I've had my Storm for about a month. I've tried about four different themes (all free) and every one of them leaks memory, usually in the area of about 10mb per day. I'd like to try something other than the default theme but I'm frustrated with the constant loss of memory.

I'm running .151 on a 9530.

Thanks.
    08-15-09 04:13 PM
    I've had my Storm for about a month. I've tried about four different themes (all free) and every one of them leaks memory, usually in the area of about 10mb per day. I'd like to try something other than the default theme but I'm frustrated with the constant loss of memory.

I'm running .151 on a 9530.

Thanks.
    My recommendation is don't worry about your memory. I rarely check my memory these days. It causes an obsession.

That probably isn't going to help you though so what I recommend you do is download the app quickpull and set it to reset your blackberry while you are asleep every day.
    08-15-09 04:16 PM
    I'm no expert like the rest of the people on here... but what I have read from my searches and from personal experience... yes they all leak... some more than others... but all leak none the less.
    08-15-09 04:26 PM
    I had different themes on my phone and they made my memory leak alot. but since i went back to the original one (ZEN) it leaks alot less my meromy is currently at 18mb and its being like that for the last 2 days lol but when i was on the other themes i had to pull the battery like 2 times every day. because the memory will get really low. SO stay with original theme......
    08-15-09 04:33 PM
    I use the 3G theme and it leaks like a sieve. Once every few days I pull the battery and reboot the phone. I rarely worry about the amount of memory I have or don't have these days. The phone works just fine with 25mb or 10mb. It is just not that big of an issue for me anyway.
    08-15-09 04:34 PM
    :|:elle:|: isn't a memory hog.
    08-15-09 04:47 PM
    elle, miro, enso are all quality themes with little to no leak at all
    08-15-09 04:57 PM
    Got to agree with -elle- from personal experience.
    08-15-09 05:02 PM
    HeroBerry has been a great theme for me. Its not free, but is on sale for 1.99 until Sunday.
    08-15-09 05:21 PM
    Elle is the way to go. Have tried a whole lot of themes and Elle is the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 06:21 PM
    I use the 3G theme and it leaks like a sieve.
    doesn't leak at all on 151.

08-15-09 06:47 PM
    3G theme rocks it.
    08-15-09 07:03 PM
    elle enso look good, I will try-
    08-15-09 07:16 PM
    Couldn't agree more.
    08-15-09 11:29 PM
    The Hidden III theme rocks too
    08-16-09 12:30 AM
    Are you leaking as in dropping down critically low like close to 0mb, or dropping ~10mb from boot up and then stabilizing?

This was a shot taken when I was on 148 official, booting around 39mb, then dropping ~8mb but steady holding from there.

Similar results with all three themes in my sig and most of the others I've tried.

If you're experiencing a true memory leak then an OS reload - Patches style, upgrade, etc. may be in order.
    08-16-09 10:08 AM
    Just reread OP and saw that you said 10mb/day. You can look into quick pull, meter berry, etc. for scheduled daily reboots. Lot of us geeks like to run stuff like that anyway
    08-16-09 10:17 AM
    Not every theme leaks, check this out from earlier stats I posted. After nearly 24 hours there was NO leakage at all and normal phone use. I use 3GStorm.

My boot-up was 37.2MB, I have more than 35 apps on my phone, also have three themes (including the default theme). Results above shown for 24 after startup. Other than the usual drop at boot-up as files cache, my memory held unchanged for every 30 minute update as captured by MeterBerry. No leakage with using 3GStorm.

See my sig for info on how you might stop leakage and also for link to 3GStorm (and it's a FREE theme too). As FYI, I found that if I had a theme with a leak, even if it was not the active theme, it would still cause memory leakage just being on my phone. Only resolution I found was to delete and then reinstall the OS to get a wipe of whatever residual the poorly written theme had left and was causing the leak. As you can see now, my memory is tight 10MB leak a day is insane.
    08-16-09 10:31 AM
    ohhh sick screen shot. not even a +/-.1'er there
    08-16-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD