View Poll Results: Which app would you most want on your primary dock? Please read below FIRST!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Visual Voicemail

8 13.33%
  • Facebook

10 16.67%
  • Pandora

5 8.33%
  • Viigo

6 10.00%
  • Myspace

2 3.33%
  • Browser

43 71.67%
  • Sound Profiles

8 13.33%
  • Music Player

9 15.00%
  • Video Camera

2 3.33%
  • Other

17 28.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    READ FIRST!:For polling purposes: since we cannot conduct a poll in which you select your 5 most used applications, it will be assumed that the three most used apps are: Messages, SMS an MMS, and Contacts. This will prevent the overloading of these three most used apps and help to determine the 4th and 5th most used apps. It will also be assumed for the purposes of HTC touch Slide theme that the weather and clock apps are availible through the home screen. 'Other' will be defined as another app that is not listed in the poll. If other is selected, please leave feedback in the thread what the 'other' all is.

This thread's purpose to to poll BB Storm users on which applications they use most. The results of this poll should help theme developers determine which icons they should include on the main docks of their themes.

This idea arose when it was decided that the camera icon in HTC Touch Slide by KD was unnecessary due to the right convenience key being set for camera. This will help determine what should replace that button, as well as determine which apps are most desired to have in BB storm user's main dock. Please contribute to the research. As always, all comments, concerns, and feedback are welcomed...

Visual Voicemail
    Facebook
    Pandora
    Viigo
    Myspace
    Browser
    Sound Profiles
    Music Player
    Video Camera
    Other
    04-30-09 11:58 AM
    Actually I never use Contacts and my messages are combined, but otherwise...

Browser
    Visual Voicemail
    BB messenger
    Other - Spot for BerryWeather
    04-30-09 11:59 AM
    should it be changed to select your 5 most used apps then?
    04-30-09 12:05 PM
    I'm not sure, I just feel like with those out of the running, everyone will pick browser!
    04-30-09 12:09 PM
    No offense but who in the **** would want the camera, when by default it is assigned to the right convience key.........LOL. This is why im on the fence about this theme.
    04-30-09 01:30 PM
    I don't have the camera on my right convenience key but I have it on Quick Launch. I definitely don't need it on my home screen, that's for sure.
    04-30-09 01:48 PM
    Aside from Messages & SMS, my primary dock icons are MeterBerry and BerryWeather.
    04-30-09 01:51 PM
    if you have this theme, the weather app is displayed in the top right corner on the home screen and there is no need to have it on your primary dock...
    04-30-09 02:04 PM
    Very minor but would like him to make those dots with glow around them on home screen green.
    04-30-09 02:10 PM
    I notice there are a lot of 'others'. Please post what the 'others' are..
    04-30-09 05:08 PM
    My choice for Other: BlackBerry Messenger

Also note that, had Facebook not recently integrated itself with the Mail app, I would have voted Facebook instead of BBM.
    04-30-09 08:05 PM
    My perma 5 if i needed to - and have done in the past would be...

In this order:
    MSG
    SMS\MMS
    BBM
    Calendar
    Browser

That takes care of all of my forms of communication (which are what the phone is for) and my scheduling. Most efficient perm. dock if you ask me

of course this is assuming weather spot is there.
    04-30-09 08:45 PM
    My perma 5 if i needed to - and have done in the past would be...

In this order:
    MSG
    SMS\MMS
    BBM
    Calendar
    Browser

That takes care of all of my forms of communication (which are what the phone is for) and my scheduling. Most efficient perm. dock if you ask me

of course this is assuming weather spot is there.
    For what it's worth, those are my 5 if I absolutely had to choose....
    04-30-09 10:20 PM
    but what percentage of BB users use the BB messenger so much that they need it on the perm dock. I am not a user that uses it at all. While i think it is a great program and can be very useful in different situations, do enough users use it that it should be placed on a perm dock? I may be in the small percentage that dont use it, but im not aware of too many people who use it that much...
    04-30-09 10:33 PM
    I notice there are a lot of 'others'. Please post what the 'others' are..
    My bet is "Media" would have received some of those votes had it been included in the poll.

but what percentage of BB users use the BB messenger so much that they need it on the perm dock. I am not a user that uses it at all. While i think it is a great program and can be very useful in different situations, do enough users use it that it should be placed on a perm dock? I may be in the small percentage that dont use it, but im not aware of too many people who use it that much...
    I imagine you're part of a relatively large percentage who don't use BBM all that much. I don't use it a ton, but like Brad said, I like having all forms of communication accessible because that's what the phone is ultimately for. I also like having everything that notifies me of something always on the home screen. That's why I prefer a 10 icon set up, where I can have Facebook and Visual Voice Mail in addition
    Last edited by cozper; 04-30-09 at 10:37 PM.
    04-30-09 10:33 PM
    That is all I have ever used on a any BB I have had over the past few years....
    04-30-09 10:34 PM
    My bet is "Media" would have received some of those votes had it been included in the poll.

I imagine you're part of a relatively large percentage who don't use BBM all that much. I don't use it a ton, but like Brad said, I like having all forms of communication accessible because that's what the phone is ultimately for. I also like having everything that notifies me of something always on the home screen. That's why I prefer a 10 icon set up, where I can have Facebook and Visual Voice Mail in addition
    Isn't part of the appeal of having a blackberry the use of the blackberry messenger? I know every since I switched over to BB's I definitely use the messenger WAY more than old school text messages. It's so much faster and easier to use because you can simply hit the enter button to send your message. So, I agree with you cozper... having all forms of communication on the homescreen is definitely the best way to go. My most used icons are the Calendar, bb messenger, sms, messages, media, and the application folder where I keep all secondary icons (i.e., gsync, gtalk, gmaps, youtube, fbook, pandora, opera mini, etc...)

Also, more and more of my friends and family are switching to bb and the messenger is the way to go. It's free no matter what network your contact might be on, and I was actually able to lower my text message plan to the minimal number as a result of the BB messenger. I have to my messenger icon on the homescreen - right next to the sms.
    04-30-09 11:50 PM
    +1 for calendar. I access my contacts by pressing the "send" hard key so I buried the contacts icon.
    05-01-09 12:17 AM
    Media for me.

~X
    05-01-09 02:47 AM
    I agree. The contacts can be easily accessed using the green button. no sense in putting another button for it on the home screen. I feel the same way about the bottom half of the clock and the BB button in the HTC theme...
    05-01-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD