, I would go so far as to say that these two software packages could almost be sold together as a bundle; they enhance themselves so nicely! Thanks for bringing awareness up!

Let us know how everything is working out for you!
    Auggie,

I hope you didn't think ELLE was the issue with VA. I had the same problems with the default theme. I'm not sure why VA doesn't play nice with me, but is ok with others. Anyway I only lost a buck on this, and I switched to wallpaper changer. It works flawlessly for me. Actually, several other users of VA are having issues in another thread.

Ellle and Wallpaper Changer are a great combination for the Storm.
    07-06-09 12:03 PM
    Auggie,

I hope you didn't think ELLE was the issue with VA. I had the same problems with the default theme. I'm not sure why VA doesn't play nice with me, but is ok with others. Anyway I only lost a buck on this, and I switched to wallpaper changer. It works flawlessly for me. Actually, several other users of VA are having issues in another thread.

Ellle and Wallpaper Changer are a great combination for the Storm.
    Actually, I DID think it was my theme that was giving you the issue! Glad to hear I misunderstood you lol.

I may give Wallpaper Changer a go now - I haven't had issues with VA but I think I'll give Wallpaper Changer a shot too!

Thanks for the heads up, and check your email!
    07-06-09 12:07 PM

Ok, I sent a message to the developer of StormLock so hopefully we get more info on this. I'll keep the thread up to date with what I hear back (if anything)
    07-06-09 12:18 PM
    Aahhh ... thanks Aug and kf6tac ... I just assumed that since the version was called the "weather and meter berry version" ... never mind. I'll just pick some cool apps to display there.

Aug, thanks for the info on the developer influence on default icon locations. I think this is the first time I've seen a theme actually move icons by default to specific folders (to match your personal preference, as you said) as opposed to reverting to the default, factory-setting locations and dumping apps to the home screen. Neither is a big deal, as any app can be moved almost anywhere, just takes time to re-organize. That's why I was asking about a "universal" folder layout; I guess I was just wishing out loud for one!

Thanks again.
    07-06-09 01:25 PM
1,521 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD