View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    I can do a desktop version for you for sure. You'll have to let me know exactly which one(s) you want...and give me a little time . Girlfriend's birthday is July 4th so its a busy time for me lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Classic and Quicklanch are the two I`m keen to try. I have tried the cache empty trick. I will eventually find out why OTA does not work for me.
    07-05-09 02:07 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion! Do a lot of people want this?

Trooper- I'm happy to make a custom version for you if you want it . But I'm not sure about including it in the theme suite as I'm pretty sure it would requirer destroying the "L" pattern that inspired the theme. Happy to make a version though if you want it let me know!

It occurs to me that you could get the count up to 8 (not quite 9, but close) if you turn the QL and Messages hotspots into user-defined spots, and split the Application List hotspot in two, down the middle, and made both of those user-defined. Then you could keep the "L" shape of the other spots.
    07-05-09 03:20 AM
    Classic and Quicklanch are the two I`m keen to try. I have tried the cache empty trick. I will eventually find out why OTA does not work for me.
    Let me know your email and I'll get these desktop install files to you ASAP!
    07-05-09 02:24 PM
    It occurs to me that you could get the count up to 8 (not quite 9, but close) if you turn the QL and Messages hotspots into user-defined spots, and split the Application List hotspot in two, down the middle, and made both of those user-defined. Then you could keep the "L" shape of the other spots.
    I can do this if you (or someone) really wants it. Just let me know which version.

It will not have my latest feature as implemented in current beta and I likely won't upgrade this custom alignment to include the newest feature, unless there is a large demand for it - then of course I'm willing to.

Just let me know
    07-05-09 02:26 PM
    I can do this if you (or someone) really wants it. Just let me know which version.

It will not have my latest feature as implemented in current beta and I likely won't upgrade this custom alignment to include the newest feature, unless there is a large demand for it - then of course I'm willing to.

Just let me know
    I think the idea of having another user definable icon where the messages hotspot is might work. It would be more customizable for the user for sure, but splitting the app area in two would be too much IMO! The WB, MB version with the user definable no. 7 icon would be a really good version for the 8 icon version for me. Because I could then put patternlock in the no.7 spot and QuickLaunch in the no. 8 spot, now that would be sweet!!
    07-05-09 04:19 PM
    For my fellow Harley riders here is a great wallpaper for this theme. The blue areas match with the 4 hidden presses and the center HD is the Applications area, looks great on the Storm!!
    07-05-09 04:21 PM
    If someone really wanted a bunch of icons on the home page you could always split the two lower L's like you did the two upper L's put another user defined icon where the messages hotspot is for a grand total of 10 icons all user definable and then it would really be symmetrical!!
    07-05-09 04:29 PM
    I think the idea of having another user definable icon where the messages hotspot is might work. It would be more customizable for the user for sure, but splitting the app area in two would be too much IMO! The WB, MB version with the user definable no. 7 icon would be a really good version for the 8 icon version for me. Because I could then put patternlock in the no.7 spot and QuickLaunch in the no. 8 spot, now that would be sweet!!
    I could do this, but it would mean there would be no (hard-coded) spot for messages... which would mean the new feature you've started testing for me would be lost in this specific version we're discussing. Opinion?
    07-05-09 05:02 PM
    If someone really wanted a bunch of icons on the home page you could always split the two lower L's like you did the two upper L's put another user defined icon where the messages hotspot is for a grand total of 10 icons all user definable and then it would really be symmetrical!!
    Valid point, and it retains the L's as well. Do you guys really use 10 apps that commonly!? Sheesh! Lol it's not a problem, I'm just amazed lol.
    07-05-09 05:04 PM
    For my fellow Harley riders here is a great wallpaper for this theme. The blue areas match with the 4 hidden presses and the center HD is the Applications area, looks great on the Storm!!
    Nice, that does seem to line up perfectly!
    07-05-09 05:05 PM

Just let me know
    I have no need for it - was just throwing some ideas out into the wind on how you might be able to accommodate Trooper's request without hampering the symmetry.
    07-05-09 05:24 PM
    I could do this, but it would mean there would be no (hard-coded) spot for messages... which would mean the new feature you've started testing for me would be lost in this specific version we're discussing. Opinion?
    To be honest with you I like the hardcoded message version. I think the translucent screen looks really good with this version and it looks great with dark backgrounds too. The other option was just a thought. I might talk to you about making me a custom version like that when you have the time, and after all the testing and versions have been updated.

As far as 10 icons, I have no need for it with quicklaunch, but it might be a premium version you could offer to people that would be interested. I definitely wouldn't give it away or pursue it unless people were willing to pay for it!
    07-05-09 05:37 PM
    This free theme is so good it could be a paid theme!

07-05-09 05:57 PM
    nice. thank you! just what i was looking for to show off wallpaper
    07-05-09 06:05 PM
    Great theme. Thanks for all your efforts.
    Jeff
    07-05-09 08:18 PM
    Does this fine theme work on .148/.151?

Looking forward to downloading it.

07-05-09 09:38 PM
    To be honest with you I like the hardcoded message version. I think the translucent screen looks really good with this version and it looks great with dark backgrounds too. The other option was just a thought. I might talk to you about making me a custom version like that when you have the time, and after all the testing and versions have been updated.

As far as 10 icons, I have no need for it with quicklaunch, but it might be a premium version you could offer to people that would be interested. I definitely wouldn't give it away or pursue it unless people were willing to pay for it!
    Thanks for the input! And I think that is a new policy I'm going to have to follow - custom versions have to be by donation. Too many requests, and too little time!
    07-05-09 09:41 PM
    Does this fine theme work on .148/.151?

Looking forward to downloading it.

Sure does Enjoy! Please consider a donation (even if it's small)! Enjoy and be sure to give feedback - if you ever need support just let me know! PM or posting here is great!
    07-05-09 09:41 PM

Wow, thanks! Funny you should bring that up, after today, it is looking like that's the path this theme will be taking. No decisions are official yet... but it's looking like I will quite likely offer a FREE TRIAL version that is stripped down with highly limited hot spots. Then the other versions will be premium paid versions... I'll likely do this at the same time that I roll out my upcoming versions that will feature a pretty cool new feature... it's in the end stages of beta right now, but it'll take me a bit to completely implement it across the board in every version.

Thanks for the kind words though pkcable! Your input means a ton, it's exciting to have someone like you posting about it!
    07-05-09 09:44 PM
    nice. thank you! just what i was looking for to show off wallpaper
    Thanks coldfeet! I love your username btw! The new feature I'm rolling out (soon) will make wallpapers even more enjoyable!
    07-05-09 09:46 PM
    Sure does Enjoy! Please consider a donation (even if it's small)! Enjoy and be sure to give feedback - if you ever need support just let me know! PM or posting here is great!
    Great, thanks!

07-05-09 09:47 PM
    Great theme. Thanks for all your efforts.
    Jeff
    Thanks a lot Jeff! I appreciate your comment - it really has become a LOT of work supporting this. I don't get many bug reports... but trying to keep up with new ideas, requests, and furthering my own development is quite a task! I had hoped to take a break from it at one point... but I now realize that for me to take a break would mean dropping support to all of my users... and since I accept donations (and request them, really), I don't want to leave anyone out there hanging who has made a donation. I do my best to keep up with it and help my users!
    07-05-09 09:47 PM

I totally agree Pk! I told him that this should be for sale. It is such an awesome and clean theme.
    07-05-09 09:49 PM
    Thanks for a great theme! I've trolling for one like this for a long time.
    I do have a couple of questions, has anybody used this with visual arts?
    I bought VA and it has been giving me fits. Also, have you given any thought to a transparent lockscreen (much like Zen)?

Mike
    I know it has been a while but I wanted to get back to you with an update, Mike!

After your question, one user did report back that he was using VA with :|: elle :|: and that he was having no problems. I wanted to make sure he wasn't just a lucky case, so I went out and got a copy of VA myself to test it out. It is working flawlessly for me, so I would feel comfortable saying that the :|: elle :|: theme suite works with VA without any issues. In fact, I would go so far as to say that these two software packages could almost be sold together as a bundle; they enhance themselves so nicely! Thanks for bringing awareness up!

Let us know how everything is working out for you!
    07-05-09 09:50 PM
    I totally agree Pk! I told him that this should be for sale. It is such an awesome and clean theme.
    Haha thanks so much maddie. I always, always, always hear nice things from you!

I'm glad it's still working for you, and don't worry, I am working hard to get that new feature implemented completely for you in your version of :|: elle :|: I've just been so busy lately that it's tough! I'm working 40 hour weeks and also taking 4 online courses at the same time... plus I play college soccer and even though we're in our off-season, we still have sessions 4 days a week!

But yes, in the (near-ish) future, this will become a premium, paid theme. I'm not raising TOO much noise about it quite yet, until the new feature is implemented across the board.
    07-05-09 09:53 PM
1,521 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD