Convective - 5/25/2009 - Both versions updated to 1.1.0 and added to Mobihand! Still free, though...

OTA & DM
    Orignial (non-circles): HERE!
    Circles: HERE!

Change Log
    v1.1.0 - Improved memory management. Improved/Standardized lockscreen for landscape and portrait. Improved Application Banner.

The Basics (it's free, of course)
    Convective is designed to work with ANY wallpaper while still maintaining the theme structure, aesthetics and feel. It contains four hidden buttons (calendar, manage connections, clock and options), an applications list button and Today screen with 7 changeable Application icons. The stock icons are a shrunken Bold set, including the glow effect. And I'm going to level with you, it even looks good with the stock theme's default picture (you know, that lightning bolt dealio?).

The Circles version adds black circles behind the 7 homescreen application icons for increased visibility against wallpaper that may cause icons to blend in (ex: black and white wallpaper that washes out the SMS/Inbox icons).

A Little Bit Deeper, Now
    The theme homescreen is skinned with four fixed (regardless of wallpaper) background images which contain the clock, signals, unread icon indicator and battery meter while serving as anchors for hidden buttons.

Unread Icons - Application List
    Signals - Manage Connections
    Battery - Options
    Clock - Well...the clock.
    Date - Calendar

The 7 homescreen application icons are ordered counter-clockwise beginning from the upper left side of the screen and thence to follow the order on the user's application list. Below the date/clock combination sits a small and out of the way profiles icon which also features the glow effect when focused upon.

Convective is designed to minimize leaving the homescreen by making it as functional as possible while still maintaining a minimal memory impact. Weighing in at 335 kb, it's lighter than most premium themes which the same functionality.

The remaining part of the interface is skinned much to the same effect as my previous theme, Black and White Corner Stack.

Get It? Get It!
    The mobihand link is at the top of the post. It's free, don't worry. As in 100% free. As in freeware. As in free beer.

If you're interested in how this theme was made or you're looking to play around in Plazmic, you can get the .thm, .cp, and .svg files HERE (includes both Original and Circles versions). If you make anything based off these files, let me know! I'd love to see your work!

Of course, please leave any comments/criticism/shrieks of absolute joy/challenges to a fist fight that you may have. Let me know what you like! It's how I learn this stuff. Thanks a lot!

P.S.: If you wish to send me a bottle of liquor, I like scotch. Old, cheap scotch.
    Last edited by coolsoundingme; 05-26-09 at 02:41 PM. Reason: MOAR PICTURES! and NEW CIRCLES VERSION!
    05-23-09 10:35 PM
    Wow pretty cool... And sorry I'm not old enough to by some scotch...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 10:19 AM
    Wow pretty cool... And sorry I'm not old enough to by some scotch...

I'm glad you like it. And don't worry about the scotch. I can wait (that just makes it older).

On a side note - I just added a second "Circles" version to the mix...both desktop install and OTA. The .thm, .cp and .svg files have also been updated to include both versions on the theme.
    05-24-09 10:39 AM
    Theme is definitely nice with a black wallpaper. Great job Chris.
    05-25-09 08:45 AM
    Just updated to the new version (see changelog). I also added both to mobihand to help in distribution. There's both Desktop Install and OTA. You can even have mobihand send the link to your phone from the website incase something's up with your USB.

Enjoy!
    05-25-09 09:10 PM
    Off topic, but i love how the screen caps for the theme include today tasks that all take place here in Rochester, ny!
    Plus, the theme is pretty too :]
    05-26-09 09:45 AM
    I downloaded. Convection and absolutely love it. The layout of the home screen is GENIUS! But
    There.is an error in the version with no circles. I have 7 of the same icon it seems only the
    First changeable icon is changing and taking the place of all seven. I hope you can fix
    I did redownload hoping it would have just been a bad download but didn't work. I can't
    Wait to see more of your work soon. I'm always on the search for the perfect theme for me
    And this theme is it ao not to be pushy fix this masterpiece! Lol.PURTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR
    Of a scotch on the rocks..PLEASE PLEASE.. I can't wait to use this theme.
    Thank you for all your hard work and time..you are appreciated babe!
    05-26-09 10:01 AM
    I downloaded. Convection and absolutely love it. The layout of the home screen is GENIUS! But
    There.is an error in the version with no circles. I have 7 of the same icon it seems only the
    First changeable icon is changing and taking the place of all seven. I hope you can fix
    I did redownload hoping it would have just been a bad download but didn't work. I can't
    Wait to see more of your work soon. I'm always on the search for the perfect theme for me
    And this theme is it ao not to be pushy fix this masterpiece! Lol.PURTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR
    Of a scotch on the rocks..PLEASE PLEASE.. I can't wait to use this theme.
    Thank you for all your hard work and time..you are appreciated babe!
    Thanks for the catch. I recompiled both themes but ran into some issues after uploading them to mobihand. Currently, I'm having trouble logging in to said website, but rest assured the bug has been fixed. I only need to updated the OTA files on mobihand. Alas, that will need to wait until we can figure out the account issues. In the mean time, send me a PM with your e-mail address in it and I'll send you the new desktop manager files.

I'll post again when we get the mobihand issue fixed.
    05-26-09 12:25 PM
    Off topic, but i love how the screen caps for the theme include today tasks that all take place here in Rochester, ny!
    Plus, the theme is pretty too :]
    Hey man, it's my hometown. Can't wait to get back there in June. Nothing like the Roc City. I'm in desperate need for a garbage plate. Seriously. It's getting bad, haha. I'm going to need to add that to my Calendar tasks as well!

God I miss Tahou's.

I actually have a pic I took of the new 490 bridge over the genesee with downtown in the background. Granted, it's now been over two years, it reminds me of how much I love that city and cannot wait to get back to it. So start getting a lot of people who want to learn how to fly airplanes together in Rochester and give me a call. It's the only reason I'm in Florida right now. Otherwise I'd still be in Rochacha.
    Last edited by coolsoundingme; 05-26-09 at 12:32 PM.
    05-26-09 12:26 PM
    Fixed files are now on mobihand.
    05-26-09 03:06 PM
    Very nice. Thanks

05-27-09 05:07 AM
    I love the theme, but I noticed something today when I installed it on my Storm. It only shows the default calendar on the main screen. Is there a way to change it show it will show all calendars? I use 2 different ones to keep my personal and business appointments separate but would like to see the daily list all at once.

I didn't know if that might be something that is a limit of the SDK or if it is something that you just hadn't worked in yet.

BTW- Do you only have free versions of this, or are there pay/donationware versions of them?
    07-06-09 07:10 PM
    Is this .151 compatible??? If not, is it possible? Love the theme, great work.
    07-06-09 07:59 PM
    Is this .151 compatible??? If not, is it possible? Love the theme, great work.
    I certaintly hope so. This theme looks really nice. Great work. Looking forward to giving this a whirl.
    07-06-09 08:58 PM
    nice work with the hidden stuff. And major thanks for sharing some of your files. !!!!!!!
    07-09-09 03:35 PM
    nice work with the hidden stuff. And major thanks for sharing some of your files. !!!!!!!
    Agreed...definitly going to be playing around with these in Composer and Theme Builder. Will let you know if I leverage off of them. Most theme builders are tighter than a nuns a$s around here with how they design. It's refreshing to see someone willing to share. If I had any ability with building themes, I would be sharing my files as well.
    07-09-09 09:22 PM
    very interesting
    07-09-09 09:29 PM
    kind of a newbie with this stuff, so I was wondering...

I use this theme. If I upgrade to the new 5.0 OS, will I still be able to use this theme? Thanks in advance.
    10-26-09 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD