View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    I think this is a great idea! That way you could at least try it out first, and hopefully if the person liked it they would go for the premium version!

There is nothing worse than paying for a theme and then finding out it doesn't completely work! It has happened to me from a very popular theme builder in this forum. I asked if it was going to be fixed and I never got a response. Needless to say I will never buy a theme from this person again no matter how much I might like the way it looks!!
    Yikes, I'm sorry that happened to you. That's one thing I really hope I don't do. I try t stay on to of this, especially with donors... I want to make sure nobody has serious issues, and if they do, I want to fix them ASAP for them. If I ever miss a message or anything from you, please, PLEASE keep trying to contact me. In the thread, via email, PM... anything. If you think it'd be easier on our phones, I'm glad to give out my PIN to anyone who asks me personally.

I think the idea of a basic version for free and then the premium versions for purchase is attractive. I still am just worried that someone might try the basic version, decide there isn't enough in it, then just give up on the theme altogether, instead of going for a premium version. Do you all think that would happen too or am I worrying for no reason? The best input on this subject really does come from my users...!
    07-01-09 10:16 AM
    Yikes, I'm sorry that happened to you. That's one thing I really hope I don't do. I try t stay on to of this, especially with donors... I want to make sure nobody has serious issues, and if they do, I want to fix them ASAP for them. If I ever miss a message or anything from you, please, PLEASE keep trying to contact me. In the thread, via email, PM... anything. If you think it'd be easier on our phones, I'm glad to give out my PIN to anyone who asks me personally.

I think the idea of a basic version for free and then the premium versions for purchase is attractive. I still am just worried that someone might try the basic version, decide there isn't enough in it, then just give up on the theme altogether, instead of going for a premium version. Do you all think that would happen too or am I worrying for no reason? The best input on this subject really does come from my users...!
    Thanks! I'm not even worried about you not returning an email or PM! You seem to be honest and genuinely concerned about the people that have donated money for your themes! Heck even the people that haven't donated you are concerned about!

As far as people giving up on a theme all together, I wouldn't worry about it. If they are really interested in the theme let them try out the basic one for free to get a feel for it and then go for the premium one! Of course that's just my opinion!
    07-01-09 11:48 AM
    Thanks! I'm not even worried about you not returning an email or PM! You seem to be honest and genuinely concerned about the people that have donated money for your themes! Heck even the people that haven't donated you are concerned about!

As far as people giving up on a theme all together, I wouldn't worry about it. If they are really interested in the theme let them try out the basic one for free to get a feel for it and then go for the premium one! Of course that's just my opinion!
    Ok, so this is the best idea I've got right now. Going to think about it for a while but it seems like a good plan.

Also, as a NOTICE TO ALL: The themes are undergoing minor updates right now. If an OTA goes down and you are not able to use it, try again one minute later. Odds are, I was putting new files in

I will re-post once the updates are done, and I let all of my donors know. Don't get too excited, no major new features or anything like that - just some cleanup.
    07-01-09 12:37 PM
    All versions of the :|: elle :|: them have been updated. OTA links are updated to point to the new files.

There are no massive changes... the battery icon has been moved two pixels to the RIGHT in the banner to make the area around the battery and profiles icon less crowded. The message notification areas have been expanded as much as they possibly can be, to hopefully allow for more notifications to display.

Downloading the updated versions will not require you to select a new background wallpaper OR re-arrange your icons.

Please check the original post in this thread for the links, and update to the latest and greatest version!

If you enjoy the theme, please donate! And if you are using more than one version, please consider donating more than once, or a larger amount. To those of you who have already done this - thank you very much! You are the reason this theme is still a donation by choice theme :-)

Feedback is always appreciated!

And if you are a donor and DID NOT receive an email from me about 10 minutes ago regarding the update, please send me a private message to let me know.

Thanks!
    07-01-09 01:24 PM
    Aug- just want to let you know- I have tried others stripped down themes and then gone on to buy the versions they have with all the bells and whistles. No need to give away the store when people can get an idea from the sample version. I find the samples usually make me want more!
    Also- as for those that have a blackberry but can't afford to donate or buy a theme- they can still have the free version. That is life-you get what you pay for. They at least have a blackberry!
    I haven't downloaded the latest OTA yet- will get to that later tonite--but thanks in advance for that. I'll let you know if there are any issues with it.
    07-01-09 03:48 PM
    Ok I see. Have you had QL installed for a while? Does it do this in other themes as well or just elle? Does it do it his in every version of ellar or just elle Weather + MeterBerry + QL?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just wanted to let you know, that none of the elle versions on my device did work with QuickLaunch. The scroll bar in QuickLaunch menue is always missing. I didn't try the new updated versions yet, I don't think, it makes a difference. I'm still running OS .78.
    07-01-09 05:02 PM
    thank you Aug for the follow-up you are doing
    07-01-09 08:34 PM
    Aug- just want to let you know- I have tried others stripped down themes and then gone on to buy the versions they have with all the bells and whistles. No need to give away the store when people can get an idea from the sample version. I find the samples usually make me want more!
    Also- as for those that have a blackberry but can't afford to donate or buy a theme- they can still have the free version. That is life-you get what you pay for. They at least have a blackberry!
    I haven't downloaded the latest OTA yet- will get to that later tonite--but thanks in advance for that. I'll let you know if there are any issues with it.

Thanks maddie. I'm learning more and more in that direction right now. Still waiting a bit though to see what happens.

And definitely let me know how the upgrade goes for you. It shouldn't be any thing radical in terms of change
    07-01-09 08:42 PM
    Just wanted to let you know, that none of the elle versions on my device did work with QuickLaunch. The scroll bar in QuickLaunch menue is always missing. I didn't try the new updated versions yet, I don't think, it makes a difference. I'm still running OS .78.
    I'm sorry to hear this sixtina Would you consider trying the QL update? It really does fix a lot of issues, and your problem sounds *exactly* like one of the major "fixes" it addressed. If you search the boards a bit, you'll find a ton of people reporting "flickering" issues with the older versions of QL. What I'm confused about, is the OS you're on - most people with flickers in the older QL were on newer OSs. But maybe try it out and give it a whirl.

Definitely keep me up to date, I'd love to hear more about what you have to say.
    07-01-09 08:43 PM
    thank you Aug for the follow-up you are doing
    Of course! I reall appreciate all the input you guys give me... It really makes this worth it
    07-01-09 08:48 PM
    Just donated, truly an amazing theme. I have gone through 15+ themes so far and this one has stuck on me. I use classic and have seen no performance issues at all. I usually see about a 10mb drop on startup but don't know if it is attributed to the theme or not.
    07-02-09 08:37 AM
    Just donated, truly an amazing theme. I have gone through 15+ themes so far and this one has stuck on me. I use classic and have seen no performance issues at all. I usually see about a 10mb drop on startup but don't know if it is attributed to the theme or not.
    Thanks for the donation

And I'm glad you let me know about this memory thing. For everyone else's reference, he and I spoke via email a bit about the memory, and I noted that I've always had a big drop in memory within an hour or so after booting up - even with nothing loaded on the phone. He pointed out that his drop used to be about 5 mb, and now it is about 10 mb... so I'm really interested to hear what others say. Word has been pretty consistent in saying that this is a memory-stable thing, and there are some logs posted, but I'm wondering how everyone else is doing as well.

Thanks guys!
    -Auggie
    07-02-09 09:51 AM
    loaded theme last night before i crashed. after doing a batt pull phone loaded to 50.08 MB. just woke up and started daily phone usuage. checked memory and its at 46.5. guess thats good. have about 20 apps installed and know to close everything properly when not using.
    07-02-09 10:36 AM
    loaded theme last night before i crashed. after doing a batt pull phone loaded to 50.08 MB. just woke up and started daily phone usuage. checked memory and its at 46.5. guess thats good. have about 20 apps installed and know to close everything properly when not using.
    Wow, I read that wrong at first and thought you said your device crashed! Luckily I was wrong

Glad to hear it's going well for you, and that ~4 mb drop over night is not bad at all! Good to hear its running stable for you!

Thanks for the input
    07-02-09 10:45 AM
    no prob. like the black backgrounds on everything. makes all the colors pop, even for standard icons(hate standard icons) lol. the hidden home screen is the sell for me though. no clutter is what i like and this delivers.
    07-02-09 10:50 AM
    no prob. like the black backgrounds on everything. makes all the colors pop, even for standard icons(hate standard icons) lol. the hidden home screen is the sell for me though. no clutter is what i like and this delivers.
    Haha wow, everyone really hates those standard icons, huh?

Maybe I will do some custom ones. Just takes so long, and to be honest, I think it'll take away from the OEM look and feel. Plus, they'll add size... So maybe I'll just do a whole extra 6 versions with custom icons so that those who want the OEM feel + small size can still have it.

Anyone have a specific request for a set of icons that already exist, or a specific style? Since I'm not too huge on custom icons, I'd hate to pick a style and not have it be what you guys want
    07-02-09 10:56 AM
    honestly its fine the way it is. as much as i like custom themes with all the goodies they all just bogg the phone down after a while. any time ive used a simplistic theme like this it always outperformed everything else. and this doesnt look bad at all.like i stated in the past post the black backgrounds make a huge difference. so far so good with this one. no need to change its good just the way it is.
    07-02-09 12:12 PM
    Thanks for a great theme! I've trolling for one like this for a long time.
    I do have a couple of questions, has anybody used this with visual arts?
    I bought VA and it has been giving me fits. Also, have you given any thought to a transparent lockscreen (much like Zen)?

Mike
    07-02-09 12:21 PM
    honestly its fine the way it is. as much as i like custom themes with all the goodies they all just bogg the phone down after a while. any time ive used a simplistic theme like this it always outperformed everything else. and this doesnt look bad at all.like i stated in the past post the black backgrounds make a huge difference. so far so good with this one. no need to change its good just the way it is.
    Thanks Yeah, this theme is all about simplicity, and form + function. I think icons might be GREAT for form, but bog down the function a bit, as you said.

If donations come in strong for a while I will continue to customize it and maybe do some icons if I get enough requests. We'll see! Of course, I'll still keep around the standard icon versions
    07-02-09 01:15 PM
    Thanks for a great theme! I've trolling for one like this for a long time.
    I do have a couple of questions, has anybody used this with visual arts?
    I bought VA and it has been giving me fits. Also, have you given any thought to a transparent lockscreen (much like Zen)?

Mike
    I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with visual arts What is it? And what kind of fits are you having?

The transparent lock screen doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. That's something worth looking into Thanks!
    07-02-09 01:28 PM
    I just sent an email out to all of my donors - if you didn't get it, please let me know! I'm offering up a beta test opportunity to all of my donors Not a huge change, but some slight modifications.

Donors: check your email and let me know if you're interested in participating! Email me back to let me know

Thanks!
    07-02-09 01:29 PM
    I am cool with the standard icons-- mine are all hidden so it is all good! I have that clear, beautiful screen with nothing but my berryweather icon on it!
    07-02-09 01:43 PM
    for message/sms/calendar, I see that on semi-transparent panel.
    07-02-09 02:14 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with visual arts What is it? And what kind of fits are you having?

The transparent lock screen doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. That's something worth looking into Thanks!
    Visual Arts (Toysoft) is resident program that changes your default wallpaper based on time of day (24hr) timed (minutes-hours) or events (LCD OFF). You save a collection of wallpapers and software changes it for you. Kinda like the XP powertoy wallpaper changer. The reason I asked, is because this is the perfect theme for displaying wallpapers, no other comes close. I figured someone else in the thread may have experience with VA. My problem is VA is working somewhat less than advertised and the developer has lost interest in my problem.

I will be on you donation list soon. Thanks for a great piece of Software.

Mike

P.S. I hope you pursue the lockscreen. In Zen the screen was transparent in portrait mode, and blue in landscape.
    Last edited by ITF36059; 07-02-09 at 02:55 PM.
    07-02-09 02:45 PM
    I have been looking for a clean theme like this and have been following and waiting to see what turned out with this one.

I just downloaded the Classic one to give it a whirl.

Donation is coming your way

Great job on this theme
    07-02-09 02:49 PM
1,521 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD