just deleted all my other themes...this one kicks ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I did the same thing. This theme rocks. Have been using it for a day now and am happy with it. I am in the process of getting the new build from today. Great work!
    02-22-09 02:47 PM
    Great theme. Fantastic design and ranks in the top two, looks wise. However, I found that it lags my OS down noticeable compared to the Message-Centric today by Jubz. I will have to stick with that one due to the snappiness, but this is my 2nd favorite and If the other wasn't available I'd go with this theme.

Speed it up, and I'll be switching!
    02-22-09 03:13 PM
    the best theme out their!! period

thanks again for the updated version
    02-22-09 03:51 PM
    Great theme. Fantastic design and ranks in the top two, looks wise. However, I found that it lags my OS down noticeable compared to the Message-Centric today by Jubz. I will have to stick with that one due to the snappiness, but this is my 2nd favorite and If the other wasn't available I'd go with this theme.

....We simply cannot have that! I apologize for not even TESTING that yet... I have been rebooting it on my device over and over that I've pulled my battery probably 20 times yesterday... It's been snappier than ever the entire time!

The images, although pretty are very basically set up, using repeating images a lot. I created it to be fast and to match the base OS that cannot be changed in some areas....
    -Why have an orange theme everywhere when you'll still see parts that don't match?!

First of all, does anyone else honestly notice lag?? I haven't so i need input.
    i'm running .103/.106 hybrid..

Here's the only option I could find that may or maynot change the speed...

Navigational History:
    options: Full Memory, One Step, No Memory

Now i'm interpreting this as

-Full Memory being more fluent..maybe using more memory of your system.

-One Step being maybe it's quick to hit your "Back" button, but the processor still has to "think" when doing anything forward or back more than one step.

-No Memory being the processor thinking every step by step

...THESE ARE JUST GUESSES!!! So if you know for sure and i'm wrong, please tell me.

Current Setting right now is Full Memory
    ..maybe that's why it's working real smooth off the batt pulls? I don't know..i'll use my phone a lot today and see if it slows down...
    Last edited by stephenabbott20; 02-22-09 at 04:21 PM.
    02-22-09 04:18 PM

I haven't noticed that, but I've been updating theme each time new release so haven't had theme on there for more than 12 hours. But has seemed to be quite responsive. I'm running official firmware .75. I did notice problems with another theme, but this one has been quite responsive.
    02-22-09 04:24 PM
    I've got the updated operating system that came with the Storm from Verizon (think its 4.7) and its fairly snappy. I really dont notice a lag or slow down. Im thinking it might be time to attempt a Operating System change.
    02-22-09 04:29 PM
    OK here's the final one I came up with. I think I'm pretty much done modifying...

Thanks for the theme file!!!

Now does anyone know how to get this hosted OTA?
    02-22-09 04:38 PM
    Is there anyway to get back the original wallpaper?.. I changed the wallpaper to another and now I cannot get the original back..Could you post the original black wallpaper?..Great Great JOB!!
    02-22-09 05:01 PM
    I'm not a big fan of themes. This one is awesome. Nice work.
    02-22-09 05:05 PM
    Awesome theme
    02-22-09 05:10 PM
    ....We simply cannot have that! I apologize for not even TESTING that yet... I have been rebooting it on my device over and over that I've pulled my battery probably 20 times yesterday... It's been snappier than ever the entire time!

The images, although pretty are very basically set up, using repeating images a lot. I created it to be fast and to match the base OS that cannot be changed in some areas....
    -Why have an orange theme everywhere when you'll still see parts that don't match?!

First of all, does anyone else honestly notice lag?? I haven't so i need input.
    i'm running .103/.106 hybrid..

Here's the only option I could find that may or maynot change the speed...

Navigational History:
    options: Full Memory, One Step, No Memory

Now i'm interpreting this as

-Full Memory being more fluent..maybe using more memory of your system.

-One Step being maybe it's quick to hit your "Back" button, but the processor still has to "think" when doing anything forward or back more than one step.

-No Memory being the processor thinking every step by step

...THESE ARE JUST GUESSES!!! So if you know for sure and i'm wrong, please tell me.

Current Setting right now is Full Memory
    ..maybe that's why it's working real smooth off the batt pulls? I don't know..i'll use my phone a lot today and see if it slows down...
    It could be that i'm running the official .75 (which I haven't had any problems with and; therefore, I'm waiting for a stable/official OS upgrade from vzw) as opposed to the hybrid like you, but I had the wait clock few a seconds here and there when going back and forth between home and app screen. Also, when idle and then clicking the screen to wake it up... it would take a second or two to register the touch on the messages/calendar/etc... Just a tad annoying when you are use to it being immediate.

On another note, I'm not app heavy - but I do have a few that I use frequently (but I close them out after use). Any idea which are the worst for memory leaks? I do a batterypul/quickpull daily so that's not an issue. With the message-centric theme by jubz (very minimalistic) it seems faster than the first day I got it. Maybe I'm just seeing that increased speed and judging yours unfairly. Like I said, I love the entire theme design and layout (except I only prefer the right smaller icons, left ones seems to clutter).

I haven't tried the newest update today, but do you think I should give it a whirl? Snappier you think? Thanks for responding to some random poster like me. Very cool all in all.

Edit: and one suggestion if I may... any way to make the entire line highlight on the celandar/messages/sms when you choose and entry as opposed to just the date/time on the left? It kinda throws you off to only have the date/time highlight in blue when you choose the entry for me, but maybe that's just my own little issue!
    Last edited by jbcb3; 02-22-09 at 05:24 PM.
    02-22-09 05:18 PM
    this is a really nice theme...thanks for sharing....
    02-22-09 05:27 PM
    Just have to say I found the theme I've been looking for.
    02-22-09 05:35 PM
    I may have found a glitch (for those of us that use Weatherbug). I dont think the Weatherbug icon is updating on its own like it use to on the original theme. It updates if you click on it then go into the program and hit update but I dont believe it is doing the 15, 30, or 1 hour update that you can set it to.
    02-22-09 06:04 PM
    I was just going to recommend changing the icons, bc they are just to plain. As for your new them you commented on modifying it looks pretty sweet, I can't wait to download.
    02-22-09 06:36 PM
    all you have to do its going into your pictures and hit menu and you will see reset home screen image and bam back to the original homescreen.
    02-22-09 06:49 PM
    I know this has been asked but I haven't seen an answer. Is it possible to change the icons on the right side? Specifically, can they be changed to 3rd party apps? I would like to put Quicklaunch at the top of the right side. Viigo below it, etc.....

Thanks!

Stephen, Great Theme! Absolutely awesome. Am working on tweaking for my tastes and will post when done!
    02-22-09 06:55 PM
    Seal o' Approval!

Seriously, I've only been able to use three themes out of the 20+ I have tried so far. This one, Dark Knight and Dark Black are the only ones that will work with my email (BES), my calendar and one of my personal emails altogether.

Excellent work!
    02-22-09 07:02 PM
    awesome theme! thank you for all the hard work!
    02-22-09 07:15 PM
    best theme i've seen so far. great work
    02-22-09 07:28 PM
    This is SO cool. My favorite so far. Thanks so much for posting the theme file, I'm going to tinker and see if I can add text on the main four icons to make WeatherBug display its temp.
    02-22-09 08:20 PM
    I may have found a glitch (for those of us that use Weatherbug). I dont think the Weatherbug icon is updating on its own like it use to on the original theme. It updates if you click on it then go into the program and hit update but I dont believe it is doing the 15, 30, or 1 hour update that you can set it to.
    I'm running the Storm version of Weatherbug and temps are updated on my screen.
    02-22-09 08:40 PM
    Scratch that on the tinkering for now, after a battery pull if I select WeatherBug I can see the temp. Might still tinker once the newest Plazmic beta finishes downloading. I put it off.
    02-22-09 08:46 PM
    02-22-09 09:03 PM
    Very cool! Thanks for posting it!
    02-22-09 09:13 PM
587 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD