Im looking for something...
    Any chance on making custom/other then stock folders? What I mean is other then the generic ones when editing, or changing a folder...I keep all media apps(camera, video, 'media' music player) in a media folder, same for messages...sms/email1/email2/BBM/facebook ect...

Im getting tired of the generic same folders...I wanted to see if it was possible
    07-10-09 08:42 PM
    Any chance on making custom/other then stock folders? What I mean is other then the generic ones when editing, or changing a folder...I keep all media apps(camera, video, 'media' music player) in a media folder, same for messages...sms/email1/email2/BBM/facebook ect...

Im getting tired of the generic same folders...I wanted to see if it was possible
    Nope, not as of yet.
    07-10-09 08:46 PM
    Only if you have a theme that has the default folder changed. I have made themes that made new folders and they weren't the stock one.

It did take a while for it to make the folder compared to the stock folder, but it can, and I have done it.
    07-10-09 08:58 PM

As previously stated, there doesn't seem to be a way for developers to change the default folder icons within Plazmic to release in themes. But, if you just want to change your own folders, holster posted this:

OK, if you guys haven't seen this yet, then hopefully I accomplished something here. Just found this tutorial on Pinstack and it appears to be the only way to do what you want to do. Haven't personally tried it because all i have is a curve, and no folders to change. Hope this helps.

Tutorial: How to customize ALL folders icons in a theme - PinStack.com
    07-10-09 10:11 PM
    As previously stated, there doesn't seem to be a way for developers to change the default folder icons within Plazmic to release in themes. But, if you just want to change your own folders, holster posted this:
    ya, so sucks, a user has to do it all himself,which ruins the point...ugh i was getting excited when reading those links for a moment.
    07-10-09 10:20 PM
    ya, so sucks, a user has to do it all himself,which ruins the point...ugh i was getting excited when reading those links for a moment.
    Sorry, I put in the disclaimer that we can't package it for the end user Just not in so many words. Hopefully it will be something fixed in the next plazmic... Sorry if I got your hopes up.
    07-10-09 10:26 PM
    Are we talking about making each folder different? As in a unique folder for the application folder, another for the setup, another for games and so on?

Or just one folder that can be used for all?

Reason I ask is that I've been talking with a dev who has changed the default folders for the applications/setup/games folders....the same folder used for all that is, but when I try to do this in tb, the changes don't stick once the theme is exported.

Driving me nuts.
    07-11-09 03:05 AM
    Are we talking about making each folder different? As in a unique folder for the application folder, another for the setup, another for games and so on?

Or just one folder that can be used for all?

Reason I ask is that I've been talking with a dev who has changed the default folders for the applications/setup/games folders....the same folder used for all that is, but when I try to do this in tb, the changes don't stick once the theme is exported.

Driving me nuts.
    We're talking about a different custom folder for each. You can easily change it so all folders are "Default Folder" and that's an image you can customize in Theme Builder, but _ALL_ folders created will look exactly the same. We want to be able to change the look of each folder.
    07-11-09 06:44 AM
    Yeah okay thats what I thought. But I'm still having trouble getting the damn default folders to change. I make the change in themebuilder but once its exported, the changes don't take.

I'm using tb version 4.1.0.19 - April 3 2009

Have no idea why the changes don't stick though. Any ideas?
    07-11-09 06:53 AM
    Yeah okay thats what I thought. But I'm still having trouble getting the damn default folders to change. I make the change in themebuilder but once its exported, the changes don't take.

I'm using tb version 4.1.0.19 - April 3 2009

Have no idea why the changes don't stick though. Any ideas?
    I'm at work, but if I remember correctly, in theme builder where you change the icons, right click and one of the options should be default folder or folder options or something like that. You may even have to right click on the default folder. I can't really remember and I access theme builder while I'm at work Hope this helps.
    07-11-09 07:03 AM
    I'm at work, but if I remember correctly, in theme builder where you change the icons, right click and one of the options should be default folder or folder options or something like that. You may even have to right click on the default folder. I can't really remember and I access theme builder while I'm at work Hope this helps.
    Well thats the weird thing. I right click, and it brings up the options to reset to default, edit image and so on. Left clicking on the icon lets me load my own.

I do all that, I see my new icon there for the default folder, but when the theme is exported, those changes don't show in the theme anymore.
    07-11-09 07:11 AM
    Well thats the weird thing. I right click, and it brings up the options to reset to default, edit image and so on. Left clicking on the icon lets me load my own.

I do all that, I see my new icon there for the default folder, but when the theme is exported, those changes don't show in the theme anymore.
    Right click not on the icons, but in the area where the word "Default Folder" and the other icon names are on the left of the icons, see if that works.
    07-11-09 07:14 AM
    Right click not on the icons, but in the area where the word "Default Folder" and the other icon names are on the left of the icons, see if that works.
    Right clicking on that brings up the same menu for resetting to default, image info and change all icons and so on.

Would there be a difference? I'll try it but the only real option I have is to change all icons again.
    07-11-09 07:18 AM
    Right clicking on that brings up the same menu for resetting to default, image info and change all icons and so on.

Would there be a difference? I'll try it but the only real option I have is to change all icons again.
    Weird. I wish I were at home so I could go through the motions, because I've done it with my themes. Sorry that I'm useless
    07-11-09 07:49 AM
    Weird. I wish I were at home so I could go through the motions, because I've done it with my themes. Sorry that I'm useless
    No probs mate. Perhaps if you can remember the thread for when you do get home and have some time, then let me know later. Would be appreciated.
    07-11-09 07:58 AM
    Try this thread, there's some useful tips:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/ho...s-icon-229142/
    07-11-09 08:11 AM
    cool, let me know
    07-11-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD