Is there any way to run a non-zen or non-today theme on the storm? For OS 4.3 and 4.5 RIM supplied a Dimension Icon theme, which always showed every icon I had (no need to press the BB button to show all icons). OS 4.7 only comes with a precision zen theme. Every single 3rd party theme I've seen is based off of a zen or a today theme (they have both a homescreen and an applications screen). I've tried to create an icon theme in theme builder, but it seems impossible to remove/turn off/disable the homescreen. I would like to just have the applications screen set by default, so that I never have to see the homescreen. (and yes, I know that if the phone is in landscape, it will always show the applications screen...I'm talking about for the default portrait screen)

Does anyone know of a way to make an icon theme? What would happen if I removed the precision zen theme from the OS 4.7 java and added the dimension zen/icon themes from OS 4.5? Has anyone tried this? My guess is that it will just boot up with no theme, like when you remove all themes from java. Maybe RIM will include a precision icon theme in OS 5.0, but the way things are going, I doubt it.
    05-01-09 04:10 PM
    No one has any info on this?
    05-02-09 05:44 AM
    Check out the themes section.
    05-02-09 06:25 AM
    It could be created in composer. But you can get close on the stock theme. In landscape home, hit menu and options and change the number of rows to 3. Its not exactly an icon theme but you get 12 icons on the home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 12:26 PM
    It could be created in composer.
    Could you give me some hints on that? I feel like that probably would not work because RIM did not provide an icon theme to the lay the foundation on. For instance, in OSs 4.3 and 4.5, RIM supplied a dimension icon theme. In turn, plazmic allowed us to create icon themes. However, if you removed RIM's dimension icon from java, but loaded a third party icon theme, the OS would not recognize it. With OS 4.7, RIM only supplied a zen theme and plazmic only allows users to create a theme based off of zen (a dock and/or today, press the BB button for all applications). I don't think it's possible to make an icon theme in composer to place in the java folder to lay the foundation for all other third party icon themes in 4.7, but if you think it's possible, please PM me. I never liked having two different screens, but until OS 4.7 (not sure about 4.6), this could be changed by loading an icon theme. Thanks for your response.
    05-02-09 01:56 PM
    I took have been looking for a solution to this issue. The BB Dimension Icon theme that is available on the curve, and other models prior, is something that I am looking for for our storm.

At this point, I have been relying on pattern lock to bypass the 'short cut home screen' and direct me to the full applications home screen.

Are there any updates on this?

Pattern lock:

VERSION 1.1.4
    ---------------------------------
    - Ability to disable sounds when media player is playing
    - Ability to set PatternLock to always unlock to the Homescreen

This specific feature is one that I appreciate very much.

p.s. this thread would probably fit better in the themes category... however, i think the traffic here in the OS category would be helpful
    Last edited by nysstorm; 05-10-09 at 10:25 PM.
    05-10-09 10:23 PM
    I don't think we'll be able to do this until RIM supplies an icon theme with the OS as they did in 4.3/4.5. My current solution (which is just about as good as the next best thing) is to use a 16-icon homescreen, and to disable landscape with stoptilt so that I always show the homescreen.
    05-10-09 10:40 PM
    the 16 icon homescreen? this is exactly what i've been trying to achieve. do you by any chance mean the 12 icon homescreen?

If not, i'd appreciate some direction on how to achieve the 16 icon homescreen.
    05-10-09 11:20 PM
    the 16 icon homescreen? this is exactly what i've been trying to achieve. do you by any chance mean the 12 icon homescreen?

If not, i'd appreciate some direction on how to achieve the 16 icon homescreen.
    Check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/pr...equest-199033/

In it, you'll find a theme you can download which defaults the homescreen to 16 icons.

Here are the direct links to download the theme:

http://www.stormskins.com/files/zen16.zip (Desktop)

http://www.stormskins.com/files/zen1...eme_zen_16.jad (OTA)
    05-11-09 12:27 AM
    Awesome. I really appreciate your help with this.
    05-11-09 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD