View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    I second that, i almost with i had a 'theme changer' like my wallpaper changer haha!

i switch themes about once every day or two to keep it fresh
    That's cool, as long as you're only switching between:
    :|: elle :|: Classic
    :|: elle :|: Weather Edition
    :|: elle :|: Weather + MeterBerry
    :|: elle :|: QuickLaunch
    :|: elle :|: Weather Edition + QuickLaunch
    :|: elle :|: Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch

Just kidding of course
    06-28-09 01:28 PM
    holy cow this theme is very nice and the wallpapers r beautiful
    06-28-09 01:33 PM
    Any chance you can make a mb+wb theme with no application list box in the middle of it, but keep the 7 other boxes there? I use Ql and I have my phone set up where as I don't need to go to the application list.
    Thanks for asking. I'll look into it. To be honest, I have 7 requests for customization in my change request log right now. Yours will be added to it now. But I want to let you all know that after making 6 versions of this, I am a bit beat and tired out. I will keep going with this theme to add enhancements to the version that I use most, and add enhancements that I want and will use. But if people keep wanting personalized alterations, that's fine, it's just that I really will be looking for donations to pick up a bit more in order for me to do personalized customizations much more.

My hope was that everyone would be happy with one of the 6 available versions I made, and while it does seem that a lot of people are enjoying them and getting use out of them, there are still a lot of PM's and posts coming in for requests. I appreciate this and always want to hear the comments and ways to improve, but keep in mind that unless you PM me and we work something out with a donation, it might not happen. That being said, please don't think that throwing me a donation and then asking for the moon will be a guarantee It might be a better idea to donate however much you think is appropriate for the versions that are currently out, and then if you're considering donating MORE for ANOTHER custom version, ask me about it first

This message isn't directed at Pickle_Me, but rather anyone It just so happened that his post related to this, so I decided to tack it on to it.

I hope everyone understands that! If you're ever not sure, just shoot me a message and I'm more than happy to talk about anything with you!
    06-28-09 01:34 PM
    holy cow this theme is very nice and the wallpapers r beautiful
    Thanks flybaby!

In response to your comment about the wallpapers...

Check first post, links to a page where I have a few wallpapers posted. The last 3 wallpapers that are posted are the grids that you can use for the themes. The first grid posted is for Classic or QuickLaunch edition, the second grid is for Weather Edition or Weather + QuickLaunch edition, and the last grid posted is Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch

Not sure if the grids line up perfectly with where hot spots are; they are an approximation, but should prove helpful for those who need help getting use to it. They are the visual renderings I made while the theme was still in its conceptual stages.

I'm now working on the fix for that minor bug with app 2 in the Weather Edition + QuickLaunch version.
    06-28-09 01:35 PM
    ^ wow thanx it's really awesome!
    I wish u made themes for the 8900

be happy to Beta test for ya

and i hope u storm owners have voted in the 8900 june theme comp?? only a couple of days left to vote!!

thanks and much appreciated
    06-28-09 01:39 PM
    Just dl'd and donated. Awesome theme! Simplicity is perfect. However slot 2 doesn't show up on main screen. 1, 3-6 do. Not a big deal, but just lettin you know. Btw I dl'd weather+QL.

This bug has been corrected. The OTA link has been updated. Note that re-downloading the :|: elle :|: Weather + QuickLaunch Edition should NOT cause you to lose your setup of all icons and wallpaper selection. They should remain the same between updates.

This bug ended up being a much bigger pain than I had expected. As someone reported, there IS a bug in Plazmic that creates this issue, so it was tough to navigate around the Plazmic bug. I did find a workaround in the end. Please note that this workaround and updated version should NOT have any adverse side effects. Speed, stability, and size of the theme should all remain in tact.

Also, please note that this update does NOT affect any other versions of :|: elle :|: as no other versions were touched by the bug.

Just use the normal link (in the original post) to download the latest and greatest version of :|: elle :|: Weather + QuickLaunch Edition.

A special thanks to DOOG9517 for discovering and reporting this bug. It is feedback like this that allows the theme to grow and become better.

As always, contact me with any questions and post any feedback in this thread.
    06-28-09 04:00 PM
    Downloaded another version, sent you another donation!!

Great work!!
    06-28-09 08:07 PM
    Downloaded another version, sent you another donation!!

Great work!!
    Awesome! Which version are you rockin' now? Thanks again for donating! I wish everyone used and donated like you
    06-28-09 08:36 PM
    Awesome! Which version are you rockin' now? Thanks again for donating! I wish everyone used and donated like you
    I'm using the WB, MB, version similar to the one with the QL hardcoded, but I like the option of being able to switch things around! So I replaced the WB, MB, QL with that one, and I still have your classic one. Two of your themes still on my Storm, two donations, that only seems fair!

Thanks for all your hard work on these, I know how difficult these themes are to make, I tried but got to frustrated!
    06-29-09 10:11 AM
    I'm using the WB, MB, version similar to the one with the QL hardcoded, but I like the option of being able to switch things around! So I replaced the WB, MB, QL with that one, and I still have your classic one. Two of your themes still on my Storm, two donations, that only seems fair!

Thanks for all your hard work on these, I know how difficult these themes are to make, I tried but got to frustrated!
    That makes sense - so you can still put QL in that slot if you want to... or just put something else there. I thought about that but I hate the QL icon so I just keep it tucked away in a folder

I have had a request to make the "QL icon" visible (Like the Weather or MB icon slots).. I am considering doing it, but I think I'll have to take away the transparent banner that goes across the bottom. Otherwise, it won't look right... Ah, well, decisions decisions! Plus, I am swamped right now and donations have stopped (other than you of course!) so I'm trying to focus on my *real* job a bit more right now!
    06-29-09 10:54 AM
    That makes sense - so you can still put QL in that slot if you want to... or just put something else there. I thought about that but I hate the QL icon so I just keep it tucked away in a folder

I have had a request to make the "QL icon" visible (Like the Weather or MB icon slots).. I am considering doing it, but I think I'll have to take away the transparent banner that goes across the bottom. Otherwise, it won't look right... Ah, well, decisions decisions! Plus, I am swamped right now and donations have stopped (other than you of course!) so I'm trying to focus on my *real* job a bit more right now!
    I wouldn't make that slot "7" visible, I don't think it would look good, plus putting the QL icon there the icon doesn't show up but the application name will at the top, kind of cool since when it's hardcoded the application name doesn't show up at all. Sorry about the donations not coming in I know you worked really hard on these!
    06-29-09 11:06 AM
    I wouldn't make that slot "7" visible, I don't think it would look good, plus putting the QL icon there the icon doesn't show up but the application name will at the top, kind of cool since when it's hardcoded the application name doesn't show up at all. Sorry about the donations not coming in I know you worked really hard on these!
    Yeah, I think you're right. Plus, going down that road gets closer and closer to just having every icon visible... which is not what this theme is about at all. Gets away from the spirit of it, ya' know?

And don't be sorry about donations not coming in - you did you part! And there are a handful of donors out there who are awesome and I really appreciate it! But don't be sorry - I'm not mad I wanted this theme to be free so that anyone who wanted to use it could. But I just don't think I'm going to personalize much more with it at this point. If a good donor like yourself or one of my others had an issue I'd likely look into it... but I have a change log of 10 items now and only a few of them are easy changes... so I think I'll just leave it where it is for now, unless someone has a really revolutionary idea that I think I would use myself.

But really, don't feel sorry - I don't expect donations! I just don't think I'll keep doing everything everyone asks for at this point without further donations. That's all

I used to not like it when developers did that - but after all this work, I totally understand where they come from lol. Anyway, now, I just want people to use and enjoy it!
    06-29-09 11:10 AM
    donation made. great theme.

not sure if it's a setting on my phone or a bug in the theme (i'm using classic version) but i had an email and a voicemail this morning and both the email and voicemail icons showed up on the bottom right even though i have sms on the left and messages (obviously) on the right.

on the applications screen the sms icon showed 1 (voicemail) and the messages icon showed 1 (email)... so i'm certain i have the two "separated" correctly. perhaps there's another setting on the phone i'm missing?
    06-29-09 01:14 PM

not sure if it's a setting on my phone or a bug in the theme (i'm using classic version) but i had an email and a voicemail this morning and both the email and voicemail icons showed up on the bottom right even though i have sms on the left and messages (obviously) on the right.

on the applications screen the sms icon showed 1 (voicemail) and the messages icon showed 1 (email)... so i'm certain i have the two "separated" correctly. perhaps there's another setting on the phone i'm missing?
    Plazmic doesn't let theme devs separate out where individual notification icons appear; they can relocate the "notification area" en masse, but the rest of it is device dictated. The notification icons also don't follow the location of the corresponding app hotspot on the grid -- otherwise you'd have notifications popping up all over the center of the screen, too, if you assigned your apps in a particular order.
    06-29-09 01:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback, AND the donation! You're probably getting an email from me right now lol, at least I THINK it was you You pretty much just took care of everything I said in the email

Anyway, in regards to your question - I know exactly what you're talking about Unfortunately, I haven't yet found out how to "ungroup" those notifications. You do have it set up correctly, it's nothing on your end. Another user reported this a few posts up (either that or in a PM). It is the way Plazmic Composer makes me set up the "notifications". Unfortunately, it groups them all together and I can't break them up (if I could, I'd move the SMS notification to bottom left, and keep messages in bottom right).

If anyone knows of a theme or a developer who has found a way around this, let me know. It will prove that it IS possible and make me keep trying (plus, I'll try contacting them directly to see if they'll help).

Again, I appreciate your feedback. Since you are a donor, you have been added to my email list. You will automatically hear first thing if and when I discover how to work-around this issue, and you'll get the download link for the corrected version.

Now everyone poll their memories and keep their eyes open for a theme with "separated" SMS and Message notification areas, and let me know if you discover one!
    06-29-09 01:27 PM
    Plazmic doesn't let theme devs separate out where individual notification icons appear; they can relocate the "notification area" en masse, but the rest of it is device dictated. The notification icons also don't follow the location of the corresponding app hotspot on the grid -- otherwise you'd have notifications popping up all over the center of the screen, too, if you assigned your apps in a particular order.
    What a timely post. Thanks! I am TRYING to figure out a way to do this... I know Plazmic doesn't let us do it, but I am hoping to find some crazy way around it.

My initial hope was to duplicate notification area, shrink it down to only large enough to show EITHER messages OR SMS notification, then align SMS to the left and place it on left side, and align Messages to right and place in right side... but can't duplicate it. What a pain.

Again, if anyone finds a theme that does this (or knows of a way to do it themselves) please let me know!
    06-29-09 01:30 PM
    thanks aug! i understand. that said, i think i'll just regroup the sms and msgs and put something else in that bottom left spot. no sense separating them (for me anyway) if the notifications are grouped. no biggie... though if you wind up finding a work around that would obviously be quite cool. thanks again!

p.s. no email from you... sending a pm with the email addy i donated from so you know. thanks!
    06-29-09 02:53 PM
    thanks aug! i understand. that said, i think i'll just regroup the sms and msgs and put something else in that bottom left spot. no sense separating them (for me anyway) if the notifications are grouped. no biggie... though if you wind up finding a work around that would obviously be quite cool. thanks again!

p.s. no email from you... sending a pm with the email addy i donated from so you know. thanks!
    Yeah, I feel the same way about the messages. But I've also been using them "combined" for a few months so I'm more used to that anyway. I can see how people used to having them separate would like that.

As far as that email - I can't wait to see your address and find out if my email just didn't go through, or if someone else got that email from me LOL. They must be confused if it went to someone else...

As always, thanks for the feedback and I'll keep an eye on my PM's and send you the email once I get your address (although your address shows up in paypal, so we shall see!)
    06-29-09 02:56 PM
    Yeah, I feel the same way about the messages. But I've also been using them "combined" for a few months so I'm more used to that anyway. I can see how people used to having them separate would like that.

As far as that email - I can't wait to see your address and find out if my email just didn't go through, or if someone else got that email from me LOL. They must be confused if it went to someone else...

As always, thanks for the feedback and I'll keep an eye on my PM's and send you the email once I get your address (although your address shows up in paypal, so we shall see!)
    Hey Aug, when you use SMS and Messages combined, do you get both new SMS and new email items showing up in the Today area when you select the combined Messages hotspot? Or do you only get one but not the other? I was using a hidden today theme awhile back with both combined, but was only getting emails in the today area - not sure if it was a glitch with that particular theme, a glitch with my phone on that particular day, or if that's the way it works.
    06-29-09 06:36 PM
    how do i get these awesome wallpapers???
    06-29-09 08:19 PM
    looks sweet nice theme
    06-29-09 08:32 PM
    Aug- I am really loving this theme! In fact more each day. First of all- my memory has been awesome since I have been using this and therefore my whole bb has been a bit zippier. Also with the sms/email issue- I put the sms icon on one of the hot spots and I have different notification sounds for each one so I know when I get a message whether it is a text or an email. That is really all I needed.
    As for the donation issue-- this theme is so awesome and I hope all those who download it have the decency to donate. If I was a developer (lol God bless all the blackberrys) and could make this kind of theme-- I would hope that people would donate to acknowledge all the hours of work and talent that went into this. Just saying!!!! Wanted to say Thanks again for the work you have done-it is appreciated.
    And for anyone who hasn't tried this theme-- give it a whirl-- I have tried many and kept 3 themes so far. I am very picky and this one is one worth keeping!!
    06-29-09 09:29 PM
    Hey Aug, when you use SMS and Messages combined, do you get both new SMS and new email items showing up in the Today area when you select the combined Messages hotspot? Or do you only get one but not the other? I was using a hidden today theme awhile back with both combined, but was only getting emails in the today area - not sure if it was a glitch with that particular theme, a glitch with my phone on that particular day, or if that's the way it works.
    You know, I'm not sure. I'll look in to this - I don't use separate message inboxes so I don't know for sure. I'll change my setup around and let you know what I find...
    06-30-09 10:53 AM
    how do i get these awesome wallpapers???
    You can follow the link specified in the first post in this thread. I have all of the wallpapers I have found and use posted up there for easy download Just read the first post
    06-30-09 11:04 AM
    Aug- I am really loving this theme! In fact more each day. First of all- my memory has been awesome since I have been using this and therefore my whole bb has been a bit zippier. Also with the sms/email issue- I put the sms icon on one of the hot spots and I have different notification sounds for each one so I know when I get a message whether it is a text or an email. That is really all I needed.
    As for the donation issue-- this theme is so awesome and I hope all those who download it have the decency to donate. If I was a developer (lol God bless all the blackberrys) and could make this kind of theme-- I would hope that people would donate to acknowledge all the hours of work and talent that went into this. Just saying!!!! Wanted to say Thanks again for the work you have done-it is appreciated.
    And for anyone who hasn't tried this theme-- give it a whirl-- I have tried many and kept 3 themes so far. I am very picky and this one is one worth keeping!!
    Thanks so much maddie. As much as the donations are awesome and are a big form of motivation for me to continue developing and supporting this theme, comments like yours really are "priceless." I'm so happy to have been able to make something that people are enjoying, and your posts are always a boost for me to read. Not only do you always have nice things to say about the themes (as well as good feedback and requests), you also show your appreciation with donations.

You, ma'am, are awesome!
    06-30-09 11:08 AM
1,521 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD