View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Haha wow, everyone really hates those standard icons, huh?

Maybe I will do some custom ones. Just takes so long, and to be honest, I think it'll take away from the OEM look and feel. Plus, they'll add size... So maybe I'll just do a whole extra 6 versions with custom icons so that those who want the OEM feel + small size can still have it.

Anyone have a specific request for a set of icons that already exist, or a specific style? Since I'm not too huge on custom icons, I'd hate to pick a style and not have it be what you guys want
    I'm a pretty big fan of the standard icons; if a change of icons were forced on me, I'd hope for the new icons to be the standard icons from the Bold/Curve 8900 - basically the same icons as the Storm but with the shaded square underlay that glows when selected.
    07-02-09 09:09 PM
    Hey Mike,
    Thanks for clarifying! That does sound like it would pair nicely with this theme suite! Is it a free app? If so I'll test it tomorrow. I would now but I don't have my computer.

I'm glad you like it enough to donate! Once your donatoon comes through I'll send you my latest beta if you're interested!

I haven't had the chance to look into the transparent lock screen but it does seem like it would fit the theme well - to show off a nice wallpaper!

Keep in touch and let me know via PM if you don't get my email after you donate!

Thanks a lot and keep the comments coming!

Visual Arts (Toysoft) is resident program that changes your default wallpaper based on time of day (24hr) timed (minutes-hours) or events (LCD OFF). You save a collection of wallpapers and software changes it for you. Kinda like the XP powertoy wallpaper changer. The reason I asked, is because this is the perfect theme for displaying wallpapers, no other comes close. I figured someone else in the thread may have experience with VA. My problem is VA is working somewhat less than advertised and the developer has lost interest in my problem.

I will be on you donation list soon. Thanks for a great piece of Software.

Mike

P.S. I hope you pursue the lockscreen. In Zen the screen was transparent in portrait mode, and blue in landscape.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 12:38 AM
    Glad you're enjoying it! Let me know of any ideas you come up with for improvement!

I have been looking for a clean theme like this and have been following and waiting to see what turned out with this one.

I just downloaded the Classic one to give it a whirl.

Donation is coming your way

Great job on this theme
    07-03-09 12:39 AM
    Wow we are on the same page! I am cool with the standard icons - and if I did change them it would be to the glow icons. But if someone has a specific idea let me know!

I'm a pretty big fan of the standard icons; if a change of icons were forced on me, I'd hope for the new icons to be the standard icons from the Bold/Curve 8900 - basically the same icons as the Storm but with the shaded square underlay that glows when selected.
    07-03-09 12:41 AM
    I think its perfect the way it is.... But glow icons would be kewl..
    07-03-09 01:58 AM
    Thanks for a great theme! I've trolling for one like this for a long time.
    I do have a couple of questions, has anybody used this with visual arts?
    I bought VA and it has been giving me fits. Also, have you given any thought to a transparent lockscreen (much like Zen)?

Mike
    Yes, I use VA with :|: elle :|: , no problems. This is a good them, keep it up!
    07-03-09 02:23 AM
    Glad you're enjoying it! Let me know of any ideas you come up with for improvement!

How about a desktop download ? OTA does not work for me!
    07-03-09 08:39 AM
    Great to hear! Thanks!

Yes, I use VA with :|: elle :|: , no problems. This is a good them, keep it up!
    07-03-09 11:00 AM
    I'll look into this today - ota server had issues last night me and my hoster discovered it but thought it was fixed. I'll look into it more once I'm back at my computer. Sorry and thanks for the heads up!

07-03-09 11:02 AM
    By the way - which version failed for you? Still on my phone but I'll start testing each link.

07-03-09 11:09 AM
    Just tested and all OTA's worked from my phone... I didn't test beta versions though. Were you talking about the beta?

07-03-09 11:37 AM
    Latest beta updated! Looking good! Beta testers please check your email! Please give feedback on the beta to me directly via PM, NOT via post here.

Thanks!

If you are a donor and did not receive the email, and would like to, just shoot me an email.

If you have been testing for me and did not get the email, again, shoot me an email.

Thanks everyone!
    07-03-09 01:32 PM
    I think the updated files still lose notification icons when there are more than two (in my case, I had Email and SMS, and the Missed Call icon got pushed off), but I personally am okay with that. As long as the email and SMS notifications show, there are enough other ways for me to find out if I'm missing calls or voice mails.
    07-03-09 06:18 PM
    I think the updated files still lose notification icons when there are more than two (in my case, I had Email and SMS, and the Missed Call icon got pushed off), but I personally am okay with that. As long as the email and SMS notifications show, there are enough other ways for me to find out if I'm missing calls or voice mails.
    I was afraid of this

I have them stretched as FAR as they can go without butting in to other areas right now. I never encounter this situation (I guess I'm not popular enough!? Geesh!), so it's hard for me to test it.

Anyway, if you'd like me to look into creating a custom version for you where we can move some stuff around or re-arrange it, I can look into that. I'm busy with the development of the next stage of :|: elle :|: but if it would help you out a lot, I'm willing to put that development on hold for you. It wouldn't happen tonight (celebrating!) but sometime in the next few days. Just send me an email and let me know if you'd like to talk it over.

As always, thanks a lot for your feedback. I hope not many others are experiencing this issue

In other news, the beta version is going really well everyone! I am using it constantly at this point instead of the "old" versions that are publicly out. My donors who opted to become beta testers have been giving GREAT feedback and we have taken this beta project through a couple of stages already. It's exciting to see :|: elle :|: taking the next step!

If you'd like to be a part of it and get the latest version loaded up on your phone, just let me know! Send me an email if you're a donor and I'll get you set up with it... and if you aren't a donor yet but would like to become a beta tester, just throw a donation my way then shoot me an email saying you'd like to beta test
    07-03-09 06:23 PM
    I was afraid of this

I have them stretched as FAR as they can go without butting in to other areas right now. I never encounter this situation (I guess I'm not popular enough!? Geesh!), so it's hard for me to test it.

Anyway, if you'd like me to look into creating a custom version for you where we can move some stuff around or re-arrange it, I can look into that. I'm busy with the development of the next stage of :|: elle :|: but if it would help you out a lot, I'm willing to put that development on hold for you. It wouldn't happen tonight (celebrating!) but sometime in the next few days. Just send me an email and let me know if you'd like to talk it over.

As always, thanks a lot for your feedback. I hope not many others are experiencing this issue

In other news, the beta version is going really well everyone! I am using it constantly at this point instead of the "old" versions that are publicly out. My donors who opted to become beta testers have been giving GREAT feedback and we have taken this beta project through a couple of stages already. It's exciting to see :|: elle :|: taking the next step!

If you'd like to be a part of it and get the latest version loaded up on your phone, just let me know! Send me an email if you're a donor and I'll get you set up with it... and if you aren't a donor yet but would like to become a beta tester, just throw a donation my way then shoot me an email saying you'd like to beta test
    No need to crank out a custom version for me.

The easiest fix I can think of off the top of my head for this would just be to bump the date display to be either left-side aligned or right-side aligned, which would leave more continuous space in the bottom banner for you to stretch out the notification area. That would, however, throw off the symmetry of the theme.
    07-03-09 06:29 PM
    Exactly. That's what the issue is. That's why I was thinking we could work a customized version out if you wanted - I'm not willing to sacrifice the balance of the theme for this, since it's a rare occasion (for me anyway) that it presents itself. However, if you valued this display over symmetry and balance, it's a change I could make for you.

It's frustrating, but it's part of the whole minimalistic, symmetric feeling behind this entire theme. If it gets to the point where you don't like it, don't hesitate to tell me and I'll make it right for you.

Thanks a lot!
    07-03-09 06:32 PM
    Heading out for the evening, but wanted to let everyone know (donors already know) that there was a minor update to the theme suite.

The OTA links have been updated appropriately; they will point you to the revised files. The update is NOT the anticipated feature that is still in beta at the moment. The update is a minor graphical fix relating to the lock screen icon symmetry, and the roaming indicator. This update affects all themes across the board. Updating to the latest version of your current flavor of :|: elle :|: will NOT cause you to lose your custom wallpaper or your icon arrangement.

As always, please report back with any bugs or suggestion you have!

Thanks!
    07-03-09 06:36 PM
    By the way - which version failed for you? Still on my phone but I'll start testing each link.

I tried both the classic and the QL versions. Downloaded the .jad files but receive missing COD error during further downloading!

Thanks for your response and efforts so far.
    07-03-09 08:33 PM
    You're doing this from your phone right? Not your computer!

Just tested again and its working fine! Anyone else having troubles?

I'll be gone for a while but I'll check back in a while.

07-03-09 08:38 PM
    one suggestion, make a 9 hidden icon user choice homescreen. you can keep all the borders the way they are(clock,meters and such) , just add more app slots and make all user choice.
    07-04-09 12:45 AM
    You're doing this from your phone right? Not your computer!

Just tested again and its working fine! Anyone else having troubles?

I'll be gone for a while but I'll check back in a while.

Definitely from my phone. No go!

Is a desktop version available?
    07-04-09 01:46 AM

Have you tried clearing the cache from your browser? I am hosting this OTA for Auggie, and they all work for me also. If you can't get this working after clearing cache, pm me which one you are trying to d/l along with your email and we'll try something different.
    07-04-09 07:54 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion! Do a lot of people want this?

Trooper- I'm happy to make a custom version for you if you want it . But I'm not sure about including it in the theme suite as I'm pretty sure it would requirer destroying the "L" pattern that inspired the theme. Happy to make a version though if you want it let me know!

one suggestion, make a 9 hidden icon user choice homescreen. you can keep all the borders the way they are(clock,meters and such) , just add more app slots and make all user choice.
    07-04-09 09:31 AM
    I can do a desktop version for you for sure. You'll have to let me know exactly which one(s) you want...and give me a little time . Girlfriend's birthday is July 4th so its a busy time for me lol

07-04-09 09:36 AM
    You're right! I should have said to clear cache. Hopefully this will help. Thanks for lookin out ejackson! Always such a help

Have you tried clearing the cache from your browser? I am hosting this OTA for Auggie, and they all work for me also. If you can't get this working after clearing cache, pm me which one you are trying to d/l along with your email and we'll try something different.
    07-04-09 09:38 AM
1,521 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD