View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    Glad you asked! I had wanted to do that but almost forgot! I was thinking options would be a natural choice as well - but I'd love to hear input from others as well!

For non-QL users: what would you like to have in the bottom left hot spot instead of QL?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just donated, very excited for it to come out! I would also vote for the Options in the bottom left frame if you eventually make it (no rush), I'm not a QL user here!

Also I'm torn about the WeatherBug icon being always present... it is very useful, but it ruins the clean lines of the theme!

BTW Auggie, it is very classy - I like your style. And your perfectionism does not go unnoticed!

-Cyrus
    Last edited by vyrus; 06-24-09 at 08:00 PM.
    06-24-09 07:50 PM
    Ok, I sent that email out. If I somehow missed you, please let me know and I would cross-reference it with my paypal account to be sure.

If anyone has troubles with that installation please feel free to email me like I said at the address I gave you.

Going back to catch up on the other posts now
    06-24-09 08:00 PM
    No dial pad cutoff is clutch. Love the symmetry of the layout, too. I think this is the icon-less home screen theme that I've been hunting for.

*Waits patiently for OTA*
    I know, the dial pad cut off on other themes KILLED me. Actually, that is what started this entire thing for me. That and where the clock was located. I'm glad that somebody else appreciates that as much as I do
    06-24-09 08:02 PM
    btw... i'm all for donating but as with others, i'm a try before you buy kind of guy. LOL

if not options... SMS is the next best commonly used non-3rd party feature i can think of. either one would be good in my opinion. not sure what others think.
    No problem, I don't blame ya' one bit - I'd likely do the same myself!

I will see if I am able to split SMS and Messages up. If so, I will release a version (eventually) that has SMS in the bottom left, and Messages in the bottom right (unless you'd like those to be swapped?). It will take a while though - I have tons going on... but I definitely WILL be working on it.
    06-24-09 08:05 PM
    For a non-QL version, I'd suggest SMS, Media, or Contacts to replace the QL slot.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am hoping more people will continue to weigh-in on the subject. At the moment, it is likely that I'll do a split SMS and Messages setup, with one in the bottom right and the other in the bottom left. If i can't work that out for some reason, I'll go with whatever people request the most. It really isn't a HORRIBLE thing for me to do, just takes a bit of time. But if people are donating, I definitely want them to have a theme that is customized to maximize their enjoyment and productivity, so I'll be willing to crank out many versions

Just keep giving your opinions on this subject everyone!
    06-24-09 08:07 PM
    looks real cool just need ota
    06-24-09 08:07 PM
    Nice, Im gonna have to check this out when the OTA is up.

Also, can you post the first two custom backgrounds you have in the shot? I really like them.
    Here you go, they're attached to this! Enjoy and keep checking back for the OTA to go up!
    06-24-09 08:12 PM
    +1 on that! def looking forward to the OTA to determine amount of donatability haha!
    06-24-09 08:13 PM
    Here you go, they're attached to this! Enjoy and keep checking back for the OTA to go up!
    Oh believe me I will

I love iconless home screen themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 08:15 PM
    I would say just make that button Use Device Application order...like the other hotspots...then they can put anything there...

Looks great..
    This is an idea that I had considered as well. I'm torn on this since it does seem like the most obvious choice to me... however it doesn't fit my setup of having "dynamic" icons in the L and "static" hot spots in the rest of the theme.

If enough people request this I will do it - but it also seems like a bit of a waste of app screen space to make the first 5 icons have to stay listed. If I make this a "static" hot spot that points to the same app all the time, then the 5th slot can be used as an additional icon for quick access. Just a design decision that I'm not sure about yet.

I'm also considering making that the WB slot to try to keep a bit more balance in the theme. Currently, when messages come in, the screen is slightly off balance, weighted towards the right. If I threw WB in, it would help counter-act that a little...

I'm going to wait a bit until I make a final decision either way... but input like this really does factor in to what I think, as well as spur on new ideas. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!
    06-24-09 08:16 PM
    I would gladly donate again for that! Love to see the weather all the time!
    Maddie, where would you like the WB icon to show up on the screen? Would the bottom left next to the date work OK for you?
    06-24-09 08:17 PM
    Just as an update to everyone:

OTA should *hopefully* be up some time by tomorrow evening. I don't want to give a time, because I don't want to let everyone down if I don't make it. My work days fluxuates a LOT. Some days I am literally doing nothing from 9-6, and other days I don't even get to look at a computer from 9-6 (thank goodness I have my BB!). But I am HOPING that sometime tomorrow I'll have it up, and if not, then likely by Friday.
    06-24-09 08:20 PM
    Maddie, where would you like the WB icon to show up on the screen? Would the bottom left next to the date work OK for you?
    Wherever you want to put it is fine with me- I am not picky- just want it on the screen somewhere!
    06-24-09 08:26 PM
    On the home screen, the date bar (at the bottom) is not dark like in the pictures. I'm hoping that's not a permanent change?
    Thanks,
    -Cyrus
    06-24-09 08:39 PM
    On the home screen, the date bar (at the bottom) is not dark like in the pictures. I'm hoping that's not a permanent change?
    Thanks,
    -Cyrus
    That is odd. It's not a change at all actually! i didn't set it up that way. I haven't had a version like that for quite a few revisions. If anyone else is having that issue, please let me know.

I am assuming you are talking about that "transparent" banner that goes horizontally across the bottom where the date sits, correct? I will re-test the version I sent you right now and make sure it is still there. I will also double-check the email to make sure I sent you the correct version!
    06-24-09 08:45 PM
    That is odd. It's not a change at all actually! i didn't set it up that way. I haven't had a version like that for quite a few revisions. If anyone else is having that issue, please let me know.

I am assuming you are talking about that "transparent" banner that goes horizontally across the bottom where the date sits, correct? I will re-test the version I sent you right now and make sure it is still there. I will also double-check the email to make sure I sent you the correct version!
    Yup that's the bar. Thanks in advance, and I did do a QuickPull it still isn't there.

Thanks!
    06-24-09 08:47 PM
    I just double checked. I think the version I sent you had a bug. Not sure why. I'll work it out and send it back out to you.

Hopefully not everyone is having that issue. It will be resolved by the end of the night (most likely sooner though)

Thanks for the heads up from Cyrus!
    06-24-09 08:48 PM
    Looking awesome. Great work...
    06-24-09 08:48 PM
    Yup that's the bar. Thanks in advance, and I did do a QuickPull it still isn't there.

Thanks!
    A new email was just sent out with fixed files. I apologize to anyone who experienced this bug. I did see it myself. A special thanks to Cyrus for seeing it.

The new files sent out should work perfectly - I am running them on my phone as I type and it all looks good
    06-24-09 09:14 PM
    You all are making me jealous. I am drooling waiting for the OTA.
    06-24-09 09:19 PM
    Maddie, did you get my email? I know you said you'd rather wait for the OTA, but if you want to give it a go, I'm more than happy to try to walk you through the process, step-by-step. I included some pretty specific instructions, but they are a tad lengthy.

No pressure, but if you really want it right now I can try to help you. It's annoying to do but I'm willing to help if you want
    06-24-09 09:21 PM
    Just as a note to everyone donating:
    Please keep in mind that (unfortunately) PayPal takes a cut of every donation made. So if you think you're giving $5 or $10, you're really not. It stinks, and I never knew that when I was on the other end of donations. Luckily, a theme developer told me one time and I changed my habits after that.

I'm not asking for more money, but I do want people to be aware of that - because it changed the way I donated forever. It isn't a HUGE amount, but there is definitely a fee they take out and it adds up.

Just a heads up, now go donate as little as you like!
    06-24-09 09:28 PM
    love this theme... great work... works on .151
    06-24-09 09:31 PM
    Glad to hear there is a confirmed .151 success So no fears to you other .151 users out there!
    06-24-09 09:36 PM
    This theme is great! Donation made! By far one of the best no icon themes out there!

"Bear's heartworm pill" sweet...dude you rock!!!
    06-24-09 09:39 PM
1,521 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD